Please explain satellite tracking

• 92 Replies
Re: Please explain satellite tracking
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 08:34:59 AM »
Unless JROA or someone else wants to continue debating the airplane theory, then we are back to zero in terms of alternate explanations for what orbiting satellites might be.  We are ready for your next proposal.
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 02:24:50 PM »
You can not calculate where and when an airplane will be days in advance?  Are you being serious?
Have you seen the on time statistics for airlines?
We are not discussing commercial airliners, markjo.

Unless JROA or someone else wants to continue debating the airplane theory, then we are back to zero in terms of alternate explanations for what orbiting satellites might be.  We are ready for your next proposal.

Meteors and flares also streak across the sky.  Truth is, you have no idea what exactly it is when you see some light go across the sky.  You only know what they tell you. 

« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 03:17:12 PM »
You can not calculate where and when an airplane will be days in advance?  Are you being serious?

Meteors and flares also streak across the sky.  Truth is, you have no idea what exactly it is when you see some light go across the sky.  You only know what they tell you.
Still no explanation with details of satellite broadcasting...  Hint, dish angles point to object at defined position.

?

General Patton

• Undefeated round earther
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 07:39:10 PM »

There is a HUGE difference between satellites and meteors. Meteors move way faster, satellites move slower.

And what do you mean by "they"? NASA is what I am thinking. You should always trust NASA.
It is so fun educating FE'rs who don't know anything.

« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2014, 01:43:01 AM »
Fantasy airliners?

Meteors and flares also streak across the sky.
Not according to a pre-defined timetable they don't.

Truth is, you have no idea what exactly it is when you see some light go across the sky.  You only know what they tell you.
Who is they?  Anyway, it's quite easy to see them, especially the ISS, with your own eyes.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 03:24:47 AM by JimmyTheCrab »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

tappet

« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2014, 02:33:10 AM »

There is a HUGE difference between satellites and meteors. Meteors move way faster, satellites move slower.
Why do meteors move way faster than satellites?
Is the excessive speed caused by gravity?

?

General Patton

« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2014, 06:25:16 AM »

There is no difference between gravity and orbiting.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 06:40:46 AM by General Patton »

?

Goth

« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 06:37:05 AM »

There is a difference between gravity and orbiting.

Could you please explain this in detail to us,

?

General Patton

« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 06:41:30 AM »

There is a difference between gravity and orbiting.

Could you please explain this in detail to us,
Meteors fly through space from impacts with other planets, moons, etc. SOMETIMES if they get too close, they will catch orbit on Earth. Satellites simply orbit the Earth, while meteors come in very fast, that is why they are called "shooting stars". Also fixed that mistake.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2014, 07:14:40 AM by General Patton »

ausGeoff

« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2014, 02:59:24 AM »

If you could magically "calculate" where any airplane will be in a few days hence, you'd be in line for a Nobel Prize in physics jroa.  Why?

—For having invented a time-travel machine.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2014, 12:04:40 AM »
You see a little light in the sky and assume it is a satellite because that is what they tell you it is.  Truth is, you have no idea what is making that light shine.
But we can PREDICT when we'll see it, if they were just random lights we wouldn't know when we'd see them.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2014, 12:15:07 AM »
I messed up when I said pseudolites.  I was posting in several different threads at the same time.

What I was implying is that a light shooting across the sky could be anything at all.  You only assume it is a satellite because that is what they tell you it is.

Ok, so it's not a pseudolite.  So give us one -- just one! -- example of what it could be?

An airplane.

If the object in the sky can be seen from two different places in the sky at to different times you can use the distance and time difference to calculate the speed, and then the height.
Therefore, a plane can only be in the right place a tiny fraction of the time.

And anyway through binoculars it can easily be seen to not be a plane.

ausGeoff

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2014, 05:06:17 AM »

I note that jroa never returned to explain to us exactly how he can determine the location of an airplane "days in advance".  It's apparently a skill that only flat earthers currently possess, so I'd be interested in him sharing it with us round earthers.

—That's if he can.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2014, 09:15:52 AM »
You see a little light in the sky and assume it is a satellite because that is what they tell you it is.  Truth is, you have no idea what is making that light shine.
But we can PREDICT when we'll see it, if they were just random lights we wouldn't know when we'd see them.

I did not say they were random lights.  I said that there are lights moving in the sky, and you have no idea what they are other than what you are told.  Do you think the conspiracy does not have the means to cause a light to streak across the sky at a time of their choosing? 

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2014, 09:21:56 AM »
Do you think the conspiracy does not have the means to cause a light to streak across the sky at a time of their choosing?
No, I don't believe the made-up-conspiracy has that capability.  Then again, when you are making things up you can just give them magical powers.

It also wouldn't' be at the time of their choosing - it would have to be exactly as the models for satellite orbits predict.  Easily verifiable via a online satellite tracker.

if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2014, 09:28:23 AM »
The conspiracy would only need to streak lights across the sky for a short time after sunset and a short time before sunrise.  They don't have to do it all the time. 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2014, 10:47:32 AM »
The conspiracy would only need to streak lights across the sky for a short time after sunset and a short time before sunrise.  They don't have to do it all the time.

Why only after sunset and before sunrise.  Satellites are visible all night if they are passing overhead.  And it is always night somewhere.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2014, 11:04:50 AM »
The conspiracy would only need to streak lights across the sky for a short time after sunset and a short time before sunrise.
Well, that's bullshit, as Rama pointed out.

At the right time of the year, you can actually stay out and watch the ISS pass over every 90 minutes all night.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2014, 11:37:25 AM »

Are you suggesting that it's not always sunset AND sunrise, somewhere on Earth?
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?

« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2014, 03:14:06 PM »
And how exactly would "the conspiracy" create these lights?  Flashlights? Lasers? Fireflies?  (Be advised that a one word response to this question won't cut it.  If your answer is lasers, for example, please elaborate on how that might work.)
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #50 on: September 06, 2014, 07:03:56 AM »

Why only after sunset and before sunrise.  Satellites are visible all night if they are passing overhead.  And it is always night somewhere.

At the right time of the year, you can actually stay out and watch the ISS pass over every 90 minutes all night.

This is incorrect.  They are only visible shortly after sunset and shortly before sunrise.  You should learn about your own satellite theory. 

If you have ever star-gazed shortly after sunset or before sunrise, you have probably noticed one or two "stars" sailing gracefully across the sky.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #51 on: September 06, 2014, 08:37:18 AM »

This is incorrect.  They are only visible shortly after sunset and shortly before sunrise.  You should learn about your own satellite theory. 

If you have ever star-gazed shortly after sunset or before sunrise, you have probably noticed one or two "stars" sailing gracefully across the sky.

This is not strictly true. Only a general rule. Maybe you should learn our theory.

http://m.space.com/6870-spot-satellites.html

Nights are now the shortest and the time that a satellite in a low-Earth-orbit (like the ISS) can remain illuminated by the Sun can extend throughout the night, a situation that can never be attained during other times of the year. 

Even if what you were saying were strictly true, it is still always sunrise or sunset somewhere on Earth meaning this division of The ConspiracyTM would have to operate 24/7
« Last Edit: September 06, 2014, 08:40:10 AM by Rama Set »
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

?

11cookeaw1

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2014, 11:37:33 PM »
Note that Low earth satellites move at over 7KM/s.
A satellite and a plane are going to be in vastly different places are just a few minutes.

ausGeoff

« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2014, 02:18:22 AM »
I did not say they were random lights.  I said that there are lights moving in the sky, and you have no idea what they are other than what you are told.  Do you think the conspiracy does not have the means to cause a light to streak across the sky at a time of their choosing?

Can you tell us exactly how the "conspiracy" produces these lights?  What mechanism would generate them, and how would they be positioned so precisely and regularly?    Remember too that earlier on you claimed that man-made satellites don't exist.  So these lights would have to be generated by some earth-bound source and projected somehow would they not?  If that's the case, then by what means are they reflected back towards earth?  And from what geographic locations on earth would they be situated?

« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2014, 03:38:52 AM »

This is incorrect. 
No, it isn't.  I have seen the ISS in the middle of the night myself.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2014, 05:49:50 AM »

This is incorrect. 

How could you see the ISS in the middle of the night when anything within your field of view would be in the Earth's shadow?  Perhaps they turned on the headlights?  Or, maybe this is just more proof that the Earth is really flat? 

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2014, 06:29:47 AM »

This is incorrect. 

How could you see the ISS in the middle of the night when anything within your field of view would be in the Earth's shadow?  Perhaps they turned on the headlights?  Or, maybe this is just more proof that the Earth is really flat?

Do not mistake your inability to comprehend geometry with proof of anything.

« Reply #57 on: September 07, 2014, 06:58:25 AM »
No, it's proof that you haven't got a clue what you are talking about.  Although I think that particular debate was settled some time ago.

Every early June in the northern hemisphere (December in the southern), the International Space Station (ISS) can be observed on multiple passes from dusk till dawn. Taking only 90 minute to circle Earth, the station is normally visible once or twice a night during twilight, when it catches the sun’s rays 250 miles up and glimmers brightly against a darkening sky.

Passes continue through the night – yep, it’s up there – but we can’t see the football field-sized satellite because it’s in Earth’s shadow. The sun has set for the astronauts; they look out the window and admire the sparkling lights of cities below and stars above.

That all changes for a week or two around the summer solstice thanks to our planet’s tilted axis and the highly inclined orbit of the ISS. The space station’s orbit is tipped up at an angle of 51.6 degrees to the Earth’s equator. That means it visible anywhere on the ground between 52 degrees north and south of the equator – a vast region that includes 90% of humanity.

During northern hemisphere summer, Earth’s north pole is tilted 23.5 degrees toward the sun. When combined with the space station’s steep orbital tilt, the ISS manages to avoid Earth’s shadow, remaining in constant sunlight during its entire orbit. For a daydreaming astronaut staring out the cupola windows, the sun never sets. He watches it drop to edge of the globe and then rise right back up again. Watch the video above and you’ll see what I mean.

- See more at: http://astrobob.areavoices.com/2013/06/02/space-station-marathon-week-an-excuse-to-stay-up-all-night/#sthash.WVAWiS5C.dpuf

It's almost as if the world is round.... ::)

« Reply #58 on: September 07, 2014, 07:51:39 AM »
Bright satellites can be seen during the day if you use a telescope that can track them based on orbit predictions. The ISS is the brightest out there and easy to recognize.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2014, 06:21:14 AM »
Bright satellites can be seen during the day if you use a telescope that can track them based on orbit predictions. The ISS is the brightest out there and easy to recognize.

Great.  When did you do this?  Please, post some of your pics.  Thanks.