Why can you RE'ers see this house.

• 148 Replies
?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
Re: Why can you RE'ers see this house.
« Reply #90 on: January 20, 2014, 10:22:21 AM »
No, do we really need to explain why water isn't like the ground?
That's my point!  How can you determine the water in that photo by the bay is level?  In all actuality, it wouldn't be on a spherical Earth.  Explain that one.

This is the entire point of these experiments. Th FE view is that the world is flat and the RE view is that it is not. The experiment is done to prove one way or the other. When we talk about the "flatness" of the ground or the water in these experiments there is a few things both sides can agree about:

1) The term "flatness" simply means an elevation of zero, preferably throughout the entire area in which the experiment is conducted.
2) Water is better for this than the ground because we all know that ground can have topographical features which prohibit said flatness.
3) When such an experiment is conducted over water it is preferable to use water that is as still as possible.

The main point of my comment to you about the differences between water and the ground is that the ground will not be at an even elevation for a 4 mile stretch in a majority of cases. This is why everyone conducts these experiments over water, including Rowbotham.

When water is not a river and connected to the ocean then the elevation is ZERO.

« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2014, 10:30:58 AM »
But you must allow for the effects of water....evaporation/vapor/density in the air near the water.  This is extremely important, and in my opinion, what causes the bottom of objects to disappear from a distance.  Water is not a solid (obviously) and is taking of space by volume and in the air above it.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2014, 10:33:28 AM »
But you must allow for the effects of water....evaporation/vapor/density in the air near the water.  This is extremely important, and in my opinion, what causes the bottom of objects to disappear from a distance.  Water is not a solid (obviously) and is taking of space by volume and in the air above it.

Yes you do and guess what? Refractive effects such as trapping layers over water are always present but never less than 25 ft. I know this because it is my job. What else?

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2014, 10:48:25 AM »
Spaceship, on the other forum Tintagel was posting almost the exact same excuses and here was my response:

How about a Fe'er chiming in, what is with the 10' wall of water?..... Bishop? .....Thork?.... Anyone?

A couple of things at play - I don't see a ten foot wall of water, I see the lower section of the house sort of "compressed" - this is partially an optical trick which occurs close to the horizon (sunsets do it too, the sun sort of collapses into itself when its image is on the horizon, and partially due to the way light travels on a Flat Earth.  See the Electromagnetic Accelerator thread.  The lower areas of the house are hidden behind water because that light "dips" before bending upward again.

Oh boy, an actual experiment grinds against your world view and instead of taking this data and reconsidering your views, you treat your views as infallible and come up with an excuse.

Let's be clear, there is no such thing as bendy light. The closest real world example of such a thing is refraction, which, while nearly always present over water, it does not work in light of this picture.

First off, I'd like to mention that my job is refraction. I create atmospheric profiles for various locations around the planet and determine how those profiles will effect the propagation of radar signals and light. Over water there is ALWAYS an effective trapping layer that causes propagation for as much as 256 miles but the problem with your analysis is that this trapping layer in my experience doing literally 1000's of profiles is never less than 25 ft and 9 times out of 10 it is 30 ft. It is never 10 ft which is exactly what it would have to be for your suggestion to even have potential. Furthermore, if what we are seeing is compression then there would be a couple of things wrong with that. The index of refraction between a medium of air above the trapping layer and a medium of air in it would differ by small amounts causing changes that could not be as dramatic as what you are seeing. Secondly, compression suggests that the refraction would cause the refracted light to change direction at both the top and the bottom of the trapping layer but that is not how this works because the refracted light would be unaffected within the trapping layer medium. Refracted light is the effect that causes light to change direction from one medium to the next but not within the medium itself.

« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2014, 12:30:02 PM »
Let's be clear, there is no such thing as bendy light. The closest real world example of such a thing is refraction, which, while nearly always present over water, it does not work in light of this picture.
Isn't "bendy light" called refraction?
And no, I didn't say it was caused by light.  I said water vapor....air density.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 12:33:31 PM by EarthIsASpaceship »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #95 on: January 20, 2014, 12:35:01 PM »
No.  Bendy light is called Electromagnetic Acceleration.  Essentially, bendy light causes light to bend the opposite way that you would expect refraction to bend light.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

« Reply #96 on: January 20, 2014, 12:59:25 PM »
No, I'll be testing whether the bottom of an object disappears over land like it does over water.  I suspect it will not.
Could you clarify why you believe a car will not disappear from the bottom up when viewed from ground level (you're going to be using a height of 5-6 ft correct?) 4 miles away, but believe a tennis ball will disappear from the bottom up when viewed from close to the floor (ground level) across a living room?

« Reply #97 on: January 20, 2014, 01:18:33 PM »
With enough distance, everything disappears.  So it remains to be seen, I suppose.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #98 on: January 20, 2014, 01:45:01 PM »
No.  Bendy light is called Electromagnetic Acceleration.  Essentially, bendy light causes light to bend the opposite way that you would expect refraction to bend light.

Not to mention that bendy light is theorized to have a continuous bend and is mentioned to be caused by aether by many FE believers. In refraction, light doesn't continue to bend and the cause is simple... it goes in a straights line and then refracts when it enters a new medium and when it does enter that medium its bending is abrupt. Entirely different concepts, one of which is verified to occur.

So 2 major differences. The way it works and what causes it. Both of which are completely understood by modern science.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 01:48:44 PM by rottingroom »

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #99 on: January 20, 2014, 01:46:46 PM »
And no, I didn't say it was caused by light.  I said water vapor....air density.

No, it is not and refraction is caused by incident light encountering a new medium which can be caused by water vapor and density, but like I said, Refractive layers with these capabilities over water are never EVER less than 25 ft.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #100 on: January 20, 2014, 07:24:18 PM »

This image is from the same rock as the original image, camera 32" above the water.

This image is from a pier , camera is 8' above the water.

Here are two pictures from today,  Today the pictures look entirely different. It looks flat today. ??? ??? ???    WTF
I also want to add, the water level was within 6" of the first image. Low wind conditions, but the haze in the area seemed thicker today. There was heavy chemtrail spraying today.
God is real.                                         
http://www.scribd.com/doc/9665708/Flat-Earth-Bible-02-of-10-The-Flat-Earth

« Reply #101 on: January 20, 2014, 07:55:13 PM »
Wow, that is very interesting!  Thank you for posting those Hoppy!  More of the house is visible than before and yet, the water looks different in all three pictures.  Could it be that the camera picks up waves on the water that the unaided eye cannot?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 08:10:01 PM by EarthIsASpaceship »

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #102 on: January 20, 2014, 08:15:20 PM »

I reposted the original image for ease of comparison.

This image is from the same rock as the original image, camera 32" above the water.

This image is from a pier , camera is 8' above the water.

Here are two pictures from today,  Today the pictures look entirely different. It looks flat today. ??? ??? ???    WTF
I also want to add, the water level was within 6" of the first image. Low wind conditions, but the haze in the area seemed thicker today. There was heavy chemtrail spraying today.
God is real.                                         

« Reply #103 on: January 20, 2014, 08:28:46 PM »
What time of day were they taken?  Looks like the sun was more to the right side of the house in the newer pics.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #104 on: January 20, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »
What time of day were they taken?  Looks like the sun was more to the right side of the house in the newer pics.
The newer pics were in the morning, original was late afternoon. This side of the house faces west.
God is real.                                         

« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2014, 09:27:41 PM »
Things optically will move up until they can't move more up then will move down. Today I did an experiment where I looked at a house at 11AM with strong Southern wind and noticed I could see a house on the Horizon about a quarter mile away (At eye level) and I could also see below a window (about 5 feet off the ground) that was facing my direction. I checked the House again five hours later and noticed that the wind direction has shifted from South to North and also noticed that I looked upon the house again and could only barley see below the roof-line (5 feet above the window starting point on a 12 feet tall house) that means the light from the hill was reaching me 5 feet above at 4 PM then it was at 11AM.

Now I'm not sure what the cause of this was cause I was standing in the same spot for both observations but it seems clear to me that I can see farther in the direction that the wind is blowing (And I see things as more flat) then when the wind is blowing away from me.

Read this quote from me and go back and pay very close attention to wind some day if you have time and see if wind blowing upon or away from you matches with my own experiment. (Also if you can try to take a picture at Noon and just before it gets dark to see if that changes anything). Either that or just believe that wind can make at least 5 foot of difference in optics my experiment was only from a quarter mile away with my unaided eye but if your using a camera the camera will offset the difference itself.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2014, 09:33:25 PM »
You didn't feel the need to go back to the original height and take another picture?
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2014, 11:56:29 PM »
How would you determine if the ground is flat and level over any great distance?
Yeah, same goes with water.

water finds it's own level.

Waves etc. excepting.

ausGeoff

« Reply #108 on: January 21, 2014, 12:33:52 AM »

Also, I have already posted the expected tidal data based on climatology but I can also forecast the tidal data for that data using top of the line Naval meteorological tools.

Gee rottingroom, you're taking a risk on this forum!

You're actually gonna post some irrefutable scientific evidence to support your claims?  Are you fully prepared for the shit-storm of hocus-pocus that the FEs are gonna bring down on you?

ausGeoff

« Reply #109 on: January 21, 2014, 12:37:12 AM »

Thanks for the new images hoppy, but you desperately need to use a camera with a higher resolution sensor.  5MP just won't do the job I'm afraid.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2014, 03:39:28 AM »

Thanks for the new images hoppy, but you desperately need to use a camera with a higher resolution sensor.  5MP just won't do the job I'm afraid.
Dude, I'm going to go back there and get more images. I'll try manual focus, different times of day, whatever. But that house is so far away that you can't see it with a naked eye. When I push the button to take the image, the camera shakes and takes the house all the way out of view. Let's see your pics of something from 4.4 miles.
God is real.                                         

« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2014, 06:14:07 AM »
Dude, I'm going to go back there and get more images. I'll try manual focus, different times of day, whatever. But that house is so far away that you can't see it with a naked eye. When I push the button to take the image, the camera shakes and takes the house all the way out of view. Let's see your pics of something from 4.4 miles.
Yeah, so there Geoff!  Maybe you need to delete that sarcastic post above to Rot about showing evidence.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #112 on: January 21, 2014, 07:20:01 AM »
Hoppy is still subtracting the elevation the picture is taken at from the drop. This is incorrect.

The new drop at 32 inches in elevation is 3.47 ft while the 8 ft elevation shot is .589 ft.

You figure this out by using this calculator.

You use the first calculator by putting in your elevation. It gives you distance which you subtract from your 4.4 miles.

Then you take that distance and put it in the second calculator which gives you your drop.

hoppy

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #113 on: January 21, 2014, 07:30:04 AM »
Hoppy is still subtracting the elevation the picture is taken at from the drop. This is incorrect.

The new drop at 32 inches in elevation is 3.47 ft while the 8 ft elevation shot is .589 ft.

You use the first calculator by putting in your elevation. It gives you distance which you subtract from your 4.4 miles.

Then you take that distance and put it in the second calculator which gives you your drop.
Of course you keep getting the wrong answer, you keep using the wrong formula. See the example I gave Markjo above.
God is real.                                         

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #114 on: January 21, 2014, 07:39:53 AM »

Of course you keep getting the wrong answer, you keep using the wrong formula. See the example I gave Markjo above.

First of all... Wrong forum. Markjo responded on the other forum.

Secondly... NO!!!

Elevation makes the distance to the horizon exponentially further away.

Here is the conversation between you, Markjo and I to help people follow along:

Quote from: Hoppy
Even your calculator gave the same answer as Rowbotham's chart.
Yes, because Rowbotham's chart is completely correct for an elevation of 0 FT.

Just because I move the camera up 2' feet doesn't change the drop over 4.4 miles. So the end of the drop is going to 10.9' instead.
It absolutely does change the drop. It isn't a matter of simple subtraction.

Think of it like this, if the drop over a distance was 10', and blocked the entire view of a 10' bldg sitting right at the water. If you climbed a 10' ladder you would be able to see the entire building.
Yes because climbing to 10 ft in elevation would account for the entire height of the building but the problem is that between the elevation of 0 and 10 ft there is an exponential curve.

I have made 2 charts representing the relationship in Rowbotham's chart between height and distance. \

HERE THEY ARE

One of them shows the relationship for elevations 0-10 and the other shows relationship for elevations 0-20. In both examples distance grows exponentially. For what you are saying to hold true... that we simply subtract a number then the growth in distance should not be exponential but linear. This should tell you that there is more involved that just subtracting the height.

I hope this clears things up.

You have to think of the total distance, don't divide it up to 2 different distances. If you do divide it, you will get the wrong answer.
Incorrect.  You must divide the total distance into two different distances to get the correct answer.  First there is the distance from the observer to the horizon, then there is the distance from the horizon to the house.
Marrrrkjo. That how to get the wrong answer.
That is why the drop over 3 miles is 6' = 72".              Correct
 Not a drop of 1 mile(8") +(8") + (8") = 24"                Incorrect

That isn't what Markjo is saying. When you raise the elevation of the observer. You get a new distance to the horizon. Then you measure the drop from that horizon to the target. You don't just divide things to your liking in the same way as your crude example. You have to try and think about this.

Have a good look at 29silhouette's picture again:

For a distance of 4 miles there should be a drop of 10.7 ft
The top of the image shows the observers horizon (when viewing from an elevation of 6 ft) to be 3 miles.

From this point we can use Rowbotham again because NOW we are at 0 elevation for the remaining mile giving us the 8 inch drop.

« Reply #115 on: January 21, 2014, 07:55:26 AM »
Either that or just believe that wind can make at least 5 foot of difference in optics my experiment was only from a quarter mile away with my unaided eye but if your using a camera the camera will offset the difference itself.

You're saying that If i look at a house a quarter of a mile away with the wind in different directions it will seem to have a 5ft difference in location but if I take a photo it won't but will instead appear to be in the same place both times?

Presumably that place not being the same as it looks to be with eyesight?

Believing that would be a very big ask.

« Reply #116 on: January 21, 2014, 08:00:08 AM »

Break the formula down into what it's actually saying.

1. On a round earth the distance to the horizon will (optically) show 0 drop (you will be able to see the very bottom of any object at any point up to the horizon).

2. the higher you are the further to the horizon

3. once an object is over the horizon then drop will begin and gradually increase.

Unless you disagree with one of those three points then Rot's method of calculation is correct. I can't speak for the numbers merely the method.

« Reply #117 on: January 21, 2014, 09:38:33 AM »
From what I read, your camera does video at 720p (I'd have to double check).  If you have issues with movement when taking a picture, try simply recording video for a few seconds.  You can let go and it will be completely still while recording (I'd turn off stability, because on my camera, with stability on, the image continues to move around a tad settling.  It's steadier without it in this case.... unless it's too windy).  If you have the editing software (or whatever you view the video with) you can save individual frames. 

Whether frame captures will be higher res than photo mode, I don't know without comparing side by side.  I've never really done a good comparison with mine even to be sure (1080 video, 3.3mp stills) 

I probably don't need to mention late afternoon pictures will also be better as the sun will be more 'behind your back', thus illuminating the house and shoreline better. 

Yeah, so there Geoff!  Maybe you need to delete that sarcastic post above to Rot about showing evidence.
And where's your evidence, the pictures and diagrams you've claimed to be working on?

?

tappet

« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2014, 12:30:43 PM »

Hoppy, the roundies will try to have you believe a photo from sea level then another from a higher level is what is needed.
Much more interesting are photos with variations of all weather conditions, that's when odd things occur.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2014, 01:52:50 PM »
Hoppy, I posted this back on page 2 (full post), but just as a reminder:

d1 is the drop you get from Rowbotham's chart, ie with zero elevation of the eye (or camera). d2 is the drop you get with elevation c. As you can see, d1 - c =/= d2.

Much more interesting are photos with variations of all weather conditions, that's when odd things occur.
This would be good for comparison, but it might be more work than hoppy is willing to put in. To be properly informative, hoppy would need to take notes of the exact weather conditions each time he/she went to take photos. If you are willing to put in the work though hoppy, it would be very informative!
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."