Poll

Does Papa Legba understand newtons third law?

No
67 (87%)
Yes
10 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Newtons third law

• 1644 Replies

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Newtons third law
« Reply #270 on: June 02, 2016, 06:26:19 AM »
Edit.
Also thats my quote you're putting on Markjo, it was from the physics website that I got the easy to understand definition of N3. Tried to make it easier on you.
Oh, Papa Legba knows full well where that quote came from.  It's just another example of his complete and shameless intellectual dishonesty.

Just like pretending that an object can't carry its own reaction mass.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
  • Welcome to the CIA Troll/Shill Society.
« Reply #271 on: June 02, 2016, 09:39:18 AM »
Haha, I've shown this entire forum to my colleagues (We're all PhD students)

No you haven't & no you aren't.

According to yourself, is what I'm saying true or false, and why?

Don't care.

Also, why the 'meh'?

Because nonsense.

Here's N3 for you to misinterpret for the 29,000,000th time:

Newton's Third Law

Identifying Action and Reaction Force Pairs

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

Examples of Interaction Force Pairs
A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.
I got Trolled & Shilled at the CIA Troll/Shill Society and now I feel EPIC!!!

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #272 on: June 02, 2016, 11:48:35 AM »
the pushing of fuel away from the rocket results in the rocket being pushed forwards.

Said the retard.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #273 on: June 02, 2016, 12:36:07 PM »
Scared, are you?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #274 on: June 02, 2016, 02:08:06 PM »
Here's N3 for you to misinterpret for the 29,000,000th time:

Newton's Third Law

A force is a push or a pull that acts upon an object as a results of its interaction with another object. Forces result from interactions!

A variety of action-reaction force pairs are evident in nature. Consider the propulsion of a fish through the water. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water. The size of the force on the water equals the size of the force on the fish; the direction of the force on the water (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the fish (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction force. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for fish to swim.

Consider the flying motion of birds. A bird flies by use of its wings. The wings of a bird push air downwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the air must also be pushing the bird upwards. The size of the force on the air equals the size of the force on the bird; the direction of the force on the air (downwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the bird (upwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for birds to fly.

Consider the motion of a car on the way to school. A car is equipped with wheels that spin. As the wheels spin, they grip the road and push the road backwards. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the road must also be pushing the wheels forward. The size of the force on the road equals the size of the force on the wheels (or car); the direction of the force on the road (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the wheels (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for cars to move along a roadway surface.

In case you hadn't noticed, those are examples where the reaction mass is the environment (water, air and road). 

A rocket is different because it carries its own reaction mass in the form of propellant. 

Consider the motion of a rocket in a vacuum. A rocket is equipped with a rocket engine that burns propellant. As the rocket engine burns the propellant, the burnt propellant is pushed out the back. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the burnt propellant must also be pushing the rocket engine forward. The size of the force on the burnt propellant equals the size of the force on the rocket engine; the direction of the force on the burnt propellant (backwards) is opposite the direction of the force on the rocket engine (forwards). For every action, there is an equal (in size) and opposite (in direction) reaction. Action-reaction force pairs make it possible for rockets to move in a vacuum.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #275 on: June 02, 2016, 10:52:27 PM »
A rocket is different because it carries its own reaction action mass in the form of propellant.

Fixed your silly disinfo bullshit for you, old man...

Wanna try again?

Or is just slowly drip-feeding sock-puppet votes into your fake-ass poll enough for you?

Either way you're a pretty sad spectacle.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #276 on: June 02, 2016, 11:38:36 PM »
I hit big bits of metal, with smaller bits, of metal.

That's awesome man.
Quote from: Stash
I'm anti-judaism.

Quote from: Space Cowgirl
Whose narrative is it to not believe the government?

Quote from: Wolvaccine
speech should be a privilege. Not a right.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #277 on: June 03, 2016, 01:42:33 AM »
Isn't it?

Now back to your 'rokkit-syenzze':

This inability of a rocket to provide propulsion is because nonsense! Rockets do accelerate in space and have been able to do so for a long time.

Because...

Nonsense!

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #278 on: June 03, 2016, 05:29:37 AM »
A rocket is different because it carries its own reaction action mass in the form of propellant.

Fixed your silly disinfo bullshit for you, old man...

Wanna try again?
Okay, if you want the propellant to be the action mass, then that leaves the rocket engine as the reaction mass.

You get a perfectly workable action/reaction force pairing either way.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #279 on: June 03, 2016, 06:36:41 AM »
Damn, you're persistent, aintcha?

Here, let me fix your bullshit even further:

A rocket is different exactly the same  because it carries its own reaction action mass in the form of propellant.

You still won't get it though, will you?

Please read again & compare the fish, bird & car to your now-corrected statement:

Newton's Third Law

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #280 on: June 03, 2016, 07:15:27 AM »
So a bird is exactly the same as a rocket?

Thats awesome man good for you, look at you using a computer all by yourself.
I'm anti-judaism.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #281 on: June 03, 2016, 07:24:04 AM »
Damn, you're persistent, aintcha?

Here, let me fix your bullshit even further:

A rocket is different exactly the same  because it carries its own reaction action mass in the form of propellant.

You still won't get it though, will you?
You're the one who doesn't get it. 

Birds, fish and cars move by force pairing with their environment.

Rockets move by force pairing with the propellant that they forcibly eject.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #282 on: June 03, 2016, 08:14:05 AM »

No.

But Newton's 3rd is applied to both in exactly the same manner...

Remember Newton's 3rd?

The topic of the thread, yes?

You're the one who doesn't get it.

This will never become true no matter how long your brainwashing disinfo-ass repeats it.

Birds, fish and cars move by force pairing with their environment.

Correct.

Incorrect.

Nothing can create a force-pairing with its own force.

An entirely separate & external mass is required.

And, in the case of a vacuum, that separate & external mass is absent.

And you cannot push on Nothing.

Newton's 3rd forbids it.

Look:

Newton's Third Law

Pretty simple stuff...

I await your insane bullshit replies with utter indifference.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #283 on: June 03, 2016, 08:52:32 AM »
"Nothing can create a force-pairing with its own force."

Lol

Lol

Lol

Really, lol

Maybe watch the skateboard medicine ball video again.

Lol

Newtons 3rd law is about force-pairing with "it's own force".

Lol
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #284 on: June 03, 2016, 12:11:31 PM »
Newtons 3rd law is about force-pairing with "it's own force".

'Because nonsense'.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #285 on: June 03, 2016, 12:13:06 PM »

Incorrect.

Nothing can create a force-pairing with its own force.

An entirely separate & external mass is required.
Yes, that mass would be burning propellant.

You do understand the concept of one object inside another object, don't you?

Like water inside a fire hose.

Or air inside a balloon.

Or high pressure air inside a scuba tank.

Or propellant inside a rocket.

Or do you believe that the words "external mass" precludes that mass being physically located inside another object?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 12:14:46 PM by markjo »

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #286 on: June 03, 2016, 01:00:27 PM »

You mean the burning propellant that's creating the rocket's force in the first place?

So that force reacts against itself somehow?

Or is the rocket creating some other magical invisible force that you're not telling us about?

Just read again; slow as you need to, old-timer:

Newton's Third Law

Pretty simple stuff...

I await your increasingly insane bullshit replies with utter indifference.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #287 on: June 03, 2016, 01:11:05 PM »

You mean the burning propellant that's creating the rocket's force in the first place?

No, the burning propellant reacts against the rocket engine.

Remember, the rocket engine is one object and propellant is another separate object inside the rocket.

?

Papa Legba

• Ranters
« Reply #288 on: June 03, 2016, 01:49:59 PM »
the rocket engine is one object and propellant is another separate object inside the rocket.

LMFAO!!!

You are mental.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #289 on: June 03, 2016, 03:12:06 PM »
the rocket engine is one object and propellant is another separate object inside the rocket.

LMFAO!!!

You are mental.
You can't tell the difference between a rocket and its propellant and you have the nerve to call me names?

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #290 on: June 03, 2016, 04:15:42 PM »
You do understand the concept of one object inside another object, don't you?

I don't think he's ever been able to make it happen xD.
I'm anti-judaism.

disputeone

• Or should I?
« Reply #291 on: June 03, 2016, 04:18:40 PM »

No.

But Newton's 3rd is applied to both in exactly the same manner...

So a bird and a rocket fly the same way?

Thats awesome man, good for you. You keep doing your thing man don't let them make fun of you.
I'm anti-judaism.

« Reply #292 on: June 03, 2016, 05:37:06 PM »

Remember, the rocket engine is one object and propellant is another separate object inside the rocket.

why would fire of the propellant make the rocket fly away??
does fire give some magic round-earth force that pushes it away?
when i light my fireplace it doesnt go and fly away into space so why would a rocket
this is stupid NASA hoax stuff how could anyone be so stupid to believe this

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #293 on: June 03, 2016, 06:00:43 PM »
when i light my fireplace it doesnt go and fly away into space so why would a rocket

The propellant is burned in the combustion chamber. The exhaust wants to expand equally in all directions, but it can only escape in one direction. Keep in mind, this is a rather explosive combustion. The rocket needs to move in the opposite direction with equal force to the escaping exhaust to be in agreement with Newton's 3rd Law. Anything different would be a violation of the law. How is this hard to grasp?

[nb]Image borrowed from http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rocket-engine[/nb]

Pugs

• Agnostic of Flat/Round Earth.
« Reply #294 on: June 03, 2016, 06:07:09 PM »

The propellant is burned in the combustion chamber. The exhaust wants to expand equally in all directions, but it can only escape in one direction. Keep in mind, this is a rather explosive combustion. The rocket needs to move in the opposite direction with equal force to the escaping exhaust to be in agreement with Newton's 3rd Law. Anything different would be a violation of the law. How is this hard to grasp?

[nb]Image borrowed from http://www.dictionary.com/browse/rocket-engine[/nb]

You're misinterpreting the law. What it means is if (AND ONLY IF!!!) the earth was round it would work. seeign as how the earth is a infinite flat plane of existence,  the flame curves inwards so it would work. Both scientists Kevin Welsh and Professor Derek Ehle proved this in their study against Newton's law. TL;DR: 3rd law is a HOAX

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #295 on: June 03, 2016, 06:08:04 PM »

When fuel is burned it releases energy. As a result, the exhaust expands. Since the compution chamber doesn't change size, the pressure inside increases. This in turn forces out the exhaust faster than it would normally be forced out. And as we all know, Newton's 3rd law comes into play, the force that forces out the exhaust also has an equal and opposite force on the rocket. Thus the rocket moves.

But if you think I'm wrong, why don't you disprove car engines for us, Mr. Dumas.

Yeah, maybe next time think before you type.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #296 on: June 03, 2016, 06:15:56 PM »
You're misinterpreting the law. What it means is if (AND ONLY IF!!!) the earth was round it would work. seeign as how the earth is a infinite flat plane of existence,  the flame curves inwards so it would work. Both scientists Kevin Welsh and Professor Derek Ehle proved this in their study against Newton's law. TL;DR: 3rd law is a HOAX

Hard to argue with rock-solid willful ignorance like that, I guess...

Pugs

« Reply #297 on: June 03, 2016, 06:16:52 PM »

When fuel is burned it releases energy. As a result, the exhaust expands. Since the compution chamber doesn't change size, the pressure inside increases. This in turn forces out the exhaust faster than it would normally be forced out. And as we all know, Newton's 3rd law comes into play, the force that forces out the exhaust also has an equal and opposite force on the rocket. Thus the rocket moves.

But if you think I'm wrong, why don't you disprove car engines for us, Mr. Dumas.

because in this sense, Car engines work because they are parallel  to earth's center of mass. Rocket engines dont work because that must push against an infinite plane of Center of Mass so therefore, according to physics and gravity, rockets are proven not to work, and all space exploration thus far has been a hoax.

Pugs

« Reply #298 on: June 03, 2016, 06:19:03 PM »

Hard to argue with rock-solid willful ignorance like that, I guess...
your debates are null. Round earth is false4

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #299 on: June 03, 2016, 06:19:22 PM »

because in this sense, Car engines work because they are parallel  to earth's center of mass. Rocket engines dont work because that must push against an infinite plane of Center of Mass so therefore, according to physics and gravity, rockets are proven not to work, and all space exploration thus far has been a hoax.
Wat?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER