Disprove the flat earth theory to me...

• 47 Replies

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
Re: Disprove the flat earth theory to me...
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2015, 12:09:14 AM »
Shouldn't this be happening every month?

Yes it would, if the pane of the Moon's orbit was perfectly lined up with the plane of the ecliptic.  It's not though, so there are only two times of year when eclipses an happen and if an eclipse happens at all depends on the position of the Moonat the time.
I am having a video war with Jeranism.
See the thread about it here.

?

tappet

« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2015, 02:07:12 AM »

Yes it would, if the pane of the Moon's orbit was perfectly lined up with the plane of the ecliptic.  It's not though, so there are only two times of year when eclipses an happen and if an eclipse happens at all depends on the position of the Moonat the time.
Are you saying that the moon is sometimes up in the northern hemisphere and sometimes in the southern hemisphere?

« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2015, 02:15:26 AM »

Are you saying that the moon is sometimes up in the northern hemisphere and sometimes in the southern hemisphere?
No.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2015, 03:18:37 AM »

No, but it's orbit isn't perfectly aligned with earth's orbit. It is tilted. In a way you are right bout that, as that means that during one half of it's orbit it is south of earth's equator and the other half of it's orbit is north of earth's equator. There are only two points of moons orbit that align with earths orbit, which is why there can only happen twice a year, if the moon is at the right bit of it's orbit that is.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

tappet

« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2015, 01:38:39 PM »

No, but it's orbit isn't perfectly aligned with earth's orbit. It is tilted. In a way you are right bout that, as that means that during one half of it's orbit it is south of earth's equator and the other half of it's orbit is north of earth's equator. There are only two points of moons orbit that align with earths orbit, which is why there can only happen twice a year, if the moon is at the right bit of it's orbit that is.
Ok, then some times there is no full moon for a couple of months for a particular hemisphere as the moon is in the other one, and when it is central we get a lunar eclipse. Got it.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2015, 01:41:23 PM »

Ok, then some times there is no full moon for a couple of months for a particular hemisphere as the moon is in the other one, and when it is central we get a lunar eclipse. Got it.

No, that makes no sense. The moon simply doesn't get in front of the sun, it doesn't stop being full or something.
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2015, 01:59:34 PM »
This diagram should help tappet understand eclipses

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2015, 02:12:02 PM »

First: it takes one month (roughly) for the moon to make a full rotation along it's orbit so during the course of one month it's closer to both the nothern and the southern hemisphere.

Second: Closer, not in the hemispheres but closer to one of them. The moon is still far away from earth and can be viewed from any hemisphere.

Do you really need this amount of spoon feeding?

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

?

tappet

« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2015, 11:12:39 PM »

Your cartoon agrees with what I said, only one hemisphere can have a full moon each month. But both can have a new moon each month.

?

tappet

« Reply #39 on: August 06, 2015, 11:24:22 PM »
Second: Closer, not in the hemispheres but closer to one of them. The moon is still far away from earth and can be viewed from any hemisphere.

Now your just making shit up. If your standing in the northern hemisphere and the moon is in the southern hemisphere your telling me from earth every one will see a full moon. No chance, try again.
Spoon feeding? The only one that swallows here is you.

mikeman7918

• Round Earther
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2015, 11:35:41 PM »

Your cartoon agrees with what I said, only one hemisphere can have a full moon each month. But both can have a new moon each month.

The only way the Moon would be hidden from a hemisphere is if it is directly above a pole.  The Moon is not in a polar orbit do that would never happen.  There are parts near the poles where the Moon is hidden for more then 24 hours, but not entire hemispheres.  Get the rusty gears in the spacial reasoning part of your brain grinding.

?

tappet

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2015, 12:31:33 AM »

The only way the Moon would be hidden from a hemisphere is if it is directly above a pole.  The Moon is not in a polar orbit do that would never happen.  There are parts near the poles where the Moon is hidden for more then 24 hours, but not entire hemispheres.  Get the rusty gears in the spacial reasoning part of your brain grinding.
Nobody said the moon would be hidden.
Why are you acting dumb? We are talking about the full moon. You can not stand in one hemisphere, the moon be in another hemisphere and see it as full.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2015, 12:57:19 AM »

Now your just making shit up. If your standing in the northern hemisphere and the moon is in the southern hemisphere your telling me from earth every one will see a full moon. No chance, try again.

Not enough spoon feeding I see...

The moon is roughly 380 kilometers away, and it's orbit is tilted roughly 5 degrees from being in perfect synch with earths orbit. This makes it so that if you drew an as short line between the moon and the earth as possible, on earth the line would start in the northen hemisphere during the half of moons orbit and in the southern hemisphere during the other half. The moon is still so far away that you can see the moon from both of them because the difference in distance is more or less neglectible, and the moon will not be obscured by the horizon unless you are at the poles. And because of the distance to the moon we don't change or perspective of the moon by close to anything, so we see the same part of the moon regardless of which hemisphere we are in.

Enough spoon feeding yet?

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2015, 01:47:52 AM »

Why is it so hard to comprehend?? Are you telling me that if you are an ant standing on a ball, you won't be able to see something that is 10 meters away just because it's slightly below you?

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)

?

tappet

« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2015, 02:01:42 AM »

Why is it so hard to comprehend?? Are you telling me that if you are an ant standing on a ball, you won't be able to see something that is 10 meters away just because it's slightly below you?
If you insist on trolling at least make an effort, pathetic!

?

tappet

« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2015, 02:07:28 AM »

The moon is roughly 380 kilometers away, and it's orbit is tilted roughly 5 degrees from being in perfect synch with earths orbit. This makes it so that if you drew an as short line between the moon and the earth as possible, on earth the line would start in the northen hemisphere during the half of moons orbit and in the southern hemisphere during the other half. The moon is still so far away that you can see the moon from both of them because the difference in distance is more or less neglectible, and the moon will not be obscured by the horizon unless you are at the poles. And because of the distance to the moon we don't change or perspective of the moon by close to anything, so we see the same part of the moon regardless of which hemisphere we are in.

No not enough spoon feeding.
You may have to create a diagram as I am having trouble trying to comprehend what you are trying to describe.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2015, 02:55:18 AM »

No not enough spoon feeding.
You may have to create a diagram as I am having trouble trying to comprehend what you are trying to describe.

Hopefully this picture helps you see why you see the same part of the moon from both hemispheres.

When in doubt; sources!

Pezevenk

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2015, 04:18:56 AM »

If you insist on trolling at least make an effort, pathetic!

Ok. Look out of your window. How can you see anything that is lower than your window? Think about it. Think hard. Then you might be able to comprehend this very simple, basic fact.

-Intikam

-Intikam (again)