Obama moves one step closer to NWO!

• 33 Replies

Death-T

• Conspiracy theories are my bread and butter.
Re: Obama moves one step closer to NWO!
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »
Science Operations?
Or do you mean Psy Ops as in Psychological Operations?

And no, there wouldn't be instant rebellion, there would be massive panic as they'd be in a world so radically different from the one they came from they couldn't cope.  Hell, the idea that women and blacks could work and vote would be more than enough to cause them to panic.  Then once you tell them that this world is all because they rebelled against the King, they might just not rebel at all.
Yes, I meant Psy, don't know why I typed Sci, lol.

As far as the time machine thing goes, I should have expected a response like this one.  The liberal thought process reminds me of a pinball machine.

What?  That someone from 200 years ago would be unable to cope with the modern world?  Yeah, that's exactly what us liberals say.  It's not like it's true or anything...   ::)
You refuse to see the obvious intent of what I was trying to say in order to divert the conversation into something ridiculous.

Your original intent was stupid because we're relating what would happen in reality -not in your little fantasy world, where a single act to interrogate terrorists means that the entire government is working to take away your rights. Even though history shows you to be a fool. You fail sir.

Besides- you gave no reasoning as to why the population from 1776 would instantly rebel. That would be a good place to start beyond simply saying "Wez is oppressed!"
" Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. " - Albert Einstein

" We are imperfect.  We cannot expect perfect government. "  ~William Howard Taft

Lorddave

« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2010, 07:31:25 PM »
Science Operations?
Or do you mean Psy Ops as in Psychological Operations?

And no, there wouldn't be instant rebellion, there would be massive panic as they'd be in a world so radically different from the one they came from they couldn't cope.  Hell, the idea that women and blacks could work and vote would be more than enough to cause them to panic.  Then once you tell them that this world is all because they rebelled against the King, they might just not rebel at all.
Yes, I meant Psy, don't know why I typed Sci, lol.

As far as the time machine thing goes, I should have expected a response like this one.  The liberal thought process reminds me of a pinball machine.

What?  That someone from 200 years ago would be unable to cope with the modern world?  Yeah, that's exactly what us liberals say.  It's not like it's true or anything...   ::)
You refuse to see the obvious intent of what I was trying to say in order to divert the conversation into something ridiculous.

No I saw it.  You're argument is that the mindset of the colonists in 1776 and what they envision government to be is radically different than what the US government is now.  I have no objection to this as it's accurate.

However, since 1776 was a primary agricultural, rural society with a much smaller population density, I'd say the world has changed a lot since then.  Let's face it, the ideas and morals of 1776 simply don't work today.  We're more crowded than ever, crime is higher, population density is much higher, technology allows for communication between anyone in the world almost instantly, travel between America and Europe takes hours instead of weeks, and the whole world depends on each other to survive.  We didn't even have a need for a lot of Oil back then but now we need millions of barrels of oil every day.  Barrels we don't have, I might add.  The US's policy of isolation stopped working when we realized that events in other parts of the world affected us. 

Also in that time period you had more self reliance.  People made their own clothing, grew their own food, chopped their own wood, ect...   We don't have that anymore.  In fact, one of the ways people used to make a bit of spare cash was to sell their own goods such as wool or cotton, processed themselves.  However, businesses removed that source of income when they built factories, forcing the country folk to move to the city to do the same thing for less money.
But really, we couldn't do that today anyway.  With a population of over 300 million, there isn't enough land for everyone to have their own farm.  Animals are processed in factories these days because that's the only way to get the volume needed for our consumption.

I'm sorry if you miss the old days, but those days don't work anymore.  Not unless you wipe out half the population of the US, destroy electronic communications, and wipe out airplanes.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

?

Wakka Wakka

• Beat The Hell Outta Spheres!
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2010, 09:26:02 PM »
Isn't that a conservative/republican viewpoint that Terrorists should be held without rights and that the libral leftists want to give them equal rights and treat them like human beings, which is why Obama is trying (and has been since his first day) to close Guantanamo bay?

Oh yeah, remember when I said that it doesn't matter if you vote because both parties will do the exact same thing except on meaningless issues like abortion where they will just continually cockblock each other's bills in order to maintain the stalemate needed to gain votes?

I was right.

I know, I agreed with you.  In my opinion, either side could solve the problems with their ideas.  The issue is that we don't have a definite direction to go in.  We fight about what direction to go in for the solution, not that we need a solution.
But that's why we're a democracy: Every opinion is heard and considered.

I've always found it funny that half the reason our country works is because it is nearly impossible to get anything done. The motivation to conservatism is kind of scary in our system but change can occasionally be implemented.

Which makes you wonder if a true, global world government could ever be implemented.

Without some odd things happening as you scale up the government it should work in pretty much the same way. You would simply give less ability to make laws specific at the higher levels of government. The true difficulty would be in reconciling cultural differences.
Considering America's history of un-godful amounts of individualism and conservatism, I find it difficult to believe that such a world government could exist...unfortunately.
Normally when I'm not sure I just cop a feel.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2010, 11:21:34 PM »
Isn't that a conservative/republican viewpoint that Terrorists should be held without rights and that the libral leftists want to give them equal rights and treat them like human beings, which is why Obama is trying (and has been since his first day) to close Guantanamo bay?

Oh yeah, remember when I said that it doesn't matter if you vote because both parties will do the exact same thing except on meaningless issues like abortion where they will just continually cockblock each other's bills in order to maintain the stalemate needed to gain votes?

I was right.

I know, I agreed with you.  In my opinion, either side could solve the problems with their ideas.  The issue is that we don't have a definite direction to go in.  We fight about what direction to go in for the solution, not that we need a solution.
But that's why we're a democracy: Every opinion is heard and considered.

I've always found it funny that half the reason our country works is because it is nearly impossible to get anything done. The motivation to conservatism is kind of scary in our system but change can occasionally be implemented.

Which makes you wonder if a true, global world government could ever be implemented.

Without some odd things happening as you scale up the government it should work in pretty much the same way. You would simply give less ability to make laws specific at the higher levels of government. The true difficulty would be in reconciling cultural differences.
Considering America's history of un-godful amounts of individualism and conservatism, I find it difficult to believe that such a world government could exist...unfortunately.

Individualism maybe, but I have always seen that as a good thing. I guess the idea that I'm my countries bitch to do with it as it pleases was never ingrained into my head. Conservatism is a thing world over, it is simply people's obsession with habit and unwillingness to change. The reason the world would have trouble moving to a world government is conservatism, the need to conserve what we had. Also, certain parts of the world have the idea that the government should be our nanny which isn't exactly the best way to live your life.