I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge

• 14383 Replies

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
Re: I won Heiwa's €1,000,000 challenge
« Reply #11520 on: January 22, 2020, 08:44:27 AM »
A space craft in a 3D space orbit doesn't know the difference between up/down, horizontal/vertical, right or left and will remain in an orbit for ever, until new forces are applied and it will go off somewhere and disappear for ever. It is one reason nobody can win topic - my Challenge.
Does inertia work differently in space?  Are you saying that gyroscopes in space can't detect changes in pitch, roll or yaw? ???

Heiwa's brain can't detect reality, how do you expect him to understand gyroscopes in space.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

• I have been around a long time.
« Reply #11521 on: January 22, 2020, 12:55:51 PM »
A space craft in a 3D space orbit doesn't know the difference between up/down, horizontal/vertical, right or left and will remain in an orbit for ever, until new forces are applied and it will go off somewhere and disappear for ever. It is one reason nobody can win topic - my Challenge.
Does inertia work differently in space?  Are you saying that gyroscopes in space can't detect changes in pitch, roll or yaw? ???
Yes. Gyroscopes behave differently in an Earth gravity field close to ground than in 3D space, where the gravity field is completely different.
So gyroscopes in 3D space haven't a clue, what is up/down, right/left and forward/aft, etc.
Thanks for keeping this thread going. You are my favorite twerp!

Yes

« Reply #11522 on: January 22, 2020, 12:59:31 PM »
3D space, where the gravity field is completely different.
Do go on.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #11523 on: January 22, 2020, 01:23:19 PM »
Yes. Gyroscopes behave differently in an Earth gravity field close to ground than in 3D space, where the gravity field is completely different.
So gyroscopes in 3D space haven't a clue, what is up/down, right/left and forward/aft, etc.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11524 on: January 22, 2020, 02:30:47 PM »
Inertial navigation systems are useless in 3D space for crafts in orbits and for fast going missiles going up 500 kms.
Why?
Thanks for asking.
Inertial navigation system works in uniform gravity fields, e.g. close to Earth's surface, where you move around more or less horizontally with small vertical variations.
Inertial Guidance Systems don't rely on gravity and they can work in 3D space - why would you claim otherwise?

Here is the Inertial Measurement Unit of the Apollo CM:

Apollo Inertial Measurement Unit

Apollo primary guidance, navigation, and control system (PGNCS): Inertial measurement unit
The IMU was gimbaled on three axes. The innermost part, the stable member (SM), was a 6-inch beryllium cube, with three gyroscopes and three accelerometers mounted in it. Feedback loops used signals from the gyroscopes by way of the resolvers to control motors at each axis. This servo system kept the stable member fixed with respect to inertial space. Signals from the accelerometers were then integrated to keep track of the spacecraft's velocity and position. The IMU was derived from the guidance system developed by Draper for the Polaris missile.

Inertial guidance systems are not perfect and Apollo system drifted about one milliradian per hour. Thus it was necessary to realign the inertial platform periodically by sighting on stars.

Quote from: Heiwa
A space craft in a 3D space orbit doesn't know the difference between up/down, horizontal/vertical, right or left
Who cares about "the difference between up/down, horizontal/vertical" in 3D space?  The orientation of a space-craft can be defined by the positions of distant stars.

And if you don't know the difference between your right or left hand by now run off and ask an adult!

and will remain in an orbit forever, until new forces are applied
So you apply new forces as required to follow the planned trajectory - what's so hard about that?.
That might be a deceleration burn to initiate an atmospheric (plus retro-rockets etc) re-entry to the Martian surface.

and it will go off somewhere and disappear forever.
Only if a camel-driver like you is trying to steer the spacecraft with reins.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11525 on: January 22, 2020, 03:11:46 PM »
Did Heiwa ever by Moose a ticket to go visit him yet?

Nope, and I'm about ready to unpack my suitcase.

Should we mount another campaign? One last ditch effort? Or nah?

Heiwa, internationally recognized boatswain and bon vivant,
deserves another chance.

I offered a complete business graphics update
($3000 value) in exchange for a $1200 plane ticket.

I told him I would buy my own room, wine and French whores.

(I don't think he has control of his own finances.)

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11526 on: January 22, 2020, 05:13:56 PM »
What does gravity have to do with gyroscopes? ???

Maybe not, but they can detect changes in pitch, roll and yaw.

Actually, it's outrageously stupid things you say that keeps this thread going.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #11527 on: January 22, 2020, 05:18:39 PM »
Did Heiwa ever by Moose a ticket to go visit him yet?

Nope, and I'm about ready to unpack my suitcase.

Should we mount another campaign? One last ditch effort? Or nah?

Heiwa, internationally recognized boatswain and bon vivant,
deserves another chance.

I offered a complete business graphics update
($3000 value) in exchange for a $1200 plane ticket.

I told him I would buy my own room, wine and French whores.

(I don't think he has control of his own finances.)
Sounds like a win, win, win! Win for Bullwinkle, Win for Heiwa, Win for The Flat Earth Society. I'm sure Heiwa will take you right up on it. He must not have seen your post yet!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11528 on: January 22, 2020, 05:23:26 PM »
a win, win, win! Win for Bullwinkle, Win for Heiwa, Win for The Flat Earth Society.
Except that Anders isn't a flat earther.

?

Twerp

• Gutter Sniper
  • Flat Earth Almost Believer
« Reply #11529 on: January 22, 2020, 05:26:50 PM »
a win, win, win! Win for Bullwinkle, Win for Heiwa, Win for The Flat Earth Society.
The win for Anders is $3k of graphics for $1200! I can't imagine why he'd turn that down!
“Heaven is being governed by Devil nowadays..” - Wise

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11530 on: January 22, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »
The win for Anders is $3k of graphics for $1200! I can't imagine why he'd turn that down!

Just for shits and proof of integrity,
I just spent $67.90 to forward mail to an out of USofA location
for a fellow member.   

I have no doubt I will be reimbursed after he receives the box.

Then there's Heiwa.   ::)

Heiwa

« Reply #11531 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:13 AM »

Inertial Guidance Systems don't rely on gravity and they can work in 3D space - why would you claim otherwise?

Apollo primary guidance, navigation, and control system (PGNCS): Inertial measurement unit
The IMU was gimbaled on three axes. The innermost part, the stable member (SM), was a 6-inch beryllium cube, with three gyroscopes and three accelerometers mounted in it. Feedback loops used signals from the gyroscopes by way of the resolvers to control motors at each axis. This servo system kept the stable member fixed with respect to inertial space. Signals from the accelerometers were then integrated to keep track of the spacecraft's velocity and position. The IMU was derived from the guidance system developed by Draper for the Polaris missile.

Inertial guidance systems are not perfect and Apollo system drifted about one milliradian per hour. Thus it was necessary to realign the inertial platform periodically by sighting on stars.

Well, some idiots (http://www.cleonis.nl/physics/phys256/inertial_space.php ) believe that Inertial space refers to the background reference that is provided by the phenomenon of inertia. Inertia is opposition to change of velocity (sic), that is: change of velocity with respect to the background, the background that all physical processes are embedded in. The Inertial guidance systems that are used in navigation and in guidance of missiles work by detecting acceleration and rotation with respect to inertial space.

Inertia is on the other hand a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.

Confusing, isn't it? This is one reason nobody wins my Challenge! You cannot navigate in space to the Moon or Mars, etc.

[/td][/tr][/table]

Yes

« Reply #11532 on: January 23, 2020, 12:48:18 PM »
Confusing, isn't it? This is one reason nobody wins my Challenge!
Nobody wins your Challenge because you are confused.

On this we are in agreement.
Signatures are displayed at the bottom of each post or personal message. BBCode and smileys may be used in your signature.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11533 on: January 23, 2020, 12:49:12 PM »

Well, some idiots (http://www.cleonis.nl/physics/phys256/inertial_space.php ) believe that Inertial space refers to the background reference that is provided by the phenomenon of inertia. Inertia is opposition to change of velocity (sic), that is: change of velocity with respect to the background, the background that all physical processes are embedded in. The Inertial guidance systems that are used in navigation and in guidance of missiles work by detecting acceleration and rotation with respect to inertial space.
If you think Cleonis, who writes for Wikipedia, is an idiot then you've proven how little you know on a topic vital to modern navigation on Earth and in Space.

Inertia is, on the other hand, a property of matter by which it continues in its existing state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line, unless that state is changed by an external force.
There is no "on the other hand"!
Inertial space simply describes a "space" that is not accelerating nor subject to gravitation - another "acceleration" under GR and "Inertia" is "a property of matter". In the case of linear motion "inertia" is simply mass!

Confusing, isn't it?
No, it's not the slightest bit confusing to anyone with the slightest understanding of physics - but I guess that cuts you out because you seem to understand nothing.

This is one reason nobody wins my Challenge!
No! One reason nobody is allowed to win your Challenge is that you would just dismiss any correct entry as fake because you pea-brain would be completely unable to comprehend it.
You even claim the solution provided by NASA, that resulted in six successful lunar landings as fake.

You cannot navigate in space to the Moon or Mars, etc.
Incorrect, of course a spacecraft can be navigated to the Moon, Venus, Mercury, Mars, a particular asteroid, Jupiter, Saturn etc etc!
Many have been, from the early Russian and American lunar fly-bys, hard and soft-landings.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11534 on: January 23, 2020, 04:52:03 PM »
Confusing, isn't it? This is one reason nobody wins my Challenge! You cannot navigate in space to the Moon or Mars, etc.
How can you put a satellite into its proper orbit if you can't navigate in space?

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11535 on: January 23, 2020, 05:00:08 PM »
How can you put a satellite into its proper orbit if you can't navigate in space?

bow thruster

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11536 on: January 23, 2020, 05:03:33 PM »

bow thruster
Don't forget the accelerator :o and brake :o pedals to speed up and slow down.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11537 on: January 23, 2020, 05:06:38 PM »
also turn signals

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11538 on: January 23, 2020, 05:27:03 PM »
also turn signals
They already have those - haven't you seen those little puffs from the RCS thrusters.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #11539 on: January 23, 2020, 06:52:10 PM »
also turn signals
But you can't tell your left from your right in space, so how do you know which turn signal to use?

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11540 on: January 23, 2020, 07:06:31 PM »
also turn signals
But you can't tell your left from your right in space, so how do you know which turn signal to use?
That seems to be Heiwa's problem. He can't tell up from down or left from right - I guess a life spent downing Martinis will do that.
You could call his problem AID - Alcohol Induced Dementia.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11541 on: January 23, 2020, 07:35:26 PM »
also turn signals

lasers?

Heiwa

« Reply #11542 on: January 23, 2020, 08:27:34 PM »
Incorrect, of course a spacecraft can be navigated to the Moon, Venus, Mercury, Mars, a particular asteroid, Jupiter, Saturn etc etc!
Many have been, from the early Russian and American lunar fly-bys, hard and soft-landings.

Another problem is the fuel required for a trip to the Moon, Venus, Mars, etc. No rocket can get it into orbit to start with. And then there is the problem of what trajectory to use! Straight or banana shaped around the Sun. Only twerps believe in fly-bys, hard and soft-landings, etc.
It is the reason nobody wins my Challenge. Twerps have tried and failed. I like it. My €1M is safe ... with me.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #11543 on: January 23, 2020, 08:31:34 PM »
 ::)  YOUR BAIT IS DEAD

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11544 on: January 23, 2020, 09:16:31 PM »
Another problem is the fuel required for a trip to the Moon, Venus, Mars, etc. No rocket can get it into orbit to start with.
Garbage! One the hardest places to get to is into an orbit near the Sun. The Parker Solar Probe was launched with a Delta IV-Heavy rocket with less than half the launch capability of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy.
But all the rest's been answered. Stop wasting everybody's time.

Heiwa

« Reply #11545 on: January 24, 2020, 02:34:45 AM »
Another problem is the fuel required for a trip to the Moon, Venus, Mars, etc. No rocket can get it into orbit to start with.
Garbage! One the hardest places to get to is into an orbit near the Sun. The Parker Solar Probe was launched with a Delta IV-Heavy rocket with less than half the launch capability of SpaceX's Falcon Heavy.
But all the rest's been answered. Stop wasting everybody's time.
I agree! Your posts are garbage. Try to keep on topic - see post #1.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #11546 on: January 24, 2020, 03:38:00 AM »
Try to keep on topic - see post #1.
That's been answered numerous times. Your inability to understand any of it is your problem.

Yes

« Reply #11547 on: January 24, 2020, 08:26:37 AM »
And then there is the problem of what trajectory to use! Straight or banana shaped around the Sun.
I would like to know about the banana orbit.

NotSoSkeptical

• Flat like a droplet of water.
« Reply #11548 on: January 24, 2020, 08:30:08 AM »
And then there is the problem of what trajectory to use! Straight or banana shaped around the Sun.

I would like to see the straight orbit.
Rabinoz RIP

That would put you in the same category as pedophile perverts like John Davis, NSS, robots like Stash, Shifter, and victimized kids like Alexey.

Heiwa

« Reply #11549 on: January 24, 2020, 09:57:07 AM »
According 'space travel experts' to fly from Earth to Mars, both orbiting the Sun, you cannot go straight, e.g. take off from Earth straight away from Earth and Sun straight to Mars, where Mars will be on arrival, which could take a month. No, you have do a complicated, variable speeds and directions, banana shaped 3D trajectory around the Sun taking say nine months. Neither alternative is possible. A spacecraft orbiting Earth cannot ever change orbit to orbit Mars and land. It is basic astronautics taught at MIT at $1M/PhD.
Of course there are additional problems of fuel and soft landing on arrival and to return BUT Hollywood will assist.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2020, 10:34:04 AM by Heiwa »