South Africa

• 328 Replies

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
Re: South Africa
« Reply #90 on: February 22, 2018, 09:31:50 PM »
Even by the minitrue Australias colonization was not a genocide.

Genocide is intentional action to destroy a people (usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group) in whole or in part. The hybrid word "genocide" is a combination of the Greek word génos ("race, people") and the Latin suffix -cide ("act of killing").[1] The United Nations Genocide Convention, which was established in 1948, defines genocide as "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group".[2][3]

The term genocide was coined by Raphael Lemkin in his 1944 book Axis Rule in Occupied Europe;[4][5] it has been applied to the Holocaust, the Armenian genocide and many other mass killings including the genocide of indigenous peoples in the Americas, the Greek genocide, the Indonesian killings of 1965–66, the Assyrian genocide, the Serbian genocide, the Holodomor, the 1971 Bangladesh genocide, the Cambodian genocide, the Guatemalan genocide, and, more recently, the Bosnian genocide, the Kurdish genocide, and the Rwandan genocide.[a]
I don't quite understand what this is supposed to mean? It doesn't mention aboriginals.

True fact: Aboriginal genocide has zero results when you search it on Google. Try. So it obviously isn't a thing.
It does, actually.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #91 on: February 22, 2018, 09:34:42 PM »
Boydster was saying that because some people (communists) incorrectly call it a genocide on goolag then it has to be a genocide.

Again, the logical fallacy is "appeal to emotion."
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #92 on: February 22, 2018, 09:57:06 PM »
Boydster was saying that because some people (communists) incorrectly call it a genocide on goolag then it has to be a genocide.

Again, the logical fallacy is "appeal to emotion."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_of_Indigenous_Australians

The aboriginal population of Tasmania was wiped out,  that's genocide. 
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #93 on: February 22, 2018, 10:55:35 PM »
>Links to article citing massacres.
>Claims it cites genocide.
>Mfw Rayzor.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #94 on: February 23, 2018, 12:11:52 AM »
It would make sense if they were overrepresented. They were overrepresented at trade, and trade included slaves too. That doesn't really say anything.

European education isn't as censored to fit narratives as western education. I've noticed this in every Eurpoean I've had a good conversation with.

I agree it's not a big deal, funny to see everyones reaction to it tho hey?

I know you're an honest poster DNO, one of the few. Australian colonisation is a sensitive topic but I think you will find I can defend my arguments on it. I hope it didn't offend you more than necessary to have this conversation.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:13:39 AM by disputeone »
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #95 on: February 23, 2018, 12:22:24 AM »

Genocide is intentional action to destroy a people (usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group) in whole or in part. The hybrid word "genocide" is a combination of the Greek word génos ("race, people") and the Latin suffix -cide ("act of killing").[1] The United Nations Genocide Convention, which was established in 1948, defines genocide as "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group".[2][3]

The term genocide was coined by Raphael Lemkin in his 1944 book Axis Rule in Occupied Europe;[4][5] it has been applied to the Holocaust, the Armenian genocide and many other mass killings including the genocide of indigenous peoples in the Americas, the Greek genocide, the Indonesian killings of 1965–66, the Assyrian genocide, the Serbian genocide, the Holodomor, the 1971 Bangladesh genocide, the Cambodian genocide, the Guatemalan genocide, and, more recently, the Bosnian genocide, the Kurdish genocide, and the Rwandan genocide.
It doesn't mention aboriginals.

Exactly. In the minitrues list of genocides Australian colonisation is not listed. Most likely because they can't apply the term Genocide to Australain colonisation.

That doesnt stop people screaming genocide at Australians. I'm very proud of the great country we've built in less than three hundred years. I do agree that killing is wrong but as stated in Rayzors links it was war. People die in wars.

Unfortunately when a more technologically advanced race wages a war on a less technologically advanced race the result is usually a very high casualty rate on only one side.

Like the war on terror for example, At what point do we call the war on terror a genocide?

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/unworthy-victims-western-wars-have-killed-four-million-muslims-1990-39149394
I'm anti-judaism.

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #96 on: February 23, 2018, 01:08:59 AM »
Where else is this happening currently?
Oh
Only in South Africa.

No, that's wrong. But who cares? They "only want their land". If they don't want to be second class citizens in an African country, they can go back to Europe. Your logic.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #97 on: February 23, 2018, 02:05:43 AM »
>Links to article citing massacres.
>Claims it cites genocide.
>Mfw Rayzor.

So what would you call the killing of the entire population of Tasmanian full blood aborigines?

I call it genocide.
Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #98 on: February 23, 2018, 03:58:00 AM »
Oh
Only in South Africa.

No, that's wrong. But who cares? They "only want their land". If they don't want to be second class citizens in an African country, they can go back to Europe. Your logic.

I said that in the OP. We can resettle the Boer in western countries if South Africa wants to kick out all the whites.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #99 on: February 23, 2018, 04:11:17 AM »
I'm 100% sure it will be a unparalelled paradise within 200 years without white opression holding them back.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2018, 04:38:37 AM »

The term genocide was coined by Raphael Lemkin in his 1944 book Axis Rule in Occupied Europe;[4][5] it has been applied to the Holocaust, the Armenian genocide and many other mass killings including the genocide of indigenous peoples in the Americas, the Greek genocide, the Indonesian killings of 1965–66, the Assyrian genocide, the Serbian genocide, the Holodomor, the 1971 Bangladesh genocide, the Cambodian genocide, the Guatemalan genocide, and, more recently, the Bosnian genocide, the Kurdish genocide, and the Rwandan genocide.
It doesn't mention aboriginals.

Exactly. In the minitrues list of genocides Australian colonisation is not listed. Most likely because they can't apply the term Genocide to Australain colonisation.

That's not a list of all genocides ever. Here's another Wiki page that DOES reference that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocide_of_indigenous_peoples. I will agree that it's not very easy to apply it to Australia because it wasn't a single coordinated act, but you're not changing history by semantics.

That doesnt stop people screaming genocide at Australians. I'm very proud of the great country we've built in less than three hundred years. I do agree that killing is wrong but as stated in Rayzors links it was war. People die in wars.

No, it wasn't just war. You should look a bit more into the history of your own country.

Also look at the examples of genocide mentioned in that quote. How many of them resulted in the complete extinction of the population? How many of these groups have lower living standards compared to before the genocide? How can you not see how absurd it is to say that it's an "overall positive experience" because now their standards of life are better than 300 years ago and because not all of them died?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2018, 04:43:47 AM »
It was a war for territory.
As I said before wars used to be fought for territory and not international bankers. It's hard to get your head around these days.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2018, 04:51:53 AM »
Also this.

Unfortunately when a more technologically advanced race wages a war on a less technologically advanced race the result is usually a very high casualty rate on only one side.

Like the war on terror for example, At what point do we call the war on terror a genocide?

http://www.middleeasteye.net/columns/unworthy-victims-western-wars-have-killed-four-million-muslims-1990-39149394
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2018, 04:54:48 AM »
It was a war for territory.
As I said before wars used to be fought for territory and not international bankers. It's hard to get your head around these days.
What I'm saying is that the violence was not always part of war. Women were raped and civilians were murdered in large numbers, mass killings were conducted under the pretense of "pacification", and children were taken away from their families to erase their identity. And make no mistake, all these wars started because of greed and greed only. That's always the motive. I'm not asking you to be guilty. I think it's stupid to feel guilty for something you didn't do and no one involved is still alive anyways. But you can't just pretend there were no crimes commited or that it was an "overall positive experience" because you want to feel that your ancestors could do no wrong.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2018, 04:56:17 AM »
True fact: Aboriginal genocide has zero results when you search it on Google. Try. So it obviously isn't a thing.
It does, actually.

I should have used green text, sorry about that.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2018, 04:58:50 AM »
I never said they did no wrong. I said it was wrong to call it genocide. It is wrong to call it genocide because the definition of genocide doesn't apply.

From your link.

According to Lemkin, colonization was in itself "intrinsically genocidal". He saw this genocide as a two-stage process, the first being the destruction of the indigenous population's way of life. In the second stage, the newcomers impose their way of life on the indigenous group.

This is semantics. If this is true then whites becoming a smaller and smaller minority in western countries is genocide. I know you don't believe that.
I'm anti-judaism.

Pezevenk

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2018, 05:02:55 AM »
I never said they did no wrong. I said it was wrong to call it genocide. It is wrong to call it genocide because the definition of genocide doesn't apply.

From your link.

According to Lemkin, colonization was in itself "intrinsically genocidal". He saw this genocide as a two-stage process, the first being the destruction of the indigenous population's way of life. In the second stage, the newcomers impose their way of life on the indigenous group.

This is semantics. If this is true then whites becoming a smaller and smaller minority in western countries is genocide. I know you don't believe that.
Did migrants steal your children and take over your land or something?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2018, 05:04:29 AM »
Semantics again.

Do you accept this definition of genocide.

colonization was in itself "intrinsically genocidal". He saw this genocide as a two-stage process, the first being the destruction of the indigenous population's way of life. In the second stage, the newcomers impose their way of life on the indigenous group.

Or this one.

Genocide is intentional action to destroy a people (usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group) in whole or in part.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2018, 05:18:18 AM »
If we use the first definition that's fine, all mass migration from a different race or religion is genocide. Australias colonization certainly counts.

I disagree with that interpretation of genocide however.
I'm anti-judaism.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2018, 05:35:39 AM »
Can we please stop pretending that it matters so much which word we're using? Can we please stop pretending that it affects how bad things happening were? Fucking ridiculous.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2018, 05:43:51 AM »
Words have meanings. These meanings are important, if words didn't have meanings then we couldn't communicate except with grunts moans and screams. Which is unfortunately what we are regressing towards.

I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2018, 06:37:19 AM »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2018, 07:15:47 AM »
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2018, 09:09:34 AM »
not white. Doesn't count.
No, no you don't understand.  d1 cares about other people and just wants to fight social injustice wherever he finds it.   

SJWs like d1 don't care about skin colour, they just want to fix the planet.   ;)
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Junker

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2018, 09:13:54 AM »
Boerewors and biltong are good things.

Pezevenk

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2018, 09:56:54 AM »
If we use the first definition that's fine, all mass migration from a different race or religion is genocide. Australias colonization certainly counts.

I disagree with that interpretation of genocide however.
To think that migration and colonization are in any way comparable is just plain silly.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

FalseProphet

• Life is just a tale
« Reply #116 on: February 23, 2018, 12:55:13 PM »
Oh
Only in South Africa.

I said that in the OP. We can resettle the Boer in western countries if South Africa wants to kick out all the whites.

In "western countries"? The Boers? Who wants that shit?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #117 on: February 23, 2018, 01:26:01 PM »
They didn't see this coming?

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
« Reply #118 on: February 23, 2018, 01:53:22 PM »
I'm 100% sure it will be a unparalelled paradise within 200 years without white opression holding them back.

I actually laughed out loud on this one.

I am sure it will be an utopia in no time lmao!
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2018, 03:05:54 PM »
Imagine if Trump or some other leader of a political party told people at a rally

"I am not calling for the slaughter of Mexican people‚ at least for now"

Everyone would understandably (the world over) lose their shit.

But when a leader of a South African party Julius Malema says

"I am not calling for the slaughter of white people‚ at least for now"

Who the hell cares it seems

Well, the motion to confiscate farms owned by white people without any compensation has overwhelming passed 241 votes to 83 against. These farmers, whose only crime is not having enough melanin in their skin but have provided food on the tables to millions of South Africans will now have nothing. We are seeing another Zimbabwe human rights crisis in the making and no one gives a shit.

Imagine the President or leader of a political party condoning a slaughter of people based on the colour of their skin. Well looks like people are okay with it as long as the victims are white which is pretty short sighted because the real victims will be millions of black South Africans.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place