Re: pictures of earth from space?
« Reply #90 on: August 19, 2009, 07:17:20 AM »
Debate club?  Seems violent.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #91 on: August 19, 2009, 09:01:18 AM »
Read "Earth Not a Globe", and realize that people like money more than telling the truth.
I asked some time ago but it was left unanswered. There is always talk about USA and NASA and ex USSR. These are biggest countries and have space programs. But what about small countries and third world countries which doesn't have space programs and agencies? What kind of profit they get for faking the shape of the Earth?
Smaller countries without space programs do not know of the conspiracy. In fact, the vast majority of the major countries governments don't know.
I didn't ask that. I asked what kind of profit they get when they fake the shape of the Earth. Or they don't? Are they then brilliant chances to bunch of scientists to research flat earth without the effect of the conspiracy?
How are smaller countries helping fake the shape of the earth?
It's your topic to explain. How are they? They must be in because never has any scientist or group of scientists challenged the round earth version and done any research about flat earth. There must be some way to suppress such movements in any country, either with or without space program.

Scientists aren't going to challenge what NASA says. They have no reason to challenge it.

Okay. Since you clearly aren't going to read what I said and actually give an answer (nothing I asked is addressed in "Earth not a Globe.") I'll be as blunt as you. Quit being so damn rude, actually read what I have to say and answer it. if you can't, yield the points. You keep telling me to read the online book; I'm telling you to read The Art of War. Sometimes admitting when you're wrong and yielding a point is the best way to win an argument. I actually want to hear YOUR opinion/answers to these questions. STOP ASSUMING EVERYONE IS OUT TO GET YOU WITH THIS. THINK OF IT AS AN INTERVIEW.

The link answered none of my questions, and yet by claiming it does so, you make it appear that they do, and, ergo, my argument is, "easily proved wrong." From what I've seen in this thread, you aren't good at debating, you're good at psychology. You're good at appearing that you're winning. A good example...
No. Here's the deal. I'm not paid to come here, I do not have to answer your question. Neither does any other FE'er. I gave you answers, be glad I even took the time time to do that. If not, then bugger off. The day I give a random RE noob with one post a cohesive ten page paper, is the day I get a check with an angry noob signature at the bottom.

You wanted evidence, evidence was given.

Yes, you answered his last two questions, but what about his first two?
He didn't answer my point of
So, they made math under the assumption of a round earth. Do you have a point?
Also, what Wilmore said.

And furthermore, you DID say it was easy to kill people. Not directly, but check back on your posts. It can clearly be found when you said...
No, I didn't say that. You are assuming I did.

Lasereyes made a good observation, that the debates go towards trying to prove the flat earth theory wrong. I've said why people can't argue that the earth is round because of the circumstances and, for lack of a better word, rules that are applied to an argument. I do Students Congress/Debate club at my school, and Waste of a Mind, you would have been thoroughly thrashed. Sure, your logic is fairly good, but you don't actually answer entire arguments. This is something that High School Debate coaches work ad nauseum to try to correct. It's very easy to get overwhelmed in a debate and ignore difficult questions. This makes your arguments appear quite strong to people who aren't as experienced in debate (but are still quite intelligent) but allows people who have seen this kind of behavior to bear witness to how many holes your theories and arguments actually have. You keep telling me to read Earth not Globe. I suggest YOU read the seventh paragraph of the introduction. I've begun reading it, and so far, I'm not too impressed.
You take a really long time to say nothing.

« Reply #92 on: August 19, 2009, 09:05:37 AM »
It is a developing theory.

I fail to see how that is relevant.

Because there is a fairly high standard to what a "theory" actually is. How a theory can be "developing" is really questionable and it sounds like y'all are more at the nascence of a failed hypothesis. If you so easily confuse and askew nomenclature, leaps and bounds of logic aren't unreasonable.
That is all semantics.

Which is fundamental. Using the right words is important to express your ideas. If this is at all scientific, then the appropriate nomenclature is absolutely necessary.
My point is expressed the same, regardless of the word you use. (Hypothesis or Theory)

No it wasn't. You called something a theory when it's questionable whether or not it's even a hypothesis.

I could call a friend up and tell her that I'm developing a pot pie. When she comes for dinner and looks in the fridge to see uncooked chicken, whole squash, and zucchini, I can't tell her that I was developing a pot pie. Those ingredients wouldn't even make a pot pie. Or, at the very least, a good pot pie.

Your pot pie is both foul and no where close to being prepared to be cooked.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #93 on: August 19, 2009, 09:07:47 AM »
It is a developing theory.

I fail to see how that is relevant.

Because there is a fairly high standard to what a "theory" actually is. How a theory can be "developing" is really questionable and it sounds like y'all are more at the nascence of a failed hypothesis. If you so easily confuse and askew nomenclature, leaps and bounds of logic aren't unreasonable.
That is all semantics.

Which is fundamental. Using the right words is important to express your ideas. If this is at all scientific, then the appropriate nomenclature is absolutely necessary.
My point is expressed the same, regardless of the word you use. (Hypothesis or Theory)

No it wasn't. You called something a theory when it's questionable whether or not it's even a hypothesis.

I could call a friend up and tell her that I'm developing a pot pie. When she comes for dinner and looks in the fridge to see uncooked chicken, whole squash, and zucchini, I can't tell her that I was developing a pot pie. Those ingredients wouldn't even make a pot pie. Or, at the very least, a good pot pie.

Your pot pie is both foul and no where close to being prepared to be cooked.
My point was expressed, no one care. Call it whatever you feel like. Hell, you can even call it the "Electromagnetic Acceleration Pot Pie".

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #94 on: August 19, 2009, 09:23:34 AM »
Scientists aren't going to challenge what NASA says. They have no reason to challenge it.

If scientists have evidence that NASA is lying about the shape of the earth, then why wouldn't they challenge them?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #95 on: August 19, 2009, 09:24:12 AM »
I should stop posting before lunch.

You did a disservice, even if you expressed your opinion. No one accepted it or took it seriously and brought about more deconstructive criticism.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #96 on: August 19, 2009, 10:39:41 AM »

If scientists have evidence that NASA is lying about the shape of the earth, then why wouldn't they challenge them?
In the scientific, social, and political world NASA has a lot of power.

« Reply #97 on: August 19, 2009, 11:45:49 AM »
an vir

« Reply #98 on: August 19, 2009, 02:29:44 PM »
You know, if you're in a debate club, you should really know the difference between a question and a statement ::)
Okay, you got me! I made the mistake of using, "questions" when I should have used, "statements." I yield the point. It's a simple mistake, just because I made it doesn't mean I'm a weak senator.

No. Here's the deal. I'm not paid to come here, I do not have to answer your question. Neither does any other FE'er. I gave you answers, be glad I even took the time time to do that. If not, then bugger off. The day I give a random RE noob with one post a cohesive ten page paper, is the day I get a check with an angry noob signature at the bottom.

Whoa! Getting a little angry there, eh big boy? Pulling out the "new to internet" and low post count stuff, huh? Great. You've just confirmed exactly what I've said. If people don't want to (or, from what you've shown me, aren't able to) answer questions, they'll make any reason not to. Yea, that's it, keep telling yourself that. I'm beneath you because I have a lower post count. You didn't give me anything. You copied and pasted a link to an e-book that doesn't even have to do with what I asked. I seriously doubt you've even read what I originally wrote. I wasn't looking for answers. I was looking for someone to explain their theory/dogma to me, through the use of Q@A. I wasn't hostile, at all. YOU started this by dismissing what I wrote as a generic "tl;dr" and sticking to your guns that, "Earth, not Globe" was a sufficient answer.

-------------------------
Yes, you answered his last two questions, but what about his first two?
He didn't answer my point of
So, they made math under the assumption of a round earth. Do you have a point?
-------------------------

Okay? First off, you never addressed the fact that YOU didn't answer the points (nice try at a sidestep there, shift the blame) and furthermore, if you go tit for tat, you leave far more questions (lfine, you got me, STATEMENTS) unanswered. Again, while this isn't good, it isn't bad. This is a very common mistake. I was just calling attention to the fact. You said in your FAQ I believe that you encourage bringing up constructive criticism to make your website better. All I was saying was giving a more complete answer wouldn't hurt.

No, I didn't say that. You are assuming I did.

5. If NASA does use liquidation, (as some FE'er stated) it wouldn't be hard to liquidate a couple of people.
Your point?

By saying, "Your point" you are agreeing that NASA uses liquidation, and inquiring as to why he is bringing that up. At least, that's the way it came off to me. I could be incorrect, so, whatever, let's say, for arguments sake, that there was some combination of you inferring, and me implying (more of me implying than you inferring). The onus of clarity is still on you. Your initial statement could be taken either way; that's a knock on you, not me.

Oh boy. Topping it off with an ad hominem attack. Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. Our conversation could have easily been you and I having a civil discussion about your  controversial, but very interesting,theories, which most people would enjoy discussing. I'm giving you an open venue to tell me things, whereas most people just completely shut the theory off, and assume anyone who believes it is innately a little daft.

I'm not challenging you here. I actually want to hear what someone who believes in a flat earth has to say about what I inquired. I know you're probably used to people angrily storming onto your forums, but I actually want to hear what some of you people have to say about this.

No sarcasm, no hostility. In fact, I'm quite impressed with your prose/tone. If you ever change your mind about me, I'd still be happy to discuss your theories with you. You seem like an intelligent man, and I'd like to see what you have to say.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #99 on: August 19, 2009, 05:38:22 PM »
Whoa! Getting a little angry there, eh big boy? Pulling out the "new to internet" and low post count stuff, huh? Great. You've just confirmed exactly what I've said. If people don't want to (or, from what you've shown me, aren't able to) answer questions, they'll make any reason not to. Yea, that's it, keep telling yourself that. I'm beneath you because I have a lower post count. You didn't give me anything. You copied and pasted a link to an e-book that doesn't even have to do with what I asked. I seriously doubt you've even read what I originally wrote. I wasn't looking for answers. I was looking for someone to explain their theory/dogma to me, through the use of Q@A. I wasn't hostile, at all. YOU started this by dismissing what I wrote as a generic "tl;dr" and sticking to your guns that, "Earth, not Globe" was a sufficient answer.
You got an answer, and yet you still complain? Unbelievable.

Okay? First off, you never addressed the fact that YOU didn't answer the points (nice try at a sidestep there, shift the blame) and furthermore, if you go tit for tat, you leave far more questions (lfine, you got me, STATEMENTS) unanswered. Again, while this isn't good, it isn't bad. This is a very common mistake. I was just calling attention to the fact. You said in your FAQ I believe that you encourage bringing up constructive criticism to make your website better. All I was saying was giving a more complete answer wouldn't hurt.
His first statement he addressed a joke, no point in responding.
His second statement was an opinion without evidence. I'd rather just let his fail stop there, instead of pointing it out. Protect his self esteem, ya know?

By saying, "Your point" you are agreeing that NASA uses liquidation, and inquiring as to why he is bringing that up. At least, that's the way it came off to me. I could be incorrect, so, whatever, let's say, for arguments sake, that there was some combination of you inferring, and me implying (more of me implying than you inferring). The onus of clarity is still on you. Your initial statement could be taken either way; that's a knock on you, not me.
No. That does not mean I agree, it means that I am asking for clarification of his point. Are you sure you're on a debate team? This simple langauge stuff appears to confuse you.

Oh boy. Topping it off with an ad hominem attack. Thanks mate, I really appreciate it. Our conversation could have easily been you and I having a civil discussion about your  controversial, but very interesting,theories, which most people would enjoy discussing. I'm giving you an open venue to tell me things, whereas most people just completely shut the theory off, and assume anyone who believes it is innately a little daft.
You still said nothing of importance, but at least you made it a little shorter.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #100 on: August 19, 2009, 06:22:41 PM »
Okay, you got me! I made the mistake of using, "questions" when I should have used, "statements." I yield the point. It's a simple mistake, just because I made it doesn't mean I'm a weak senator.

Some statements do not merit discussion:

I lurked and i ENag'ed, both feed you nothing, but bullshit.

If someone responded to me like that, I'd ignore it. There is no point to discuss in that sentence, and if there's no point to discuss, there's no point in discussion. All it does is reveal that brian9107 has to resort to making valueless statements which serve no purpose other than to be crude for the sake of crudeness. Why legitimise his childishness by paying heed to it?
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #101 on: August 19, 2009, 07:40:23 PM »
God damn. I tried to be respectful, I tried to be nice. If you really want to just start slinging mud, fine by me mate. For god's sake, you've done nothing but thus far...

1. You never gave me an answer. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD. COPYING THE URL TO SOMETHING THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I ASKED ISN'T GIVING AN ANSWER.
2. You still didn't address any points I made in the first paragraph. I guess I'm used to that.

His first statement he addressed a joke, no point in responding.
His second statement was an opinion without evidence. I'd rather just let his fail stop there, instead of pointing it out. Protect his self esteem, ya know?

I'm tired of saying the same things over and over again. Reread the thread; you've done this multiple times. Like I said, sometimes fighting pointless battles just makes you look foolish. If you had just said, "Okay, you're right, I didn't answer some of the questions proposed." you would have saved yourself quite a bit of time and energy that really should have been saved.

No. That does not mean I agree, it means that I am asking for clarification of his point. Are you sure you're on a debate team? This simple langauge stuff appears to confuse you.

No, LANGUAGE doesn't confuse me. "Langauge" sure does though, because it isn't a word (Yes, I went there. Taste's good, eh :D.) Because what he had said previously, referring to how quite a few FE'rs (I believe, don't remember exactly) believed that NASA could kill to keep the conspiracy, wasn't denied by you. From the few posts I've seen people often make clear whether or not they agree with how outsiders, for lack of a better word, generalize the dogma of the FE'rs. My bad, I made a mistake. A logical mistake. Is that alright with you?

You still said nothing of importance, but at least you made it a little shorter.

Oh but I did. A final offering for peace, I guess. I was hoping you were at least civil enough to stop with the personal attacks and maybe we could have logical discussion. Oh, and I was also insinuating that you're incredibly immature for resorting to personal attacks on writing style and saying you refuse to respond to my questions due to post count. That's about it.

I'm sick of conversing with you. This is the last one. I've given you every chance to just give this petty qualm you have with me up, been quite civil the whole time, and yet you still insist on acting like a complete douche. If you ever want to be taken seriously in face to face encounters, in more tangible venues, you need to work on the maturity level and attitude. THINK ABOUT HOW THIS STARTED. I asked you a few questions as polite as I could (I was actually very intrigued at first), you exhibited grotesque manners, and then the shit hit the fan for no apparent reason. Seriously. I still don't know what I did to offend you.

Now was that concise enough for you, or do I need to get you some Lipton and a hot towel?
--------
Some statements do not merit discussion:

I agree mate. I guess my problem is he's only choosing to answer questions which he thinks he can win. Furthermore he hasn't exactly been Mr. Polite throughout this whole process.

If someone responded to me like that, I'd ignore it. There is no point to discuss in that sentence, and if there's no point to discuss, there's no point in discussion. All it does is reveal that brian9107 has to resort to making valueless statements which serve no purpose other than to be crude for the sake of crudeness. Why legitimise his childishness by paying heed to it?

He clearly got frustrated. He had yet to see the math/scientific proof that he had wanted to see, and got, understandably, short of patience. An easy way to answer would have been to post even one short proof. Yet none were supplied. he didn't start off being that rude, he ended up being that rude.  IMHO, it wouldn't be a bad idea to just keep a text document with some short scientific/mathematical proof that could just be copied and pasted whenever this issue comes up. I'm still new to the site, but I've yet to see any real mathematical proof.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #102 on: August 19, 2009, 07:48:56 PM »
I'm tired of saying the same things over and over again. Reread the thread; you've done this multiple times. Like I said, sometimes fighting pointless battles just makes you look foolish. If you had just said, "Okay, you're right, I didn't answer some of the questions proposed." you would have saved yourself quite a bit of time and energy that really should have been saved.
I answered all question to, what I feel is, a satisfactory answer. As stated earlier, I have no obligation to write you thesis paper for all of your questions.

Oh but I did. A final offering for peace, I guess. I was hoping you were at least civil enough to stop with the personal attacks and maybe we could have logical discussion. Oh, and I was also insinuating that you're incredibly immature for resorting to personal attacks on writing style and saying you refuse to respond to my questions due to post count. That's about it.

I'm sick of conversing with you. This is the last one. I've given you every chance to just give this petty qualm you have with me up, been quite civil the whole time, and yet you still insist on acting like a complete douche. If you ever want to be taken seriously in face to face encounters, in more tangible venues, you need to work on the maturity level and attitude. THINK ABOUT HOW THIS STARTED. I asked you a few questions as polite as I could (I was actually very intrigued at first), you exhibited grotesque manners, and then the shit hit the fan for no apparent reason. Seriously. I still don't know what I did to offend you.
Could you please quote a single personal attack I have done this whole time (towards you)?

« Reply #103 on: August 19, 2009, 08:11:42 PM »
Could you please quote a single personal attack I have done this whole time (towards you)?

I can answer that tl;dr with one sentence.
This stung a bit, dismissing what I thought was a well thought out posts with non challenging, inquisitive questions as some type of generic tl:dr that holds nothing of merit (after all, you never even read it.)

I gave you answers, be glad I even took the time time to do that. If not, then bugger off. The day I give a random RE noob with one post a cohesive ten page paper, is the day I get a check with an angry noob signature at the bottom.

Bear in mind I was never angry. I never expected a ten page paper, and I felt any of the questions would have been a joy for you to answer. Like I said, from my experience, people usually like explaining core philosophies of theirs.

Outright attack.

Are you sure you're on a debate team? This simple langauge stuff appears to confuse you.
Yes, I'm sure. No, language doesn't confuse me...

Neither did you ;). Just kidding. This is quite rude also. I was hoping you'd stop after I called attention to this the first time, yet you did it again. This isn't AP English. Concise writing isn't necessarily better, and sometimes giving a bit beefier of an answer that's more fleshed out can make things clearer to the audience.

Most of what you wrote to me had a very angry, confrontational, and defensive tone to it. These are just the examples where you're openly attacking me in plain English.

Good night mate. Five mile run tomorrow, I'll try to check back before, but if not it may be a bit.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #104 on: August 19, 2009, 08:45:40 PM »

I can answer that tl;dr with one sentence.
This stung a bit, dismissing what I thought was a well thought out posts with non challenging, inquisitive questions as some type of generic tl:dr that holds nothing of merit (after all, you never even read it.)
How was that a personal attack? It was too long, and I didn't really read it.
I gave you answers, be glad I even took the time time to do that. If not, then bugger off. The day I give a random RE noob with one post a cohesive ten page paper, is the day I get a check with an angry noob signature at the bottom.

Bear in mind I was never angry. I never expected a ten page paper, and I felt any of the questions would have been a joy for you to answer. Like I said, from my experience, people usually like explaining core philosophies of theirs.
Why do you assume I was talking about you?
Outright attack.
How is that an attack? It took you a large amount of text, and you said nothing of relevance.
Are you sure you're on a debate team? This simple langauge stuff appears to confuse you.
Yes, I'm sure. No, language doesn't confuse me...
I said it appears as though, not that you do.

?

hurrimadurr

« Reply #105 on: August 20, 2009, 02:23:07 AM »
But... Bugs Bunny threw a baseball around the world... and it came back BEHIND him... So the world MUST be round. It's the only logical explanation.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #106 on: August 20, 2009, 06:12:11 AM »
Bugs Bunny also runs around naked (except for gloves) all the time.  What's your point?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

W

« Reply #107 on: August 20, 2009, 08:52:15 AM »
But... Bugs Bunny threw a baseball around the world... and it came back BEHIND him... So the world MUST be round. It's the only logical explanation.

Yeah, a cartoon, that proves so much.  ::)
If you say that the earth is flat, you are destroying centuries of evolution.

« Reply #108 on: August 20, 2009, 10:03:44 AM »

Wow, somebody's sense of humor is broken.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »

It's not as much a lack of sense of humor, as the fact that joke was terrible.

?

hurrimadurr

« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2009, 12:54:53 PM »

Joke? I'm dead serious.
#t=2m10s

« Reply #111 on: August 20, 2009, 02:15:45 PM »

You'll pardon me if I don't take pointers on humor from someone who's stupid enough to believe the earth is flat.  Just sayin'.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #112 on: August 20, 2009, 02:27:24 PM »

You'll pardon me if I don't take pointers on humor from someone who's stupid enough to believe the earth is flat.  Just sayin'.
That statement doesn't even make sense...

?

its_round

« Reply #113 on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:09 PM »
you can very cheaply float a camera to the edge of space, and from there you can see the curve of the earth. unless your flat earth theory indeed isnt flat at all....

?

zork

« Reply #114 on: August 21, 2009, 02:51:04 AM »
  It doesn't have such a power and it does not have any power over the third countries scientific organizations. And scientist have every reason to challenge NASA if they see that it lies. And just drop a hint of it to some yellow newspaper and it's out there in the world in seconds.
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

« Reply #115 on: August 21, 2009, 05:40:50 AM »
You are talking of a farce of unheard of proportions. Can you at least point to something similar? This is a very hard pill to swallow if I can't think of anything on  a tenth of the scale.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #116 on: August 21, 2009, 12:13:17 PM »
  It doesn't have such a power and it does not have any power over the third countries scientific organizations. And scientist have every reason to challenge NASA if they see that it lies. And just drop a hint of it to some yellow newspaper and it's out there in the world in seconds.
Are you really saying that a lone scientist from a third world country could topple one of the most powerful organizations, in the scientific world?

?

zork

« Reply #117 on: August 21, 2009, 12:27:29 PM »
Are you really saying that a lone scientist from a third world country could topple one of the most powerful organizations, in the scientific world?
Are yo really saying there are only one scientist for all the other countries outside USA?
Rowbotham had bad eyesight
-
http://thulescientific.com/Lynch%20Curvature%202008.pdf - Visually discerning the curvature of the Earth
http://thulescientific.com/TurbulentShipWakes_Lynch_AO_2005.pdf - Turbulent ship wakes:further evidence that the Earth is round.

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #118 on: August 21, 2009, 01:13:29 PM »
Are yo really saying there are only one scientist for all the other countries outside USA?
Are you really saying that every country besides the USA is a third world country?

« Reply #119 on: August 21, 2009, 02:18:08 PM »
Waste of Mind, could you please clarify exactly why it benefits NASA to lie about the earth being round?  Through the whole thread, you haven't done much to back up that statement.  In any case, a question posed to you before you still haven't answered:  How does NASA benefit from lying?  The quick answer is to say money.  Basically they fake some pictures, foreign objects like moon rocks and dust, and fake all the data.  fine.  Cool.  So they fake it to get money.  But why fake it?  Considering they develop whole new theorems, scientific 'fact', pictures, etc etc... to me that would be way more costly and time consuming than if they were to just use things that actually check out scientifically.  So, really, money really can't explain any sort of motive.  That isn't to say they aren't lying... it just isn't a good argument to use for it.

On a side note, your 'math' example was horrid.  Aside from the obvious dividing by zero, it is a completely flawed example.  For instance, I could say that:
a=b
a= 4 , b=6
4=6

There is one thing completely wrong with this example.  The assumption of equality.  By the assertion that a=b, there is no possible way to then say that a=4 and b=6.  Saying that means a /= b and the initial assumption is false.  Or, it means you have the wrong information regarding what a and b equal.

In any case, if it were a conspiracy, it is an expensive one.  Imagine the amount of people that would need to be added to the payroll to keep quiet all the time.  Especially in the case of the private commercial trips.  Anyone that got a ride with them would need to be brought in.  New hires at NASA and other space agencies yearly would need to be brought in.  It doesn't seem like a very cost effective way at generating cash for themselves after all.

Lastly, how would someone explain the Coriolis Effect which, if not true, can be tested and shown to be there?