Poll

What is your education and belief?

I believe the flat earth is actually a sphere. I've graduated of university or high school.
I believe the flat earth is actually a sphere. I have a mastery, doctora or more educated degree.
I believe the flat earth is actually a sphere. I've graduated of primary school or kindergarten
I believe the flat earth is what it as like itself, flat. I've graduated of university.
I believe the flat earth is what it as like itself, flat. I have a mastery, doctora or more educated degree.
Another shape.

What is your education depends on your belief of the shape of the flat earth?

• 141 Replies

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
We can discuss the results.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

JackBlack

Your options are quite dishonest.
Firstly, no one thinks Earth is a sphere, at least not a perfect one.
But more importantly, I accept that Earth is what it is, ROUND!
The only thing I think about the flat Earth is that it doesn't exist in reality and is fundamentally incompatible with reality. The real Earth, the real round Earth is round.

Most people with a university degree will have passed primary school.
Those with a higher degree will have a basic degree.
The others are more an issue of country.
In my country there is kindergarten. But not college. Instead we have high school.

An atheist doesn't necessarily believe in nothing. They just don't accept the nonsense claims of a god existing.

Also, I notice you left out the most likely option for FEers, FEers that failed high school (or maybe even kindergarten).

Anyway, what is there to debate?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Any comments?
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
Any comments?

You're not very bright. Dim, in fact. Perhaps 'dimwitted'. As they used to say, trying to be kind.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Any comments?

I am not very bright. Dim, in fact. Perhaps 'dimwitted'. As they used to say, trying to be kind.

Corrected.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

Any comments?
Yes, perhaps you can try reading them.

Like I said, what is the point of debate here?

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
As far as I see, there isn't anybody wondered why options of re'rs are more than fe'rs.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

As far as I see, there isn't anybody wondered why options of re'rs are more than fe'rs.
Then try opening your eyes.
It seems you wanted to exclude as many FEers as possible and only allow the allegedly smartest ones to pretend that FE is the opinion of the educated, even though basically all educated people realise Earth is round.

?

Spanky

• Earth is flat.
In fact, you just have to post that all educated people are flat Earthers, round Earthers are mainly uneducated abd believe in the con of NASA. You don't have to make such a poll here. You can make your point clear by doing so.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
As far as I see, Since there isn't any comment, I want to explain these statistics.

There isn't anything defined as "I have a mastery, doctora or more educated degree" for sphere earthers, because high educated people knows the true shape of the earth, ie flat earth.

And There isn't anything defined as  "I've graduated of either college, or primary school or kindergarten" for Flat earthers; because being flat earther needs high education. because its more than weak educated people's to understand.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
As far as I see, Since there isn't any comment, I want to explain these statistics.

There isn't anything defined as "I have a mastery, doctora or more educated degree" for sphere earthers, because high educated people knows the true shape of the earth, ie flat earth.

And There isn't anything defined as  "I've graduated of either college, or primary school or kindergarten" for Flat earthers; because being flat earther needs high education. because its more than weak educated people's to understand.

If you need to keep telling people that your smart. . . . then you most certainly are not.
You have some serious esteem issues, deal with that before attempting to break other people down.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

You seem to be saying that the level of education attained by an individual is directly linked to their level of intelligence. This is only partly true, as economic factors (amongst others) have a large impact on people's ability to go on to higher education.

Many flat earthers are of the opinion that the masses are indoctrinated into believing the earth is round, by the same education system that you are using to rank intelligence. Surely this would mean that the most intelligent people, by your measure, would be the most indoctrinated of all.  :-\

“Once, every village had an idiot. It took the internet to bring them all together.”

If you need to keep telling people that your smart. . . . then you most certainly are not.
You have some serious esteem issues, deal with that before attempting to break other people down.

Education? or Indoctrination?   Talent and intellect are the cheapest commodities in the human experience.  Education is over rated.   If one is dishonest, selfish and violent before they go to school then they will still be dishonest, selfish, and violent even after they get their degree.

Smart, well educated people cause more grief for the human race than the so called stupid.  It takes brains to tell effective lies.  It takes brains to devise secret agendas and maintain the plan through mendacious tactics.   Bundy, Manson, and Gacy, and many others, were all gifted intellects according to criminologists who studied them.  I would say that compared to some Bundy, Manson and Gacy were pikers at promoting evil in society. There is nothing in the world worse than a big brain coupled to a cold and cruel heart.

Education can not cure the ills of society.  People either have good will in their hearts or they don't and it matters not about their level of education.

I find it ironic that a bushman who has never read a book could survive in the wilds and even prosper when the most educated, civilized people would be nothing but food.

There is literally no evidence that shows where brainy people have better lives.
Ecclesiastes 2:15

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
We can discuss the results.
Why do all you polls lie?

Crutchwater

• Stop Indoctrinating me!
I'm indoctrinated.

Does that count?
I will always be Here To Laugh At You.

?

Spanky

• Earth is flat.

As a flat Earther, I definitely agree with this. All the round Earthers are uneducated, and all flat Earthers are masters. In such case, I suggest you include only two options, namely, I have never completed kindergarten and I believe in round Earth, and I am a master and I believe in flat Earth. Or you may simply say
Are you a flat Earther? Only masters are flat Earthers and only kindergarten failers are round Earthers.
Option 1 yes
Option 2 no
I hope my advice can help you improve your polls in the future.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence

Education? or Indoctrination?   Talent and intellect are the cheapest commodities in the human experience.  Education is over rated.   If one is dishonest, selfish and violent before they go to school then they will still be dishonest, selfish, and violent even after they get their degree.

Smart, well educated people cause more grief for the human race than the so called stupid.  It takes brains to tell effective lies.  It takes brains to devise secret agendas and maintain the plan through mendacious tactics.   Bundy, Manson, and Gacy, and many others, were all gifted intellects according to criminologists who studied them.  I would say that compared to some Bundy, Manson and Gacy were pikers at promoting evil in society. There is nothing in the world worse than a big brain coupled to a cold and cruel heart.

Education can not cure the ills of society.  People either have good will in their hearts or they don't and it matters not about their level of education.

I find it ironic that a bushman who has never read a book could survive in the wilds and even prosper when the most educated, civilized people would be nothing but food.

There is literally no evidence that shows where brainy people have better lives.

I would like to respond to this, especially that I come from a country with A) a population with a very low education and B) the place where actual Bushman still live.

Your first statement that being clever in whatever manner does not make you better or happier is 100% true.

However education does buy you certain luxuries. I live South Africa, which has a whole range of social issues, and although this is a vastly oversimplification of the issues we currently have. There is a VERY strong link between level of education with poverty and crime. As people become more educated, they have more tools at their disposal to navigate the world, this is often simply having more money. In South Africa an education DOES buy you a better life. It has real value.

Then there is the layer of "morals" that apply to each person individually. A stupid person can only create as much harm as what is around him, a highly intelligent person can create as much harm as he can imagine. Education does not do much to peoples empathy necessarily, however; you are much less likely to murder someone for their smart phone if you can buy your own.
If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

I'm indoctrinated.

Does that count?

We are all indoctrinated.  I define 'indoctrinated' as being coerced or duped into accepting certain beliefs without questioning them.   Civilization requires that citizens be indoctrinated.

Whether or not it counts in your case I will leave you to decide.

As for me:  Knowing what I know now I would have quit school at the first chance; I wouldn't have gone to college nor would I have joined the Army.  (military boot camp: a perfect example of indoctrination)  I wish I never would have listened to anybody in authority; not my parents, nor politicians, nor teachers, nor my military commanders nor the clergy nor anybody.  If not for Jesus I would have no respect for anybody nor anything in authority.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Why did you list college and university separately in the poll?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
Why did you list college and university separately in the poll?

Wrong knowledge. I meant high school with the college word. When you say now I've awared I meant high school. Ok. Thanks. I've corrected it after you say. Pay attention you've helped the wise and other members of the gang will be aware of your crime. How will you defend you about why did you help wise?  :o
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

JackBlack

Pure BS.
Ignorant fools who have failed kindergarten could easily be conned into a FE, because they don't understand things like relative frames.
Educated people realise FE is bullshit.

It is very easy to understand the only real "argument" for a FE.
"It looks flat and I'm too stupid to understand why a RE would."
That requires no education at all and education would help see straight through it.

You have also edited the options, because of how little you care about the truth.

JackBlack

If not for Jesus I would have no respect for anybody nor anything in authority.
Then you are immoral scum.

As for your prior post, while talent and intellect is cheap, being able to utilise them is not.
A decently educated stupid person can easily outperform an extremely intelligent person with no education in some circumstances.
The disparate between what an educated person can do vs a non-educated person is most extreme for technical fields, and least extreme for fields like art and religion.
A non-educated intelligent person can easily con non-educated people. It is much harder for them to con educated people. An educated, intelligent person can do slightly better, but not all that much.
So it is a lack of education which leads to people getting conned.

Meanwhile, without all the intelligent educated people of the past, you wouldn't be talking to us here on the internet. In fact, a large portion of the human population would starve to death as there wouldn't be enough food to feed them, nor would there be a way to transport that food, or keep it fresh.
Society owes a lot of what it is to intelligent, educated people.

Your bushman has been educated, just in a fundamentally different manner, and it would involve a similar level of "indoctrination".

If not for Jesus I would have no respect for anybody nor anything in authority.
Then you are immoral scum.

As for your prior post, while talent and intellect is cheap, being able to utilise them is not.
A decently educated stupid person can easily outperform an extremely intelligent person with no education in some circumstances.
The disparate between what an educated person can do vs a non-educated person is most extreme for technical fields, and least extreme for fields like art and religion.
A non-educated intelligent person can easily con non-educated people. It is much harder for them to con educated people. An educated, intelligent person can do slightly better, but not all that much.
So it is a lack of education which leads to people getting conned.

Meanwhile, without all the intelligent educated people of the past, you wouldn't be talking to us here on the internet. In fact, a large portion of the human population would starve to death as there wouldn't be enough food to feed them, nor would there be a way to transport that food, or keep it fresh.
Society owes a lot of what it is to intelligent, educated people.

Your bushman has been educated, just in a fundamentally different manner, and it would involve a similar level of "indoctrination".

You're wrong.   You are also extremely rude.    I stand by what I say and you are not the last word on anything.

JackBlack

You're wrong.   You are also extremely rude.    I stand by what I say and you are not the last word on anything.
Wow, very convincing, just asserting I'm wrong.

I'm not the one saying I wouldn't give a damn about anyone if an imaginary evil tyrant didn't tell me to.
No point complaining about people being rude once you have said that.

If you want to stand by what you said, why don't you start following it, and get off the internet which was created by intelligent educated people, as you seem to think it is so horrible?

Or try and back your childish garbage.

Wow, very convincing, just asserting I'm wrong.

I'm not the one saying I wouldn't give a damn about anyone if an imaginary evil tyrant didn't tell me to.
No point complaining about people being rude once you have said that.

If you want to stand by what you said, why don't you start following it, and get off the internet which was created by intelligent educated people, as you seem to think it is so horrible?

Or try and back your childish garbage.

I am just as convincing as you, Jack.   I don't buy any of the premises to any of your questions.  I think you are dishonest.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Now the pole is missing kindergarten for flatties and master/doctorate for non flatties.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

Education is overrated! I’ve heard some stupid statements, but that one of yours clearly takes the biscuit.

I imagine you live in a house.
If you go on holiday you may fly in an aircraft.
If you are sick you may be given drugs
If you have a child, it will be delivered by a midwife or doctor
If you buy a car it would h1ve been designed by an automotive designer
The computer you typed your nonesense on ......how do you think it came into being?
The internet, do you think that was created by a couple of uneducated  dimwits?
The roads you drive on
The bridges you use to cross rivers, all the ‘stuff’ of modern life......do you think the list above was made possible by uneducated dullards, or people who went through a system of education that provided them with the knowledge and skills to do their job?

What do you think?

In my opinion some of the posts on this thread show just how out of touch with reality some people are.

I would like to see how these people would cope if they only had other foolish uneducated people to rely on. I think they would soon gothe way of the passenger pigeon.

For his statement about education I think 2centsworth deserves a Darwin Award.

Education is overrated! I’ve heard some stupid statements, but that one of yours clearly takes the biscuit.

The computer you typed your nonesense on ......how do you think it came into being?
The roads you drive on
The bridges you use to cross rivers, all the ‘stuff’ of modern life......do you think the list above was made possible by uneducated dullards, or people who went through a system of education that provided them with the knowledge and skills to do their job?

What do you think?

What I think is that you lack the ability to ever consider that you might make a mistake.  I think you are bigoted.  I think your reading comprehension needs a little work.  I think you are presumptuous.  I think you have a screwed up sense of priorities.   I think any tool can be used as a weapon.  I think a lot of really intelligent people are evil and enjoy hurting others.  I think it takes intelligence to lie effectively.   I think the internet was developed so the military could guide their bombs to their targets more effectively.  I think science is as much of a curse as it is a blessing.   I think all it takes for people to thrive and be healthy is to be able to hunt and fish where the air and water are clean.   I think cancer, car accidents, depression, anxiety, copious amounts of pollution, weapons of mass destruction are products of modern technology.  I think that every bomb that ever went off to burn and rip the flesh off a man women or child has science behind it.  I think that our leaders don't really care for us except as commodities to be used.   I think you are an angry and bitter person  I think you are less than honest.   I think a lot of things.  It's clear what you think.   You think you are smarter than everyone else.  I think that if your next post to me is angry, arrogant and disrespectful I am going to ignore it and forget I ever tried to communicate with you.

The roads you drive on

What do you think?

What I think is that you lack the ability to ever consider that you might make a mistake.  I think you are bigoted.  I think your reading comprehension needs a little work.  I think you are presumptuous.  I think you have a screwed up sense of priorities.   I think any tool can be used as a weapon.  I think a lot of really intelligent people are evil and enjoy hurting others.  I think it takes intelligence to lie effectively.   I think the internet was developed so the military could guide their bombs to their targets more effectively.  I think science is as much of a curse as it is a blessing.   I think all it takes for people to thrive and be healthy is to be able to hunt and fish where the air and water are clean.   I think cancer, car accidents, depression, anxiety, copious amounts of pollution, weapons of mass destruction are products of modern technology.  I think that every bomb that ever went off to burn and rip the flesh off a man women or child has science behind it.  I think that our leaders don't really care for us except as commodities to be used.   I think you are an angry and bitter person  I think you are less than honest.   I think a lot of things.  It's clear what you think.   You think you are smarter than everyone else.  I think that if your next post to me is angry, arrogant and disrespectful I am going to ignore it and forget I ever tried to communicate with you.

How about rather than going off on a rant, why not  answer some of the points I made.
S
If you required major surgery which kind of surgeon would you like to cut you open.
Educated or an illiterate dullard?

....and because you can’t deal with the points I made your going off in the huff!

The roads you drive on

What do you think?

How you can construct such a rant based on my post is unbelievable!
I gave you a list of items and occupations along with a technology or two and asked if they were a product of educated people or dimwits......

And from that you take the huff and have a tantrum!