Explain THIS flat earthers!

• 202 Replies
?

wille_cools

« Reply #180 on: November 28, 2006, 08:11:09 AM »
Hi can someone wrote me back about fact that prowe the erth is flat. Many people belive not when you dont have answer on their questions.

Write me soon William/ Near the flath

« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2006, 09:35:35 AM »
Quote from: "wille_cools"
Hi can someone wrote me back about fact that prowe the erth is flat. Many people belive not when you dont have answer on their questions.

Write me soon William/ Near the flath

What are you talkng about?
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

« Reply #182 on: December 03, 2006, 12:37:15 AM »
While I'm amazed while I'm amazed my little thread has stayed on the front page in the months I have been away from this forum, I would ask you all to stay on topic.  I am STILL waiting for someone to address the argument I have made on page 1 and page 6.

I am even more amazed by the fact that no one has commented on what I said about leprechauns on page 6. I thought it was quite funny, but that’s probably just because I wrote it.

If you are not going to refute a majority of the arguments made on page one, or make counterpoints to my counterpoints on page 6, your comments most likely belong in another thread.

« Reply #183 on: December 03, 2006, 03:01:32 AM »
Still my favorite thread. Pretty much proves the brainlessness of every FE who can't answer the questions with good answers.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=2955.0

?

joffenz

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #184 on: December 03, 2006, 05:24:23 AM »
Xargo, I will attempt to answer all your points but I will need some time to write up my post.

« Reply #185 on: December 30, 2006, 11:58:14 AM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"
Xargo, I will attempt to answer all your points but I will need some time to write up my post.

That must be one long post!
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

« Reply #186 on: December 30, 2006, 12:17:03 PM »
Quote from: "cheesejoff"

Posted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 1:24 pm

Yeah, right.
quot;Earth is flat because there is a conspiracy, and there is a conspiracy because the Earth is flat" - Makes sense, duh.

« Reply #187 on: January 01, 2007, 02:41:44 AM »
We are still waiting for that post Cheesejoff.
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #188 on: January 01, 2007, 06:07:58 AM »
Perhaps they wait and hope that everyone will forget...one strategy a week.
eel free to correct my language, thanks.

But if there aren't arguments there is ... THE CONSPIRACY! That's a practical little thing...

"In the grand scheme of things, those with the prettiest pictures will win." (Seriously)

« Reply #189 on: January 02, 2007, 02:43:05 AM »
Cheesejoff is a liar.
Cheesejoff is a lair
Cheesejoff is a lair.
Cheesejoff is a lair.
Cheesejoff is a lair.
Cheesejoff is a lair.
Cheesejoff is a liar.
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #190 on: January 03, 2007, 09:18:17 AM »
Well, I guess the FEers have conceded. My fellow REers we have pwned the Flat Earth Society.
FE Pwnage Archive

midgard

« Reply #191 on: January 03, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"
Well, I guess the FEers have conceded. My fellow REers we have pwned the Flat Earth Society.

Either that or you guys just get upset and cry like little babies when we give you an answer you don't like.

« Reply #192 on: January 03, 2007, 11:13:55 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"
Either that or you guys just get upset and cry like little babies when we give you an answer you don't like.

Well we're crying because cheesejoff promised to post an answer about a month ago and still hasn't posted it. So far, Xargon has won the round.

« Reply #193 on: January 04, 2007, 12:04:49 AM »
We are still waiting for Cheesejoff to post.
FE Pwnage Archive

midgard

Re: Explain THIS flat earthers!
« Reply #194 on: January 04, 2007, 04:49:40 AM »
Quote from: "Xargon"
*Satellites

*Satellite TV

*GPS systems, which use satellites.

*Satellite radio.

Stratellites.

*The fact that anybody can see satellites, when away from the city lights on a clear night.  (Satellites look and move VERY different from airplanes or “shooting stars”)

Stratellites.

*Zero G footage (in space), made by NASA, lasting longer than 25 seconds (the maximum time zero G can be sustained by NASA’s “Vomit Comet”).

Why go with NASA? Why not go with footage from the Matrix or some other special effects gurus?

*They round appearance of all the planets, which can bee seen by any amateur with a decent telescope. And by “round,” I do not merely mean that they look like circular discs. I mean that features, such as the craters of the moon, are distorted looking near the “edge” as the curve away from view.

Perhaps they are round. What's the point?

*A very large pendulum will appear to change direction, as the earth rotates under it. (This can be seen in science museums all over the world.)

Ethereal winds rotate due to the sun's orbit across the skies. This also causes different rotations in the different hemidiscs.

*Satellite imagery, showing a curved earth.

Faked by the Conspiracy.

*The fact that maps of the round earth hold true for those piloting / navigating / driving: airplanes, ships, and land vehicles.  If the earth is in any way different, from the way it is currently mapped, (such as the idea that it looks like the UN flag), then distances would differ greatly than they do on the map of the round earth, which they don’t.  The maps that are built off of a round earth accurately depict the distance, and directions of any two points on earth.

You only believe this to be true. In reality the distances are vastly different than you realise. Also, we have no accurate maps of Flat Earth so you don't have anything to compare it against.

*On the subject of distances on maps, I would encourage you try one of these programs:

NASA’s World Wind and Google’s Google Earth.  Both are programs that have the entire spherical earth, mapped, and photographed in 3D.  Google Earth even has a measuring tool.  How could this work properly if the map was being distorted as part of a conspiracy?

Why wouldn't it work properly? It's a bunch of photos chucked onto a model sphere with vast chunks of poor resolution photos that you could loose a whole town in (I know because you can barely make out the town where my mum lives). They distorted the dimensions so it works. As for the distances: they aren't even accurate - I measured the distances along the roads and compared it with what I got in my car and Google Earth was always out.

*The sheer number of people who work for NASA, the military, airlines, weather services, satellite design and manufacturing, companies that design navigational systems and the companies that support those organizations.

Where was the question in this point? Did you want me to confirm that there are loads of people that work for these organisations?

*The fact that modern warships can fire artillery shells so far, they must account for the curvature of the earth when calculating its trajectory. That is, the shell goes over the horizon. This is also true of missiles.

Conspiracy.

*Radio’s having a farther range at night, as the radio waves bounce off of the earth’s curved ionosphere: AM radio stations must cut their transmitting power in the evening, to prevent one station from bleeding over to the next. Ham radio operators can take advantage of this effect, and transmit and receive signals to and from other continents.

They can also do this during the day time!!! Not only that but the number of layers of the ionosphere is less at night time then during the day - which is why you use less power at night than during the day. Don't speak about radios - you don't know jack.

*The sun is always setting and rising at the same time somewhere on earth.

The same is true on Flat Earth.

*Ocean tides and their relation ship to the moon’s orbit around earth. (This is also evidence of gravity.)

Tides a caused by a giant, 2-bladed mixer under all the continents.

*Why the lit half** of the moon is always the one facing the sun.  Look at the moon during sunset and see for yourself.  During a full moon, the sun will be on the opposite side of the sky from the moon.  This is why lunar eclipses only occur during a full moon: that is when the earth is between the sun and moon.  The reverse is true of a new moon: the sun is always behind the moon, (so the part we can’t see is the lit half**), and this is the only time  a solar eclipses can occur: because the moon is between the earth and sun.  When only half of the visible moon** is lit, it is the half facing the sun.  How is any of this possible if the earth is flat?

I've witnessed it so it's obviously possible on a flat earth.

**There is no true dark side of the moon. Half the moon is always lit, and which half changes as it orbits around the earth, which it does at the same speed it rotates, so the same side of the moon is always facing us.  The moon budges on this side, due to earth’s gravity.

Are you talking about the farside or the darkside? They both exist, the darkside is the dark half of the moon (which changes), the farside is 47% or so of the moon that always faces away from the earth.

*The earth’s round shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse, and the moon’s round shadow on earth during a solar eclipse.

Not caused by the earth.

*Only some parts of the earth can see a solar eclipse, when they do occur. (From space, it looks like a round shadow (the moon’s) being cast onto the earth surface.)

This would be true on the flat earth too.

*The fact that our model of the solar system (including how the earth orbits the sun), so accurately predicts where the moon, planets, and stars will appear in the sky on any given day,(It also predicts lunar and solar eclipses.) while no such model exists for a flat earth universe.

This is just evidence that the Conspirators are extremely clever and keeping themselves hidden should be child's play next to this.

*The seasons, and why they are opposite on the different sides of the equator. (January is Australia’s Summer, but North America's Winter.)

This really is explained in the FAQ. Are you trying to hide your lack of quality with quantity?

*Why the numbers of hours of daylight are longer or shorter (depending on the time of year) the closer one is to  the earth’s poles.

Again, see above. It's not the quantity of questions that matter - it's the quality. I'm already getting sick of answering these, I can see why most Flat Earthers haven't bothered. All of them are covered continuously in loads of other threads so why put them all together?

I digress...

*The Northern and Southern hemispheres have different views of the night sky.  Ask any astronomer, and they’ll tell you that the southern hemisphere’s view is better.

Stars lights are reflected off of the earth's atmosphere at a certain angle. This generates different stars that can be viewed from the different hemidiscs.

*The relative locations of the North Pole, South Pole, and the equator. (All three can’t even exist simultaneously in a flat earth model.)

They can and do. You say they can't but as with most of your arguments you fail to say why they can't.

I fucking hope I'm at half way already.

*Compasses: if the magnetic North and South poles were two points on a flat surface, it would be possible to pass one of them, and be facing both poles at the same time. This means one pole would be closer to you than the other and that you, the north pole, and the south pole, could form a straight line.  Just can’t happen, as shown by compass needles, because magnetic North and South are never in the same direction.

Magnetism is covered in two other threads. If you wish to discuss the properties of magnetism you can find the links to the threads in... the FAQ!

I swear I'm gonna have arthritis in my wrists by the end of this.

*Any of the round earth arguments here.  Many of which you can try for yourself.

I've already been bored half to death by this thread I'm certainly not going to go somewhere else to get bored to death.

Could it be a conspiracy?

Yes.

What would be the point?

When they're uncovered you can ask them yourself.

Re: Explain THIS flat earthers!
« Reply #195 on: January 04, 2007, 10:19:37 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"
*Satellites

*Satellite TV

*GPS systems, which use satellites.

*Satellite radio.

Stratellites.

What the fuck is a stratellite!

*The fact that anybody can see satellites, when away from the city lights on a clear night.  (Satellites look and move VERY different from airplanes or “shooting stars”)

Stratellites.

Are these some kind of low orbiting version of satellites?

*Zero G footage (in space), made by NASA, lasting longer than 25 seconds (the maximum time zero G can be sustained by NASA’s “Vomit Comet”).

Why go with NASA? Why not go with footage from the Matrix or some other special effects gurus?

In stead of being a dick, why not answer how the ZeroG scenes in Apollo 13 were made.

*They round appearance of all the planets, which can bee seen by any amateur with a decent telescope. And by “round,” I do not merely mean that they look like circular discs. I mean that features, such as the craters of the moon, are distorted looking near the “edge” as the curve away from view.

Perhaps they are round. What's the point?

The point is: eight (or seven depending on your preferance) planets in our Solar System and one (us) of them is flat? Only one?

*A very large pendulum will appear to change direction, as the earth rotates under it. (This can be seen in science museums all over the world.)

Ethereal winds rotate due to the sun's orbit across the skies. This also causes different rotations in the different hemidiscs.

This would be nice with some proof.
*Satellite imagery, showing a curved earth.

Faked by the Conspiracy.

Proof?

*The fact that maps of the round earth hold true for those piloting / navigating / driving: airplanes, ships, and land vehicles.  If the earth is in any way different, from the way it is currently mapped, (such as the idea that it looks like the UN flag), then distances would differ greatly than they do on the map of the round earth, which they don’t.  The maps that are built off of a round earth accurately depict the distance, and directions of any two points on earth.

You only believe this to be true. In reality the distances are vastly different than you realise. Also, we have no accurate maps of Flat Earth so you don't have anything to compare it against.

There is more evidence that points to it being round than flat.

*On the subject of distances on maps, I would encourage you try one of these programs:

NASA’s World Wind and Google’s Google Earth.  Both are programs that have the entire spherical earth, mapped, and photographed in 3D.  Google Earth even has a measuring tool.  How could this work properly if the map was being distorted as part of a conspiracy?

Why wouldn't it work properly? It's a bunch of photos chucked onto a model sphere with vast chunks of poor resolution photos that you could loose a whole town in (I know because you can barely make out the town where my mum lives). They distorted the dimensions so it works. As for the distances: they aren't even accurate - I measured the distances along the roads and compared it with what I got in my car and Google Earth was always out.

Show us the numbers.

*The sheer number of people who work for NASA, the military, airlines, weather services, satellite design and manufacturing, companies that design navigational systems and the companies that support those organizations.

Where was the question in this point? Did you want me to confirm that there are loads of people that work for these organisations?

He was just asking what the logistics of a conspiracy involving half the earth's population would be.

*The fact that modern warships can fire artillery shells so far, they must account for the curvature of the earth when calculating its trajectory. That is, the shell goes over the horizon. This is also true of missiles.

Conspiracy.
Proof!

*Radio’s having a farther range at night, as the radio waves bounce off of the earth’s curved ionosphere: AM radio stations must cut their transmitting power in the evening, to prevent one station from bleeding over to the next. Ham radio operators can take advantage of this effect, and transmit and receive signals to and from other continents.

They can also do this during the day time!!! Not only that but the number of layers of the ionosphere is less at night time then during the day - which is why you use less power at night than during the day. Don't speak about radios - you don't know jack.

Neither do I so I'll leave this for someone who does.

*The sun is always setting and rising at the same time somewhere on earth.

The same is true on Flat Earth.

Not due to optical illustions tough.

*Ocean tides and their relation ship to the moon’s orbit around earth. (This is also evidence of gravity.)

Tides a caused by a giant, 2-bladed mixer under all the continents.

Should I even comment on the retardedness of this post

*Why the lit half** of the moon is always the one facing the sun.  Look at the moon during sunset and see for yourself.  During a full moon, the sun will be on the opposite side of the sky from the moon.  This is why lunar eclipses only occur during a full moon: that is when the earth is between the sun and moon.  The reverse is true of a new moon: the sun is always behind the moon, (so the part we can’t see is the lit half**), and this is the only time  a solar eclipses can occur: because the moon is between the earth and sun.  When only half of the visible moon** is lit, it is the half facing the sun.  How is any of this possible if the earth is flat?

I've witnessed it so it's obviously possible on a flat earth.

**There is no true dark side of the moon. Half the moon is always lit, and which half changes as it orbits around the earth, which it does at the same speed it rotates, so the same side of the moon is always facing us.  The moon budges on this side, due to earth’s gravity.

Are you talking about the farside or the darkside? They both exist, the darkside is the dark half of the moon (which changes), the farside is 47% or so of the moon that always faces away from the earth.

*The earth’s round shadow on the moon during a lunar eclipse, and the moon’s round shadow on earth during a solar eclipse.

Not caused by the earth.

Caused by what then? The Conspiracy?

*Only some parts of the earth can see a solar eclipse, when they do occur. (From space, it looks like a round shadow (the moon’s) being cast onto the earth surface.)

This would be true on the flat earth too.

*The fact that our model of the solar system (including how the earth orbits the sun), so accurately predicts where the moon, planets, and stars will appear in the sky on any given day,(It also predicts lunar and solar eclipses.) while no such model exists for a flat earth universe.

This is just evidence that the Conspirators are extremely clever and keeping themselves hidden should be child's play next to this.

:roll: Yeah, like thats an answer
*The seasons, and why they are opposite on the different sides of the equator. (January is Australia’s Summer, but North America's Winter.)

This really is explained in the FAQ. Are you trying to hide your lack of quality with quantity?

:lol: When backed into a corner, resort to insults

*Why the numbers of hours of daylight are longer or shorter (depending on the time of year) the closer one is to  the earth’s poles.

Again, see above. It's not the quantity of questions that matter - it's the quality. I'm already getting sick of answering these, I can see why most Flat Earthers haven't bothered. All of them are covered continuously in loads of other threads so why put them all together?

Correction, all of thise are posted in other threads, that the flat earthers ignore and let slip down the page.

I digress...

*The Northern and Southern hemispheres have different views of the night sky.  Ask any astronomer, and they’ll tell you that the southern hemisphere’s view is better.

Stars lights are reflected off of the earth's atmosphere at a certain angle. This generates different stars that can be viewed from the different hemidiscs.

:shock: Are you serious?

*The relative locations of the North Pole, South Pole, and the equator. (All three can’t even exist simultaneously in a flat earth model.)

They can and do. You say they can't but as with most of your arguments you fail to say why they can't.

Some thing to do with magnetic feilds or something.

I fraking hope I'm at half way already.

Me too.

*Compasses: if the magnetic North and South poles were two points on a flat surface, it would be possible to pass one of them, and be facing both poles at the same time. This means one pole would be closer to you than the other and that you, the north pole, and the south pole, could form a straight line.  Just can’t happen, as shown by compass needles, because magnetic North and South are never in the same direction.

Magnetism is covered in two other threads. If you wish to discuss the properties of magnetism you can find the links to the threads in... the FAQ!

I swear I'm gonna have arthritis in my wrists by the end of this.

*Any of the round earth arguments here.  Many of which you can try for yourself.

I've already been bored half to death by this thread I'm certainly not going to go somewhere else to get bored to death.

Could it be a conspiracy?

Yes.

What would be the point?

When they're uncovered you can ask them yourself.

:roll:
FE Pwnage Archive

?

rofl

« Reply #196 on: January 04, 2007, 12:32:12 PM »
I think this post showed one thing!!
FUCK YOU FE*ERS RRARRR!
fft who needs evidence when you can just say it's a conspiracy.
/Sigh
Wise words of
-Jake

?

Staan

« Reply #197 on: January 04, 2007, 04:20:34 PM »
Everything you said was either a duplicate of about five other things you said or have nothing to do with the earth being flat or round.

« Reply #198 on: January 04, 2007, 04:23:19 PM »
well thats because your still calling the earth a planet because thats the only word available to you.

other planets and the earth are different things, as the apple and desk are different things.

there may be other things like the earth. but seeing as we cannot leave the earth, we'll never know.

« Reply #199 on: January 05, 2007, 12:43:37 PM »
Cheesejoff is online now.
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #200 on: January 05, 2007, 04:41:56 PM »

other planets and the earth are different things, as the apple and desk are different things.

there may be other things like the earth. but seeing as we cannot leave the earth, we'll never know.
Code: [Select]

wow.

earth and other planets are different things. earth = planet

actually, if you had read the news, or watched tv, or learned about it in school, we can leave the planet. even in your silly flat earth you can (probably) send a spacecraft off of antartica or somthing. exept there are all this guards and automatic turrets guarding it so it would be tough.

he kinds of equations that they have now are the kinds of equations you would get in an approximation scheme to some underlying theory, but nobody knows what the underlying theory is.

discover magazine

?

ledzeppelin321295

« Reply #201 on: January 07, 2007, 11:45:30 AM »
The way it stands out to me is this. All the flat-earthers are overlooking one thing about the conspiracy:

WHAT"S THE POINT?

What is the purpose of claiming the Earth is flat and discovering large amounts of evidence that support the theory. What's to be gained. How will they be affected. It doesn't add up. There's simply no point. Any FEer who can give me an excuse to cover up a huge conspiracy about the shape of the Earth, feel free to tell me.

« Reply #202 on: January 07, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »
Quote from: "ledzeppelin321295"
The way it stands out to me is this. All the flat-earthers are overlooking one thing about the conspiracy:

WHAT"S THE POINT?

What is the purpose of claiming the Earth is flat and discovering large amounts of evidence that support the theory. What's to be gained. How will they be affected. It doesn't add up. There's simply no point. Any FEer who can give me an excuse to cover up a huge conspiracy about the shape of the Earth, feel free to tell me.

Quote from: "The FAQs"
Q: "What is the motive behind this conspiracy?"

A: The motive is unknown although it is probably money