Undeniable Proof

• 75 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Undeniable Proof
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2013, 05:16:55 AM »
On a round Earth, why the hell should water curve. I mean it's silly when you think about it.
Go and put a dent in a ping pong ball and fill the dent with water. The water will simply level off, (flat) and any excess poured in would simple cascade down the ping pong ball and off the bottom.

The only way it would go round and stay on is if it was immediately frozen as it moved.
Why?
It's this thing called gravity.
A ping-pong ball does not have enough gravity to hold the water on its surface.
Earth, however, has a much larger amount of mass, so it has much more gravity than a ping-pong ball, and can hold water on its surface.
If gravity could hold water so well, why does it rise into the air. Gravity as we are told, doesn't exist. To me, it's simply just the weight of an object on a flat earth that doesn't move at all through space, regardless of some theories on that.
Do I know this for certain?
No, of course I don't but I think logical and more simpler.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2013, 05:20:50 AM »
What if instead of a ship sailing to the end of the earth a plane flies there and over the mountains then off the world and instantly seeing the end of the world and then die. Yeah, right. Seriously you get to the end of the world if it was flat ,but its not, its spherical.
No plane or boat or anything will be sailing or flying off of the end of the world because the circle of ice is a lot wider than people think, in my opinion of course.
The rim that is Antarctica, could be hundreds of thousands of miles wide around the edge which no man nor craft can breach.
In truth, there's no real possibility of knowing. It's a lot of guess work.

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2013, 05:23:13 AM »
On a round Earth, why the hell should water curve. I mean it's silly when you think about it.
Go and put a dent in a ping pong ball and fill the dent with water. The water will simply level off, (flat) and any excess poured in would simple cascade down the ping pong ball and off the bottom.

The only way it would go round and stay on is if it was immediately frozen as it moved.
Why?
Earth, however, has a much larger amount of mass, so it has much more gravity than a ping-pong ball, and can hold water on its surface.
If gravity could hold water so well, why does it rise into the air. Gravity as we are told, doesn't exist. To me, it's simply just the weight of an object on a flat earth that doesn't move at all through space, regardless of some theories on that.

Hi Sceptimatic, did you have a good weekend?

Got to say this is one of your best posts!  ;D

Let's start with what do you think is weight and does it differ from mass?
I'd like to agree with you but then we'd both be wrong!

« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2013, 06:52:42 PM »
What if instead of a ship sailing to the end of the earth a plane flies there and over the mountains then off the world and instantly seeing the end of the world and then die. Yeah, right. Seriously you get to the end of the world if it was flat ,but its not, its spherical.
No plane or boat or anything will be sailing or flying off of the end of the world because the circle of ice is a lot wider than people think, in my opinion of course.
The rim that is Antarctica, could be hundreds of thousands of miles wide around the edge which no man nor craft can breach.

Well lets assume we could get through and eventually we will if the end exists. So whats at the end? space or the other end of antartica. and besides if there was a wall then how come its never been seen. to prove it you need photographic evidence of the flat earth. we already have evidence of round earth so post your proof.

« Reply #64 on: March 12, 2013, 06:47:25 AM »

Why?
No, of course I don't but I think logical and more simpler..

Do you have no knowledge of chemistry at all? if you had taken 8th grade science you would of known that when water turns into a gas it becomes lighter than air so it tends to float above it, why? When water turns into gas, the molecules become lighter than air, water(H2O) in a gas state becomes lighter than oxygen(O) because water is a polar covalent bond, meaning it can pass through other molecules easily, and since the air we breathe(O2) is never pure because it mixes with all the other chemicals in the air, the 2nd lightest combination of oxygen always rises above the other combination of oxygen which is what we see as steam which then is formed into clouds.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #65 on: March 12, 2013, 10:55:42 AM »

Why?

Do you have no knowledge of chemistry at all? if you had taken 8th grade science you would of known that when water turns into a gas it becomes lighter than air so it tends to float above it, why? When water turns into gas, the molecules become lighter than air, water(H2O) in a gas state becomes lighter than oxygen(O) because water is a polar covalent bond, meaning it can pass through other molecules easily, and since the air we breathe(O2) is never pure because it mixes with all the other chemicals in the air, the 2nd lightest combination of oxygen always rises above the other combination of oxygen which is what we see as steam which then is formed into clouds.

The floating described above would be a combination of convection, Brownian Motion and perhaps Strong Force interaction.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #66 on: March 12, 2013, 11:25:18 AM »

Why?

Hi Sceptimatic, did you have a good weekend?

Got to say this is one of your best posts!  ;D

Let's start with what do you think is weight and does it differ from mass?
In simplistic terms, weight and mass are the same. In scientific terms they are different in terms of size and density.

For instance, we can look at wind resistance between two equal weights, one of which is a 8 foot x 4 foot ply board sheet and a small cannon ball weighing the same.

Now going by the scientists view , the ball has more mass in it's size as opposed to the sheet.
To be totally honest, mass and weight are basically the same, it all just comes down to the way science likes to make things a little more complicated to fit things into their science.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2013, 11:28:32 AM »

Well lets assume we could get through and eventually we will if the end exists. So whats at the end? space or the other end of antartica. and besides if there was a wall then how come its never been seen. to prove it you need photographic evidence of the flat earth. we already have evidence of round earth so post your proof.
You post "your" evidence of the round earth with a picture that "you" took first, just so we can be clear that we are on a round earth.
I don't want to see NASA pics, just yours or your friends or someone you know that's taken a picture of the round earth.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2013, 11:29:59 AM »

Why?

I was talking about the fake gravity not the air.

« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2013, 11:32:36 AM »
Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in something. Weight is a measure of the force gravity exerts on a given object.

Because the force of gravity on all objects on earth is roughly the same (there is slight variation), weight and mass can be easily converted and used almost interchangeably.

But they are not the same. The weight of someone on the moon is different than their weight on the earth. But their mass is the same.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2013, 12:01:27 PM »
Mass is a measure of the amount of matter in something. Weight is a measure of the force gravity exerts on a given object.

Because the force of gravity on all objects on earth is roughly the same (there is slight variation), weight and mass can be easily converted and used almost interchangeably.

But they are not the same. The weight of someone on the moon is different than their weight on the earth. But their mass is the same.
I've just basically said that.

« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »

And it was well said. I merely felt that my particular spin on the explanation could provide additional clarity to the subject. I do like to contribute.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »

And it was well said. I merely felt that my particular spin on the explanation could provide additional clarity to the subject. I do like to contribute.
Fair enough. No problem here. The more contributions, the merrier I say regardless of who agrees or disagrees with topics at hand.
We are all learning, even if we won't budge in our stances. It all gives food for thought.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #73 on: March 12, 2013, 06:27:46 PM »
In simplistic terms, weight and mass are the same. In scientific terms they are different in terms of size and density.
Although mass and weight are generally used interchangeably because they are pretty much the same value on earth (give or take minor variations in the local values of the earth's gravity), they are different concepts and should not be confused.  Mass is the measure of how much of something there is.  Weight is mass under the influence of gravity.  Density is the ratio of mass per unit of volume. 

For instance, we can look at wind resistance between two equal weights, one of which is a 8 foot x 4 foot ply board sheet and a small cannon ball weighing the same.

Now going by the scientists view , the ball has more mass in it's size as opposed to the sheet.
No.  Mass has nothing to do with surface area.  The cannon ball will be more dense, however, because it has the same amount of mass in a smaller volume.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2013, 06:29:13 AM »

Why?

I was talking about the fake gravity not the air.

i was talking about the weight of the air we breath compared to water in a gas state, gravity is the force exerted on the mass of an object, if you didn't know, air has weight too.

« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2013, 06:53:10 PM »

You post "your" evidence of the round earth with a picture that "you" took first, just so we can be clear that we are on a round earth.
I don't want to see NASA pics, just yours or your friends or someone you know that's taken a picture of the round earth.

You haven't even got one realistic picture of the flat earth not even a fake one and of course no real ones and besides if the there was an end to the world then how could it not be found people have travelled to the center of antartica before and its just ice and snow and guess what they come the other side of antartica. Oh and if gravity didnt exist then when i jump why do i continue going on forever then.