So I guess Buzz Aldrin is still brainwashed

• 887 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: So I guess Buzz Aldrin is still brainwashed
« Reply #480 on: September 27, 2014, 04:19:51 PM »
Why are no mainstream sources more valid than regular sources? If minority sources were valid, they wouldn't be minority sources. So basically you're asking for anything other than a valid source. What determines whether a source is media controlled? And then you say that you have to be satisfied with my evidence. We both know you will not be satisfied. That above all is what makes your challenge unfalsifiable.

My challenge is quite simple. You see, all I need is proof of what is claimed, then I can kick my house of conspiracy cards down and stamp on them, never to rebuild.
Knock down my cards with some undeniable proof.

?

blnjms

• Just another RE'er
« Reply #481 on: September 27, 2014, 06:25:07 PM »
Why are no mainstream sources more valid than regular sources? If minority sources were valid, they wouldn't be minority sources. So basically you're asking for anything other than a valid source. What determines whether a source is media controlled? And then you say that you have to be satisfied with my evidence. We both know you will not be satisfied. That above all is what makes your challenge unfalsifiable.

My challenge is quite simple. You see, all I need is proof of what is claimed, then I can kick my house of conspiracy cards down and stamp on them, never to rebuild.

Scepti: listen to me and listen to me hard: THE PROOF OF WHAT IS CLAIMED HAS BEEN PROVIDED ALREADY and you missed the boat. If the only thing that will convince you of RE is a personal space flight, then you better find a bunch of money somewhere because most, if not all, of us in these forums can't afford that. I wonder why if the famous (and purportedly rich) Thomas Dolby is a FE'er, he doesn't use some of HIS money to prove/disprove FE. Anyway, RE/space travel proof has been provided as far as I'm concerned, and you, Scepti, have rejected it. There's nothing more I or any average person can do for you. You have to find a sugar daddy to fund your space voyage. I wish I could afford that. When you get the funding, don't waste it but use it for RE/FE research! I'm being facetious because you're probably just a poor slob like me.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #482 on: September 27, 2014, 06:35:30 PM »

You are capable of denying anything you want.
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

ausGeoff

« Reply #483 on: September 28, 2014, 02:59:56 AM »
Now, if you can prove to me that Buzz Aldrin walked on the moon and even that God exists, I will seriously change my stance...as long as I'm satisfied with your evidence.

This single phrase indicates that sceptimatic has absolutely NO idea of informal logic.  That he conflates Aldrin's walk on the moon with the alleged existence of a supernatural entity will, I'm sure, provide many hours of amusement for anybody versed in philosophy and/or science.

Nobody needs to "prove" to sceptimatic that Aldrin and others walked on the moon;  there's literally thousands of pages of technical evidence, photographic and film footage, and actual non-terrestrial soil and rock samples to more than adequately prove it.  If sceptimatic stubbornly chooses to claim it never happened, then the onus of proof lies with him—as an opponent of the status quo.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #484 on: September 28, 2014, 03:49:06 AM »
Scepti: listen to me and listen to me hard: THE PROOF OF WHAT IS CLAIMED HAS BEEN PROVIDED ALREADY and you missed the boat.
No, it hasn't. Explanations have been provided, not physical proof. If physical proof has been provided for you then name me those proofs.

If the only thing that will convince you of RE is a personal space flight, then you better find a bunch of money somewhere because most, if not all, of us in these forums can't afford that.
I never mentioned a personal space flight. Read what I said. I said, all I need for proof, is to see astronauts get into a rocket with me being as close as possible to it, watching them enter it and be locked inside, then launch. That's all I would need. As far as I know, it should be easy to achieve on a small budget, as in simply travelling expenses to the launch area and the usage of their ultra brilliant optics to ensure I see enough evidence with my own eyes in REAL time.

I wonder why if the famous (and purportedly rich) Thomas Dolby is a FE'er, he doesn't use some of HIS money to prove/disprove FE.
I don't know. I don't know how serious this person is. Maybe he just goes with it and that's that, not wishing to make any real bones about it.

Anyway, RE/space travel proof has been provided as far as I'm concerned, and you, Scepti, have rejected it.
Then show me the physical proof. Showing me pictures and film footage is not proof, nor is listening to stories. Your own eyes, physical proof is what should convince you, so where is it?

There's nothing more I or any average person can do for you.
That's fine, I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me.

You have to find a sugar daddy to fund your space voyage. I wish I could afford that. When you get the funding, don't waste it but use it for RE/FE research! I'm being facetious because you're probably just a poor slob like me.
I'm not interested in any so called space voyage. Just knowing these rockets as we are told, can get off the launch pad with people in would be enough to convince me.

ausGeoff

« Reply #485 on: September 28, 2014, 04:49:46 AM »
Scepti: listen to me and listen to me hard: THE PROOF OF WHAT IS CLAIMED HAS BEEN PROVIDED ALREADY and you missed the boat.
No, it hasn't. Explanations have been provided, not physical proof. If physical proof has been provided for you then name me those proofs.
The numerous extraterrestrial rock and soil samples that have been brought back by the Apollo missions, and which appear nowhere on the surface of the earth.  As have extraterrestrial rock and soil samples from Mars.

I wonder why if the famous (and purportedly rich) Thomas Dolby is a FE'er, he doesn't use some of HIS money to prove/disprove FE.
I don't know how serious this person is. Maybe he just goes with it and that's that, not wishing to make any real bones about it.
Hehe...  The standard flat earth escape clause.  "It's no big deal".  Well done sceptimatic; right on cue LOL.

Anyway, RE/space travel proof has been provided as far as I'm concerned, and you, Scepti, have rejected it.
Then show me the physical proof. Showing me pictures and film footage is not proof, nor is listening to stories. Your own eyes, physical proof is what should convince you, so where is it?
So where is your proof of a flat earth?  What sort of "physical" proof would satisfy you?  And what's so funny is that you flat earthers don't even have any pictures or film footage (bogus or otherwise) and yet you demand even more from the round earthers.  Truly laughable.

You constantly refute any/all evidence unequivocally proving that the earth is spherical, but at the same time, you can present not one single piece of tangible evidence to even suggest that the earth may be flat.  So until you can provide some sort of empirical evidence supporting your flat earth claims, the status quo has to remain, that is, the earth is an oblate spheroid.

« Reply #486 on: September 28, 2014, 05:22:05 AM »
Which I already explained. I'm well aware it's not concrete in any way.
Yes, it's just innuendo.  So stop bringing it up.

Put it this way - if someone was at your door selling you expensive watches or TV and equipment acting like those clowns, would you part with your cash in the full knowledge that what you are paying for is the real deal?
The reasons I wouldn't buy watches off someone on my doorstep would have absolutely nothing to do with their body language. 

Lets put it another way: if someone came round selling watches and TV equipment on your doorstep and their patter and body language looked great, would you buy their stuff?  If you did, you'd be a fucking idiot.  Conmen wouldn't be very good at their job if they looked shifty and dodgy all the time, would they?

As I say, it's impossible to judge if someone is lying buy their body language - you've watched to many episodes of CSI and started thinking that shit is real.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

ausGeoff

« Reply #487 on: September 28, 2014, 05:36:19 AM »
I had to laugh at how confidently sceptimatic rebuts Buzz Aldrin and his peers by using his "knowledge" of what he calls body language.

I can only suggest he reads this debunking of a craze that was popular on TV shows in the 1970s.

Psychology Today: Body Language Myths.

sceptimatic again proves the old adage that "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing".    ;D

?

blnjms

• Just another RE'er
« Reply #488 on: September 28, 2014, 06:37:41 AM »

If the only thing that will convince you of RE is a personal space flight, then you better find a bunch of money somewhere because most, if not all, of us in these forums can't afford that.
I never mentioned a personal space flight. Read what I said. I said, all I need for proof, is to see astronauts get into a rocket with me being as close as possible to it, watching them enter it and be locked inside, then launch. That's all I would need. As far as I know, it should be easy to achieve on a small budget, as in simply travelling expenses to the launch area and the usage of their ultra brilliant optics to ensure I see enough evidence with my own eyes in REAL time.

I don't know. I don't know how serious this person is. Maybe he just goes with it and that's that, not wishing to make any real bones about it.

There's nothing more I or any average person can do for you.
That's fine, I'm not asking anyone to do anything for me.

You have to find a sugar daddy to fund your space voyage. I wish I could afford that. When you get the funding, don't waste it but use it for RE/FE research! I'm being facetious because you're probably just a poor slob like me.
I'm not interested in any so called space voyage. Just knowing these rockets as we are told, can get off the launch pad with people in would be enough to convince me.

These rockets HAVE gotten off the launch pad with people in them SINCE THE 1960s and THERE'S PLENTY OF FILM FOOTAGE OF THAT AND MORE. If you aren't convinced by now but don't believe you need to "go up" in a rocket, what's left? A trip to Florida? Yes, go to Cape Canaveral (Kennedy Space Center) or NASA and study their modus operandi for yourself. Sadly, I don't think that you'll ever be convinced and you'll stay in your little, "Scepti" mind. Sorry, FE'ers: Scepti is not helping your case. I suggest you muzzle him.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 06:40:27 AM by blnjms »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #489 on: September 28, 2014, 07:21:03 AM »

The reasons I wouldn't buy watches off someone on my doorstep would have absolutely nothing to do with their body language. 
How many smooth talking salesmen/women have convinced you to buy a product? I'd say many times, like all of us. How many have you walked away from because their stance and body language have set alarms bells ringing? Probably many. Deny this if you want but that's what I'm getting at.
Lets put it another way: if someone came round selling watches and TV equipment on your doorstep and their patter and body language looked great, would you buy their stuff?  If you did, you'd be a fucking idiot.  Conmen wouldn't be very good at their job if they looked shifty and dodgy all the time, would they?
If someone came to my door selling stuff, it would depend on what they were selling if they were good salespeople with the patter. Anyone doing it that appeared shifty, wouldn't get a thought, except "no thanks" and the door slammed shut.
As I say, it's impossible to judge if someone is lying buy their body language - you've watched to many episodes of CSI and started thinking that shit is real.
No, it's not impossible to judge. It's entirely possible to give a person a reasonable doubt as to their authenticity. Fair anough, it's not concrete but it is a massive yardstick and no I don't watch CSI.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #490 on: September 28, 2014, 07:30:49 AM »
These rockets HAVE gotten off the launch pad with people in them SINCE THE 1960s and THERE'S PLENTY OF FILM FOOTAGE OF THAT AND MORE.
There's many films out tehre on space travel, which ones are real? is it the ones that are not sold to us as FILMS?

If you aren't convinced by now but don't believe you need to "go up" in a rocket, what's left? A trip to Florida? Yes, go to Cape Canaveral (Kennedy Space Center) or NASA and study their modus operandi for yourself.
Yes, this would be fine. What chances do I have of seeing this close up? I'd hazrd a guess at, ZERO.

Sadly, I don't think that you'll ever be convinced and you'll stay in your little, "Scepti" mind. Sorry, FE'ers: Scepti is not helping your case. I suggest you muzzle him.
What has this got to do with a flat Earth?
You're panicking, what's the matter?

?

blnjms

• Just another RE'er
« Reply #491 on: September 28, 2014, 07:36:26 AM »
These rockets HAVE gotten off the launch pad with people in them SINCE THE 1960s and THERE'S PLENTY OF FILM FOOTAGE OF THAT AND MORE.
There's many films out tehre on space travel, which ones are real? is it the ones that are not sold to us as FILMS?

If you aren't convinced by now but don't believe you need to "go up" in a rocket, what's left? A trip to Florida? Yes, go to Cape Canaveral (Kennedy Space Center) or NASA and study their modus operandi for yourself.
Yes, this would be fine. What chances do I have of seeing this close up? I'd hazrd a guess at, ZERO.

Sadly, I don't think that you'll ever be convinced and you'll stay in your little, "Scepti" mind. Sorry, FE'ers: Scepti is not helping your case. I suggest you muzzle him.

I'm panicking??? What??? I'm just saying that you CAN go to Cape Canaveral and NASA because surely there are tours and such. And you CAN see launches into space and consider that perhaps all this is TOO BIG and has lasted TOO LONG to be a conspiracy. I find RE and space travel much more credible than whatever conspiracy theory about those you people are spouting.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #492 on: September 28, 2014, 07:45:39 AM »

I'm panicking??? What??? I'm just saying that you CAN go to Cape Canaveral and NASA because surely there are tours and such. And you CAN see launches into space and consider that perhaps all this is TOO BIG and has lasted TOO LONG to be a conspiracy. I find RE and space travel much more credible than whatever conspiracy theory about those you people are spouting.
You appear to be panicking by appealing to flat Earth authority telling them I'm hindering their legitimacy when all along it's you people that are not only hindering it, you're downright ridiculing it. One thing I'm not doing, because I have my own theory and certainly do not engage the flat Earther's to put them down for their thoughts.
Let me bring you up to speed. The flat Earth theorists in the main can't stand me and want me gone, they just don't want to force me out by the use of ban buttons and hope I will simply just fade away, so don't be panicking about them being on my side. They are more on your side than mine.  ;D
Anyway, that being said. You stick to your rockets in space stuff and I'll stick to my stance on it being a big hoax on a grand scale.

?

blnjms

• Just another RE'er
« Reply #493 on: September 28, 2014, 07:58:20 AM »

You appear to be panicking by appealing to flat Earth authority telling them I'm hindering their legitimacy when all along it's you people that are not only hindering it, you're downright ridiculing it. One thing I'm not doing, because I have my own theory and certainly do not engage the flat Earther's to put them down for their thoughts.
Let me bring you up to speed. The flat Earth theorists in the main can't stand me and want me gone, they just don't want to force me out by the use of ban buttons and hope I will simply just fade away, so don't be panicking about them being on my side. They are more on your side than mine.  ;D
Anyway, that being said. You stick to your rockets in space stuff and I'll stick to my stance on it being a big hoax on a grand scale.

Well, you are a flat-earther, even if not in league with the other FE'ers here. I will stick to my rockets in space stuff for sure and put my good name behind it all the way. I don't see a reason to change my mind and you haven't helped your case with your ideas. I'm not saying that you're stupid, necessarily, but oh so stubborn in the face of (to me) overwhelming evidence of RE/space travel.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 08:00:51 AM by blnjms »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #494 on: September 28, 2014, 08:55:11 AM »

Well, you are a flat-earther, even if not in league with the other FE'ers here. I will stick to my rockets in space stuff for sure and put my good name behind it all the way. I don't see a reason to change my mind and you haven't helped your case with your ideas. I'm not saying that you're stupid, necessarily, but oh so stubborn in the face of (to me) overwhelming evidence of RE/space travel.
Yep, I'm stubborn which is a good trait to have because it stops me blindly following mass opinion on stuff that is not proven.

?

blnjms

• Just another RE'er
« Reply #495 on: September 28, 2014, 09:05:17 AM »

Yep, I'm stubborn which is a good trait to have because it stops me blindly following mass opinion on stuff that is not proven.

Your stubbornness has taken you too far to the extreme. This "unproven" stuff HAS been proven--you just refuse to see the proof. I'm not blindly following anything because when I was a child I had trouble with RE, but over time, the evidence (yes, provided by others) was sufficient for me to understand gravity, at first, and the rest fell into place. Once you grasp gravity, a step that you and the other FE'ers have missed, the rest (RE/space travel) makes sense.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #496 on: September 28, 2014, 03:14:20 PM »
How's your Russian?  Since they're about the only ones currently sending up astronauts (cosmonauts) on a regular basis, you might want to talk with them to see what they can do to hook you up.  As I recall, they also let observers a lot closer to the launch pad than the Americans do.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

QuQu

« Reply #497 on: September 29, 2014, 12:37:32 AM »
Visit to Baikonur is not that expensive. And yes, you can reserve visitor place for the next manned launch.

« Reply #498 on: September 29, 2014, 04:41:12 AM »

Sceptimatic: So you believe only those things that you have personally experienced or seen with you own eyes, right?  You have probably never seen any of the following:  blue whales, nuclear-powered submarines, Barack Obama.  Do you believe that these things/people exist?  If you do, aren't you just accepting what government, the media and other authorities are telling you?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

ausGeoff

« Reply #499 on: September 29, 2014, 04:58:02 AM »
You appear to be panicking by appealing to flat Earth authority telling them I'm hindering their legitimacy when all along it's you people that are not only hindering it, you're downright ridiculing it.

I hate to tell you this sceptimatic, but the plethora of absolutely unbelievable, nonsensical comments you've posted all over these forums is one of the major reasons that the credibility of the flat earth movement is so often questioned.  Haven't you yet recognised the fact that all the other flat earthers here regard you as a loose cannon, and only damaging their cause?  Do you not understand that we all—round earthers and flat earthers alike—regard your IQ as being less than Bozo the clown's?  And do you seriously believe that even one single person here takes any notice at all of your endless, self-centred ramblings and crazy theories?

« Reply #500 on: September 29, 2014, 05:26:14 AM »
blue whales, nuclear-powered submarines,
He also pretends nuclear power doesn't exist either....

He likes denying stuff 'cos it makes him seem all clever, well in his own head anyway.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #501 on: September 29, 2014, 05:50:50 AM »
blue whales, nuclear-powered submarines,
He also pretends nuclear power doesn't exist either....

He likes denying stuff 'cos it makes him seem all clever, well in his own head anyway.

What could be more important when you live in a van down by the river?
Aether is the  characteristic of action or inaction of charged  & noncharged particals.

« Reply #502 on: September 29, 2014, 06:08:34 AM »
Ok, just so that we don't give Scepti an excuse to go off on a tangent, let's remove nuclear-powered submarines from the list. 

So, Scepti, do you believe that blue whales and Barack Obama exist?  If so, how can you believe they exist if you haven't seen them?
Sceptimatic is a proven liar - he claims to have authored several books but won't reveal their names.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #503 on: September 29, 2014, 07:09:53 AM »
How's your Russian?  Since they're about the only ones currently sending up astronauts (cosmonauts) on a regular basis, you might want to talk with them to see what they can do to hook you up.  As I recall, they also let observers a lot closer to the launch pad than the Americans do.
As you recall? who actually told you this?
Also, assuming you know the score about it all, can I view the cosmonauts actaully getting into the rocket with my own eyes and watch them take off, with my own eyes - not by looking at a screen, but by looking in real time in open air through binoculars or something?
Standing me a few miles away with a magnifying glass will not convince me of anything.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #504 on: September 29, 2014, 07:12:36 AM »
Visit to Baikonur is not that expensive. And yes, you can reserve visitor place for the next manned launch.
And you know all about this, right?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #505 on: September 29, 2014, 07:21:22 AM »

Sceptimatic: So you believe only those things that you have personally experienced or seen with you own eyes, right?  You have probably never seen any of the following:  blue whales, nuclear-powered submarines, Barack Obama.  Do you believe that these things/people exist?  If you do, aren't you just accepting what government, the media and other authorities are telling you?
This argument gets used time and time again and it's a silly argument to be honest.
There are many things in life that I accept. I accept them because I can actually go and verify them if I wish.
Having said that, I have no wish to verify things that do not strike me as being faked or peak my interest.

I do question things that appear to be borne, more of fantasy or sheer dis-info/mis-info, or potential blatant lies.
Much if not all of this stuff is usually classified as top secret.

You and anyone else can sit there all day long and tell me that this and that exists because you have been there and seen it with your own eyes, but the truth is, you haven't.
The best you can do is to assume what you are told is genuine, based on no more than the study of what has been put on a plate for you to feed off, of which you accept, unconditionally as a fact with no requirement of physical evidence for verification of this supposed fact.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #506 on: September 29, 2014, 07:24:12 AM »

The first program:

The first program is Tour to Baikonur during the Launch of Manned Space Flight. We give you the opportunity of standing only 5 meters from the Soyuz rocket, when the great doors of the Baikonur Cosmodrome Soyuz integration hall, open and the space rocket is being transported on a special track to the Gagarinksy launch pad, which is 2 kilometers away. You will see the bravest people in the world – the Cosmonauts, who are ready to leave the Earth and fly away to the unknown stars. Just think where you would be standing when rocket blasts off from only 2 km in away! Who knows, maybe the next flight would be with you on board! Please see the Itinerary of this trip.

Price per person for Tour to Baikonur is 3,300 EURO.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #507 on: September 29, 2014, 07:34:46 AM »
I hate to tell you this sceptimatic, but the plethora of absolutely unbelievable, nonsensical comments you've posted all over these forums is one of the major reasons that the credibility of the flat earth movement is so often questioned.
Considering my theory is totally different to the theory of the flat Earth theorists in their various takes, I'd say that I can only do damage to my own theory. On that note, Geoffrey, you will have to choose another avenue to take to gain the ban you seek for me.  ;D

Haven't you yet recognised the fact that all the other flat earthers here regard you as a loose cannon, and only damaging their cause?
I'm well aware that most flat Earth theorists do not like me, nor want me here. That's not my problem. I'm here and posting fairly consistently under the rules and making no more errors against those than anyone else...and much less than some, including yourself. :P

Do you not understand that we all—round earthers and flat earthers alike—regard your IQ as being less than Bozo the clown's?
I'm happy you take so much notice. Each post you make just wears me down, Geoffrey, I hope you realise this. I'd say, if you keep at me for the next 10 million years, you will succeed in wearing me down enough to claim some kind of victory. Keep up the good work, Geoffrey.  ;D

And do you seriously believe that even one single person here takes any notice at all of your endless, self-centred ramblings and crazy theories?
What people believe or take from what I say is entirely up to them. It may have escaped your notice, Geoffrey - but I do not know anyone from here, let alone read minds, so what I type is simply what's on my mind which may or may not give food for thought to anyone looking at it. Happy digging, Geoffrey.  ;D

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #508 on: September 29, 2014, 07:57:13 AM »

The first program:

The first program is Tour to Baikonur during the Launch of Manned Space Flight. We give you the opportunity of standing only 5 meters from the Soyuz rocket, when the great doors of the Baikonur Cosmodrome Soyuz integration hall, open and the space rocket is being transported on a special track to the Gagarinksy launch pad, which is 2 kilometers away. You will see the bravest people in the world – the Cosmonauts, who are ready to leave the Earth and fly away to the unknown stars. Just think where you would be standing when rocket blasts off from only 2 km in away! Who knows, maybe the next flight would be with you on board! Please see the Itinerary of this trip.

Price per person for Tour to Baikonur is 3,300 EURO.
Thanks for taking the time to put that up.
I might just sign up for this - it could be interesting indeed, as long as I can get footage of what I said earlier on.
You see, a mile away is a long distance to actually see cosmonauts enter into a rocket without exiting before launch.
Anyway, having said that, I noticed something interesting...see what you think.
Here's a portion of text from your site you put up.
There are not many places in the world where you can experience this type of drama. We offer you the chance of visiting the legendary Russian cosmodrome at "Baikonur," in Kazhakhztan, where the history of space exploration started many years ago. The first satellite in the world, "Sputnik," was launched in 1957, from Cosmodrome Baikonur and since the first manned space flight of Yuri A. Gagarin on 12th April 1961, there have been over 1,200 spacecraft launched from here.

1957 to present day is 57 years. That means approximately 21 rockets were launched each year, every year for 57 years to present day...OR...to put it more simply, one space rocket launch every 2 weeks, roughly.
Does this seem plausible to you, seriously?

Do they simply forget themselves when they say these things?

You pay a fortune to go to Disneyland and get told about seeing mickey mouse and all the other characters.
Maybe this is a similar version where they show you the big model stood up which is made of composite materials covering a ballistic missile which is only launched when you're over a mile away or whatever.

Possible right?
The proof in the pudding is in the eating I suppose.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 08:01:35 AM by sceptimatic »

Rama Set

• I am also an engineer
« Reply #509 on: September 29, 2014, 08:21:09 AM »
Or maybe if there is one or more satellites launched on a rocket, those are also included in the count.  So a rocket that has 3 satellites on it would be 4 spacecraft.

Also possible, so keep your mind open.