Gateway to infinite earth at the poles

• 11 Replies
Gateway to infinite earth at the poles
« on: June 12, 2013, 12:15:41 AM »
Here is another strange theory that I came up with. First of all let me mention that I do not believe in hollow earth. However hollow earth mentions few interesting things. It assumes that earth's poles are not fixed but rather concave and that there are entrances to the interior of the earth through both south and north poles. Inside this hollow earth is a beautiful paradise, advanced race of beings, great cities and other marvels. One of them is of course the fabled land of Agartha. Now let's take this idea and change it a little. What if the polar entrances lead to another dimension of space/time? What if they really lead to infinite planar earth. an entire universe inside our very earth. Now I know this is hard to grasp because the question is how can an entire universe (infinite earth) can fit inside our earth. But if we can understand the physics behind Dr. Who's phone booth then we can also understand that time and space can be manipulated and stretched, this of course would imply a multidimensional model of the earth and how things work. Your thoughts.
JJA voted for Pedro

Lorddave

Re: Gateway to infinite earth at the poles
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2013, 10:20:37 AM »
Interdimensional bubbles.
By creating a pocket universe with an aperture in ours, you can essentially create the inside of the Tardis: A universe inside a universe.

Your idea (it's not a theory) is pointless.  For one, the poles were very popular to explore but no one has found anything resembling a gateway.
Secondly, even if such a thing existed, it would likely be buried under ice and snow (or water) and would thus be unreachable and undiscoverable.

Therefore, unless you find it yourself, (and how would you know it's infinite?) your idea has no meaning beyond a good fictional story plot.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 09:04:11 AM »
I read a short fiction once where the Pacific Ocean was virtually endless, one could travel for years east of Japan. The consequence was that Japan never bombed Pearl Harbour, and concentrated on the USSR instead, USA never entered WWII and Germany won WWII.

Conker

• Official FES jerk / kneebiter
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 06:32:24 AM »
I read a short fiction once where the Pacific Ocean was virtually endless, one could travel for years east of Japan. The consequence was that Japan never bombed Pearl Harbour, and concentrated on the USSR instead, USA never entered WWII and Germany won WWII.
I don't see the relation between your 2 last propositions.-
This is not a joke society.
Quote from: OpenedEyes
You shouldn't be allowed to talk on a free discussion forum.

Rushy

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2013, 08:53:42 AM »

If the Pacific ocean were endless Japan would not be able to bomb Pearl Harbor. As a result, the USA would never enter WWII, because Pearl Harbor is the event that brought the USA from isolationist politics. Without the USA's intervention, Britain would have inevitably fallen to the Third Reich. The Soviets would not be able to fight off Germany because they would also have to fight Japan.

Conker

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »

If the Pacific ocean were endless Japan would not be able to bomb Pearl Harbor. As a result, the USA would never enter WWII, because Pearl Harbor is the event that brought the USA from isolationist politics. Without the USA's intervention, Britain would have inevitably fallen to the Third Reich. The Soviets would not be able to fight off Germany because they would also have to fight Japan.
I still don't see why would Britain had lost the WWII without the "glorious march" of the USA. I mean, it took them years to decide. And they come into play when the Russians start to destroy the Germans, and when the Brits start making Germans stop. WWII would have been won by the Russians without the USA, and even if Nazi Germany still existed (very doubtable), it would never reach Britain.

Rushy

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2013, 09:18:00 AM »
I still don't see why would Britain had lost the WWII without the "glorious march" of the USA. I mean, it took them years to decide. And they come into play when the Russians start to destroy the Germans, and when the Brits start making Germans stop. WWII would have been won by the Russians without the USA, and even if Nazi Germany still existed (very doubtable), it would never reach Britain.

If Japan had attacked the Soviets, Russia would not be able to concentrate so heavily on Germany. Furthermore, if the Soviets were being attacked by Japan, Germans would not feel the need to attack the Soviets during the Winter. The only reason the Russians ever gained a field advantage against Germany was because, due to the USA's intervention, Germany felt squashed and had to stage an offense on Russia during the winter.

Without US supplies and troops, Britain would have fell to Germany within the span of a few years. Without the US, Britain would never get a foothold in Europe, and would have been bombed to pieces by the Nazis.

Conker

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2013, 12:48:31 PM »

If Japan had attacked the Soviets, Russia would not be able to concentrate so heavily on Germany. Furthermore, if the Soviets were being attacked by Japan, Germans would not feel the need to attack the Soviets during the Winter. The only reason the Russians ever gained a field advantage against Germany was because, due to the USA's intervention, Germany felt squashed and had to stage an offense on Russia during the winter.

Without US supplies and troops, Britain would have fell to Germany within the span of a few years. Without the US, Britain would never get a foothold in Europe, and would have been bombed to pieces by the Nazis.
OK, you are just making up claims. I felt like this was going to be a different conversation, but nope.

Rushy

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2013, 01:20:06 PM »
Obvious personal bias is obvious. Saying the Pacific Ocean is infinite? That is okay to Conker. Saying the US was the primary reason the Third Reich failed? Nope, too much for Conker.

You should brush up on your WWII history. It is quite... nonexistent.

Lorddave

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 01:58:56 PM »

OK, you are just making up claims. I felt like this was going to be a different conversation, but nope.
Rushy is right.  With Japan having to worry about the US in the pacific, they couldn't do anything against the Soviets.  If that was nullified, they could.  And China was in the middle of a civil war so they weren't going to do anything against Japan.

The UK was being bombed daily and while they held out pretty well, they couldn't hold out forever.  It was a siege and supplies would only last so long.

Hitler, being insane at the time, chose to attack the soviets.  This was before the December 7 attack of Pearl Harbor.  And a year after they joined the axis powers.
I think Japan joined so get IndoChina and made moves to do that. 

Without the US to stop them, Japan would have taken all of IndoChina (China was in the middle of a civil war) and likely have moved west while Germany moved East.  The resulting move would pinch the soviet union so badly that even the cold winter wasn't enough to avoid surrender.

Eventually the US would have been the next target as Africa and South America were too fragmented to offer up any real resistance.  A full naval assault would have started on the US East Coast. 

It's likely at this time, however, that we would have built up our forces on the West Coast as well as ready the defenses on the East.  We would have developed the Atom Bomb (as Einstein was already in the US) and would have been ready to defend ourselves.  The Axis would have attacked with the full force of their navy and invaded the East Coast, albeit with a great deal of resistance.

Meanwhile, the West Coast fleet would mobilize(protected from assault by the US landmass) and go through the Panama Canal and flank the Axis fleet.
Trapped between a rock and a fleet, the Axis naval fleet would be wiped out as they would lack both friendly ports and supplies.

Upon the crushing defeat of the Axis navy, the US would land a massive troop movement on the UK instead of France.  The massive assault would create a multitude of revolts, resistance movements, and general chaos in the occupied nations.  The Axis, lacking the manpower to keep occupying territory, would pull back fairly quickly.  Eventually we'd bomb Berlin, wiping out Hitler.  Combined with the open revolts, the axis would crumble and surrender, piece by piece.

Cleanup would take decades.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

EnigmaZV

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 02:24:00 PM »
If the pacific were infinite, why would there be a large naval fleet in the pacific?
I don't know what you're implying, but you're probably wrong.

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2013, 02:28:32 PM »
If the pacific were infinite, why would there be a large naval fleet in the pacific?
Always hide your numbers.
The pacific would be a strategic hiding place and safe place to amass a fleet without too much risk of a surprise attack.