Proof via Google Earth

• 65 Replies
?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
Re: Proof via Google Earth
« Reply #60 on: May 08, 2011, 08:36:05 PM »
If it's true Tom, think about how much money it would cost to photograph every inch of the ocean. Sounds like a waste of money to me.

He didn't say it was a sound business plan. He said:
Google Earth is missing 3/4ths of the earth surface. That's a problem for anyone claiming that the pictures fit together into a globe.
The pictures we have seem to be just fine. Comparing the continents on Google Earth to pictures of the Earth has a perfect match, so it seems Tom is just grasping at straws here.

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2011, 08:38:06 PM »
I'm having difficulty telling whether you're truly being obtuse or whether you are trying to leg-pull.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2011, 08:46:10 PM »
Why? Why cant the pictures of the continents fitting together on a globe count?

Ski

• Planar Moderator
  • Homines, dum docent, dispenguin.
« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2011, 08:47:39 PM »
Why can't pictures of continents fitting together on a flat space count? Surely if I'm disregarding 2/3's of the surface I could arrange said continents in nearly any shape I wished.
"Never think you can turn over any old falsehood without a terrible squirming of the horrid little population that dwells under it." -O.W. Holmes "Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne.."

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #64 on: May 08, 2011, 08:52:22 PM »
Google Earth is missing 3/4ths of the earth surface. That's a problem for anyone claiming that the pictures fit together into a globe.

???  Who says that 3/4 of the earth surface is missing from Google Earth?
Quote from: http://www.gearthblog.com/blog/archives/2009/01/new_view_of_ocean_floor_in_google_e.html
New View of Ocean Floor in Google Earth

Google has released a new rendering of the ocean floors around the world. The ocean floor is colored to reflect the terrain features of the sub-sea surface. The new rendering is a bit higher resolution (much higher in places) and is presumably more accurate than the previous version. According to the copyright messages the new ocean floor is coming from "SIO, NOAA, US Navy, NGA, GEBCO". These entities are dedicated to getting the best ocean floor surface data they can.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

sillyrob

• Official Member
  • Punk rawk.
« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2011, 08:52:40 PM »
Yes, Google just planted a bunch of continents on a globe and called it Earth. Not like you cant look at other pictures of Earth and verify it or anything.