FE is a sad little world.

• 125 Replies
Re: FE is a sad little world.
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2024, 01:32:19 AM »
[
If physics 101 were true, yes.

I asked you to show your model was more accurate? 

Can you as accurate, or more accurately predict the time it takes a ball from rest to drop 10 feet.

Seems you failed to meet the challenge of showing your “model” has as much or more practicality achieved in physics 101 for falling bodies. And we haven’t even gotten to center of gravity. 

JackBlack

« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2024, 03:31:10 AM »
If physics 101 were true, yes.
Forget about if it is true or not.
Even if it was false, it works to explain reality and make useful predictions.
That is vastly superior to your garbage.

But physics says (as a blanket statement) that an object thrown and an object dropped fall to the ground at the same time.
No it doesn't.
Instead it says that for a frictionless vacuum over a short enough distance, if it is thrown perfectly horizontal.
If aerodynamics is involved, it will take longer.
If you throw it far enough, the curvature of Earth gets significant (e.g. an orbit).

Honestly, I think the person testing this was too busy fumbling with a timer and two objects, and the second time (they hired someone to work the timer), they were too distracted to check. I dropped an empty plastic bottle, and it hit the ground at 2 seconds. I threw it across the room, and it took about 3.5 seconds. The same time? No, that's a guideline not a rule.
Sure, they failed, but you did it perfectly.

Now, when you threw it, what way did you throw it? Was it horizontal, or upwards.

You don't "predict" reality. You test reality.
And how do you "test" reality?
You make a prediction and see if that prediction is true.
If it is, the test passed. If it isn't the test failed.

Were the moon really in charge of tides, we would expect the highest tide to be when the moon is full.
Or when it is a new moon.
When the bulge from the moon and the bulge from the sun overlap.
Approximately.
And guess what? WE DO!
e.g. https://www.tide-forecast.com/locations/Libreville/tides/latest

full moon is the 23 of Apr, and the highest level there is 2.03 about a day later. Settled, right? Nope! A day after the new moon, the highest level is 2.35 ft!
So your objection is that the new moon causes it as well?
You are just yet again appealing to your wilful ignorance because of how much you hate reality?

The explanation given for this by so-called scientists? "The moon creates a bulge on both sides of Earth."
No, that is the simple version.
You have been provided the more complete version.
But like the lying scum you are, you just pretend you haven't.
Here it is again:
Consider the force of attraction of the moon on Earth.
This causes Earth to accelerate towards the moon.
The average acceleration of Earth is based upon the distance to the centre of Earth.
But the bit of Earth closest to the moon is closer so it is attracted more strongly resulting in the towards Earth force appearing less and a bulge forming there.
And the bit of Earth furthest from the moon is further, so it is attracted less, resulting in the towards Earth force appearing less and a bulge forming there.
This is not difficult to comprehend, but here you are, still playing dumb.

If we were looking to use the science we were taught to predict things, we would be totally wrong.
Yet you can present a single example, just empty claims.

I've seen lunar phases in some months where the highest tide is during one of the quarters.
Citation needed.

So ummm, 0 for 2? Nice job, though.
No, a pathetic job, and so full of dishonesty you think the 2 points go your way.

In order to even be in the running, you would need the ability to explain these things. You don't, so by default you have 0 points. You can't get points until you get explanations.

« Reply #122 on: April 20, 2024, 03:02:40 PM »
Forget about if it is true or not.
Even if it was false, it works to explain reality and make useful predictions.

It absolutely matters that it is true.

And you can't predict one lousy tide through your model. It turned out that the tide was highest when it should have been the lowest.

So explain why I should trust you for other predictions? I'm willing to predict that if your internet went down (except for the ability to post here, of course), and I asked you point blank where and when the next eclipse was, you could not even guess. Whereas I can guess at the time of the next "outbreak" of COVID. Approximately one month from the presidential election, enough time to stir up a frenzy about how everyone needs to avoid the polls.

Your predictions are shit because they are based on what authorities tell you, and not what you yourself know or believe. You are hopeless without a network cheat sheet.

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

JackBlack

« Reply #123 on: April 20, 2024, 03:24:13 PM »
It absolutely matters that it is true.
For the purpose of the question, it does.
The question is if it works to predict reality.

It turned out that the tide was highest when it should have been the lowest.
No, it turns out you are repeating the same pathetic lie again and again.

You have had this lie refuted multiple times, yet you keep on repeating it.

It shows just how utterly pathetic you and your position are.
You cannot refute reality so you just blatantly lie about it to pretend there are problems when there are not.

« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2024, 06:28:25 AM »
No I'm repeating different ones (if indeed you think they arelies) ;D whereas Data and you trot out that same tired "disproving flat earth without using science" or that straight line where "there must be something wrong".

Stock pictures. Stock arguments.

Believe or don't believe me. If my arguments are ever the same, it is because you guys lead me to the same old topics.

Quote from: Themightykabool
crazy people don't know they're crazy.

JackBlack

« Reply #125 on: April 27, 2024, 03:11:46 PM »
No I'm repeating different ones
You are repeating effectively the same lie, where you entirely ignore how tidal forces work to pretend there should only be a single bulge.
It doesn't matter how you want to dress it up, it is still the same pathetic lie.

that straight line where "there must be something wrong".
And again, that "something wrong" is the FE model.

Believe or don't believe me. If my arguments are ever the same, it is because you guys lead me to the same old topics.
The issue is you have had this blatant lie of yours refuted previously, several times.
But like the lying coward you are, you just repeat it, only to flee from the refutation.

How about you stop being a lying coward and own up to your mistakes?
Or try defending your blatant lies?