satellites

• 112 Replies
Re: satellites
« Reply #90 on: December 30, 2009, 07:53:26 PM »
In any case, even if this guy did see something in his scope get a little brighter at the exact moment NASA claimed they were doing something that could generate such an effect, doesn't that just show that whatever object stands in for the ISS is capable of imitating other ISS-based activity as well?  Why are we even surprised by this?

You are inventing evidence to support Flat Earth Theory.
There is evidence for a NASA conspiracy. Please search.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #91 on: December 31, 2009, 01:35:21 AM »
Does not mean anything about timestamps or similar, it could mean what you can see visually in the video, in this case, where the astronaut is in relation to the station.

From http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2009/12/sts119eva2090321n-660x509.jpg

"According to the data from helmet cam video recordings, and calculated from the point of sunset in the video and during the pass, timing and location indicated the space walker as Joe Acaba working most Earth-faced during these seconds of recordings"

Obviously the photographer is comparing his photographs to timing data from the helmet cam footage to locate the astronaut down to the exact second.

It's curious how he is able to do this as there are no timestamps on the footage.

Still doesn't say anything about time stamps, all it says is that he used the sunset and passing to work out the timing and location of the spacewalk compared to the NASA clips.

All it is, is comparing the visual information obtained in the videos to gather enough information so that it indicates who it is.
Nothing else.

So what video information allowed him to compare timing data down to the second if there are no timestamps?  ???

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2010, 07:25:49 AM »
Does not mean anything about timestamps or similar, it could mean what you can see visually in the video, in this case, where the astronaut is in relation to the station.

From http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/wiredscience/2009/12/sts119eva2090321n-660x509.jpg

"According to the data from helmet cam video recordings, and calculated from the point of sunset in the video and during the pass, timing and location indicated the space walker as Joe Acaba working most Earth-faced during these seconds of recordings"

Obviously the photographer is comparing his photographs to timing data from the helmet cam footage to locate the astronaut down to the exact second.

It's curious how he is able to do this as there are no timestamps on the footage.

Still doesn't say anything about time stamps, all it says is that he used the sunset and passing to work out the timing and location of the spacewalk compared to the NASA clips.

All it is, is comparing the visual information obtained in the videos to gather enough information so that it indicates who it is.
Nothing else.

So what video information allowed him to compare timing data down to the second if there are no timestamps?  ???

WHERE DOES IT SAY THAT THE PHOTOGRAPHER WAS THE ONE DOING THE COMPARISON?? He could've submitted the footage to NASA and they cross-referenced it. So it's still part of the conspiracy. Don't worry Tom. You're covered.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2010, 08:28:22 AM »
As I had mentioned before, I wrote to Ralf asking him about the photo.  Here is what he had to say:
Mark,
The problem is that those public files seem to have been removed after about
a half year. At that time much, including the exact point of pass, was
available at:
http://www.space-multimedia.nl.eu.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4845:sts-119-eva-2-full-coverage&catid=1

Ralf

----- Original Message -----
To: "Ralf Vandebergh" <ralf>
Sent: Thursday, December 31, 2009 3:37 AM
Subject: Re: Re: STS-119, EVA-2 photo question

> Hi Ralf,
>
> Thank you for your response.  Just out of curiosity, what was your source
for the helmet cam footage that you used?  I tried checking some of the NASA
multimedia sites, but it can be something of a challenge.  If you could
provide me a link, that would be most helpful.
>
> Again, thank you for your assistance,
>
> Mark
>
> ---- Ralf Vandebergh <ralf> wrote:
> > Hi Mark,
> >
> > Thank you for your comments. I came to this conclusion due to the fact that all available video data
> > taken from the station, especially helmet cam recordings indicate that Acaba was working the most
> > Earth-faced. This shot, taken above the Atlantic, just before crossing Europe, (were I was waiting in
> > the twilight) shows the general position of the spacewalkers. The shot is from Swanson's helmet cam
> > (number 16) and you see that Acaba is on the Earth facing side. However, during the next minutes over
> > Europe, their position chanced quite a bit, Acaba moved little more left and Swanson moved out of the
> > truss, but Acaba was still the most Earth-faced positioned. It's not impossible though, that also Swanson
> > makes out a part of my image.
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> >
> > Ralf
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Thermal Detonator

• Definitively the best avatar maker.
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2010, 08:37:54 AM »
Well Tom won't believe that. It's a first hand account from Ralf, he won't consider that to be good enough evidence.  ::)
Gayer doesn't live in an atmosphere of vaporised mustard like you appear to, based on your latest photo.

?

Gigamonsta

• Earth Shape Agnostic (ESA) - QUESTION EVERYTHING
« Reply #95 on: January 01, 2010, 09:35:17 AM »
Well Tom won't believe that. It's a first hand account from Ralf, he won't consider that to be good enough evidence.  ::)

wats ralph job like? does it pay alot? maybe inm these trying times the conspiracy gave him a heft sum of cash to shut his mouth? look at obama vs senator nelson. nelson got bribed with money for hnis state to support communist hewalth care in america. food for thought.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #96 on: January 01, 2010, 02:18:11 PM »
As I had mentioned before, I wrote to Ralf asking him about the photo.  Here is what he had to say:

Great, so now we know that he didn't hand off the photos to NASA for analysis, and that he pinpointed the astronaut down to the minute himself.

This is what the helmet cam recordings look like:

How was Ralf able to correlate his photo to the footage from the helmet cam to pinpoint the astronaut down to the second if there are no timestamps?  ???
« Last Edit: January 01, 2010, 05:37:27 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #97 on: January 01, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »
How was Ralf able to correlate his photo to the footage from the helmet cam to pinpoint the astronaut down to the second if there are no timestamps?  ???

Apparently, he didn't.  If you read his replies more closely, you will notice that admits that he more or less made an educated guess using information that he had available at the time.

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #98 on: January 01, 2010, 11:33:00 PM »
Nothing else.

As I said.

Doesn't take a genius to work out what he did, apparently some of us are lacking though and like to make up things that don't exist by reading too far into things.

owai-

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2010, 06:05:31 PM »
How was Ralf able to correlate his photo to the footage from the helmet cam to pinpoint the astronaut down to the second if there are no timestamps?  ???

Apparently, he didn't.  If you read his replies more closely, you will notice that admits that he more or less made an educated guess using information that he had available at the time.

From the email Vandebergh says:

"However, during the next minutes over Europe, their position chanced quite a bit, Acaba moved little more left and Swanson moved out of the truss, but Acaba was still the most Earth-faced positioned."

Vandebergh is obviously implying that he was able to correlate the positions of the astronauts in the footage down to the minutes and seconds with the images he took on earth.

How can he do this if there are no timestamps?  ???

From the image in the OP he says:

"timing and location indicated the spacewalker as Joe Acaba working most Earth-faced during these seconds of recording."

How as he able to track the spaceman down to the second if there are no timestamps on the recordings?  ???
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:51:18 PM by Tom Bishop »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #100 on: January 02, 2010, 06:57:03 PM »
No one said astronauts could be tracked down to the second.

R. Vandebergh does.

No one said there were time stamps.

I know there aren't any time stamps. Which makes the claims of correlating the timing of the photo to the astronaut's helmet cam nonsense.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 06:58:40 PM by Tom Bishop »

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #101 on: January 02, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
No he doesn't. lrn2read.

Yes he did. Here are those quotes again:

"However, during the next minutes over Europe, their position chanced quite a bit, Acaba moved little more left and Swanson moved out of the truss, but Acaba was still the most Earth-faced positioned."

"timing and location indicated the spacewalker as Joe Acaba working most Earth-faced during these seconds of recording."

Vandebergh is obviously saying that he is able to match the timing from the helmet cams to the timing from his picture, to identify the astronaut down to the second.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:22:20 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #102 on: January 02, 2010, 10:18:31 PM »
Vandebergh is obviously saying that he is able to match the timing from the helmet cams to the timing from his picture, to identify the astronaut down to the second.

Tom, by continuing this discussion, are you conceding that Vandebergh did actually take photographs of the ISS as he claimed?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #103 on: January 02, 2010, 10:20:33 PM »
Tom, by continuing this discussion, are you conceding that Vandebergh did actually take photographs of the ISS as he claimed?

It can't be as he claimed, seeing as he is a demonstrate liar.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #104 on: January 02, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »

It can't be as he claimed, seeing as he is a demonstrate liar.

What did he lie about?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #105 on: January 02, 2010, 10:24:31 PM »
What did he lie about?

He lied about identifying the astronaut, and telling us that it's proven that the little white dot in the picture is an astronaut.

"Oh I proved that the little dot in the image is an astronaut with the timing from the helmet cam recordings"

"It's the first image of a man in space!!"
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 10:32:38 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #106 on: January 02, 2010, 10:34:02 PM »
What did he lie about?

He lied about identifying the astronaut, and telling us that it's proven that the little white dot in the picture is an astronaut.

"Oh I proved that the little dot in the image is an astronaut with the timing from the hemlet cam recordings"

"It's the first picture of a man in space, proven with helmet cam recordings"

If you read the emails that I posted, he essentially said that it was an educated guess from the information that he had available.  He never said that he was 100% sure, just that it was most likely Acaba.  Even if he is wrong about the identity of the astronaut, so what?  That doesn't change the fact that Vandebergh took several photos of the ISS with an astronaut visible outside.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #107 on: January 02, 2010, 11:20:50 PM »
If you read the emails that I posted, he essentially said that it was an educated guess from the information that he had available.  He never said that he was 100% sure, just that it was most likely Acaba.  Even if he is wrong about the identity of the astronaut, so what?  That doesn't change the fact that Vandebergh took several photos of the ISS with an astronaut visible outside.

It's not an astronaut. It's a little white smudge on a blurry photo. I can pick out plenty of other little white smudges on that image.

The author tells us that he 'proved' that it's an astronaut with his helmet cam nonsense, implying that he was able to check the astronaut to the helmet cam footage being shot at the time to pinpoint the astronaut.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 08:42:45 AM by Tom Bishop »

?

flyingmonkey

• Troll trolling Trolls
« Reply #108 on: January 03, 2010, 12:23:56 AM »
I don't see any of your proof against it.

All I see is you arguing that it was an educated guess and shouldn't be taken as the whole pie - which we already know.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #109 on: January 03, 2010, 07:22:44 AM »
It's not an astronaut. It's a little white smudge on a blurry photo. I can pick out plenty of other little white smudges on that image.

Tom, you're missing the forest for all the trees.  It's a picture if the ISS in orbit.  I haven't seen you deny that part of the photo yet. 

« Reply #110 on: January 03, 2010, 01:50:30 PM »

No he's saying that a few seconds of recording indicate Joe Acaba was probably on the Earth faced side at the time the photograph was taken.

I still don't know what point you're trying to make.

?

Tristan

• Bendy Earth Proponent
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2010, 07:38:53 AM »
The author tells us that he 'proved' that it's an astronaut with his helmet cam nonsense, implying that he was able to check the astronaut to the helmet cam footage being shot at the time to pinpoint the astronaut.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Photographer implying that he had access to information that Tom can't find on Google = Proof of an ancient, global conspiracy to hide the truth that the earth is flat.

In the same way that:

3rd Assistant Director on "Lord of the Rings" implying that Elijah Wood didn't need much make-up to play Frodo Baggins = Proof of the existence of Hobbits.
Image used in Avatar:
"Duck Dodgers™ in the 24&1/2th Century"
© Warner Brothers Animation
All Rights Reserved

« Reply #112 on: January 26, 2010, 06:44:55 AM »
Excuses me...
If earth is flat...
How satellites orbiting the 'flat earth'
PLZ Answer,...