Lunar Eclipses with a Flat Earth?

• 9 Replies
Lunar Eclipses with a Flat Earth?
« on: June 01, 2018, 09:39:23 AM »

Behold:

I created that in blender years ago.... And posted it on reddit.

During a lunar eclipse, and even during normal moon phases, there wouldn't be a complete circle- just an oval. If the earth was a cylinder, then it still wouldn't be a circle. I there some explanation for this? I have many issues with flat earth but am tolerant of what others believe. If someone has an answer, please answer. Also, I work at a company called Scaled Composites. I've been up in high altitude jets, nearing LEO (low earth orbit). I've been able to see most of a sphere, but only the western hemisphere. How does (I would assume) NASA fake this, according to your theories? Projectors?

With all respect,
Windfall

Before you reply, realize that no offense is meant to anyone.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
Re: Lunar Eclipses with a Flat Earth?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 09:41:52 AM »
Don’t be silly. The invisible shadow object causes eclipses.

Durr.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:55:39 AM »

Durr.

And the shadow object is invisible most of the time because it is lost in the glare of the sun.
As best as I have been able to determine, it seems to be something like a giant black circular disc.
Something like a giant ping-pong paddle.
It must be at least 32 miles in diameter in order to block the rays of the moon or the sun.
The shadow object causes both lunar and solar eclipses.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2018, 11:02:00 AM »

Durr.

For one, what is the "invisible shadow object". And for two, I was expecting more explanation, and a more professional attitude. If you want to push a point, don't use terms like "Durr"

Thank you, Googleotomy. Your explanation explained a bit more.

SO,

If there is a shadow object, 28miles wide, we WOULD be able to see that, unless it's made of light absorbing material. If it is, we would see a void. Could you cite evidence that supports a "shadow object"?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2018, 03:47:59 PM »

Durr.

For one, what is the "invisible shadow object". And for two, I was expecting more explanation, and a more professional attitude. If you want to push a point, don't use terms like "Durr"

Thank you, Googleotomy. Your explanation explained a bit more.

SO,

If there is a shadow object, 28miles wide, we WOULD be able to see that, unless it's made of light absorbing material. If it is, we would see a void. Could you cite evidence that supports a "shadow object"?

There is about as much evidence of  "the shadow object" as there is of "the flat disc" or "the ice ring."
Apparently, "the shadow object" is made of some kind of transparent material that only turns black and non-transparent  only when it gets between the sun or moon and the earth in an eclipse.
So it must be some kind of light absorbing material that absorbs all the light from the sun or the moon to cause an eclipse ?
Does it always stay so close to the sun that it is always lost in the sun's glare ?
I guess if it is black we couldn't see it even if we used a sun filter to eliminate the sun's glare ?
If it is the same size or nearly the same size as the sun or moon, which are both 32 miles in diameter, we wouldn't see this "shadow object" in a transit of the sun as we do as in Venus or Mercury ?
That would be an eclipse ?
Those are  my ideas.
I wouldn't even classify them as theories..
When I don't get any answers from flat earthers, I try to think like a flat earther and make up my own. LOL. ???

Hopefully some flat earther can answer your questions.

P.S. Edited and added later as an afterthough.
We (or at least I) don't know if that mysterious "shadow object" is a "flat" disc or a "round" globe ?
Any information, FE 's ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:20:09 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

JackBlack

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2018, 04:00:58 PM »
During a lunar eclipse, and even during normal moon phases, there wouldn't be a complete circle- just an oval.
You are applying a FE idea to a RE model.
You are indicating that lunar eclipses occur due to Earth blocking light from reaching the moon, but under FE models, that is not possible as both the moon and sun are above Earth.

Under FE models, lunar eclipses shouldn't occur.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2018, 04:31:51 PM »
During a lunar eclipse, and even during normal moon phases, there wouldn't be a complete circle- just an oval.
You are indicating that lunar eclipses occur due to Earth blocking light from reaching the moon, but under FE models, that is not possible as both the moon and sun are above Earth.

The only FE moon explanations are the "moonshrimp" and "the shadow object". ???

Chorus:

Really

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2018, 07:41:01 PM »

First off... they aren't "models".  FE has yet to provide any mathematical logic as to who things work.  As such, calling them "models" only gives credibility to the lunatic fringe.  At best, FE material is the mental ejaculation of wild-eyed speculation.
No trees have been harmed in the creation of this message.  However, numerous electrons have been horribly inconvenienced.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2018, 10:14:26 PM »

First off... they aren't "models".  FE has yet to provide any mathematical logic as to who things work.  As such, calling them "models" only gives credibility to the lunatic fringe.  At best, FE material is the mental ejaculation of wild-eyed speculation.

At worst. or at best, FE is a recitation of the works of Rowbotham.
Most of which have been de-bunked several times over and over.

Chorus:

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2018, 10:22:38 PM »

Under FE models, FE shouldn't exist.LOL

Under FE models, light is not being blocked from reaching the moon. Light is being blocked  emitting  FROM the moon itself, which is self illIuminating.  Moonshrimp ?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 10:30:31 PM by Googleotomy »

Chorus: