Auroras Prove Air exists

• 162 Replies

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
Re: Auroras Prove Air exists
« Reply #90 on: March 30, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »
If this portal notion were to be true, I would assume they are plasmas floating around in space, just like they do in RE.

why would that be necessary? only aether is needed.
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Misero

• Of course it's flat. It looks that way up close.
« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2015, 07:47:39 AM »
"Only aether is needed"
I think you just admitted aether is an ad hoc.

I am the worst moderator ever.

Sometimes I wonder: "Why am  I on this site?"
Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

?

LogicalKiller

• Atheist, Re'er and happy doctor of physics
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2015, 07:52:22 AM »
I said it wasn't radioactive.
Can we be done talking about your lack of knowledge of nuclear fusion? What are these other bodies? Do they have life? Can we travel to them through the auroras?

i don't see how it couldn't be radioactive, but never mind.
if you want to move on, i'm happy to. talking in circles isn't any more fun for me.

we know other planets and bodies exist, and it seems reasonable to assume that other flat bodies have formed (and by extension similar planetary systems). i can't say anything about what happens there, though it's possible life exists there.
aurora travel is conceivable also, i suppose, though the aether is far less stable at those points, as it clearly fluctuates. it's only partly seen, after all. that being said, it might be possible that the auroras will 'line up' more at certain times, very rarely, allowing full travel. that might explain creatures which exist on earth, yet follow no clearly defined evolutionary path.
that is speculation, mind you.

First of all - you haven't explained how auroras work on your DFE model and repeating it infinitely doesn't make your idea true.
Second of all - every animal is defined by evolutionary paths, we just don't know exactly, but we know it CAN be defined by some probably true paths.

how have i not explained it? i suggest you go back to the first page of this thread, where i quite clearly explained what we observe as auroras come about, making no new assumptions about my model.
it is simply closed minded to say everything must have evolved here. there are many proposed creatures which do not quite seem to fit, often which have been observed enough to be sure they do exist, and yet don't exist in the quantities we would expect if they had truly evolve don earth.

You haven't explained it -
i suspect

What "creatures" you are talking about?

i have not personally been to the auroras, so i can say nothing for certain about their cause (or even if they exist), but they are easily explainable under dual earth theory. what part of that do you have a problem with?
i am not willing to discuss such creatures with you, as you've just been abrasive rather than open minded in other topics where they've come up.

What are the distant objects?

other worlds, perhaps. it's absurd to think the earth is all that exists. they're viewed unclearly as the transmission isn't perfect at those points, but they're there.

You're unclear. What other worlds? Other universes? Other planets? How are other planets or universes affecting our atmosphere that it makes auroras?
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem
personally i think fairies share a common ancestor with humans

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2015, 07:53:36 AM »
"Only aether is needed"
I think you just admitted aether is an ad hoc.

how? it has always been a fundamental tenet of my theory, how does the fact its pre-established properties answer your question make it less believable?
have you just given up on logic?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2015, 07:54:29 AM »
Can we be done talking about your lack of knowledge of nuclear fusion? What are these other bodies? Do they have life? Can we travel to them through the auroras?

if you want to move on, i'm happy to. talking in circles isn't any more fun for me.

we know other planets and bodies exist, and it seems reasonable to assume that other flat bodies have formed (and by extension similar planetary systems). i can't say anything about what happens there, though it's possible life exists there.
aurora travel is conceivable also, i suppose, though the aether is far less stable at those points, as it clearly fluctuates. it's only partly seen, after all. that being said, it might be possible that the auroras will 'line up' more at certain times, very rarely, allowing full travel. that might explain creatures which exist on earth, yet follow no clearly defined evolutionary path.

First of all - you haven't explained how auroras work on your DFE model and repeating it infinitely doesn't make your idea true.
Second of all - every animal is defined by evolutionary paths, we just don't know exactly, but we know it CAN be defined by some probably true paths.

how have i not explained it? i suggest you go back to the first page of this thread, where i quite clearly explained what we observe as auroras come about, making no new assumptions about my model.
it is simply closed minded to say everything must have evolved here. there are many proposed creatures which do not quite seem to fit, often which have been observed enough to be sure they do exist, and yet don't exist in the quantities we would expect if they had truly evolve don earth.

i suspect

i have not personally been to the auroras, so i can say nothing for certain about their cause (or even if they exist), but they are easily explainable under dual earth theory. what part of that do you have a problem with?
i am not willing to discuss such creatures with you, as you've just been abrasive rather than open minded in other topics where they've come up.

other worlds, perhaps. it's absurd to think the earth is all that exists. they're viewed unclearly as the transmission isn't perfect at those points, but they're there.

You're unclear. What other worlds? Other universes? Other planets? How are other planets or universes affecting our atmosphere that it makes auroras?

other planets. it's because of aetheric transmission, i suggest you actually read the posts. this was explained.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2015, 07:58:51 AM »

i suspect

other planets. it's because of aetheric transmission, i suggest you actually read the posts. this was explained.

And how do other planets affect Earth?
"I hadn't known there are so many idiots on the world until I launched the Internet." ~ Stanisław Lem

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2015, 08:00:23 AM »

i suspect

what are you going on about now?

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2015, 08:01:45 AM »

i suspect

You've written that some distant planets affect our planet by affecting non-existing aetheric whirlpools and causing an aurora. And how do they affect?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2015, 08:03:57 AM »

i suspect

You've written that some distant planets affect our planet by affecting non-existing aetheric whirlpools and causing an aurora. And how do they affect?

what the hell are you talking about?! i've said the light from them is visible through thinner space. you're making this up as you go along.
don't even talk if you don't have a clue what you're talking about.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2015, 08:34:56 AM »

i suspect

what the hell are you talking about?! i've said the light from them is visible through thinner space. you're making this up as you go along.

Response is still the same - how the light visible through thinner space can affect our atmosphere to make auroras? If it was possible, then auroras would also be possible to observe near the equator.

Slemon

• Flat Earth Researcher
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2015, 08:36:40 AM »
How the light visible through thinner space can affect our atmosphere to make auroras?

Well for starters, JRowe doesn't believe there's an atmosphere.
We all know deep in our hearts that Jane is the last face we'll see before we're choked to death!

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2015, 10:56:05 AM »

i suspect

Response is still the same - how the light visible through thinner space can affect our atmosphere to make auroras? If it was possible, then auroras would also be possible to observe near the equator.

what on earth are you talking about? i've never said that happens. please read the thread. the very title makes it clear, i do not accept the existence of a fantasy such as air, so there is no atmosphere. the visible light and thinner aether is the aurora.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2015, 11:01:17 AM »

i suspect

what on earth are you talking about? i've never said that happens. please read the thread. the very title makes it clear, i do not accept the existence of a fantasy such as air, so there is no atmosphere. the visible light and thinner aether is the aurora.

If auroras are light mixed with thinner space, then why there are no auroras nearby equator? There is a thinner space also, according to you. And - if at poles there was a thinner space, why aren't we teleportated to another finish point of the place where the space is thin?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2015, 12:08:15 PM »

i suspect

If auroras are light mixed with thinner space, then why there are no auroras nearby equator? There is a thinner space also, according to you. And - if at poles there was a thinner space, why aren't we teleportated to another finish point of the place where the space is thin?

the aetheric whirlpools above the earth are centered at the poles, which are in the centers of the earth. if you look at a whirlpool, the center is smoother, pushed away: the center is the thinnest part, which is why auroras mainly occur at those points. it can occur elsewhere, but it is far rarer.
the auroras are not thin in the same was as the equator, it's constantly in motion there, which you can tell just from looking at an aurora. thinner space doesn't cause teleportation, it just means you can go further by crossing less distance. if an aurora is especially clear, it may be possible to travel further through it, but i don't know of anyone who routinely jumps into them, much less at the right times.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2015, 12:15:20 PM »

i suspect

the aetheric whirlpools above the earth are centered at the poles, which are in the centers of the earth. if you look at a whirlpool, the center is smoother, pushed away: the center is the thinnest part, which is why auroras mainly occur at those points. it can occur elsewhere, but it is far rarer.
the auroras are not thin in the same was as the equator, it's constantly in motion there, which you can tell just from looking at an aurora. thinner space doesn't cause teleportation, it just means you can go further by crossing less distance. if an aurora is especially clear, it may be possible to travel further through it, but i don't know of anyone who routinely jumps into them, much less at the right times.

Have you got anything more than assertion?

Misero

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2015, 12:25:28 PM »
I'm actually working on something in aftereffects about the aetheric whirlpools, it will simulate the attraction of the aetheric particles to each other. I'm going to improvise the math from what you've said, and I'm use normal gravitational constants, as no alternatives have been provided. We'll see if the suns manage to orbit around the earth disc and if the eddies appear.

Then I look at threads about clouds not existing and I go back to posting and lurking. Lurk moar.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:31 PM »
I'm actually working on something in aftereffects about the aetheric whirlpools, it will simulate the attraction of the aetheric particles to each other. I'm going to improvise the math from what you've said, and I'm use normal gravitational constants, as no alternatives have been provided. We'll see if the suns manage to orbit around the earth disc and if the eddies appear.

earth-based constants aren't going to be accurate as the attractive force will vary with density. that seems clear.

Misero

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2015, 12:33:02 PM »
Then provide a formula for the attraction and other things, unless you are afraid of your notion being debunked by the use of a relatively simple program.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2015, 12:35:46 PM »
Then provide a formula for the attraction and other things, unless you are afraid of your notion being debunked by the use of a relatively simple program.

what is wrong with you?!
sure, give me means to measure the attraction at the level of the sun and i will be more than happy to. asking for something that is physically impossible to get doesn't make you smart, it makes you an idiot.

Misero

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2015, 12:43:09 PM »
Except we don't need to go there to measure it. We use the sun's mass(we take it's size by using earthly tools and space telescopes, and then use the materials of the sun's densities to find it's mass. Then we plug that into the gravitational equation. It's not totally exact, but we're talking about the sun here, it's so insignifigant that it barely matters in our equations.
Now, what kind of equations do you have to find the gravitational constant between aetheric particles. (I'm calling it gravity, because it is gravity.)

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2015, 12:50:37 PM »
Except we don't need to go there to measure it. We use the sun's mass(we take it's size by using earthly tools and space telescopes, and then use the materials of the sun's densities to find it's mass. Then we plug that into the gravitational equation. It's not totally exact, but we're talking about the sun here, it's so insignifigant that it barely matters in our equations.
Now, what kind of equations do you have to find the gravitational constant between aetheric particles. (I'm calling it gravity, because it is gravity.)

you round earthers are just obsessed with semantics aren't you?
firstly, aether is not made up of particles. i cannot believe i still have to say that. it is space. it flows from areas of high pressure, to areas of low pressure, the same as anything. if you can calculate that flow (given that the gravitational constant is a flow from the surface of the earth to essentially zero pressure within the earth), go ahead, but i don't have the figures for how to calculate 'mass', or rather thickness, at those heights. if you can work out a way, i'll be glad to hear it.

Misero

« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2015, 12:53:32 PM »
Then looks like I'm going to need a fluid simulator, aren't I? Oh wait, every simulator uses particles. Every one. If aether is nothing but... what is something that isn't particles?

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2015, 12:58:13 PM »
Then looks like I'm going to need a fluid simulator, aren't I? Oh wait, every simulator uses particles. Every one. If aether is nothing but... what is something that isn't particles?

it is space. are we still going over that?
or are you now proposing space is made up of particles?

Misero

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2015, 01:08:22 PM »
My point is that I cannot test any of your claims of aether attracting to itself, as nothing can simulate it. It's impossible to test/simulate.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2015, 01:13:12 PM »
My point is that I cannot test any of your claims of aether attracting to itself, as nothing can simulate it. It's impossible to test/simulate.

it's not attracted to itself, that's the old model: it's the universal fact that space flows from areas of high pressure to areas of low. terrestrial aether, within the earth, is very thin, so space flows down into it. we can measure that flow on the earth's surface, and the resulting force. you can extrapolate from there, presumably.
if you want to simulate, i suggest a proof by contradiction. find what 'viscosity' of space would work to maintain the movements of the sun and planets, and how it compares to that of earth. it should be substantially thicker.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2015, 02:02:56 PM »

it's not attracted to itself, that's the old model: it's the universal fact that space flows from areas of high pressure to areas of low. terrestrial aether, within the earth, is very thin, so space flows down into it. we can measure that flow on the earth's surface, and the resulting force. you can extrapolate from there, presumably.
if you want to simulate, i suggest a proof by contradiction. find what 'viscosity' of space would work to maintain the movements of the sun and planets, and how it compares to that of earth. it should be substantially thicker.

Space doesn't flow from any areas because space is area itself.
Educate yourself.

Dog

• Literally a dog
« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2015, 02:14:48 PM »

Again, you're treating "space" as if it's made of particles. If it's really not made of particles as you say, then it can't "flow". It doesn't work that way.

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2015, 02:52:31 AM »

Again, you're treating "space" as if it's made of particles. If it's really not made of particles as you say, then it can't "flow". It doesn't work that way.

no i'm not. flow is a word which is the best choice to describe this. it is well known anything will move form high concentrations, to low. you can't criticize an analogy for not being perfect when analogy is all we have to visualize this kind of concept.

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2015, 04:53:27 AM »

no i'm not. flow is a word which is the best choice to describe this. it is well known anything will move form high concentrations, to low. you can't criticize an analogy for not being perfect when analogy is all we have to visualize this kind of concept.

If space is just space then how can it have a concentration?
Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by ignorance or stupidity.

?

LogicalKiller

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2015, 06:37:08 AM »

If space is just space then how can it have a concentration?

That's what is a problem - he says that space can be thicker or thinner, but where? Space is a limit, space is ultimate. Space doesn't lie on something, therefore it can't be thicker or thinner, and if space can't be thicker or thinner, therefore JRowe's dual Earth theory falls apart, the end.