Curvature

• 214 Replies

Timeisup

• You still think that. You cannot be serious ?
Re: Curvature
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2021, 02:33:16 PM »
I think you meant to say "all celestial bodies beyond a certain mass threshold"
No I didn't mean to say all celestial bodies. That would include stars and I am certainly not talking about stars in this instance. I am talking about bodies within the solar system such as planets, minor planets and dwarf planets.  Specifically all solid bodies where a minimum mass has been calculated which is required for gravity to sculpt them into a spherical shape.
Gotcha ok, I guess I'm just not sure why you'd exclude stars, which are also spheres because gravity makes them that way, while also spelling out planets of a certain size, since all the planets are above that size. You've broadened the scope a bit now I guess though, so I see what you meant I think.

How have you yourself been able to verify that all stars are spheres due to effect of gravity something many people on this forum claim does not exist?  How have you done this or have you just accepted this expert derived information. You claim that evidence is all is where is your evidence for the above claims.
Stop spamming all over the place. You don't need to have a temper tantrum across the entire upper fora when you've made it abundantly clear you know where to find the lower boards where this would be tolerated. I'll go ahead and send you a warning for derailing yet another thread for this silly game you want to play.

And I leave it to you to use that very sharp mind of yours to see if you can think of a way to gather some kind of evidence with regards to what shape stars take on. Here's a helpful hint. Start with the star closest to us - it's the easiest to see ;)

It’s a question, granted you don’t want to answer so you convert my simple question into a temper tantrum! How evasive, how dishonest.

You made claims about stars and gravity, so how do you know this? How did you discover this? Surely given your dislike and distrust of experts going by what you have been preaching you must have come by this knowledge all by yourself, I was just asking about your methods….hardly a tantrum.

Remember extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and as you love evidence so much where is yours?

« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 02:35:58 PM by Timeisup »
Really…..what a laugh!!!

Mikey T.

« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2021, 04:35:31 PM »
Pretty clear it's a temper tantrum. 
Boyd, I take my possible low content warning for this post with pride.

« Reply #212 on: November 21, 2021, 09:34:06 AM »
or you could just do the basketball experiment raise the camera a little bit and prove me wrong.
When you say "a little bit", how high is that?  What would you expect to see if you raised it 10 mm?  How about 100mm?  A little bit does not make sense.  But, remember whatever amount you raise the camera off the basketball, you would have to multiply that by millions and millions of times to equate it to the Earth.

« Reply #213 on: November 22, 2021, 03:18:52 AM »
Cool so you want me to just believe you that the curvature is there? You haven't seen the curvature during a total lunar eclipse you have only seen a shadow that's all.
You can believe or not believe whatever you want ultimately. All I can tell you is what is true. Or at least try and help you understand. I'm pretty fed up with non-globe believers thinking they know better than anyone else but without being able to present any compelling evidence to show that they are right and everyone else is wrong.  If you are so convinced the Earth is flat then just explain to me in detail how equatorial mounts work well in both the northern and southern hemispheres.

So what is causing the obviously curved shadow that I see crossing the disk of the Moon during a total lunar eclipse? What phase is the Moon when there is a lunar eclipse and where does that place the Sun in the sky compared to the Moon? What direction does your shadow point compared to where the Sun is in the sky during the day?

And don't tell me it is caused by some sort of mysterious shadow object which no one has ever seen or detected in any form cos I ain't buying that. (unless you count the Earth itself of course).

Just forget about what you want to believe for a moment and consider instead only what the evidence is that is presented to you for a moment. What is the most simple and logical answer based on what you see?
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 04:23:58 AM by Solarwind »

« Reply #214 on: December 19, 2021, 12:05:47 PM »
Water not only curves but that curvature is measured and accounted for in engineering design and construction.

Ship hull model testing basins can be so long that the rails that the tow carriages ride on have to be curved to maintain a constant distance from the surface of the water.

Yup, curvature of water measured and accounted for in real world applications.

Since it costs 1.82˘ to produce a penny, putting in your 2˘ if really worth 3.64˘.