What is on the other side of the earth?

• 23 Replies
What is on the other side of the earth?
« on: March 01, 2020, 04:00:53 AM »
if the earth is a disc then what is on the other side of the earth. is there a core to hold gravity? what happens if you fall off the edge and if there is no core and layers how do you explain volcanoes?
/ /soccer mom/ /anti vaxxer/ /flat earthen/ /boomer/ /blonde/ /wise/ /

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: What is on the other side of the earth?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 04:52:25 AM »
If you pick up a rock, it is solid. It also has an 'underside'. The Earth is just a really huge rock.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 07:57:30 AM »
if the earth is a disc then what is on the other side of the earth. is there a core to hold gravity? what happens if you fall off the edge and if there is no core and layers how do you explain volcanoes?

If the earth is flat and has another side, dinosaurs could be still alive on the other side because the meteorite that killed them only stroke one side of the earth.
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 08:09:42 AM »
If you pick up a rock, it is solid. It also has an 'underside'. The Earth is just a really huge rock.

I agree. But if you pick up a rock how do you distinguish between which is the overside and which is the underside? Relatively few rocks that I pick up are what you would describe as flat.  Most are just irregular in shape.

rvlvr

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 09:02:14 AM »
Pick up better rocks, dammit!

Also: in Pokemon, rock is super effective against fire, ice, flying, and bug types. No matter if flat or irregular in shape.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2020, 09:04:58 AM »

I agree. But if you pick up a rock how do you distinguish between which is the overside and which is the underside? Relatively few rocks that I pick up are what you would describe as flat.  Most are just irregular in shape.

It's not like Earth is totally flat. It has mountains nearly 9km high and oceans 11km deep. It's quite rugged.

Given we are on this side of the Earth, the underside appearance is unknown.

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

Hamzah

• The Exposer Of Insecurities
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2020, 09:48:56 AM »

It's not like Earth is totally flat. It has mountains nearly 9km high and oceans 11km deep. It's quite rugged.

Unknown to who?
Deaf, dumb, and blind, they will not return (to the path). Al-Baqara (The Cow) - 2:18

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2020, 09:58:09 AM »

Unknown to who?

We on this side.

Know your place

rvlvr

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2020, 10:06:17 AM »
You sure I am not on the other side?

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2020, 10:07:40 AM »
What is stopping you from getting to the other side?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2020, 10:16:05 AM »
What is stopping you from getting to the other side?

Well if you think you can dig god knows how many kilometres to find out? Go right ahead. I believe the record is a bit over 12km. The heat however might kill you and any tool you bring down there

Know your place

rvlvr

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2020, 10:19:49 AM »
Why is it hot if it is just a rock?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2020, 10:27:53 AM »
Why is it hot if it is just a rock?

Heat when the Earth was formed which has not yet been lost, friction and radioactivity

Know your place

rvlvr

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2020, 10:31:19 AM »
Fair enough!

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2020, 11:06:32 AM »
Well if you think you can dig god knows how many kilometres to find out? Go right ahead. I believe the record is a bit over 12km. The heat however might kill you and any tool you bring down there

Perhaps you haven't noticed this but most people who want to go to the other side of the world don't go through it. They go around it. It would be stupid as you say to try and go through the Earth.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 11:08:53 AM by Solarwind »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2020, 11:20:40 AM »

Perhaps you haven't noticed this but most people who want to go to the other side of the world don't go through it. They go around it. It would be stupid as you say to try and go through the Earth.

The context of the question is for a Flat Earth. This is a Flat Earth General section, not the Debate section.

Know your place

« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2020, 12:26:15 PM »
I am talking in the context of flat Earth. If you want to carry this on in the debate section then by all means.. I don't have a problem with that.

So what is to stop you heading round to the other side of your flat Earth?  Even if you think the Earth is flat that shouldn't stop you going around to the other side. I assume you agree with everyone else that the Earth is in space and there is no up or down in space. Direction becomes irrelevant. 

If you stand at the north pole on Earth the celestial north pole is overhead.  If you stand at the south pole, the celestial south pole is overhead but the sky is above you from both locations. You just see different stars because you are looking out into space in opposite directions.  It would be the same if you were standing on the 'underside' of your flat Earth wouldn't it?
« Last Edit: March 01, 2020, 12:32:22 PM by Solarwind »

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2020, 01:42:17 PM »
I am talking in the context of flat Earth. If you want to carry this on in the debate section then by all means.. I don't have a problem with that.

So what is to stop you heading round to the other side of your flat Earth?  Even if you think the Earth is flat that shouldn't stop you going around to the other side. I assume you agree with everyone else that the Earth is in space and there is no up or down in space. Direction becomes irrelevant. 

If you stand at the north pole on Earth the celestial north pole is overhead.  If you stand at the south pole, the celestial south pole is overhead but the sky is above you from both locations. You just see different stars because you are looking out into space in opposite directions.  It would be the same if you were standing on the 'underside' of your flat Earth wouldn't it?

OK sure, but there a few things that may stop you. The ice wall and/or the dome. (if the dome is physical). Another possibility is this Earth rock is infinite? (or unfathomably huge) and our access is this tiny region seperated by either natural barriers like an ice wall or perhaps if this planet was engineered, it's artificial, designed to mimic a natural look. You could have some weird law of physics that as you approach the edge, turns you back around even if your line is straight. Convenient that so far to the edge people get 'white blindness' from all the snow and poor weather. At least some of the time.

For all we know the other side is barren rock, or a world like ours or maybe it's hell itself. The only way to get there would be down. We know when we try to go to the 'other side' we either come to an inhospitable barrier or end up turned around and back where we started. Only definitive way to see what the other side looks like would be to dig!

But what if the size of the hole would have to be as deep as the earth is across? We only made 12km and that hole took decades to make

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kola_Superdeep_Borehole

I just don't think even human ingenuity can beat this challenge.

Know your place

« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2020, 02:35:16 PM »
I try to relate to your ifs, mights and maybes I really do. But in my experience, flat Earth theory right or wrong people have been to the other side of the world. So it must be possible!

If this dome you are talking about is physical, who put it there, when and what is it made of? 

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2020, 03:36:47 PM »
If this dome you are talking about is physical, who put it there, when and what is it made of?

Well now that is a good question, one that has been asked many times but none have ever answered

I am of the belief myself the some is not a physical construct but the atmosphere itself. The 'thin blue line' if you will, is the dome.

Know your place

« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2020, 03:57:44 PM »
I would agree with you in broad terms. But of course that is not to say that the dome is actually blue since the blue colour of the sky during the day disappears as soon as the Sun sets. So that would suggest that the blueness of the 'dome' is caused by some sort of interaction with sunlight.

Also the blueness which is apparent at ground level darkens as you gain altitude until the Sun is visible shining against a black sky. That is apparent from video and images taken from high altitude aircraft.  So clearly it is a very thin blue line.

rabinoz

• Real Earth Believer
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2020, 04:17:51 PM »

Well now that is a good question, one that has been asked many times but none have ever answered

I am of the belief myself the some is not a physical construct but the atmosphere itself. The 'thin blue line' if you will, is the dome.
That sounds right and from any point on Earth the clear sky looks like a "blue dome" overhead.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 01:53:07 PM by rabinoz »

wise

• Professor
  • Flat Earth Scientist
  • The Only Yang Scholar in The Ying Universe
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2020, 12:31:17 PM »

everything doesn't have to be above or below. We do not know what happened after 200 kilometers below, but the Russians say that after 15 kilometers, it is hell. can they be right?

you can't fall over the edge. because this life is a simulation and to fall off the edge is not defined.
1+2+3+...+∞= 1

Come on bro, just admit that the the earth isn't a sphere, you won't even be wrong

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2020, 12:51:53 PM »
I agree that you could not 'fall' over the edge. Because there is no edge to the surface of the Earth. It is finite but unbounded.