Veganism

• 815 Replies
Re: Veganism
« Reply #510 on: April 08, 2016, 05:23:23 PM »
Actually, I don't know, and I don't care whether other nations are right or wrong. Your argument about smoking versus eating meat is apples and oranges. Eating meat is not harmful. Smoking is. Take it from a former smoker.

Whoever said I didn't believe in some form of the Big Bang and/or evolution, Shit-for-Brains?

Actually your claims about Sinai not existing are bullshit, as is your claim about the numbers involved in the Exodus. As far as Jesus goes, that is another issue that I'll discuss at a later time.

The fact that you refer to the Torah as having been written by more than one individual, and the fact that you think it imagines G-d as a bearded man, simply means that you have never read it. There are anthropomorphisms, yes. But no Jew, least of all Moses, ever took those literally.

Earthquakes exist as a necessary part of the natural order, Dumbshit.

Scripture is a text of history. Being proven every day. Calling it mythology just makes you look like the Shit-for-Brains you have already demonstrated yourself to be.

And your point? Most people knew the animals that were not edible, Shit-for-Brains. And I would almost bet money that the animals listed in your citation are non-kosher.

Actually, Shit-for-Brains, drinking in moderation has some health benefit. Cigarettes in any amount are stupid. Meat in moderation has benefit.

How does the fact that he talked about treating animals kindly indicate that Gandhi talked to them, Shit-for-Brains?

« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 05:30:22 PM by Yaakov ben Avraham »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #511 on: April 09, 2016, 12:35:58 AM »
From the Idiotic OP:

I am a FE-er, and I am also a vegan.

From the same Idiot's last post:

You know what? I will also admit that in real life I am not vegan, but a vegetarian

Note that the Idiot is also no longer even a Flat Earther.

Conclude that the Idiot is a worthless waste of time.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

« Reply #512 on: April 09, 2016, 04:19:24 AM »
Yes, it does appear that said Retarded Dumb Bastard is inconsistent and stupid. And stupid people should be enslaved. To serve the Greater Good.

?

tappet

« Reply #513 on: April 11, 2016, 01:37:39 PM »
Eating meat is not harmful. Smoking is.
Smoking is not harmful, just take the fiberglass filter off. People who smoke unfiltered seem to live a long time.

?

palmerito0

• Why does this forum exist?
« Reply #514 on: April 11, 2016, 01:39:16 PM »
Source?

Or am I not getting a joke?
Heiwa on the impossibility of space travel:

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

?

tappet

« Reply #515 on: April 11, 2016, 11:13:42 PM »
Source?

Joke? The joke is on you.

?

palmerito0

« Reply #516 on: April 12, 2016, 10:23:14 AM »
Source?

Joke? The joke is on you.
What joke?

There are no toilets up there and sex is also a problem, just to mention a few difficulties.

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

?

tappet

« Reply #517 on: April 12, 2016, 01:07:24 PM »

?

palmerito0

« Reply #518 on: April 12, 2016, 03:15:45 PM »

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

?

tappet

« Reply #519 on: April 12, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #520 on: April 18, 2016, 12:08:19 PM »
Actually, I don't know, and I don't care whether other nations are right or wrong.
Yet you care enough about forcing your beliefs upon animals by eating them, right?
Eating meat is not harmful.
It's a scientific consensus that it is. If you claim it's not, you have to prove that.
Whoever said I didn't believe in some form of the Big Bang and/or evolution, Shit-for-Brains?
Well, you said that one who denies the creator is certainly wrong. That would be if it's necessary. And if evolution and the Big Bang are at least possible, then creator is not necessary, right?
Actually your claims about Sinai not existing are bullshit, as is your claim about the numbers involved in the Exodus.
These are not my claims, these are claims by countless archaeologists who actually did the research.
The fact that you refer to the Torah as having been written by more than one individual, and the fact that you think it imagines G-d as a bearded man, simply means that you have never read it. There are anthropomorphisms, yes. But no Jew, least of all Moses, ever took those literally.
According to rabbinic tradition, all of the teachings found in the Torah, both written and oral, were given by God through Moses, a prophet, some of them at Mount Sinai and others at the Tabernacle, and all the teachings were written down by Moses, which resulted in the Torah we have today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torah
Earthquakes exist as a necessary part of the natural order, Dumbshit.
If there was an omnipotent god, they wouldn't be necessary. He could do exactly what they do without causing any suffering.
And your point? Most people knew the animals that were not edible, Shit-for-Brains. And I would almost bet money that the animals listed in your citation are non-kosher.
A quick search on Wikipedia tells me that the only criterium you have is that a fish has scales and fins. Well, a weeverfish has scales and fins and it's still poisonous. And even if that rules were reliable, that doesn't mean that they had been told us by God.
Actually, Shit-for-Brains, drinking in moderation has some health benefit. Cigarettes in any amount are stupid. Meat in moderation has benefit.
You saying so doesn't make it so. Show us some peer reviewed studies. It's a known fact that what you are saying isn't true.
How does the fact that he talked about treating animals kindly indicate that Gandhi talked to them, Shit-for-Brains?
Who said he was talking to them? He said, just like I did, that they can be considered experts in determining how ethical a society is.

Like I've said, I never was a vegan IRL, I was convinced to be a vegetarian by the vegan bloggers. I thought that other people on this forum would be convinced by what they say, so I was repeating them, but, as I can see now (by your reactions), all I was doing was being insulting.
But, let's not be so negative, there were some very funny things, like these:
Wow! I must say I expected to see this argument sooner.
First of all, plants you eat don't try to defend themselves.
Yes they do! Havent you ever heard of nettles, or roses?
I mean, nobody eats nettles or roses, right?
Well that was akward. And, speak for yourself, nerd (ITS A QUOTE, PEOPLE, DONT GET FUCKING OFFENDED FOR A JOKE). Nettle soup is quite the delicacy where I live. And what about thistle soup? Or chestnuts? And almonds, nuts, etc, whose peels are LETHAL, to the point people used them to fish throwing a bag of them at the river and waiting for the fish to die.
What would one do with all that meat if not eat it?
Hey, do you have a bright idea of how stupid you sound? You are talking to a vegan and call animals meat!
If you are going to deny that a well known ritual occurs, then yes, the burden of proof is on you. If I were to deny that Catholics practice Baptism, I would have to prove that. The fact that you are stupid and know nothing about Islam is not my problem.
Dragons are real! They fly to Utopia every year on 31st February and dance with people there. And that is a very important ritual there. Have I convinced you?
Well, to me, tradition doesn't mean anything. So doesn't what most of people think. After all, I am a FE-er.
Ah, that made NO sense. The fact is, there are 613 Commandments of the Law, and not ONE of them reqires me to be a Vegan. Ergo, WHY should I subject myself to that?
Anti-Semitic, neo-Nazi asshole. Note that 1 billion Muslims also circumcise, but they wait til the age of 13, as opposed to 8 days, when we do it. And many Gentile non-Muslim boys in America have it done at birth for cleanliness purposes.
Sounds like you are trying real hard to justify genital mutilation.
Well, I thought -podes and -podas were both Gk endings.
I know there are no endings -podes and -podas in Latin. I was claiming that the plural would be octopod+-es or octopod+-a (octopod being the stem).
Also, you can't both be a FE-er and use science to justify any of your beliefs. And that's exactly what you do now. That's why nobody trusts you. Try and be consistent and you might convince some people.
I suspect their bodies have different nutritional needs than mine, since they are not human, and since they are herbiverous. And they probably don't need VB12. Dumbass.
Don't just suspect, do some research on, let's say, Wikipedia.
EDIT:
Oh, sorry, I forgot you are against Wikipedia. Well, you don't need to do any research at all.
If those animals didn't need Vitamin B12, they wouldn't have it in their bodies, right?
Vegan bacon! That's all it would take to convince me!
Google it!
I'll stomp you every time.
No matter how many arguments you refute, I'll always come up with even more arguments for killing people of other nations.
I don't think I should feel guilty, I had good intentions.
It's probably true that plant-based milk, honey and egg substitutes are healthier than milk, honey and eggs themselves. However, those substitutes, as far as I know, aren't so easily available in Croatia. And since milk, eggs and honey have great nutritional value themselves, it's probably better for me to consume them.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:34:17 AM by FlatEarthDenial »
A former Flat Earther.
This is my story, which I'd encourage every Flat Earther to read:
https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=67051.0

« Reply #521 on: April 18, 2016, 02:16:38 PM »
Again, Shit for Brains, animals DO NOT have the same rights as people. There is NO scientific consensus that eating meat in rational amounts will harm you. The Big Bang & Evolution BOTH require a Cause, Shit for Brains. There are countless archaeologists arguing about Sinai to this day. NO consensus has been reached. The Mountain exists. But which of three it could be is a debate. Your quote re: Rabbinic tradition has NOTHING to do w/ the topic. You just confirmed my own belief, Shit for Brains. AND WIKIPEDIA IS NOT A VALID SOURCE. W/O suffering, theodicy could not be demonstrated, Shit for Brains. Maybe in Croatia cigarettes are good for you. But elsewhere they are not. & the health benefits of alcohol & meat, both in moderation, are widely known. If people in Croatia are unlike the rest of the world that is not my problem. I have studied Gandhi. He never said an animal was expert @ anything, Shit for Brains. The fact that you never were a vegan but claimed to be means that you are a lying sack of shit.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #522 on: April 18, 2016, 03:26:36 PM »
Wait... FE is totally scientific!  >:(
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

palmerito0

« Reply #523 on: April 18, 2016, 06:25:33 PM »

WHEEEEEEEEEEE

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #524 on: April 19, 2016, 06:03:49 AM »
I'll not be watching your globularist propaganda videos!  >:(
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #525 on: April 22, 2016, 04:51:45 AM »
It's true that many current fishing strategies are horrific for the environment
And any is horrific for the fish who has to be killed to be eaten.
Again, Shit for Brains, animals DO NOT have the same rights as people.
That's just a meaningless phrase. Slaves also didn't have the same rights as "people". Children also don't have the same rights as "people".
There is NO scientific consensus that eating meat in rational amounts will harm you.
And rational amount is zero.
The Big Bang & Evolution BOTH require a Cause, Shit for Brains.
Don't you think I know about the cosmological argument and why it is wrong? Seriously, who created God? And how does your answer to that make any sense?
There are countless archaeologists arguing about Sinai to this day. NO consensus has been reached. The Mountain exists. But which of three it could be is a debate.
It's not a debate about archaeology, it's a debate about the correct interpretation of Torah. And if Torah were truly inspired by God, there wouldn't be such debates, because God would know how to make himself clear.
And the scientific evidence against the Exodus is overwhelming. Just look at this:
https://books.google.hr/books?id=0QHHITXsyskC&pg=PA5&redir_esc=y#v=onepage&q&f=false
Rabbinic tradition has NOTHING to do w/ the topic.
I thought you were one saying that tradition is a valid source.
W/O suffering, theodicy could not be demonstrated, Shit for Brains.
Imagine if someone said: "If I don't murder you, others wouldn't know to value not being murdered." Would that make any sense? That's basically what you are putting in God's mouth, right?
Maybe in Croatia cigarettes are good for you. But elsewhere they are not. & the health benefits of alcohol & meat, both in moderation, are widely known.
They are widely known myths made up by the lazy addicted people to justify their behavior. Maybe the myths about cigarettes being good for you aren't well-known in America, but they are known and believed in in Croatia.
If people in Croatia are unlike the rest of the world that is not my problem.
See, that's the problem, they aren't. They only apparently believe in more unscientific myths about medicine.
I have studied Gandhi. He never said an animal was expert @ anything, Shit for Brains.
Haven't I quoted him saying that? OK, I will do it once again.
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.
http://www.mkgandhi.org/ebks/moralbasis_vegetarianism.pdf
The fact that you never were a vegan but claimed to be means that you are a lying sack of shit.
So what? I lied to make people stop abusing animals, and you are probably lying about being a great philosopher just to make people continue abusing animals.
Wait... FE is totally scientific!
Trust me, as someone who used to be a FE-er, it's not. That's not the way the knowledge works and certainly not the way science works. Flat Earth Theory is just a bunch of, often contradictory, ad-hoc hypotheses. It sounds scientific, but not only it's not based on evidence, it doesn't make any sense once you analyze it. Say, for instance, your explanation of the horizon being curved on the high-altitude photographs. Put it in a different context, like: "If you put a camera exactly bellow a lightbulb, it can't see anything that isn't illuminated by that lightbulb." See, it makes no sense. If it made any sense, it wouldn't be called pseudo-science. Look, it's probably impossible for any single observation to disprove the Flat Earth, but it's also probably impossible to make a coherent Flat Earth Theory. Say for instance your explanations for the ships disappearing bottom first. One with the perspective explains why ships disappear bottom first, but doesn't explain why do ships reappear when you move to a higher altitude. On the other hand, one with the electromagnetic accelerator bending the light upwards explains it, yet at the same time predicts that the ships should disappear top first. And some of your explanations make sense when written, but are obviously false when you try and draw a diagram. Say for instance, the explanation that ships disappear bottom first because of the waves. It makes sense when you read it, but once you draw a diagram, you see that waves, being bellow your eye level, can't hide the top of the ship at all, being above your eye level. And all of the arguments for the FET can be reduced to "I don't know, therefore conspiracy!". I mean, look, the most sensical explanation is always one involving RE. Imagine you sit on a board. Would the edge of a board seem to be rising with you as you stand up? No. Yet, once you assume RE, you can use basic trigonometry to calculate the angle at which you see the horizon from a certain height. It will always be very close to your eye level. And, as far as I know now, the same goes for other "evidence" of the Flat Earth. And any explanation involving conspiracies is extremely unlikely. Look, the largest conspiracy ever discovered was Operation Snow White, involving around 5000, mostly uneducated, people. The number of people working in space agencies is by the order of magnitudes greater. If you think that something you see contradicts some fact in science, that means you have misinterpreted either what you saw or what the science actually says. Besides, being a conspiracy theorist kind of destroys your life. I mean, then you start to doubt that people you know can accomplish anything and start thinking they are also liars. Also, you start thinking that you actually can't accomplish anything. It made me, well, feel very bad. I don't know what would have happened if I hadn't stopped being a conspiracy theorist.

But I can't blame you for anything you believe. After all, just a few weeks ago, I used to believe totally crazy things myself.
A former Flat Earther.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #526 on: April 22, 2016, 07:05:46 AM »
I admire your ability to withstand being called "shit for brains" over and over, but this round earth insolence needs to stop and needs to stop right now, you are making a mockery of this website with your behavior. You are a complete disgrace.

Vegans are in league with the penguin menace, IMO!

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #527 on: April 22, 2016, 07:37:39 AM »
I admire your ability to withstand being called "shit for brains" over and over
Well, I used to claim that a human being can't learn rocket science and asserted massive conspiracies. That's way more insulting, right?
but this round earth insolence needs to stop and needs to stop right now, you are making a mockery of this website with your behavior. You are a complete disgrace.
And what's even more insulting is rejecting my arguments with such a dishonest rhetoric, right? At least I wasn't doing that.
Vegans are in league with the penguin menace, IMO!
So, what? The entire world is going to go vegan one day. The injustice has to disappear. And people being able to demand the slaughter of thousands of innocent sentient animals in their lifetime is injustice. Us being able to keep countless animals in small cages just to consume eggs, honey and milk can also be considered injustice, but, if we don't do it, all of those animals are going to be killed, which is even worse.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 07:52:52 AM by FlatEarthDenial »
A former Flat Earther.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #528 on: April 22, 2016, 09:36:41 AM »
You seem like a nice person, so I will stop teasing you. "This insolence needs to stop" is an old FES joke.

(The penguins guard the ice wall, and they are dangerous! I think they've been genetically modified to carry weapons. )

I don't know if humans will ever stop eating meat, but I agree that the way we produce meat is inhumane and unsustainable. Humans consume more meat than is required for good nutrition, but for some people it is the cheapest way to eat. Plus, we've been conditioned to think we need all this meat. What we really need to eat are seeds! Like beans, beans are magic vegetables.

What do you think of Michael Pollan?  "Eat food, not too much, mostly plants."  I think he wishes people would be vegan, but realizes that we have to be weaned off meat, and processed foods. He's given some interesting talks https://www.ted.com/talks/michael_pollan_gives_a_plant_s_eye_view?language=en#t-19561

« Reply #529 on: April 22, 2016, 10:19:07 AM »
How is anything horrific for a fish, and who cares? Your opinion about said fish is irrelevant, Shit for Brains. Slaves and children are people, Shit for Brains. Animals are not. Therein lies the difference. Re: a rational amount of meat to be eaten being 0, medical and scientific authorities think you are an idiot.

Who made G-d? Seriously? Are you going to ask a preschool question like that?! What are you, a retard? And no, the arguments against the Exodus are not overwhelming. They are bullshit. In 2014, 41 years after the 1973 War, they found an Israeli Army Jeep in the Sinai Peninsula buried under 50 feet of dirt and sand. You read it right.FIFTY FEET. After only 41 years. If that can happen after only 41 years, what can happen after 3000? They will be lucky to ever find anything! I would recommend you think before you open your yap, Shit for Brains.

Do you even know what theodicy is?

Re: the health benefits of alcohol and meat use in small amounts, medical and scientific authorities think you are an idiot, Shit for Brains.

Rabbinic tradition is a valid argument unless it has nothing to do with the topic, idiot..

What Gandhi said is NOT a claim that animals are expert at anything. You ARE stupid.

I have a degree in Philosophy. You are a lying sack of shit.

The whole world going vegan? Not as long as assholes like you are arguing for it!

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #530 on: April 22, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »
Yaakov, why are you so angry at the vegan?

FlatEarthDenial

• FE is anti-science.
« Reply #531 on: April 22, 2016, 12:10:44 PM »
How is anything horrific for a fish, and who cares? Your opinion about said fish is irrelevant, Shit for Brains. Slaves and children are people, Shit for Brains. Animals are not.
So, what's your definition of people? I mean, slaves weren't, at the time, regarded as "people". Some time ago, women weren't regarded as either.
Therein lies the difference. Re: a rational amount of meat to be eaten being 0, medical and scientific authorities think you are an idiot.
Ask any doctor if you should start drinking alcohol. What do you think he is going to tell you?
Who made G-d? Seriously? Are you going to ask a preschool question like that?! What are you, a retard?
What? If everything, as you say it, needs a cause, why wouldn't God need a cause?
And no, the arguments against the Exodus are not overwhelming. They are bullshit. In 2014, 41 years after the 1973 War, they found an Israeli Army Jeep in the Sinai Peninsula buried under 50 feet of dirt and sand. You read it right.FIFTY FEET. After only 41 years. If that can happen after only 41 years, what can happen after 3000? They will be lucky to ever find anything! I would recommend you think before you open your yap, Shit for Brains.
What are you talking about? Pyramids are way older than exodus, yet have been found. Besides, what about the arguments from linguistics, from Egyptian writings..? Have you even read the text I've linked to?
Do you even know what theodicy is?
Basically some nonsensical explanation of how can suffering exist if there is a god.
Re: the health benefits of alcohol and meat use in small amounts, medical and scientific authorities think you are an idiot, Shit for Brains.
Again, ask any doctor if you should start drinking alcohol. What do you think he will tell you?
Rabbinic tradition is a valid argument unless it has nothing to do with the topic, idiot..
OK, now you are just being ridiculous!
What Gandhi said is NOT a claim that animals are expert at anything. You ARE stupid
Again. You just hope that nobody is going to look what's written a few posts ago, right?
I have a degree in Philosophy. You are a lying sack of shit
Probably not. Or maybe you are using sophisms in hope that everyone is a moron.
The whole world going vegan? Not as long as assholes like you are arguing for it!
I am pretty sure that most of the people arguing for the liberation of slaves were assholes eating meat.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 12:28:48 PM by FlatEarthDenial »
A former Flat Earther.

« Reply #532 on: April 22, 2016, 12:12:49 PM »
How is anything horrific for a fish, and who cares? Your opinion about said fish is irrelevant, Shit for Brains. Slaves and children are people, Shit for Brains. Animals are not.

Oh really? Can you provide a compelling proof for that? Because I have been thinking about this specific problem a bit, and I have not come ot any satisfying conclusion. All personhood theories seem to include some amount or arbitrary "seems similar enough to me" thinking.

If I grew up thinking Europeans were subhumans who somehow diluted their pure ebony skin by interbreeding with vile creatures, why would I consider them more like people than, say, my dog, with whom I have a close emotional bond?
If I did consider them higher than ordinary animals because of their ability to communicate, why would I draw the line between animal and man just below them, rather than just above them?

It seems to me what we consider "people" and what we consider "things" is mostly an emotional distinction, rather than a rational one.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #533 on: April 22, 2016, 01:05:24 PM »
Why do you continue to feed the Yaakov?

« Reply #534 on: April 22, 2016, 01:21:17 PM »
Stupid people truly do NOT deserve to live. How is a fucking cow a person? Ask any doctor about alcohol and he will tell you exactly what I said, Shit for Brains. The pyramids are also fucking huge. You can bury a city. Look at Akhenaten. Nobody believed in him for the longest time. Much easier to bury cities than pyramids, idiot. Your link is one person's opinion. I have seen several more that contradict it. Shit for Brains.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #535 on: April 22, 2016, 01:25:30 PM »
Cows are delicious people.

« Reply #536 on: April 22, 2016, 09:16:54 PM »
Keep in mind also that the Pyramids have been maintained by an interested population.. Some of them were in fact known to disappear into the sands of time, and be found later, namely, the smaller ones. But the larger ones have been so impressive that they have been maintained. Again, before you make an ass out of yourself, I would recommend knowing wtf I was talking about before opening my yap, Shit for Brains.

MrDebunk

• Chaotic good
« Reply #537 on: April 22, 2016, 11:06:14 PM »
Honestly I have no problems with vegans. There are many foods other than meat that you can eat. But, be careful, because a rare breed of vegans are toxic and think they are better than everyone, like that lady who said that everyone who is not vegan deserves to die.
M R D E B U N K (the reboot)

Quote from: totallackofintelligence
You sound like shill.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #538 on: April 23, 2016, 08:57:46 AM »
Honestly I have no problems with vegans. There are many foods other than meat that you can eat. But, be careful, because a rare breed of vegans are toxic and think they are better than everyone, like that lady who said that everyone who is not vegan deserves to die.

Beware tumblr vegans, IMO!

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #539 on: April 23, 2016, 10:57:37 AM »
Stupid people truly do NOT deserve to live.

You are such a bloody fascist!

We need stupid people. But they become dangerous, when they start to THINK. Thinking stupid people are still stupid people, thinking stupid things.

How do you plan to have fun, putting your statement into practice?