Gyroscopes

• 6 Replies
Gyroscopes
« on: February 25, 2015, 06:30:42 AM »
Anyone with a understanding on gyroscopes here? If it defies 'gravity', it could be a way to a round earth or flat earth proof.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Gyroscopes
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 09:12:21 AM »
Gyroscopes don't really defy gravity, they just look like they do because they move in weird ways.  They do what they do because of gyroscopic stability which is the same reason why Earth's axis always points in the same direction.  Because gyroscopes tend to point in the exact same direction they can (and have) been used to prove that the Earth is round and that it's rotating.  The flat earthers just say that this is somehow caused by the aether, and they can't even mathematically describe the properties of the aether.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2015, 10:01:46 AM »
Anyone with a understanding on gyroscopes here? If it defies 'gravity', it could be a way to a round earth or flat earth proof.
Certain fe'ers try to say they disprove Gravity. They were shown to be wrong but ignored it. Recently a good video on gyroscopes came out and put it to rest once in for all.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2015, 12:08:55 PM »
For example, a gyroscope mark the initial level of an aeroplane parked in a american airport, and then this aeroplane flys with this gyroscope working and gets to China... his position will be like upside down in relation to the first or not? Can a gyroscope do this? Sorry for bad english...   

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2015, 02:01:04 PM »
For example, a gyroscope mark the initial level of an aeroplane parked in a american airport, and then this aeroplane flys with this gyroscope working and gets to China... his position will be like upside down in relation to the first or not? Can a gyroscope do this? Sorry for bad english...   

I think what you're describing is an inertial navigation system (INS). I believe people have used them as a proof against FET in the past.
Founder member of the League Of Scientific Gentlemen and Mademoiselles des Connaissances.
I am pompous, self-righteous, thin skinned, and smug.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2015, 04:33:35 PM »

A gyroscope can in fact do this, although you can't forget that the rotation of the Earth will also be a factor.  Airplanes actually use gyroscopes for things like the artificial horizon and they have to account for the roundness if the Earth to make their instruments accurate.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2015, 04:57:48 AM »
If anyone could do such experiment, film this gyroscope behavior while going across the earth's surface, it would be a good way to find out the real shape. I can't do it. But maybe some brothers can, and post here. Peace