Austrailian politics do not exist

• 35 Replies
?

17 November

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: Austrailian politics do not exist
« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2011, 06:06:44 PM »
I dont' think he's a horrible person for meowing at her, but he deserved to be called on it.
Concur.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2011, 06:08:54 PM »
I dont' think he's a horrible person for meowing at her, but he deserved to be called on it.

This is pretty much my view. It's not a huge deal, but it was still a dumb, boorish thing to do.

Also, leaving aside the sexist aspect of it, I don't buy Horatio's general point. I get where he's coming from, but just because petty insults and personal attacks are common in politics doesn't mean they are okay. These people are being paid to represent their constituents, and I find it hard to believe that their manifestos included such pledges as "I will tell people to fuck off rather than present a legitimate argument". The fact that politicians regularly engage in such behaviour does not justify politicians regularly engaging in such behaviour.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

?

Around And About

• Circular Logic Falls Flat
« Reply #32 on: June 02, 2011, 08:45:58 PM »
The fact that politicians regularly engage in such behaviour does not justify politicians regularly engaging in such behaviour.

Q.F.T.
I'm not black nor a thug, I'm more like god who will bring 7 plagues of flat earth upon your ass.

?

Mrs. Peach

• Official Member
« Reply #33 on: June 02, 2011, 09:51:20 PM »
Meh. I think the lady in question would have served herself better if she'd given the meower person a raised eyebrow for about three quarters of a beat and then moved on.  But that's just me, nothing wrong with her method.

Trekky0623

• Official Member
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2011, 09:56:38 PM »
Meh. I think the lady in question would have served herself better if she'd given the meower person a raised eyebrow for about three quarters of a beat and then moved on.  But that's just me, nothing wrong with her method.

This. Sometimes subtlety is best. I once pulled out in front of somebody while driving and instead of the infamous finger, I got the slow clap. Shook me to the bones. :(

?

Demouse

• Mods don't like my haiku
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2011, 11:11:08 PM »

Our Liberal's tend to be conservative.

The Liberals are technically the more conservative party but in reality there is no difference between the two.

The Greens are the closest thing to a left wing party we have and they only side with labour over liberal because they are supposed to be the left wing party so it looks better to people who don't pay much attention to polotics but want to vote left.

Oh Skycake.... Why are you so delicious?