How many FEers are from the southern hemishphere?

• 26 Replies
How many FEers are from the southern hemishphere?
« on: March 04, 2020, 12:14:41 PM »
Most FEers seem to be from the northern hemisphere, which seems normal as most of the world's population is north of the equator.  I saw one article that estimated 88% of the worlds population lives in the northenn hemisphere.  However, my question is are there ANY FEers out there from Australia/South America/Southern Africa?  I would ask about Antarctica, but since according to FEers, Antarctica is off limits, my guess is there are no FEers in Antarctica

Re: How many FEers are from the southern hemishphere?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2020, 02:58:51 PM »
Most FEers seem to be from the northern hemisphere, which seems normal as most of the world's population is north of the equator.  I saw one article that estimated 88% of the worlds population lives in the northenn hemisphere.  However, my question is are there ANY FEers out there from Australia/South America/Southern Africa?  I would ask about Antarctica, but since according to FEers, Antarctica is off limits, my guess is there are no FEers in Antarctica

This assumes a southern hemisphere exists.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2020, 03:11:42 PM »

I certainly hope the Southern Hemisphere exists because I think that I live in the Southern Hemisphere.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2020, 04:07:38 PM »

I certainly hope the Southern Hemisphere exists because I think that I live in the Southern Hemisphere.

This assumes rabinoz exists.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2020, 05:48:20 PM »

This assumes rabinoz exists.
Cogito, ergo sum

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2020, 09:19:33 PM »
Can confirm it exists. Live this side too.
Can also confirm the earth is round though, I see ships sink under the horizon all the time.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 04:26:29 AM »
Can confirm it exists. Live this side too.
Can also confirm the earth is round though, I see ships sink under the horizon all the time.

Flat earthers have a different word for everything south of the equator. You can't use the word Southern hemisphere. You have to say Southern hemicircle.

I'm in the Southern hemicircle, just like Rab is. Rab and manaeswolf, can you guys at least be seen to be trying to use the appropriate terminology?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 06:54:18 AM »
You mean southern semicircle. Because you can not be ignorant so much.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2020, 09:06:56 AM »
11 million Brazilians, for example:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/06/brazil-flat-earth-conference-terra-plana

From the article:
Like Britain and the United States, Brazil is seeing a revival of flat Earth theory: 7% of the population – 11 million Brazilians – believe that the Earth is flat, according to the polling firm Datafolha. The poll noted believers were more likely to be religious or poorly educated.

Just sayin'

I did actually see a youtube debate the other day with an Australian Flat earther.  His name was Mitchell from Australia.  I just dont hear much about FEers from south of the equator, certainly none of the better known ones. 
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:09:56 AM by Ozymandias74 »

rvlvr

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2020, 09:19:26 AM »
Yeah, funny how it seems the majority of FE like banjo music.

My wife is Brazilian. Her dad was just visiting. Appears the eleven million belieFEers can still be considered an extremely minor inconvenience, if even that. Bigger fish to fry first.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 09:30:56 AM by rvlvr »

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2020, 09:47:02 AM »

You mean outter ring.
Your map is north pole centric with an outter southern ring.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2020, 03:12:48 PM »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/nov/06/brazil-flat-earth-conference-terra-plana
And is the number "believing" something to be true any evidence that it is true?

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2020, 09:05:00 PM »

You mean outter ring.
I dont think people in the northern side should be naming things in the southern side. It's hemisphere appropriation, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
As some one from the south I will decide what it's called.
It's called the "southern waterabout" because there is so much ocean this side.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2020, 09:17:56 PM »

You mean outter ring.
I dont think people in the northern side should be naming things in the southern side. It's hemisphere appropriation, and you should be ashamed of yourself.
As some one from the south I will decide what it's called.
It's called the "southern waterabout" because there is so much ocean this side.
This whole flat-Earth thing could be largely blame on Samuel Birley Rowbotham's pathetic ignorance of the Southern Hemisphere.
Of course his ignorance and incompetence on other matters came into it too.

So let those Northern Hemiplanites keep their tortilla World and we'll keep our nicely rounded waterworld.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2020, 12:37:54 AM »

You mean outter ring.

This is how I say the matter more clearly. What means northern semicircle and southern semicircle can be easily understandable if you know the flat earthers.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2020, 12:39:15 AM »

They have trolled you Mister. There isn't anywhere as southern hemisphere! This is their imagination. Or you are sharing their imagination, really?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2020, 01:47:23 AM »

They have trolled you Mister. There isn't anywhere as southern hemisphere!
Except for much of South America, the parts of Africa and Indonesia south of the Equator, almost all of New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, the South Pacific islands, various other islands and Antarctica.

And over 800 million people live in the Southern Hemisphere.

You can live on your Bazlama shaped Northern Hemiplane if you like and I'll live on my Southern Hemisphere:

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2020, 02:49:06 AM »
Hemisphere:

Until there is a flat earther on this Forum who is prepared to argue the southern hemisphere is a hemisphlat, I say this should be the official Flat Earth But Only in the North map.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2020, 03:14:03 AM »
Until there is a flat earther on this Forum who is prepared to argue the southern hemisphere is a hemisphlat, I say this should be the official Flat Earth But Only in the North map.
That picture was entitled Checkmate Everyone but I didn't like rubbing it into Wise too much.

And I've just the map for those Northern Hemiplanites:

Azimuthal Map Northern Hemiplane

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2020, 07:24:59 AM »
Do you come from a land right outer?
Where everyone is a flat earth doubter?
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2020, 08:58:40 AM »

Okay I'm from 52 degrees north, but I was feeling left out, I'll go now.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2020, 09:34:04 AM »
Yeah, funny how it seems the majority of FE like banjo music.

My wife is Brazilian. Her dad was just visiting. Appears the eleven million belieFEers can still be considered an extremely minor inconvenience, if even that. Bigger fish to fry first.
Do you have any evidence that you are even married?
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2020, 10:26:01 AM »
And is the number "believing" something to be true any evidence that it is true?
The OP explicitly asks about FE presence in the southern hemisphere.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2020, 11:58:39 AM »
Not super scientific, perhaps just an indication of interest as google claims. Here's the Google Trends view:

Google search term: flat earth
Duration: Over the past 12 months
Gray I think means no data. The lighter the shade of blue, the less the "Interest"

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2020, 05:57:09 PM »
Hold your horses everybody! Let's get this perfectly clear before we go any further...

With a North pole centric flat earth map, we are not talking about the sphere shape, and any references to a sphere is grossly misleading. There is no Northern or Southern hemisphere on a flat disc.

Likewise, the terms semi-circle or hemi circle, are both grossly inadequate in defining the Earth shape North of the flat earth equator and South of flat earth equator. As, that in the North is a perfect circle, while that in the South, a perfect ring.

Everything North of the equator being encompassed within it's own circle, becomes : The Northern Circle.

While everything South of the equator is within a ring shape, bounded by two concentric circles. An annulus.

Thus the formerly known Southern hemisphere becomes simply the:     

The Southern Annulus.

The Northern Circle
The Southern Annulus / Southern ring

** Trust Rabinoz to live in a region of Earth with so many references to being anal.  :-*

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 06:00:18 PM by Sunset »

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2020, 06:19:17 PM »
Hold your horses everybody! Let's get this perfectly clear before we go any further...

With a North pole centric flat earth map, we are not talking about the sphere shape, and any references to a sphere is grossly misleading. There is no Northern or Southern hemisphere on a flat disc.

Likewise, the terms semi-circle or hemi circle, are both grossly inadequate in defining the Earth shape North of the flat earth equator and South of flat earth equator. As, that in the North is a perfect circle, while that in the South, a perfect ring.

Everything North of the equator being encompassed within it's own circle, becomes : The Northern Circle.

While everything South of the equator is within a ring shape, bounded by two concentric circles. An annulus.

Thus the formerly known Southern hemisphere becomes simply the:     

The Southern Annulus.

The Northern Circle
The Southern Annulus / Southern ring

** Trust Rabinoz to live in a region of Earth with so many references to being anal.  :-*
If you were paying attention you might have noted that MaNaeSWolf and I live in the Southerm Hemisphere ;D as in"
Hemisphere:

Until there is a flat earther on this Forum who is prepared to argue the southern hemisphere is a hemisphlat,
I say this should be the official Flat Earth But Only in the North map.