I have a degree in Earth Sciences, ask me anything.

• 274 Replies
Re: I have a degree in Earth Sciences, ask me anything.
« Reply #180 on: September 22, 2016, 11:17:12 AM »
Question: What causes meteors? c; (I think you know where I'm going with this).

they are rocks they break off of fire creatures that simple.....

Fricking ridiculous. Have any proof of this? Or is your IQ so low you just come up something random?

« Reply #181 on: September 22, 2016, 11:20:26 AM »

Fricking ridiculous. Have any proof of this? Or is your IQ so low you just come up something random?

call it ridiclulous all you like there is alot of proof for it......

« Reply #182 on: September 22, 2016, 01:47:12 PM »

These what you call "proofs" look like bad reasoning. Like saying potatoes dont have seeds because they were mutated that way. And the other I just hear random pictures fromm google, that shit game of Sim City 2013 which Cities Skylines beat by far (Even though I don't have the game, My friend does know). These earth creatures are highly unbelievable and no one is going to believe you.

« Reply #183 on: September 22, 2016, 02:00:03 PM »

These what you call "proofs" look like bad reasoning. Like saying potatoes dont have seeds because they were mutated that way. And the other I just hear random pictures fromm google, that shit game of Sim City 2013 which Cities Skylines beat by far (Even though I don't have the game, My friend does know). These earth creatures are highly unbelievable and no one is going to believe you.

who are you to say no one will believe me?? you cant even understand the simple fact that we live on a flat infinite plane........

go big or go home

glober!

« Reply #184 on: September 22, 2016, 02:07:03 PM »

who are you to say no one will believe me?? you cant even understand the simple fact that we live on a flat infinite plane........

go big or go home

glober!

I tried to understand. It isn't a bad theory, but your reasoning is so paper thin and dull, there's no limit of how much of an ignoramus you are. You are literally brainwashed. Like no joke, you need to go to some insane asylum. I can't understand why Earth is flat because YOU can't even provide any evidence! THAT'S HOW YOU MAKE YOUR ARGUMENT STRONG. You can't even understand how stupid you are and that us so called 'Glovers' have much for evidence than you. So you can just admit now the Earth is a globe- No wait, spheroid, because that's what it REALLY is. Oh wait, I forgot, you're brainwashed by the internet and this site.

Also what kind of insult is that? 'Go big or go home. GLOBER!'? That actually makes me feel good because I know that I am smart enough to know what the earth is.
Here is something that I need to tell your deteriorating brain; Grow big, or go home, and stay there.

« Reply #185 on: September 22, 2016, 02:09:01 PM »
Give us one experiment that can without a doubt prove weather the earth is a ball or flat.

I say a Foucault pendulum. Sincerity works on a globe, but not a flat earth.

I have seen over a dozen, and even helped build one in my astronomy class. They definitely work.

Your turn.
I wonder how obnoxious I can make my signature?
Please give me ideas.

« Reply #186 on: September 22, 2016, 03:43:16 PM »
Give us one experiment that can without a doubt prove weather the earth is a ball or flat.

I say a Foucault pendulum. Sincerity works on a globe, but not a flat earth.

I have seen over a dozen, and even helped build one in my astronomy class. They definitely work.

Your turn.

i did watch my videos kiddo........

EarthIsRoundNotFlat

• Of course it's round!
« Reply #187 on: September 22, 2016, 05:20:43 PM »
Yes, a fifth grader can call someone "kiddo". Your videos are complete and utter garbage.
I, for one, approve of our new Penguin overlords!

-Space Cowgirl

« Reply #188 on: September 22, 2016, 06:15:09 PM »
Yes, a fifth grader can call someone "kiddo". Your videos are complete and utter garbage.
He can call me kiddo if he wants. It makes the whole situation even more funny.

In fact, call me whatever the hell you want. Call me "immature fuck ugly penguin" again, that was fun.
Please give me ideas.

?

Woody

« Reply #189 on: September 22, 2016, 06:16:36 PM »
Could tectonic plates shift or drift on a flat plane?

« Reply #190 on: September 22, 2016, 08:24:19 PM »

yes they could.....

« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2016, 08:54:12 PM »
When the plate move, do every continents move relatively to each other? Or independently to each other? (Hope you get what I'm asking  :-X)
Dumb boy that only have his commonsense to depend on this ridiculous site.

« Reply #192 on: September 23, 2016, 01:27:18 AM »
If you do not agree with your own scientists, then write to your local university about this, and wait for a response.

where's all your responses from local universities agreeing with your findings?

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #193 on: September 23, 2016, 09:20:09 AM »

I would love it if RocksEverywhere thought about this and gave his honest opinion.

Also, I'd love it if everyone would stop helping "Flat Earth Scientist" derail threads into pointless arguments. /forum mom
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #194 on: September 23, 2016, 09:26:27 AM »

I would love it if RocksEverywhere thought about this and gave his honest opinion.

Also, I'd love it if everyone would stop helping "Flat Earth Scientist" derail threads into pointless arguments. /forum mom
Space chick I agree. I have become bored with his "science", and I know he in no way represents FET whatsoever. I do enjoy the back and forth with the more educated ones though. I really enjoy the fact I'm learning a ton. But this  flat head guy has had just gone too far. I will no longer engage him. I call on others to do the same. She has a good point!

UpstartPixel

• Troll with intellectual aspirations
« Reply #195 on: September 23, 2016, 09:27:52 AM »
He can call me kiddo if he wants. It makes the whole situation even more funny.

In fact, call me whatever the hell you want. Call me "immature fuck ugly penguin" again, that was fun.

Can I call you that too, or is that limited to FE folk?

UpstartPixel

• Troll with intellectual aspirations
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2016, 09:31:02 AM »

Space chick I agree. I have become bored with his "science", and I know he in no way represents FET whatsoever. I do enjoy the back and forth with the more educated ones though. I really enjoy the fact I'm learning a ton. But this  flat head guy has had just gone too far. I will no longer engage him. I call on others to do the same. She has a good point!

Nah, I suspect FE Scientist is just hitting his stride.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #197 on: September 23, 2016, 09:37:54 AM »

That is one of the wonderful things about this forum. No matter which side of the debate you fall on, if you stick around you always learn interesting things. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

« Reply #198 on: September 23, 2016, 09:44:21 AM »
The guy's using pure fantasy and minecraft video game mentality on the sun & moon & stars. Fire creatures? Yeah, you might expect this from a child, but certainly not from any clear thinking adult. He's not even remotely representing science, provides no evidence or facts, just links to his sub 2 minute videos (the comments section having more entertainment) that SUCK - just look at the thumbs up and down, that says something.

« Reply #199 on: September 23, 2016, 10:17:23 AM »
The guy's using pure fantasy and minecraft video game mentality on the sun & moon & stars. Fire creatures? Yeah, you might expect this from a child, but certainly not from any clear thinking adult. He's not even remotely representing science, provides no evidence or facts, just links to his sub 2 minute videos (the comments section having more entertainment) that SUCK - just look at the thumbs up and down, that says something.

it says there is alot of shills with alt accounts that is all.....

« Reply #200 on: September 23, 2016, 10:26:12 AM »

it says there is alot of shills with alt accounts that is all.....

No one would waste their time disliking your videos via alts. It probably means you have a one celled brain and probably you go to your computer in the basement and play Minecraft all day. You're  a kid, you can't outsmart us Teens and Adults. You lose all the fights because we've been in school a lot longer than a 4th grader.

RocksEverywhere

• Literally everywhere.
« Reply #201 on: September 23, 2016, 10:57:39 AM »
You have summoned me.

Talking purely plate tectonics, with the plates moving around, driven by the creation of new oceanic crust at spreading ridge, and subduction, I see no issue with a flat earth. In fact, schematic drawings of these systems are usually done with a "flat" earth, as the curvature has no significant effect on these processes. I.e.:

One thing, however, is a slight issue and that would be the border of the flat earth. There are no recorded "fixed" points of crust and this means that plates would be able to slip off the edge. BRB writing a new Hollywood disaster movie. Should I let Australia slip off the edge? Get rid of all those nasty spiders.

Anyway, I guess in the geographical model of the flat earth, Antarctica would be assumed to be fixed anyway (its actually semi stable atm, moving only 1 cm per year toward the Atlantic Ocean) and then it would be a non issue.

PS. For the globers among us who get excited from curvature:

PPS. Today I learned there's a Shetland Plate and a Sandwich Plate (LOL) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic_Plate#/media/File:AntarcticPlate.png
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 11:01:07 AM by RocksEverywhere »
AMA: https://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=68045.0

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's not real.

« Reply #202 on: September 23, 2016, 11:17:56 AM »
You have summoned me.

Talking purely plate tectonics, with the plates moving around, driven by the creation of new oceanic crust at spreading ridge, and subduction, I see no issue with a flat earth. In fact, schematic drawings of these systems are usually done with a "flat" earth, as the curvature has no significant effect on these processes. I.e.:

One thing, however, is a slight issue and that would be the border of the flat earth. There are no recorded "fixed" points of crust and this means that plates would be able to slip off the edge. BRB writing a new Hollywood disaster movie. Should I let Australia slip off the edge? Get rid of all those nasty spiders.

Anyway, I guess in the geographical model of the flat earth, Antarctica would be assumed to be fixed anyway (its actually semi stable atm, moving only 1 cm per year toward the Atlantic Ocean) and then it would be a non issue.

PPS. Today I learned there's a Shetland Plate and a Sandwich Plate (LOL) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antarctic_Plate#/media/File:AntarcticPlate.png

there is no edge we live on a flat infinite plane learn your facts......

« Reply #203 on: September 23, 2016, 11:27:52 AM »
I suddenly got the image of continents falling off the edge. For some reason I couldn't stop laughing.
Please give me ideas.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #204 on: September 23, 2016, 11:45:57 AM »
Thanks RocksEverywhere! That's very interesting.

« Reply #205 on: September 23, 2016, 12:45:55 PM »
You have summoned me.

How about you learn your facts?

« Reply #206 on: September 23, 2016, 07:51:11 PM »
The thread should be more accurately re-titled I am your asshole high school geography teacher, ask me anything.

There is NOTHING new here and most certainly NOTHING that requires a degree. 

« Reply #207 on: September 23, 2016, 08:00:55 PM »
You have summoned me.

How about you learn your facts?

i know my facts all you know is lies.......

« Reply #208 on: September 23, 2016, 08:30:40 PM »
^ I use my commonsense to deduce that all you say is bullcrap.
Dumb boy that only have his commonsense to depend on this ridiculous site.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #209 on: September 23, 2016, 09:49:56 PM »

Evidence? Your words mean nothing.