What would change your mind?

• 5620 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: What would change your mind?
« Reply #4890 on: May 07, 2021, 03:31:38 AM »

So in your imagined world, there are a group of "Navigators" who provide patterns for travel?  Cool.

Do they have a secret "true" map of the world to use?
Of course there'll be a group of people who set out navigational routes based on mapping out.
It's just that they are not mapping any globe.

« Reply #4891 on: May 07, 2021, 03:39:35 AM »

So in your imagined world, there are a group of "Navigators" who provide patterns for travel?  Cool.

Of course there'll be a group of people who set out navigational routes based on mapping out.

So in your imagined world, someone has the true map of the world?   

Is this how they prevent anyone from seeing the Dome in the south or the Magic Crystal in the north?  They give out fake navigation patterns to keep people from traveling in the wrong direction? 

I guess these "Navigators" are part of your imagined conspiracy and indoctrination effort?

« Reply #4892 on: May 07, 2021, 03:47:43 AM »

What???  You seriously think that when people look out over the water, they think the water rises up like a hump in front of them???

I'm sure you can grasp it.
If you're stood on a ball and looking at something in the distance, on that ball you have to be tilted and so does the object you are looking towards.
No matter where you would be on a ball you would be looking over a curve that is down and away from you. If a person was looking right back at you from a distance then that person would also be looking  over a curve that is down an away from their view.

It means that, to an observer  at it, that observer would see two people tilted backward whilst facing each other and if they were looking horizontally level toward each other, then they would never see each others eyes.

Im not sure where the upward hump of water you said we all believe in comes in?  From your description above it would seem the water would always curve down from level sight, never up?

And back to the point that for some reason you really, really, really dont want to address -

How much tilt would be there be relative to the objects on the sphere, and WHY? 

Is it a lot?  A tiny amount?  A MASSIVE!11! amount?  How do you know how much tilt there is?

You seem to go just by feeling and intuition, right?  Unless there is some other method that you dont want to discuss?  A magical seer or something?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4893 on: May 07, 2021, 03:55:01 AM »

No.

Quote from: sobchak

Is this how they prevent anyone from seeing the Dome in the south or the Magic Crystal in the north?
We see the dome on a regular basis, or shall I say what's reflected off it.
As for preventing anyone getting to the centre of Earth, it can't happen.
As fr flights avoiding it. They can't do anything else but to avoid.

They give out fake navigation patterns to keep people from traveling in the wrong direction?
Not fake, no. Just patterns that fit the terrain they have planes fly over.

I guess these "Navigators" are part of your imagined conspiracy and indoctrination effort?
Most people won't know what's what. Very few will know the bigger picture. All we can do is follow the story (you) or question it (me).

« Reply #4894 on: May 07, 2021, 03:58:32 AM »

The best thing to do if you want to understand, even if you sit back and laugh,....is to put your global model to the side of your brain; file it away under, to be adhered to once alternate theory is understood. Or something like that.

To understand my theory you need to start at the beginning.
You need to understand how low pressure works from my side.
You need to understand how molecules work from my side.

You then need to start doing a jigsaw, ensuring you have all the pieces handed to you, in the places selected for you to see the alternate picture to the one you have filed away.

Now here's the key.
You're not going to get anywhere if you ride on the back of those who cannot, will not understand and prefer ridicule.
You will never understand if you put barriers up at every answer.

You will understand if you try your utmost to see it from my side.
What you do with that when you feel you understand it, is entirely up to you but it will save you a lot of time just throwing in comments like you do and taking many steps back, like Kabool and Jackblack, etc, who think attempted ridicule will gain them some kind of upper hand.

It's meat and drink to me.

If you want to carry on the way you're going then, I'm absolutely fine with it and you'll need to be fine with the same stuff you're getting.

If it interests you then put the effort in and don't ride the coat tails of the posse. Ride your own machine and follow your own track.

A lot of pleading here
However you constantly scoff ialwasy revert back to the beginning.

Because guess what

Your theory never leaves the beginning
It stays in the beginning because you never complete a thought or finalize a proof.

Draw the circle.
Draw the triangle.
Put them together.

« Reply #4895 on: May 07, 2021, 04:04:55 AM »

I believe you do need to justify peer reviewed data if you're going to hand it out as  being a purveyor of facts.
Otherwise you're just arguing by simple appeals to your believed authority.

I didnt see this one.
Again how hypicritucal

Sceppy the king of dodge
The king of troll
The king of hippos.

Appealing to YOUR authortiy while not providing an ounce a shred a tidbit of justification to the MASSSIVE tilt of the turbine.

Draw the circle.
Draw the triangle.
Lets see the massive tilt.

« Reply #4896 on: May 07, 2021, 04:09:48 AM »

What does happen is very clear logic if people actually bothered to use it.
Atmospheric mass over a level distance through varying layers of the stacked atmosphere at that eye height, creates a lower light shut out against the upper light.
A convergence of light shades in which the below cannot reflect back to the eye, so you lose whatever is within that part and see what is above it, which is why you see the upper parts of objects.

Chartt hus word salad

How dense is the air?
At what distance?
Why doent this happen under water or in a fog?
A right angled triangle at 100ft opposite, gains you how much hyponsue vs bottom length (bottom being 3mi)?
How much air is between ground and an airliner?
Why is it cropped vs hazy?

« Reply #4897 on: May 07, 2021, 04:16:35 AM »

No.

Is this how they prevent anyone from seeing the Dome in the south or the Magic Crystal in the north?
We see the dome on a regular basis, or shall I say what's reflected off it.
As for preventing anyone getting to the centre of Earth, it can't happen.
As fr flights avoiding it. They can't do anything else but to avoid.

They give out fake navigation patterns to keep people from traveling in the wrong direction?
Not fake, no. Just patterns that fit the terrain they have planes fly over.

Most people won't know what's what. Very few will know the bigger picture. All we can do is follow the story (you) or question it (me).

So in your imagined world no one knows its true shape?

In this world, what stops people from piecing together an accurate map of the real world through triangulation of the patterns provided by the  Navigators?  Is this because geometry doesn't work the same way in your imagination as the traditional way the rest of us have been taught?  Or perhaps is it just in your world that people are not clever enough to do basic geometry to figure out shapes? After all, it seems like you have dreamed up a dumb bunch of sheep according to your description of how they behave in your imagination.

Also, what keeps planes away from the Dome and the Magic Crystal?  What do you imagine would happen if you just pointed a plane north and flew? 

Same thing with south? 

« Reply #4898 on: May 07, 2021, 04:22:28 AM »
Let's get this right so you understand me better.

They say the horizon to our view is generally about 3 miles.

By view we see many objects from boarts and turbines and buildings sitting atop of the horizon
(theoretical) line as we perceive it to be.

Globaiists have us believe the horizon line is the hump in the Earth. The curve up then atop then down with whatever objects go down with it.

This is what you people believe/are told.

At just 3 miles the drop would be 6 feet by global calculations, as we're told.
Basically it would have to be a tilt enough to lose 6 feet of the object. It cannot be anything else if the Earth was a globe.

Now tell me at just 5 miles how much you would lose of a turbine?
And remember when you calculate this you have to understand that you need to tip the turbine at a more acute angle to have more of the bottom disappear whilst you are stood looking level and yet also be tilted back from he object, meaning you would need to angle your view to the level.

Can't you see how stupid it all is?

If it hasnt already been captured (im behind
Losts of chatter last night.
2pg worth)

Ohooooo new information!!!!

Am i to the understanding if i read this
Sceppy things the object is TILTED such that it looses its appeared height?
Not rhat the bottom is obscured?

Hes misapplied two concepts and smooshed them togethrr, in his mind.

Can someone draw a pov of a viewer seeing a triange where the bisector shows a drop of 6ft?
Thats his MASSIVE tilt?

Ahh i see bored caught it but concluded it was atmospheric compression.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 04:50:46 AM by Themightykabool »

« Reply #4899 on: May 07, 2021, 04:26:23 AM »

Let's get this right so you understand me better.

Side note
And for the umptieth time

If you cared to draw us a picture instead of your word salad - we would understadn ypu better ANd much quicker

JackBlack

« Reply #4900 on: May 07, 2021, 04:36:42 AM »
You just accept it because
Because of the plentiful evidence supporting it and nothing to refute it.

Magical is for your global mindset.
No, as clearly highlighted in plenty of the threads you have been on, you are the one which requires so much magic, all to pretend your irrational hatred of the globe is justified.

The horizon doesn't compress light, the atmosphere obscures objects that light reflects back off.
Which means you end up with the region of darkness like I demonstrated and you rejected.
Again, this means your nonsense does not match reality.

I'm not using technology that is built on a spinning globe fantasy.
It is based upon a spinning globe Earth REALITY!
You not liking that wont magically make it fantasy, no matter how much you hate it.

If that's the case then the turbines you see that are three quarters obscured are not tilted, but they should be if that much was lost to a so called globe.
That is just your repeatedly lie that you are yet to justify which has been refuted countless times.
Repeating the same blatant lie to try to prop up your irrational hatred of the globe will not magically make it the truth.
Stop just repeating the same pathetic refuted lie and start trying to justify it.

Either you can't see that or you just don't get it.
We don't "get" your blatant lie, because it is a blatant lie that you cannot justify and instead just continually repeat to irrationally attack the globe.
You are right that it is the same argument with lots of blatant lies you spout against the globe which you are completely incapable of justifying.

Same type of nonsense.
It really is laughable.
The same nonsense you repeatedly spout is laughable.

Again, stop just spouting garbage and start trying to justify it.

Water level.
You mean the thing being discussed indirectly due to the picture above, where level water manages to obscure the base of the turbine, even though both the observer and the turbine are above water level, showing beyond any sane doubt that this level water is curved, clearly refuting the FE nonsense you spout.

I have.
No, you haven't. All you have done is continually spout pathetic lies and repeatedly refused to justify them.

All you can do is dismiss the RE as nonsense, with no justification as to why it is nonsense.
This shows your position is not based upon evidence or rational thought.
It is just irrational of the globe.

Basically it would have to be a tilt enough to lose 6 feet of the object. It cannot be anything else if the Earth was a globe.
And that tilt required is insignificant. You not liking that fact will not change it.

The amount of tilt required to cause a drop can be estimated as 360*sqrt(h*2*R)/(2*pi*R) degrees.
With R=6371 km, and h=2 m, that tilt works out to be 0.045 degrees, i.e. basically nothing.
Again, irrefutable math shows you are spouting BS.

Can't you see how stupid it all is?
We can see how stupid your BS is. Why can't you?

Logic goes out of the window when a globe is argued for.
No, logic goes out the window when you "argue" against it.
Nothing you have said even remotely resembles logic. It is just repeatedly blatant lies, refuted trivially by simple math.

You can't even answer these simple questions, which are enough to show your claims are pure BS:
Again, If you have a tube, 1 inch in a diameter and 10 inches long, with this tube level and you looking through the tube with your eye at the midpoint of the tube's height and directly against the end of the tube, how far below the tube can an object at 1 mile distance be, in order to still be visible through the tube?
Can you see the base of a tree at 1 mile distance, if the base of the tree is 6 ft below the level of the tube?
Again, what magic prevents us from seeing the RE through a level tube?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4901 on: May 07, 2021, 04:47:38 AM »

A lot of pleading here
However you constantly scoff ialwasy revert back to the beginning.

Because guess what

Your theory never leaves the beginning
It stays in the beginning because you never complete a thought or finalize a proof.

Draw the circle.
Draw the triangle.
Put them together.
To be fair, you do struggle.....but, I'm ok with it even though it does become tedious.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4902 on: May 07, 2021, 04:48:41 AM »

Atmospheric mass over a level distance through varying layers of the stacked atmosphere at that eye height, creates a lower light shut out against the upper light.
A convergence of light shades in which the below cannot reflect back to the eye, so you lose whatever is within that part and see what is above it, which is why you see the upper parts of objects.

Chartt hus word salad

How dense is the air?
At what distance?
A right angled triangle at 100ft opposite, gains you how much hyponsue vs bottom length (bottom being 3mi)?
Try and be specific.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4903 on: May 07, 2021, 05:00:05 AM »
That makes no sense.

In this world, what stops people from piecing together an accurate map of the real world through triangulation of the patterns provided by the  Navigators?
Nothing for some of the Earth until it gets to areas where people and machines will not work.

Is this because geometry doesn't work the same way in your imagination as the traditional way the rest of us have been taught?
Nothing wrong with geometry for real stuff.

Or perhaps is it just in your world that people are not clever enough to do basic geometry to figure out shapes?
There's some really clever people out there. Genius people.
The reality is we are all genius in our own way, it just depends on if it ever reaches realisation. Sadly for many, it won't due to many reasons.

After all, it seems like you have dreamed up a dumb bunch of sheep according to your description of how they behave in your imagination.

I've certainly dreamed up a lot of stuff by imagination but done it based on experiments.
Whether i'm wholly correct or partly correct or incorrect with 99% of it, I suppose I'll never get to find out.
However, what counts is how I understand what we are not living on, which is the nonsense global model we were bullied into accepting.

Also, what keeps planes away from the Dome and the Magic Crystal?
Fuel and ability for fuel to propel any vehicle. Extreme cold and lack of oxygen....etc.

What do you imagine would happen if you just pointed a plane north and flew?
It would run out of propellant and crash.

Same thing with south?
Same thing.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4904 on: May 07, 2021, 05:01:33 AM »
You just accept it because
Because of the plentiful evidence supporting it and nothing to refute it.

What evidence?

« Reply #4905 on: May 07, 2021, 05:04:28 AM »

What a piss weak dodge of questions you are unable to answer.
After 100 posts you get all the answers you require.
Put the effort in.

That's something wise used to say. Except for him it was 1000 posts.

So, have you proven the globe to be wrong, sceptimatic? When you do, get back to me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4906 on: May 07, 2021, 05:09:28 AM »

That's something wise used to say. Except for him it was 1000 posts.

So, have you proven the globe to be wrong, sceptimatic? When you do, get back to me.
Already proven so no need to get back to you other than tell you now.
Feel free to come up with anything you think you may have that proves different to what I've already shown.

Water level is the only thing needed....but there's plenty of other stuff.
You people have nothing.

« Reply #4907 on: May 07, 2021, 05:35:05 AM »
That makes no sense.

I know, right!  You imagine a world that no one knows the true shape of.  It's definitely a weird thing to make up and doesn't make a lot of sense to anyone I think. 

In this world, what stops people from piecing together an accurate map of the real world through triangulation of the patterns provided by the  Navigators?
Nothing for some of the Earth until it gets to areas where people and machines will not work.

So in your world, why don't the Navigators show these areas with their waypoints and markers?  It would be incredibly useful for people to know where machines and people stop working, no? 

Also, what keeps planes away from the Dome and the Magic Crystal?
Fuel and ability for fuel to propel any vehicle. Extreme cold and lack of oxygen....etc.

What do you imagine would happen if you just pointed a plane north and flew?
It would run out of propellant and crash.

Same thing with south?
Same thing.

Why don't people talk about this in your world? Seems like everyone would know that every attempt to fly directly south or north was lost and everyone died, right?  Why have you made it in your world that no one seems to know this? 

« Reply #4908 on: May 07, 2021, 07:03:01 AM »

Chartt hus word salad

How dense is the air?
At what distance?
Try and be specific.

that was very specifc
specifc requests in individual specific questions
you're obviously dodging
try and dodge less and be more clear with your theory.

« Reply #4909 on: May 07, 2021, 07:46:20 AM »

Draw the circle

You draw the circle you want. I drew mine.
Over to you.

you drew a circle but failed to draw the triangle.
you've failed to PROVE your FEELINGS.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg/1200px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

this circle is 1000pixels in diameter.
my first requested triangle appears as a single straight line because the ratio 12,750,000 to 2 is inperceivable.
so i'm going to move on to the windmill.

the island shown in the center is madagascar.
the width of madagascar by map is rouhgly 600km which is over 10x that of this windmill debate.
the pixel count for that is 50pixels.

so 5pixes is what we're going for.
5/1000 = 0.005 = 0.3degrees

MASSIVELY UNMASSIVE!
so
your claim the angle is massive is wrong.

tahnks for comign out.

here
see the link
it's a circle.
see the estimation?
i even had a correction as it's 0.6degrees due to radius vs diameter mistake.
eitehr way.
still very close to jackB's math and bored's math.

you even responded to this post.

thanks for trolling me on
i fell for it.

it's a circle to scale.

pelase feel free to provide a different circle, to scale, the shows a different angle of tilt.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4910 on: May 07, 2021, 08:09:51 AM »

Draw the circle

You draw the circle you want. I drew mine.
Over to you.

you drew a circle but failed to draw the triangle.
you've failed to PROVE your FEELINGS.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/97/The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg/1200px-The_Earth_seen_from_Apollo_17.jpg

this circle is 1000pixels in diameter.
my first requested triangle appears as a single straight line because the ratio 12,750,000 to 2 is inperceivable.
so i'm going to move on to the windmill.

the island shown in the center is madagascar.
the width of madagascar by map is rouhgly 600km which is over 10x that of this windmill debate.
the pixel count for that is 50pixels.

so 5pixes is what we're going for.
5/1000 = 0.005 = 0.3degrees

MASSIVELY UNMASSIVE!
so
your claim the angle is massive is wrong.

tahnks for comign out.

here
see the link
it's a circle.
see the estimation?
i even had a correction as it's 0.6degrees due to radius vs diameter mistake.
eitehr way.
still very close to jackB's math and bored's math.

you even responded to this post.

thanks for trolling me on
i fell for it.

it's a circle to scale.

pelase feel free to provide a different circle, to scale, the shows a different angle of tilt.
You didn't draw that.
You believe it was a picture took by someone in so called space on a so called Apollo 17 carry on.

« Reply #4911 on: May 07, 2021, 08:34:10 AM »
Sure   i didnt DRAW it.

But the exercise was show a circle to scale.

You want to play semantics ina clear dodge of the point made.
It being real or not is not inquestion.
It being a circle - to scale - and what your massive tilt shows.

Point being - its to scale.

If you have a different drawjng TO SCALE then let us see it.

Because 5pixels out of 1000 is not a lot and it does not make a very large tilt.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 08:36:15 AM by Themightykabool »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4912 on: May 07, 2021, 08:59:49 AM »
Sure   i didnt DRAW it.

Because 5pixels out of 1000 is not a lot and it does not make a very large tilt.
It being real is the question, otherwise how can it be drawn to scale?

iIs the picture real and if so, do you honestly know this to be the truth or are you appealing to, authority?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4913 on: May 07, 2021, 09:21:19 AM »
11 replies, bored.... you're getting there...well done.

« Reply #4914 on: May 07, 2021, 09:40:59 AM »
Sure   i didnt DRAW it.

iIs the picture real and if so, do you honestly know this to be the truth or are you appealing to, authority?

Woweee it being real is irrelevent!!!
Its a circle showing distances to scale

Are you now denying circles are only real circles if they dont show a picture of the earth?

Are you of the position that the roundness is somehow not real because it also happenes to show a landmakred scale image of madagascar?

Is this or is this not a representation of a circle?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4915 on: May 07, 2021, 09:42:56 AM »
Sure   i didnt DRAW it.

Are you now denying circles are only real circles if they dont show a picture of the earth?

Are you of the position that the roundness is somehow not real because it also happenes to show a landmakred scale image of madagascar?

You're saying it's to scale. How do you know this?

« Reply #4916 on: May 07, 2021, 10:19:53 AM »
Sure   i didnt DRAW it.

You're saying it's to scale. How do you know this?

Because based on measurements, its to scale.
Prove its not to scale.
Keep saying stupid sht.
Proved its false!!!
Thisbis what you claim youce done through experimentation and verifiable FACT, that its false.
So go
Prove it.
Orve rhe tilt
Prove the model is inaccruate as claimed.
Go ahead.
As requested 168pg now.

And for 68pg - draw your own cricle you pos.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #4917 on: May 07, 2021, 10:22:47 AM »

Because based on measurements, its to scale.
Prove its not to scale.
Keep saying stupid sht.
Proved its false!!!

How about you prove it's real.

« Reply #4918 on: May 07, 2021, 11:28:33 AM »
Prove the circle is a real circle?

Look at it.

Its a circle.
Its round
It has not corners

Thanks for confirming you dont knwo what a circle is.

Go back and watch some sesame street before trying to challenge you know better than all of modern science.

« Reply #4919 on: May 07, 2021, 02:28:11 PM »
Since Sceptimatic is so convinced that we do not live on a spinning globe then perhaps he would explain what other mechanism causes the sky to rotate over our heads every day carrying the Sun, Moon, stars and planets with it.

While he is at it perhaps he could also explain why the positions of the planets (or dots of light in the sky as he likes to call them) changes relative to the stars over time.  Then perhaps he could also explain why a ring system appears around one of these planets (we call it Saturn) as soon as you look at it through a telescope and why four additional dots of light appear to move around a second planet (we call it Jupiter) as soon as you look at it through a telescope.  And why Jupiter shows bands across its disk and why you can see an oval shaped red spot quite clearly.

I realise that Sceptimatic thinks that the stars and planets are just dots of light in the sky. Be that as it may they are most definitely moving lights in the sky so that movement must be accounted for.  If the Earth is not spinning then something else must be causing that movement.  The Sun makes one complete circuit of the ecliptic over one year while the Moon completes a circuit in just one month.  Why the difference? 

« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 02:41:22 PM by Solarwind »