Détroit de Béring

• 50 Replies
Détroit de Béring
« on: January 05, 2012, 05:06:19 AM »
Hey, look at this : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9troit_de_B%C3%A9ring
(sorry, it's a french link. But watch the picture, at least).

Just 92 km between Alaska and Russia !

But.. thousands km between Alaska and Russia if you watch the F.E.S. map world.

So, Belivers, make a boat trip ! If you see Russia after 92 km, you will sure that your theory is wrong.

But if there is juste ocean, thousands km of ocean... so, you will prove at everybody that your theory is right.

So please tell me, why don't organize this project ?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Re: Détroit de Béring
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 08:47:14 AM »
I don't have a boat and I'm a poor swimmer.

Rushy

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 11:42:14 AM »
Please mail the boat (or funds for said boat) and funds for supplies to our current society address.

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
I can't believe a person who posted 2672 messages and an other who posted 749 messages writed this two "answers".

OK, it's humoristics answers. I don't have any problem with humor, but... I'm asking to me : you're not serious ? So, it's just a parodic forum ?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 04:36:03 PM »
Perhaps the problem is not in our comic answers, but in your failure to appreciate the vast and endless amount of posts we get from people suggesting that we charter a boat to somewhere, plan an expidition to some place, pilot a plane over there, ride a space shuttle beyond that point, or something of the ilk. I am honestly surprised that you received two replies as your idea is far from novel. Many of us have been around here for years and one can see where answering the same questions ad nauseum will wear on one's spirit. Another reason is that it's a bit insulting when people come here with there perceived coup d'état and demand we answer their surely unanswerable and society-unraveling question when said poster has not the time  or respect to perform a quick and simple search using the search function. In this case, I'm sure that there are other current threads discussing the exact same topic.

I am sorry that your undefeatable question did not get the seriousness that you wished, but you can take solace in knowing that in a few hours, when the next person comes along with a mind to present your exact same arguement and shake our society to the core with this 'new' information, they will almost certainly not get nearly the same amount of attention that you are receiving now. For I, like most of us, do not have the time and patience to answer these posts in full whenever they spring up, would you?

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 02:45:26 AM »
"Perhaps the problem is not in our comic answers, but in your failure to appreciate the vast and endless amount of posts we get from people suggesting that we charter a boat to somewhere, plan an expidition to some place, pilot a plane over there, ride a space shuttle beyond that point, or something of the ilk."

--> I didn't read a lot of topics on this subject (a boat trip). But I tried to ask this question one, two, three times, and I never read real answers.

"I am honestly surprised that you received two replies as your idea is far from novel. Many of us have been around here for years and one can see where answering the same questions ad nauseum will wear on one's spirit."

--> OK, so give me a link on a topic with this question and a real answer (with arguments).

"Another reason is that it's a bit insulting when people come here with there perceived coup d'état and demand we answer their surely unanswerable and society-unraveling question when said poster has not the time  or respect to perform a quick and simple search using the search function. In this case, I'm sure that there are other current threads discussing the exact same topic."

--> Yes, but without real answers ! Just humoristics answers...

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 04:34:11 AM »
Oh I forgot...

I searched some similar subjects ont this forum (with "Search" fonction) and I didn't find any answer from believers.

If earth is really flat, if everybody don't belieave that and if F.E.S. is the unique movement who knows the truth, I don't understand why you don't give any answer at my question...

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 06:43:47 AM »
I find it hard to believe your detailed searching turned up no results. To be brief, it's the exact same reasons you aren't planning the exact same expedition to prove your point. I'm sure you have monatary or scheduling constraints and you're perfectly happy with the evidence you have from behind your computer.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 06:49:55 AM »
So, it's just a parodic forum ?

Yes. Quite clearly.
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 11:32:36 AM »
I find it hard to believe your detailed searching turned up no results.

--> I don't find anything on a boat trip on the "Détroit de bering". Or give me the link.

To be brief, it's the exact same reasons you aren't planning the exact same expedition to prove your point. I'm sure you have monatary or scheduling constraints and you're perfectly happy with the evidence you have from behind your computer.

--> So, as you ! You believe earth is flat but you are absolutely not ready to organize a boat trip who could be prove your theory.

?

Mizuki

• Earth is NOT a Globe
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 11:41:38 AM »
I find it hard to believe your detailed searching turned up no results. To be brief, it's the exact same reasons you aren't planning the exact same expedition to prove your point. I'm sure you have monatary or scheduling constraints and you're perfectly happy with the evidence you have from behind your computer.

I too experience difficulty with the site's search function. Apparently, it's quite common for it not to work properly.  :(

Mizuki x
"Earth is a maximal sphere in a cyclical space and its surface therefore a total plane, the equator plane of the Cosmos. The (total) plane, as well as the straight line and space as a whole, is flat, without curvature yet closed, running back on itself."

Rushy

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 12:23:26 PM »
If he can't even find the quote button, why should we believe he has managed to operate the search feature?

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 01:17:48 PM »
Oh god, please be honest. You don't care to belieave if I searched on other topics or not. You just don't want to answer at my question. You, and apparently other belieavers too.

Why ?

...I think I know.

Because a one day boat trip between Alaska and Russia could prove F.E.T. is wrong.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2012, 03:55:57 PM »
Okay, let me try a different approach...

I demand that you charter a boat from Alaska to Russia to prove that the earth is round.

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2012, 04:13:51 PM »
Okay, let me try a different approach...

I demand that you charter a boat from Alaska to Russia to prove that the earth is round.

Pointless! The Earth is round, unless proven otherwise (FET doesn't really prove anything).
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 05:01:59 PM »
"I demand that you charter a boat from Alaska to Russia to prove that the earth is round."

It's not necessary : I believe earth is round, so I am a conspirationist. And the round earth theory is approved by 99,9999 % of the world population.

So, why I would need to organize this boat trip ? "My" theory governs this world. So, if someone must to prove something, it's you and your friends, not me and mines.

Rushy

« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 05:04:56 PM »
"I demand that you charter a boat from Alaska to Russia to prove that the earth is round."

It's not necessary : I believe earth is round, so I am a conspirationist. And the round earth theory is approved by 99,9999 % of the world population.

So, why I would need to organize this boat trip ? "My" theory governs this world. So, if someone must to prove something, it's you and your friends, not me and mines.

Argumentum ad populum, So yes, It is necessary for you to do so to our point of view.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 08:16:06 PM »
I'm simply trying to illustrate to you why we don't want to charter a boat. Your strong objections are the same that we feel but on the other side. Do you see now?

zarg

• Saudi Arabian inventor of Dr. Pepper
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »
To be brief, it's the exact same reasons you aren't planning the exact same expedition to prove your point. I'm sure you have monatary or scheduling constraints and you're perfectly happy with the evidence you have from behind your computer.

Oh really? Nope, that's bullshit.

FE'ers don't have a bloody clue what the Earth looks like, how far geographical distances are, what's in space, and so on. There is no evidence for such things that a FE'er can access from their computers, only speculation. That's why there are multiple FETs that contradict each other and why you have no consistent maps.

All of this can be proven through the search function. Here, I'll get you started:

Exhibit A:

We've repeatedly stated that there is no map of the earth's surface which we hold as accepted or accurate.

Exhibit B:

Until an FE'er circumnavigates the disk and determines these things experimentally, there's no way to know for sure ... There's no way for me to know whether the distances displayed on the map are accurate

Exhibit C:

[The stars'] material, their composition, and their properties, is of course unknown.

The RE'er is free to sit on his ass and simply look up the many discoveries through history to find the answers to these things.

Not so for the FE'er. Not so at all.

To the FE'er, it's all lies. The FE'er lives in a mysterious unexplored world and is not sure of anything in the universe beyond a conviction that the Earth is flat. The FES's worldview casts themselves as the forerunners of scientific enlightenment in a world of ignorance. It's up to them to discover the world as it truly is for the first time in history. Instead they seem to revel in their own uncertainty, balking at any chance to actually learn anything new.

Just get in a damn boat already.
Quote from: Cat Earth Theory
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 10:05:38 PM »
So your arguement boils down do, "Flat Earth Theory is wrong because there are different and contradicting sub-theories to explain the same phenomena?"

I was unaware that The Grand Unifying Theory of Physics had been discovered. Grant that team of Round Earth scientists Nobel medals for the next 50 years. Oh, it hasn't been discovered?  There are still contradicting theories to explain all sorts of phenomena even in Round Earth science? Damn Zarg, that seems a bit hypocritical to claim that we are wrong until we discover the Grand Unifying Theory of Physics working under a Flat Earth model when the Round Earth scientists can't do that either.

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:06 AM »
So your arguement boils down do, "Flat Earth Theory is wrong because there are different and contradicting sub-theories to explain the same phenomena?"

I was unaware that The Grand Unifying Theory of Physics had been discovered. Grant that team of Round Earth scientists Nobel medals for the next 50 years. Oh, it hasn't been discovered?  There are still contradicting theories to explain all sorts of phenomena even in Round Earth science? Damn Zarg, that seems a bit hypocritical to claim that we are wrong until we discover the Grand Unifying Theory of Physics working under a Flat Earth model when the Round Earth scientists can't do that either.

Irrelevant to the fact that Earth has been proven round countless times and that no one proved the Earth being flat.
“The Earth looks flat, therefore it is” FEers wisdom.

zarg

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 07:21:24 AM »

No, my argument boils down to that you're full of shit when you say FE'ers don't have any reason to search for answers because they're "perfecly happy with the evidence they have from behind their computer". A RE'er can look at a map and be assured that it's accurate. A FE'er cannot.

There are still contradicting theories to explain all sorts of phenomena even in Round Earth science? Damn Zarg, that seems a bit hypocritical to claim that we are wrong until we discover the Grand Unifying Theory of Physics working under a Flat Earth model when the Round Earth scientists can't do that either.

Excuse me? When did I claim that you had to discover a unified theory of physics? This is the Flat Earth Society, not the Unified Physics Society. Likewise, "Round Earth Theory" is not dependant on the entirety of physics known or unknown. All the esoteric mysteries of physics are irrelevant to the fact that we have explored the entire globe, mapped it, gone to space and orbited our planet, etcetera.

But to a FE'er, none of that history is valid; you're still at square one. You can't look up the history of FE'ers discovering the entire "real" Earth because as far as you're concerned it has never been done. So don't give me that bull that you have equal right to be lazy and apathetic toward validating your theory. You are the pioneers. Tell me: If FES doesn't explore the world and find its true measurements, who will?
[Lord Wilmore's writings] are written the way a high schooler thinks an educated person should sound like.  The pathetic pseudo-academic writing can't hide the lack of any real substance.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 08:43:00 AM »

Personally, I would contend that FET is so incomplete that there is no coherent FE model that explains any phenomenon with any sort of testable predictions.  And before you bring it up, many scientists reject string theory (a far more mature theory) for exactly the same reason.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 08:53:35 AM »

Personally, I would contend that FET is so incomplete that there is no coherent FE model that explains any phenomenon with any sort of testable predictions.  And before you bring it up, many scientists reject string theory (a far more mature theory) for exactly the same reason.

I thought the current evolution of string theory was called m theory, and that no one still supports the original string theory?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2012, 11:16:38 AM »

I thought the current evolution of string theory was called m theory, and that no one still supports the original string theory?

Last I heard, M theory doesn't make any testable predictions either.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 11:53:36 AM »

No, my argument boils down to that you're full of shit when you say FE'ers don't have any reason to search for answers because they're "perfecly happy with the evidence they have from behind their computer". A RE'er can look at a map and be assured that it's accurate. A FE'er cannot.

Then your argument is a poor one.  You can look at what you think is an accurate map, but I fail to see how that is assuring to you.

?

The Knowledge

• FE'ers don't do experiments. It costs too much.
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 02:35:56 PM »

Then your argument is a poor one.  You can look at what you think is an accurate map, but I fail to see how that is assuring to you.

Because thousands of people use RE maps and find them to be accurate?
Watermelon, Rhubarb Rhubarb, no one believes the Earth is Flat, Peas and Carrots,  walla.

zarg

« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 02:55:41 PM »
Pongo.  Are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you truly not see the distinction here?

You said FE'ers have the same reason for not caring to gather first-hand information that RE'ers do: because the information is available to them already. But this is blatantly false:

We've repeatedly stated that there is no map of the earth's surface which we hold as accepted or accurate.

RE'ers have maps that they hold as accurate.
FE'ers don't.

RE'ers don't have to go out and measure the world because they are already convinced of its layout.
FE'ers do still have to because they don't know yet.

I am 100% sure that all relative distances at any angle on a globe are accurate.
How sure are you of the same on any one of your flat maps?

If you're going to continue your inane argument that both sides are equally surefooted on this issue, you'll have a lot to answer for. Tell me, if you already know what the results of kosh5's experiment will be, what are they? How far is the distance between Alaska and Russia? And why are you sure of this number? What prior evidence can you look up on your computer that demonstrates it? What is the geographic layout of the flat Earth? Who mapped it? When?

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 06:25:31 PM »
I can use a ruler to measure the length of peas and be completely satisfied with the results.  That does not mean that it's going to be accurate though.

?

OrbisNonSufficit

• I love Gasoline.
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 07:02:15 PM »

Last I heard, M theory doesn't make any testable predictions either.

Yeah i but i thought the equations work out a lot better with 11 dimensions over 10.  Regardless you are correct that it does not produce any testable predictions, only theoretical equations.