Moon Negotiations - Moonlight is God?

• 209 Replies

Lorddave

Moon Negotiations - Moonlight is God?
« on: August 08, 2010, 06:36:19 PM »
The true source of the moon's light is God, the Father of lights.  "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."  (James 1:17)  The moon is variable;  it waxes and wanes by nature and thus symbolizes the nature of man.

The moon itself is not a light, but a vessel like a lamp which conveys light.  This fact can be physically observed when the moon is less than full because a circular outline of its globe can be visibly observed outlining the perimeter of the dark portion of the moon.

If the true source of the moon's light is God, why does Ichi and James say it's deadly?  Surely God's light wouldn't be deadly to God's creatures?
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
Re: Moon Negotiations - Moonlight is God?
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 06:40:36 PM »
The true source of the moon's light is God, the Father of lights.  "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."  (James 1:17)  The moon is variable;  it waxes and wanes by nature and thus symbolizes the nature of man.

The moon itself is not a light, but a vessel like a lamp which conveys light.  This fact can be physically observed when the moon is less than full because a circular outline of its globe can be visibly observed outlining the perimeter of the dark portion of the moon.

If the true source of the moon's light is God, why does Ichi and James say it's deadly?  Surely God's light wouldn't be deadly to God's creatures?
Why wouldn't it?
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Lorddave

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 06:42:16 PM »

Why wouldn't it?

So God wants to kill us all?

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:20:07 PM »
The true source of the moon's light is God, the Father of lights.  "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."  (James 1:17)  The moon is variable;  it waxes and wanes by nature and thus symbolizes the nature of man.

The moon itself is not a light, but a vessel like a lamp which conveys light.  This fact can be physically observed when the moon is less than full because a circular outline of its globe can be visibly observed outlining the perimeter of the dark portion of the moon.

If the true source of the moon's light is God, why does Ichi and James say it's deadly?  Surely God's light wouldn't be deadly to God's creatures?
Why wouldn't it?

Yes. Judging by the fact that he has killed everyone who was ever born up to about 120 years ago, that would be an accurate assumption.
Looking at him can cause serious harm from all biblical accounts, there is no reason his light would not cause similar harm.

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 07:25:07 PM »
So God is a sadist? LMAO  ;D
FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 07:26:18 PM »
So God is a sadist? LMAO  ;D

Wanting everyone to die does not make you a sadist.

In fact granting anyone truly eternal life (as we know it) would be the most sadistic thing possible.

Lorddave

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 07:28:24 PM »
The true source of the moon's light is God, the Father of lights.  "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning."  (James 1:17)  The moon is variable;  it waxes and wanes by nature and thus symbolizes the nature of man.

The moon itself is not a light, but a vessel like a lamp which conveys light.  This fact can be physically observed when the moon is less than full because a circular outline of its globe can be visibly observed outlining the perimeter of the dark portion of the moon.

If the true source of the moon's light is God, why does Ichi and James say it's deadly?  Surely God's light wouldn't be deadly to God's creatures?
Why wouldn't it?

Yes. Judging by the fact that he has killed everyone who was ever born up to about 120 years ago, that would be an accurate assumption.
Looking at him can cause serious harm from all biblical accounts, there is no reason his light would not cause similar harm.
I don't recall any story where he appeared in his true form.  He appears as visions, burning bushes, and a human/god hybrid.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 07:33:39 PM »

Why wouldn't it?

I don't recall any story where he appeared in his true form.  He appears as visions, burning bushes, and a human/god hybrid.

Moses getting the ten commandments I believe.

" And he said, Thou canst not see my face; for there shall no man see me and live. And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock. And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a cleft of the rock; and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by; And I will take away my hand, and thou shalt see my back parts; but my face shall not be seen." --Ex. 33:12-23"

This is the passage I was talking about, but he could just be saying "I kill anyone who sees my face"

Benjamin Franklin

• Flat Earth Editor
  • The dopest founding father.
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 07:39:19 PM »

Wait, so if person A makes a claim, why would it matter if person B and C make unrelated and non-conflicting claims.

Lorddave

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:12:17 PM »

Wait, so if person A makes a claim, why would it matter if person B and C make unrelated and non-conflicting claims.
I'm questioning if God's light would be deadly.

But you're right.  I should question God's light vs Bio-luminescence. That's directly contradictory.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:29:33 PM »

But you're right.  I should question God's light vs Bio-luminescence. That's directly contradictory.

I don't think 17 November believes in the bioluminescence theory.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

Lorddave

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 08:56:43 PM »

I know he doesn't.  He specifically stated that he thinks moonlight is God's light.

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 03:12:57 AM »

I know he doesn't.  He specifically stated that he thinks moonlight is God's light.

It's just reflected sunlight.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 05:15:36 AM »

Haha, they know that, but they don't want to admit...
Quote from: Username
Horentius is correct.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 03:26:34 PM »

So what's the problem then?  ???

« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 09:52:16 PM »

Haha, they know that, but they don't want to admit...

Hell, whether they want to admit it or not, it's a proven fact.

If they are unable to accept the reality of the cosmos, I'm not sure if I should laugh or just pity them.
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible."

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 10:48:18 PM »
Their Ideology is likely purely religious based and faith based. Thus they won't ever admit it, and this is because if they did admit it, it would mean the end to their ideological construct or religion. And I find it interesting that this society exists during a time when religion is at war with science. This is why this site sounds a lot like a creationist website.

FE T-shirts = Profit = conspiracy = ideological cult in the making = teaching stupid = paranoia = nut case. Any questions?

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 11:29:04 AM »
Their Ideology is likely purely religious based and faith based. Thus they won't ever admit it, and this is because if they did admit it, it would mean the end to their ideological construct or religion. And I find it interesting that this society exists during a time when religion is at war with science. This is why this site sounds a lot like a creationist website.

You have 204 posts yet from what you say you've obviously not read more than 20-30 posts. Do you just open up random threads and post the first thought that pops into your head? Seriously, what happened to lurking?

« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 11:38:27 AM »

You have 204 posts yet from what you say you've obviously not read more than 20-30 posts. Do you just open up random threads and post the first thought that pops into your head? Seriously, what happened to lurking?
At least he deals with the issue of the thread, unlike some trolls who just attack the person, not the argument. I suspect that after reading the thread in the Believer's Forum, particularly James's post makes his case:

My brother Levee, our friends are suggesting that the "weather" causing these phenomena is Moon weather, that the Moon is emitting gasses which are causing it to lose visibility. My problem with this conception is, if the gasses are coming out of the bottom of the Moon, why is the Earth not rising to meet them? It surely rises to meet Moonblood and Manna, how is it that other matter would not fall too? I had assumed that Lunar fauna had some method by which to cling to the underside of the Moon, as we see with terrestrial insects they have small hooks in their feet, or perhaps like lichens which grow out of the rock and metal. However, since weather lacks these adaptions, I am perplexed as to how the Earth would not immediately rise to meet the weather?
Keep it serious, Thork. You can troll, but don't be so open. We have standards

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 11:42:13 AM »

At least he deals with the issue of the thread, unlike some trolls who just attack the person, not the argument. I suspect that after reading the thread in the Believer's Forum, particularly James's post makes his case:

My brother Levee, our friends are suggesting that the "weather" causing these phenomena is Moon weather, that the Moon is emitting gasses which are causing it to lose visibility. My problem with this conception is, if the gasses are coming out of the bottom of the Moon, why is the Earth not rising to meet them? It surely rises to meet Moonblood and Manna, how is it that other matter would not fall too? I had assumed that Lunar fauna had some method by which to cling to the underside of the Moon, as we see with terrestrial insects they have small hooks in their feet, or perhaps like lichens which grow out of the rock and metal. However, since weather lacks these adaptions, I am perplexed as to how the Earth would not immediately rise to meet the weather?

What does this have to do with his assertion that fe'ers are solely driven by religious dogma?

Though you did prove my point that re'ers tend to not read the posts.

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 12:11:35 PM »

What does this have to do with his assertion that fe'ers are solely driven by religious dogma?

When did he assert that FEers are solely driven by religious dogma? Who isn't reading posts?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 06:25:01 PM »
When did he assert that FEers are solely driven by religious dogma? Who isn't reading posts?

You, apparently.

Their Ideology is likely purely religious based and faith based.

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 09:58:48 PM »

Try again.. However, FE seems religiously dogmatic giving how it relies on faith based pseudoscience, assertions, assumptions, conspiracy theory, magical objects, and circular arguments to support it's position. Hence, I am not the one here dogging the topic. And yes, many are religious bound giving that much of it stems from various bible versus from various versions of the bible. The site behaves exactly like a creationist website. Now whether or not all FE believers are "religious" or not is debatable. But much of what I see here is religious behavior, and nothing to which can be taken seriously. If you can't even figure out the circumference of this FE, you really don't have any room to be arguing about the Moon's light. This is especially true since all you are doing is playing the magical game of asserting assumptions into magical truths to which FE on a regular basis attempts to pass off as facts when they clearly are not. This site basically preys on ignorance.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 10:20:26 PM »
The existence of Manna was not proven through use of religious texts.  A good source for examples of manna and moonblood are the works of Charles Fort.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Lorddave

« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 02:08:06 AM »

I'm confused by your question.
I've read hundreds of posts and I agree with that statement.  It doesn't say that it IS religious, it says that it's based on the same concepts as A religion:
Things like "Absolute Truth" (the Earth is Flat is an absolute, undisputable, unprovable truth) and using that as a basis to justify and attempt to prove that it is true.

In a religious context, it's like proving God exists by what the Bible says; it's circular logic.  Same goes with FET.  If you removed "The Earth is Flat" there isn't anything left to justify FET with.  The conspiracy has no proof and it exists only because "The Earth is Flat" is given as a fact without proof, which is faith.
Celestial Gears is another one.
The UA is another.
Bendy Light?  Another.

Everything FET says is based on the idea that the Earth is Flat and all the observations RET has are correctly observed but have different causes.  Causes, I might add, which allow the Earth to be Flat.  Again, circular logic.

« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 04:55:31 AM »

You, apparently.

Care to try again? Maybe you should read what you post?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »

You, apparently.

He does, in fact, assert his belief there that FEers are solely driven by religious dogma.  www.rif.org

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 08:52:19 AM »

You, apparently.

The likely is what made me post that. His lack of any concrete knowledge is sad.

« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 12:29:59 PM »

You, apparently.

The likely is what made me post that. His lack of any concrete knowledge is sad.

If you define those terms, they are not stating that it's 100% applicable to everyone. Please define "likely". When you say lack of concrete knowledge, FE is a prime example of that. The fact that you can't even cough up anything other than cartoon maps, or the fact you can't even cough up a circumference to your FE theory without backpedaling shows exactly how lacking of concrete knowledge FE theists are. And I say theists because this topic of FE is faith based assumption with nothing to give it any sort of validity. Concrete knowledge shows that the FE theory can't even pass a simple time, speed, and distance calculation.  And I don't even have to go into the flawed and obvious mathematical problems within how the FE society calculated the distance to the moon. Manipulating information into pseudoscience around an ideological construct does not make the FE theory magically credible, factual, or have any sort of "concrete knowledge".. Thus this is why it's largely showing itself to be religious in nature.

When FE can actually make a map to the sq meter and have it be pinpoint accurate for navigation to which won't get people lost and killed, you let me know. Until you can do that, you have no means to be stating that I lack concrete knowledge. Spherical calculations to achieve accurate navigation can not magically be undone to support a Flat Earth, or used to navigate a Flat Earth .. It's simple math, and that's really all I needed to establish that the Earth is spherical in shape. Circles and spheres are not mathematically compatible what-so-ever in this regard, and you ought to know that.

When it comes to religious dogma, this doesn't mean it deals with any particular religion, but rather that it behaves like a religious dogma. Thus, I can simply read and note how FE people talk and argue to establish that it's dogmatic. In fact it seems to rely on it vs actually providing real data to support it's position. For instance, telling people to lurk more into the Faq and then backpedaling on the FAQ when someone like me takes it and peer reviews it's obvious flaws. Thus you need to actually establish something before you start making up wild fantasies as magical truth's. And this is why you can't magically turn a Sphere into a circle and have it ever mathematically add up.

I will state this though, the FE ideal comes from not just the Bible, but also from the observations of averaging heights over land mass surface, or from other religions. The FE society seems to be it's own religious construct to which incorporates all those who believe it's flat. The problem with this isn't that it's a society of Flat Earther's, or even religious in nature. It's problem is that it has nothing to support it, it's inconsistent, relies on dogma, relies on conspiracy, it's assertive, it's assuming, and even tries to play the magical object games to give it credibility through what is one massive circular argument.. It will never be consistent, add up, or ever provide any sort of data that will substantiate and validate it with any sort of merit.

It's pretty sad when I can come here and use the spaghetti monster, and invisible dragon argument. 

Here, you can even track the shape of the moons orbit according to spherical Earth.. Have fun doing this and having it come out mathematically correct according to FE:

http://www.ifa.hawaii.edu/faculty/barnes/ASTR110L_F03/moonorbit.html
http://www.zetatalk.com/index/orbits.htm
http://library.thinkquest.org/29033/begin/earthsunmoon.htm

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 03:21:23 PM by TheJackel »

« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 12:35:32 PM »
Moonlight is the light that comes to Earth from the Moon. This light does not originate from the Moon, but actually originates from sunlight. The Moon does not, however, reflect sunlight like a mirror, but it reflects light from those portions of its surface which the Sun's light strikes.