Why no map?

• 19 Replies
?

Blacksmith

• Debunker of Debauchery
Why no map?
« on: August 27, 2014, 10:47:18 PM »
If the earth is flat, and we can navigate it accurately with a spherical map, then why can't we make a flat map that is accurate?
Tally Count of Every Piece of Evidence for a Flat Earth, Ever:

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Re: Why no map?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2014, 07:35:36 AM »
We are making a map!!!  We are working to fund an expedition to charter a flat-earth map!  You can help fund our expedition by following this link:

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=61797.0#.U_899sVdWGc

?

Blacksmith

• Debunker of Debauchery
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2014, 08:57:07 AM »
I'm all for going to Antarctica so we can forget the whole Ice Wall crap, but if you're chartering a map, then why not just do a roadtrip across the U.S. and survey along the way? There's plenty enough distance to cover for you to make accurate measurements of the scale and shape of the real world right here in the U.S. of A.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2014, 10:34:33 AM »
I'm all for going to Antarctica so we can forget the whole Ice Wall crap, but if you're chartering a map, then why not just do a roadtrip across the U.S. and survey along the way? There's plenty enough distance to cover for you to make accurate measurements of the scale and shape of the real world right here in the U.S. of A.

That's outside the scope of this project.  We would have to start an entirely new fund raiser for that and seeing the donation rates of this one, I don't feel like having competing donation efforts is a good idea.

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2014, 11:02:28 AM »
We are making a map!!!  We are working to fund an expedition to charter a flat-earth map!  You can help fund our expedition by following this link:

Where are you starting from?

?

Blacksmith

• Debunker of Debauchery
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2014, 11:42:15 AM »
What I'm asking is, are you going to Antarctica to prove the ice wall, or are you going to Antarctica to make a map? I'm saying that if it's to make a map, then you're better off going to a place that isn't super expensive to live on, dangerous, and very slow to travel in.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2014, 11:43:06 AM »

Christchurch.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2014, 11:45:14 AM »
What I'm asking is, are you going to Antarctica to prove the ice wall, or are you going to Antarctica to make a map? I'm saying that if it's to make a map, then you're better off going to a place that isn't super expensive to live on, dangerous, and very slow to travel in.

The expedition is multifaceted.  We will be making a map AND proving (or disproving) the ice wall.  Among other things.

?

Blacksmith

• Debunker of Debauchery
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2014, 11:49:09 AM »
Well, Good Luck. I'll be waiting to see how it goes.  ;)

« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 11:50:35 AM »

Christchurch.
How will you measure distance and direction?

?

Blacksmith

• Debunker of Debauchery
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 11:54:00 AM »
I'll especially be waiting to see how you make the measurements. I have a dreadful suspicion that no matter what you see or record, you will interpret the results in favor of a flat earth even if it quite obviously says otherwise.

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 12:03:18 PM »
I'll especially be waiting to see how you make the measurements. I have a dreadful suspicion that no matter what you see or record, you will interpret the results in favor of a flat earth even if it quite obviously says otherwise.
All surveying seems to now use GPS.

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 07:14:54 PM »
Two words: drone mapping

https://www.sensefly.com/home.html
Quote from: Heiwa
You are ignoring this user. Show me the post.

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 08:08:55 PM »

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 02:06:15 AM »
GPS, powered by satellites, we've been over this.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2014, 09:49:02 AM »
FE can not use GS because satellites do not exist.But on the other hand , stratellites or pseudolites , flateartholites or fridaynitelites do exist and they could use GPS. What is going to happen if all they find is the continent of Antarctica ? No Ice Wall ? Where would they go from there ? I will just leave it up to the FE's to come up with something ? Meanwhile we eagerly await the Official and Accurate Flat Earth by the year 2115. :D
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2014, 10:05:46 AM »

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
About this ship you will charter….  Will they not expect to take you to your destination using GPS navigation? 

?

tappet

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2014, 01:33:21 AM »
fridaynitelites
Fridaynitelites, I like it!