auroras

• 20 Replies
?

cartwheelnurd

• Iname as One
auroras
« on: December 09, 2012, 08:18:58 PM »
AHy do auroras, like we see in the north and the south of th world, happen in FET? and why do they occur only in the northern or southern hemispheres?
Ravioli is how the universe fills a small part of itself with cheese.

Re: auroras
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 08:27:46 PM »
AHy do auroras, like we see in the north and the south of th world, happen in FET? and why do they occur only in the northern or southern hemispheres?
Auroras are caused by charged particles emitted from the sun interacting with the earth's magnetic field.

?

cartwheelnurd

• Iname as One
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:56:50 PM »
Auroras are caused by charged particles emitted from the sun interacting with the earth's magnetic field.

I know that, but I wonder if the tiny FE sun can produce enough of them to show the effects we see, and why they only show up in the north and south

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2012, 01:27:50 AM »

Ofcourse they happen in FET. Otherwise they wouldn't be happening.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

?

burt

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2012, 02:46:03 AM »

What he means to say is "I have no idea".

Beorn

• Flat Earth Editor
  • If I can't trust my eyes, what can I trust?
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 02:48:53 AM »

How did you manage to get that from what I wrote? I know they happen, I've seen it myself. Visit www.rif.org for more information.
Only one thing can save our future. Give Thork a BanHammer for Th*rksakes!

?

burt

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 03:15:56 AM »

How did you manage to get that from what I wrote? I know they happen, I've seen it myself. Visit www.rif.org for more information.

err... because you failed to answer the question.

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 05:13:46 AM »

Well done! Way to answer the question eh

?

cartwheelnurd

• Iname as One
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »

Sorry, I typed Why but it came out AHy.

Still, I have seen people denying meteorites exist.

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 07:34:36 AM »
Auroras don't work in flat earth faith. This is because magnetic field lines don't fit into the model very well, definitely not the way in which auroras would be able to form.

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 12:26:14 PM »
lol, thiz thread made my half an hour or so. im keeping this in my back pocket for next time i get stumped giving a talk.

?

cartwheelnurd

• Iname as One
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 12:28:31 PM »
lol, thiz thread made my half an hour or so. im keeping this in my back pocket for next time i get stumped giving a talk.

WHat makes it so funny?

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 12:30:37 PM »

WHat makes it so funny?

the lack of answers or more specifically the amusing way it was not answered.

?

Major Twang

• Astronomer
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 02:09:37 PM »
I would love to know the answer to this, because the physics I learned at university doesn't have any magnetic fields where one magnetic pole can encircles the other, yet both have similar field densities.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »
I imagine it is a consequence of aetheric eddies interacting with the Earth's magnetic field, but aether is nowhere near a fully-developed concept, so at the moment I would say this idea is sketchy.

I would love to know the answer to this, because the physics I learned at university doesn't have any magnetic fields where one magnetic pole can encircles the other, yet both have similar field densities.

Could you expand on this? I don't really understand what you are saying.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »
http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Aurora

On the Flat Earth the Aurora, also commonly referred to as the southern and northern lights, are a luminous atmospheric phenomenon that generally appear as bright colorful bands of light. Auroras are often visible in the night sky in both the northern and southern hemidisks of the Earth.

Auroras are believed to be caused by charged high energy particles from the solar winds that are trapped within the magnetic field of the Earth. As these charged particles spiral back and forth along the lines of the magnetic field, they become visible nearest to the north and south magnetic poles where these magnetic lines become vertical and interact with the atmosphere of the earth.

The bright visually pleasing colors commonly associated with auroras are the result of electrons colliding with oxygen and nitrogen molecules in the Earth's atmosphere. As these molecules become energized, then cool from their energized state, they emit actual light that can be seen by the naked human eye.

Auroras, both the northern and southern lights, can most frequently and easily be seen during the winter months within a 2500 km radius of the vertical magnetic field lines. This area is also known as the auroral zone.

?

cartwheelnurd

• Iname as One
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 05:13:26 PM »
http://theflatearthsociety.org/wiki/index.php?title=Aurora

On the Flat Earth the Aurora, also commonly referred to as the southern and northern lights, are a luminous atmospheric phenomenon that generally appear as bright colorful bands of light. Auroras are often visible in the night sky in both the northern and southern hemidisks of the Earth.

Auroras are believed to be caused by charged high energy particles from the solar winds that are trapped within the magnetic field of the Earth. As these charged particles spiral back and forth along the lines of the magnetic field, they become visible nearest to the north and south magnetic poles where these magnetic lines become vertical and interact with the atmosphere of the earth.

The bright visually pleasing colors commonly associated with auroras are the result of electrons colliding with oxygen and nitrogen molecules in the Earth's atmosphere. As these molecules become energized, then cool from their energized state, they emit actual light that can be seen by the naked human eye.

Auroras, both the northern and southern lights, can most frequently and easily be seen during the winter months within a 2500 km radius of the vertical magnetic field lines. This area is also known as the auroral zone.

What does this prove?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
What does this prove?

If you don't want to know the answer, don't ask.

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
Thanks Wilmore for a proper answer... Tom Bishop, not so much

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 10:30:47 PM »
What does this prove?

If you don't want to answer the question, don't post.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

cartwheelnurd

• Iname as One
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2012, 12:36:57 PM »
What does this prove?

I don't really know what you mean by this. What have I said that says I don't want to know this?