Who will win the election?

• 1841 Replies

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
Re: Who will win the election?
« Reply #1500 on: January 07, 2021, 04:37:48 PM »
Chad Wolf, the acting chief of homeland security asked Trump to condemn the violence.  Trump withdraws his nomination which effectively fires him.

There is a detail in all this that's not being given the attention it deserves if true.  Trump resisted sending in the national guard for something like 2 hours.  He only gave in when his family started pressuring him.  Think about that.  Trump watches an angry mob invade congress and... he maybe wants to see how it plays out?
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1501 on: January 07, 2021, 04:46:38 PM »
Trump actually gave a speech without claiming he won the rigged election. By a LOT.

He also admitted that he lost, without actually saying that.  Almost a kinda sorta concession speech.

It was almost like watching a normal human being reading a speech someone else wrote from a teleprompter without any incoherent ranting.

Someone really put the fear of God into him.

Lets see how long it lasts.

Edit:

Of course he couldn't help lying, claiming he called the national guard right away.  Pence did that after he refused.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2021, 04:49:08 PM by JJA »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1502 on: January 07, 2021, 04:48:26 PM »
https://twitter.com/i/status/1347334804052844550

This is... not a great concession speech but there it is.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1503 on: January 07, 2021, 04:50:29 PM »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1504 on: January 07, 2021, 05:17:32 PM »

The comments are great! I hope Trump declassifies the aliens!
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1505 on: January 07, 2021, 06:12:55 PM »
Betsy DeVos resigned.  How many rats will jump ship?
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1506 on: January 07, 2021, 06:18:56 PM »

Thank goodness someone is finally thinking of the children.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1507 on: January 07, 2021, 06:34:11 PM »
OMG, why hasn't this been on the news? https://twitter.com/RaquelNPhoto/status/1347010671087546368?s=20

Okay, apparently that guy was helping her get away https://twitter.com/joybenedict/status/1347342035368308737?s=20

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1508 on: January 07, 2021, 06:43:44 PM »
OMG, why hasn't this been on the news? https://twitter.com/RaquelNPhoto/status/1347010671087546368?s=20

Okay, apparently that guy was helping her get away https://twitter.com/joybenedict/status/1347342035368308737?s=20

I hope there is video of the whole incident so everyone who attacked her gets charged.

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1509 on: January 07, 2021, 06:44:44 PM »
Oh, the irony....

"Capitol rioters could face up to 10 years in prison under Trump monument executive order"

https://www.foxla.com/news/capitol-rioters-could-face-up-to-10-years-in-prison-under-trump-monument-executive-order

You get ten years, you get ten years... EVERYBODY gets ten years!

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #1510 on: January 07, 2021, 10:04:12 PM »

Full statement from the American Federation of Teachers on the resignation of Betsy DeVos:

"Good riddance."

I'm not kidding.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

Definitely Not Swedish

• rutabaga
  • Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crime
« Reply #1511 on: January 07, 2021, 10:44:56 PM »
He's not wrong and theres not much else to be said about this.
Quote from: croutons, the s.o.w.
You have received a warning for breaking the laws of mathematics.

Member of the BOTD

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1512 on: January 07, 2021, 11:11:54 PM »
https://www.uscp.gov/media-center/press-releases/loss-uscp-colleague-brian-d-sicknick

Party of law and order huh? What a joke

At approximately 9:30 p.m. this evening (January 7, 2021), United States Capitol Police Officer Brian D. Sicknick passed away due to injuries sustained while on-duty. 

Officer Sicknick was responding to the riots on Wednesday, January 6, 2021, at the U.S. Capitol and was injured while physically engaging with protesters.  He returned to his division office and collapsed.  He was taken to a local hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.  The death of Officer Sicknick will be investigated by the Metropolitan Police Department’s Homicide Branch, the USCP, and our federal partners. 

Officer Sicknick joined the USCP in July 2008, and most recently served in the Department’s First Responder’s Unit. 

The entire USCP Department expresses its deepest sympathies to Officer Sicknick’s family and friends on their loss, and mourns the loss of a friend and colleague. 

We ask that Officer Sicknick’s family, and other USCP officers’ and their families’ privacy be respected during this time.

How does Trump walk away from this bloodshed he caused? How can the repugs still stand by this wannabe dictator?

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1513 on: January 08, 2021, 12:50:56 AM »
Looks like all the people involved in the riots are being fired by their employers. Those that tweeted, had pictures taken of or gave interviews of what they did to the media are being found out and busted.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/us-companies-swiftly-terminate-employees-found-in-footage-rioting-at-the-us-capitol-in-washington/news-story/4d3fb35702fd091883c45729d6438a26

Among them are West Virginian lawmaker and Republican Derrick Evans and former Republican state lawmaker Rick Saccone

Sucked in to all those pieces of human garbage! The police and FBI are also trolling through all the social media posts so hopefully many more arrests will be made.

Also
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/dominion-sues-trump-lawyer-sidney-powell-defamation-seeks-1-3-n1253464
Dominion Voting Systems, one of the biggest U.S. election equipment manufacturers and the subject of numerous incoherent conspiracy theories after the 2020 election, has sued lawyer Sidney Powell, who represented President Donald Trump’s attempts to overturn the election’s results, for defamation.

“Powell falsely claimed that Dominion had rigged the election, that Dominion was created in Venezuela to rig elections for Hugo Chávez, and that Dominion bribed Georgia officials for a no-bid contract,” the lawsuit states.

Powell didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.

Dominion is requesting damages of more than $1.3 billion, saying it has spent millions on security for its employees and damage control to its reputation, and risks losses of future business.

A Dominion employee who had been subjected to targeted harassment from Trump supporters had previously personally sued Powell and others. . In December, Dominion sent cease-and-desist letters to some conservative media outlets that pushed those theories, including Fox News and OAN, which led to them walking back their claims.

Something tells me she wont have $1.3 billion dollars floating around to pay for that LOL
« Last Edit: January 08, 2021, 06:48:44 AM by Shifter »

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1514 on: January 08, 2021, 06:55:57 AM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/07/capitol-hill-riots-doj-456178

One current Metro D.C. police officer said in a public Facebook post that off-duty police officers and members of the military, who were among the rioters, flashed their badges and I.D. cards as they attempted to overrun the building. “If these people can storm the Capitol building with no regard to punishment, you have to wonder how much they abuse their powers when they put on their uniforms,” the officer wrote.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #1515 on: January 08, 2021, 08:27:53 AM »
This winner from New Hamphire was there. He's a police chief. His department's Facebook page has one of their vehicles sitting next to an "All Lives Matter" sign they made.
https://www.reddit.com/r/newhampshire/comments/ksftqe/troy_nhs_chief_of_police_david_ellis_in/
https://www.facebook.com/troypolicedepartment/

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1516 on: January 08, 2021, 08:35:10 AM »
https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/07/media/josh-hawley-book-canceled/index.html

Josh Hawley's book deal has been cancelled over this.  What a strange world where corporate America is trying to reign in shitheads when the government won't.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1517 on: January 08, 2021, 08:39:13 AM »
At least the Kraken is getting Krakened:

Sidney Powell Sued By Dominion For $1.3 Billion Over Vote Fraud Claims
Former Trump campaign lawyer Sidney Powell was sued for defamation by the voting machine company she repeatedly placed at the center of a vast and unfounded election conspiracy that she claimed switched votes to favor President-elect Joe Biden.

The Lede
Dominion Voting Systems' $1.3 billion lawsuit against Powell could be the first of several against individuals and media companies accused of spreading conspiracy theories about Dominion to explain Trump's election loss.

Key Details

-   Powell was let go from the Trump campaign after a November 19 press conference in which she said Dominion's voting systems were "certainly compromised by rogue actors, such as Iran and China."
-   Powell also asserted that Dominion was connected to former Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez, who died in 2013.
-   Powell has never provided any evidence to substantiate her claims.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/01/08/dominion-voting-sues-sidney-powell-for-defamation-over-election-conspiracy-theory/?sh=4d488f8220f2

Can't wait to see what's next for Giuliani & Wood.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1518 on: January 08, 2021, 08:50:24 AM »
https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/maga-internet-turns-on-trump-456490

Magaheads are reacting to Trump's concession very strangely.  Apparently because Trump said a "new administration" and not a "Biden administration" will start on Jan 20 they think that Trump is somehow this new administration. 

Interesting.  But then Trump also tweeted that he's not going to attend the inauguration.  Which if this theory is correct then it would be his own inauguration for his second term...

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1519 on: January 08, 2021, 08:56:29 AM »
They are also talking on Parler about going back on January 19th for another demonstration it seems, which, this should be a slam dunk for the feds to get in front of. If they can follow all those secret back channels where terrorists plot against the US, one would hope they can also follow what's being discussed right out in the open.

https://twitter.com/doerfler_helen/status/1347576708464070657

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1520 on: January 08, 2021, 10:03:15 AM »
After all the terrible shitty racist things Trump said about Obama, Obama still attended the inauguration. He still handed over the reins with dignity and grace. I don't know why Trump's tweet about not attending the inauguration has made me feel so fucking sad about all this, out everything that's happened, I don't know why this has upset me.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1521 on: January 08, 2021, 10:20:10 AM »
Probably because of the words "dignity" and "grace".  Two things that a leader of the most powerful country in the world needs but Trump has never had.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1522 on: January 08, 2021, 10:27:10 AM »
I have mixed feelings about this.  Trump being at the inauguration is an important endorsement of the legitimacy of Biden's administration.  On the other hand does anybody seriously think that Trump wouldn't just shit up the entire event?

JJA

• Math is math!
« Reply #1523 on: January 08, 2021, 12:57:50 PM »
After all the terrible shitty racist things Trump said about Obama, Obama still attended the inauguration. He still handed over the reins with dignity and grace. I don't know why Trump's tweet about not attending the inauguration has made me feel so fucking sad about all this, out everything that's happened, I don't know why this has upset me.

It makes me sad not that Trump is a pile of shit, but because 70 million people think his behavior is what they WANT in a President.

So depressing.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #1524 on: January 08, 2021, 01:00:59 PM »
Derek Evans has been arrested, and that guy who sat in Nancy Pelosi's chair and stole her mail has been arrested.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1525 on: January 08, 2021, 01:12:01 PM »
I wonder if these people are surprised that they're being arrested or happy that they get to be martyrs for Trump.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #1526 on: January 08, 2021, 01:21:53 PM »
Hmmm...  It appears that the plot surrounding Elizabeth from Knoxville thickens.
'Elizabeth from Knoxville' Rioter Armed with Onion May Be Evidence ... Capitol Invasion May Have Been Premeditated

"Elizabeth from Knoxville" -- the woman who said she got maced storming the Capitol -- is being accused of using an onion to make it look like she was crying, but there could be a deeper, more ominous reason for the bulb -- that she and others were banking on violence at the Capitol.

Onions are an antidote to tear gas. They can relieve the burning sensation from the gas. It's been reported for several years that onions can be used for this purpose. So the question ... why was this woman armed with an onion?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1527 on: January 08, 2021, 01:30:02 PM »
There are layers to this story. Like a... um... lasagna? Yeah, that's the word I was looking for.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1528 on: January 08, 2021, 01:31:24 PM »
https://mobile.twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1347614725140590593

Peaceful protest huh? So what's the zip ties for? Why the TAC gear?

Looks like he's on the way to being identified.

Know your place

boydster

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #1529 on: January 08, 2021, 01:40:49 PM »
All those officers just letting them through. One of them can even be heard saying "We disagree with it, but we respect it." Really?!