The Wrong-Headed Approach to Managing Diabetes

• 7 Replies
The Wrong-Headed Approach to Managing Diabetes
« on: February 15, 2024, 07:45:36 AM »
I was reading hyperglycemia (too high) vs hypoglycemia (too low) chart on Very Well, as I am pretty sure between holiday overindulgence (we've been baking too much and getting gifts from other people, and just buying too damned much sweets, and I've been kinda sedentary), and I decided something. Their concept of hyperglycemia vs hypoglycemia is not only very confusing (they list hunger on both sides, even though yeah that probably is true) but like most of modern medicine designed to give people the wrong idea so they stay on the medical dole.

Let's get an example, they behave like insulin is a treatment, when actually no, it's a stop-gap. It's a slight prevention to symptoms of hyperglycemia by trying to break down sugar. But there are two problems with the jab. First, most synthetic hormones (even bio-identical ones) create an issue where the body becomes dependent on external insulin and may try to stop producing on its own. We learned about this phenomenon in one of my health classes, on the mechanism for addiction. Just as I've heard over and over how the Republicans are endangering people's lives because they don't think insulin from hospitals and pharmacies ought to be free (or at least less expensive), this idea that you need insulin from an external source is crap. Your body does not stop making insulin, not naturally. Not even in my state of never using any medication do I suspect that I need insulin. What I need is exercise. What I also need is... well, let's get to the second problem of the jab. If you do any kind of exercise, you not only have added insulin, but you now have hypoglycemia!

Congratulations, you've just seesawed to the other side. You now have too little sugar... that's not right. You have probably plenty of sugar (but it's broken down) and even more of insulin.  Their recommended treatment? "Balancing carbohydrates with insulin" and "making sure meals are at regular times."  No. This is a twisted seesaw that is your health, and proceeding to place heavier and heavier loads on the body isn't a solution. The only solution that works is to exercise more and if you seem to have hypoglycemia, drink plenty of water. You want your body to flush both insulin and sugar out.

There is a massive difference between low blood sugar because you haven't eaten in weeks (you eat, and your body puts things right) and low blood sugar because your insulin is too damn high (you eat, and you seesaw back to hyperglycemia).

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

Re: The Wrong-Headed Approach to Managing Diabetes
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2024, 01:16:24 AM »
I'm not afraid to admit I might be wrong. After about a week of trying stuff, my resting blood sugar is totally out of control. What I'm not wrong about is the total interference in people's lives that is modern medicine.

I'm also not wrong about the Earth being flat. Nope, dying, not recanting that sorry. You guys are wrong, and that much is clear.

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2024, 03:44:07 AM »
I condemn those who tell her that she is afraid to admit that she may be wrong. These are all the games of globalist evil people.

I had all the blood tests done once (I don't know why I made such a mistake), and there were appearently no problems except blood pressure.

The doctor asked if I had thought of anything about it. I answered no. Think of a person as a machine, they do not all have to work at the same tempo. For some people, high blood pressure may not be a problem, for someone else, high blood sugar may not be a problem. and I didn't have any problems because of it. I asked him to take my temperature. He measured it and said 32. I asked if this is normal. He said it's not, you look like you're experiencing hypothermia. What does my color look like? Do I look white? He said no, you look good. Then I said excuse me and left. If I had stayed, he would have treated me for the onset of hypothermia. So, what does this high blood pressure and low body temperature indicate? Weak heart or lungs. They always call me soft-hearted anyway. I am also cold blooded. But these are not diseases, they are characteristics unique to me. If I get treatment, I won't be me anymore, I'll be like everyone else. This is the advice I can give you. good luck.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2024, 04:52:16 AM »

BB, don’t throw the baby out with the bath water, modern medicine is a process in the making, in its checkered history it has produced both wonders, (my eyesight is testament) and horrors such as lobotomy, but a friend of mine, a keen long distance runner and fitness buff, a year or two back started losing weight and feeling lethargic, he didn’t think too much of it until he collapsed and went into a coma, modern medicine saved him, diagnosed type 1 diabetes and fitted him with an implant that monitors his blood sugar and sends the results to his phone, he self-administers insulin accordingly and is stable.

I know many people in our health service, my wife being a nurse, there are bad as well as good, predominately the latter, and those toil endlessly to make the sick healthy.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2024, 06:22:52 AM »
bulma, diabetes is not something to mess around with. Our bodies were not made to consume so much sugar. If you need insulin to regulate your diabetes, pls do what your doctor suggests. You won't become addicted to it, and if you change your diet while you are using insulin to keep you alive, you may be able to stop taking the insulin eventually.

Eat more protein. Protein converts to sugar slowly and you won't have the drop from high to low. You can eat nuts, beans, and cheese if you don't eat meat. Hopefully you're not allergic to nuts, because they are so easy to carry around with you. Start researching veggies with higher protein and work them into your diet. Cut out sugary food, but keep some emergency candy or fruit juice in case your sugar drops suddenly. Also, remember that fruits have a lot of sugar, and some more than others, so research that too. Once you get your blood sugar under control you can use fruit like it's a treat instead of grabbing processed sweet foods.

I am not an expert on diabetes, but I've taken care of my grandparents over the past 20 years. One grandma had type 2 diabetes, and the other grandma had kidney failure (but not diabetes), the diet for both is similar and important.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 06:40:36 AM »
He measured it and said 32. I asked if this is normal. He said it's not, you look like you're experiencing hypothermia.
Errmm.... :P

But these are not diseases, they are characteristics unique to me. If I get treatment, I won't be me anymore,
The "treatment" will be wear a coat or turn your heating up stop walking around in wet clothes.  How did you get that cold?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2024, 06:44:02 AM by JimmyTheLobster »
"I'm not entirely sure who this guy is, but JimmyTheLobster is clearly a genius.  Probably one of the smartest arthropods  of his generation." - JimmyTheCrab

Quote from: bulmabriefs144
The woke left have tried to erase photosynthesis

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2024, 11:04:45 AM »
Eat more protein. Protein converts to sugar slowly and you won't have the drop from high to low.
Protein doesn't convert to sugar at all.  You're probably thinking about complex carbs like whole grains, veggies, fruits, etc., that break down more slowly.  It's the simple carbs like refined sugar, white flour, syrups and other ultra-processed foods that break down easily that you want to take it easy on.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2024, 01:01:17 PM »
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/nutrition/protein-and-diabetes.html

Protein and blood glucose

In addition to helping the body grow, protein can also be broken down by the body into glucose and used for energy (a process known as gluconeogenesis).

Protein can be broken down into glucose by the body and the effects are more likely to be noticed if you are having meals with less carbohydrate.

Protein is broken down into glucose less efficiently than carbohydrate and, as a result, any effects of protein on blood glucose levels tend to occur any where between a few hours and several hours after eating.

People with type 1 diabetes, or type 2 diabetes on insulin, may need to bear the effects of protein in mind if having a largely protein based meal. It’s best to learn how your sugar levels react to such meals so that you can judge the right insulin requirements.

Unless you were being pedantic because I said sugar instead of glucose.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.