Pedophilia Activism -- Does Sex Harm Children?

• 439 Replies

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
Re: Pedophilia Activism -- Does Sex Harm Children?
« Reply #390 on: December 18, 2007, 04:03:55 PM »
Not that they are then forgivable.  Priests should know better and be better.

why is that?  aren't they human?  or are they supposed to be hand-guided by god itself?  i don't care what beliefs they subscribe to, no one escapes the influences of evolution and one of it's results, hormones.  one would think priests should be worse with sex-related crimes, not better.  catholic priests have to take vows of chastity, and masturbation is forbidden.  with such a fucked up understanding of mammalian behavior, hormonal systems, and neurobiology, it's amazing to me that priests aren't running around gang-raping everything goat and virgin in sight.

(which i suppose would then reduce the incidence of pedophilia.  maybe i need to think that theory through some more.)

it is interesting to note that 75% of the general US population claim to be christian.  75% of the prison population claim to be christian.  meanwhile, 2% of the general population claim themselves atheist.  yet only 0.8% of the prison population claim themselves atheists.  the divorce rate among self-proclaimed christians is higher than non-christians.

it is countless stats like these which question the notion that being a christian means being moral.  (flame suit is on.  this is an ageless argument with no side conceding.  christians will never just say, "ok, ok.  we are evil.  you win."  any more than bishop would say, "ok, you got me.  i'm a filthy lying troll.")

Ever studied what is takes to become a priest? I didn't surmise so. They are held to a higher standard than the layman. They know better, and should be held accountable.

But none of that has lasting relevance to your purpose. Your Tom comment hints at an unhealthy obsession.

I call Narcberry on this one.

have you?  and in fact i have studied religion and the history of religion - christianity in paricular, quite extensively and formally.  you do not need to know the reasons why.  but it demonstrates your greatly misplaced arrogance and resulting propensity for sticking foot in mouth as you just have.  and the fact that you believe "they are held to a higher standard than the layman" or "they should know better" actually means a can of shit other than an unintentionally built-in motivation to look the other way, suggests a profound ignorance and/or credulity.
Don't we hold higher standards to Police and Judges? I think the same would apply to someone like a priest that has dedicated his life to serving the people.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2007, 04:07:33 PM »
Not that they are then forgivable.  Priests should know better and be better.

why is that?  aren't they human?  or are they supposed to be hand-guided by god itself?  i don't care what beliefs they subscribe to, no one escapes the influences of evolution and one of it's results, hormones.  one would think priests should be worse with sex-related crimes, not better.  catholic priests have to take vows of chastity, and masturbation is forbidden.  with such a fucked up understanding of mammalian behavior, hormonal systems, and neurobiology, it's amazing to me that priests aren't running around gang-raping everything goat and virgin in sight.

(which i suppose would then reduce the incidence of pedophilia.  maybe i need to think that theory through some more.)

it is interesting to note that 75% of the general US population claim to be christian.  75% of the prison population claim to be christian.  meanwhile, 2% of the general population claim themselves atheist.  yet only 0.8% of the prison population claim themselves atheists.  the divorce rate among self-proclaimed christians is higher than non-christians.

it is countless stats like these which question the notion that being a christian means being moral.  (flame suit is on.  this is an ageless argument with no side conceding.  christians will never just say, "ok, ok.  we are evil.  you win."  any more than bishop would say, "ok, you got me.  i'm a filthy lying troll.")

Do you know the saying there aren't atheists in foxholes? I think the same applies to lots of situations. If I thought I might be gang raped every night, that might encourage me to pray.

it's just a meaningless saying.  you are talking to an atheist who has been in a "foxhole" and a shitload worse.  even losing my own flesh has not caused me to hedge my bets.  i'm not the only one.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2007, 04:07:42 PM »
You are dealing with a class-1 fucktard. Raisty. Just smile and nod at the poor thing.
My problem with his ideas is that it is a ridiculous thing.

Genius. PURE, undiluted genius.

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #393 on: December 18, 2007, 04:11:56 PM »
Don't we hold higher standards to Police and Judges? I think the same would apply to someone like a priest that has dedicated his life to serving the people.

that is called "idol worship", and only leads to disappointment.  they are human no more or less than us.  what we *do* expect out of police officers, is vastly more training on how to handle weapons, how to manage conflict, and how to deal with anger.  what we *do* expect out of police officers is more *accountability* than the rest of us without such power.

ditto with judges, but hopefully they are not carrying pistols, shotguns, and assault rifles.

i may have misunderstood your argument, but ultimately, just "expecting" people with lofty labels to behave better than the rest of us, is idol worship.  and people get all worked up when athletes fail drug tests.  why?  they are human.  they live in our same culture of cheating.  they are no better than the average.  fortunately they have no real power other than "star power", so we don't feel compelled to hold them *accountable* to higher standards.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #394 on: December 18, 2007, 04:17:42 PM »
I didn't say we "expect" them to behave better.

I'm done talking to you. If you missed the meaning of that short post, you really are dumb.

Good day sir.

?

me25

« Reply #395 on: December 21, 2007, 08:17:30 PM »
Ugh, you people and your social relativism.  Sure, we could call absolutely every belief we have into question, because we've got no real frame of reference on which we could base our definitions of "good" and "evil" (unless you're a theist, but then you'd have to prove that your religion is truth, good luck with that). 

I could ask "Why is it bad to kill people?",  "Why is it bad to steal?", "Why is it bad to sleep with my neighbor's wife?",  It's only your foolish social taboos based on the Judeo-Christian belief system that makes these things wrong.

For anything to be logically deduced to be good or bad, we have to first define good and bad, however, as soon as we do that, there are some people who will disagree with our definition, and we'll have to accept that they have their "good" and we have ours, and we have to tolerate their good because it's just as valid as ours; they're both products of social conditioning, and not based on any true, objective, scale of right or wrong.

But honestly, doesn't this kind of thinking digust you?  I'm sorry, but I find I have to believe that some things are good and some things are evil, absolutely, not simply as a result of my social conditioning.

Sorry, pedophelia is wrong.  Actually, come to think of it, I'm not at all sorry.  Pedophelia is wrong.

I have read over this thread for a long time. I decided to respond more in depth, and perhaps shed a small shingle of my usually titanium-laced internet armor, and open up a can of ass whoop on some of the opinions I see expressed in this thread.

A - Ignorance is a contagious disease.

B - I was the victim of a pedophile, from the age of 8 years, to the age of 12, when I took it upon myself to emulate Batman on illicit drugs and end the man's legs (literal fact).

This means two things:

A - I know for a fact that pedophilia and the age of consent are both almost ALWAYS diametrically opposed. How do I know this? I never gave consent. When I was eight years old, I knew not my ass, from a hole in the ground (no pun intended). Eight year old children do not understand the complex dynamics of sexuality any more than a grapefruit understands it is fruit. Simply not reality. The human brain stops physical development at the age of eight. Yes, in rare cases, puberty starts that soon for some people, and consciousness of self follows, but that is a MINUTE portion of the human race. Pedophile, by definition, means a person is sexually aroused by children, is attracted to their innocence, and thus is hard pressed (no pun intended again) to find themselves able to perform sexual acts with another adult. Satistically, these men (and women) were victimized as children themselves, and some view their predilection as revenge on the world (professional journals document these on a constant basis, pick one).

So, no, pedophilia and the age of consent are not the same things. Almost never. In Africa, it is a different culture, and paradigm shift away from western thinking. In Africa, at 10, many young women are the only woman in a household, AIDS being a prime factor in that. Those people have so many of their elders dying of AIDS, and FAMINE, and worse, that they are forced to grow up fast, and learn early. It isn't right, in my eyes, but their entire culture is completely anathema to anything known to us here in the states.

B - I have absolutely no fond memories of sodomy at the age of 8. I spent many years in therapy, and in isolated places, overcoming nightmares, cold sweats, social anxiety, and my ability to know and love myself as a human being. Emotionally, it is safe to say, I am beyond fucked up, and will never be "alrighty". Most days, I am incapable of a solid emotion. This is a result of years of "going away in my head" just to survive. In short, I feel nothing, most of the time. It is not something I wish on even my worst enemy. Some pop culture icons in literature and books typify this, and it is mistaken as badassness. It is a cold and lonely way to live your life, and I have "sexually free" dip-shits to thank for my curse.

Therefore, in closing, to those morons who have this Utopian Mindset that if we all just roll over, play dead, and let the NAMBLA people have their precious man/boy love,I say this:

When you die, remember my face.

And those studies that were mentioned in the OP, not a source was given. I call bullshit. If it is, in fact, established doctrine in the mental health field for prominent people to say such things, show me a clinical journal that explains this. It calls into question the lobby behind these ideals, and it stinks like shit.
this may explain your avatar, I reccomend you revisit that therapist.

Dead Kangaroo

• FES' Anchor Roo
  • The Elder Ones
  • K800 Model 101.
« Reply #396 on: December 28, 2007, 03:55:43 PM »
Says the one with a fucking rat dog dressed up, I recommend you revisit English class.

« Reply #397 on: December 28, 2007, 09:50:51 PM »
it is interesting to note that 75% of the general US population claim to be christian.  75% of the prison population claim to be christian.  meanwhile, 2% of the general population claim themselves atheist.  yet only 0.8% of the prison population claim themselves atheists.
The poor commit more crime, are more religious and less atheist then the general population. Non-religious poor often self-identify as secular rather then atheist. If the figures of the statistics you didn't cite controlled for socio-economic statues then we could talk.

The divorce rate among self-proclaimed christians is higher than non-christians.
Conservative Christians marry earlier into a relationship and after less relationships. Don't confuse a part with the whole.

divito the truthist

• The Elder Ones
  • Relativist, Existentialist, Nihilist
« Reply #398 on: December 29, 2007, 05:00:05 AM »
Pedophilia is an orientation, stop being retarded people.
Our existentialist, relativist, nihilist, determinist, fascist, eugenicist moderator hath returned.
Quote from: Fortuna
objectively good

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #399 on: December 30, 2007, 01:27:46 PM »
In the same way serial killing is an orientation. They can't help themselves either.

You're rights end when they infringe on the rights of others.

« Reply #400 on: December 30, 2007, 02:04:08 PM »
Somebody lock this thread already.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #401 on: December 30, 2007, 07:51:51 PM »
In the same way serial killing is an orientation. They can't help themselves either.

What divito is saying is that pedophiles and child rapists are two very different things. Your bias against pedophiles is the equivalent of homophobia.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2007, 07:53:58 PM by Masterchief2219 »

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #402 on: December 30, 2007, 07:55:44 PM »

What divito is saying is that pedophiles and child rapists are two very different things. Your bias against pedophiles is the equivalence of homophobia.
I understand. And I am saying the reason Pedophiles do not have the right to act on their desires in the same way that Serial killers do not have the right to act on theirs.

If a serial killer demanded his right to kill people I would have the same response as to a Pedophile that demands his rights to have relations with a child. It is wrong.

And it is not the same as Homophobia, homosexuals have no desire to commit an act that hurts someone they wish to have relations with another man. It is not even close to a comparison.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #403 on: December 30, 2007, 08:11:51 PM »
And it is not the same as Homophobia, homosexuals have no desire to commit an act that hurts someone they wish to have relations with another man. It is not even close to a comparison.
Desire is not illegal, and if it can't be helped, it is not immoral. It is only the act that is illegal or immoral. A pedophile who spends his or her entire life suppressing their desires can not be a bad person.

You have plenty of reasons to hate child rapists, but if they don't actually act on their desires, there is no reason to hate them.

Raist

• The Elder Ones
  • The cat in the Matrix
« Reply #404 on: December 30, 2007, 08:15:30 PM »
Desire is not illegal, and if it can't be helped, it is not immoral. It is only the act that is illegal or immoral. A pedophile who spends his or her entire life suppressing their desires can not be a bad person.

You have plenty of reasons to hate child rapists, but if they don't actually act on their desires, there is no reason to hate them.
Ok. I just thought that the word pedophile implied that they had acted on the impulse. If not then the debate was not very well defined. This whole debate has been on the action.

Also the article at the beginning was about how the action was non harmful. The ensuing debate obviously would be on whether there is harm and on the evil of causing that harm.

Divito's point is actually lame considering the context.

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #405 on: December 30, 2007, 08:23:07 PM »
Ok. I just thought that the word pedophile implied that they had acted on the impulse. If not then the debate was not very well defined. This whole debate has been on the action.

Also the article at the beginning was about how the action was non harmful. The ensuing debate obviously would be on whether there is harm and on the evil of causing that harm.

Divito's point is actually lame considering the context.
Meh, I haven't really been paying attention to the debate. I just assumed that was what he meant when he said it was an orientation.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 12:00:39 PM by Masterchief2219 »

?

cpt_bthimes

• exposer of lies
« Reply #406 on: December 31, 2007, 03:13:41 PM »
i bet midnight would disagree.  he claims to have been raped.  (jesus, the guy claims to be a fucking expert in everything doesn't he.  if we were debating volcanoes, he would claim is brother in law erupted last week.  but not that i care if he was or wasn't.)  and by a man if i recall correctly.  so ignoring the fact that most people that sexually abuse children were abused themselves (thus increasing the odds that midnight is himself a pedophile), you could probably call him a homopedophiliacophobe - one who is afraid of male adults who like children.  or something like that.

« Reply #407 on: December 31, 2007, 03:33:12 PM »
priests raped children all the time. i'm sure he's not bullshitting just by statistics alone.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #408 on: December 31, 2007, 03:38:21 PM »
Desire is not illegal

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #409 on: December 31, 2007, 03:40:53 PM »
i bet midnight would disagree.  he claims to have been raped.  (jesus, the guy claims to be a fucking expert in everything doesn't he.  if we were debating volcanoes, he would claim is brother in law erupted last week.  but not that i care if he was or wasn't.)  and by a man if i recall correctly.  so ignoring the fact that most people that sexually abuse children were abused themselves (thus increasing the odds that midnight is himself a pedophile), you could probably call him a homopedophiliacophobe - one who is afraid of male adults who like children.  or something like that.

That was pretty weak, even for you. Please use your amazing powers of perception and quote me owning your pants with nothing more than common sense and superior brain mass anywhere in any exchange we have shared. Also, please make sure you include the vast mounds of posts where I have claimed a PHD, or a Degree of any sort, in relation to my constant closing of your mouth with saran wrap.

Oh wait, your beer is empty. Time for another Duff run. :-*

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #410 on: December 31, 2007, 03:46:41 PM »
Ugh, you people and your social relativism.  Sure, we could call absolutely every belief we have into question, because we've got no real frame of reference on which we could base our definitions of "good" and "evil" (unless you're a theist, but then you'd have to prove that your religion is truth, good luck with that). 

I could ask "Why is it bad to kill people?",  "Why is it bad to steal?", "Why is it bad to sleep with my neighbor's wife?",  It's only your foolish social taboos based on the Judeo-Christian belief system that makes these things wrong.

For anything to be logically deduced to be good or bad, we have to first define good and bad, however, as soon as we do that, there are some people who will disagree with our definition, and we'll have to accept that they have their "good" and we have ours, and we have to tolerate their good because it's just as valid as ours; they're both products of social conditioning, and not based on any true, objective, scale of right or wrong.

But honestly, doesn't this kind of thinking digust you?  I'm sorry, but I find I have to believe that some things are good and some things are evil, absolutely, not simply as a result of my social conditioning.

Sorry, pedophelia is wrong.  Actually, come to think of it, I'm not at all sorry.  Pedophelia is wrong.

I have read over this thread for a long time. I decided to respond more in depth, and perhaps shed a small shingle of my usually titanium-laced internet armor, and open up a can of ass whoop on some of the opinions I see expressed in this thread.

A - Ignorance is a contagious disease.

B - I was the victim of a pedophile, from the age of 8 years, to the age of 12, when I took it upon myself to emulate Batman on illicit drugs and end the man's legs (literal fact).

This means two things:

A - I know for a fact that pedophilia and the age of consent are both almost ALWAYS diametrically opposed. How do I know this? I never gave consent. When I was eight years old, I knew not my ass, from a hole in the ground (no pun intended). Eight year old children do not understand the complex dynamics of sexuality any more than a grapefruit understands it is fruit. Simply not reality. The human brain stops physical development at the age of eight. Yes, in rare cases, puberty starts that soon for some people, and consciousness of self follows, but that is a MINUTE portion of the human race. Pedophile, by definition, means a person is sexually aroused by children, is attracted to their innocence, and thus is hard pressed (no pun intended again) to find themselves able to perform sexual acts with another adult. Satistically, these men (and women) were victimized as children themselves, and some view their predilection as revenge on the world (professional journals document these on a constant basis, pick one).

So, no, pedophilia and the age of consent are not the same things. Almost never. In Africa, it is a different culture, and paradigm shift away from western thinking. In Africa, at 10, many young women are the only woman in a household, AIDS being a prime factor in that. Those people have so many of their elders dying of AIDS, and FAMINE, and worse, that they are forced to grow up fast, and learn early. It isn't right, in my eyes, but their entire culture is completely anathema to anything known to us here in the states.

B - I have absolutely no fond memories of sodomy at the age of 8. I spent many years in therapy, and in isolated places, overcoming nightmares, cold sweats, social anxiety, and my ability to know and love myself as a human being. Emotionally, it is safe to say, I am beyond fucked up, and will never be "alrighty". Most days, I am incapable of a solid emotion. This is a result of years of "going away in my head" just to survive. In short, I feel nothing, most of the time. It is not something I wish on even my worst enemy. Some pop culture icons in literature and books typify this, and it is mistaken as badassness. It is a cold and lonely way to live your life, and I have "sexually free" dip-shits to thank for my curse.

Therefore, in closing, to those morons who have this Utopian Mindset that if we all just roll over, play dead, and let the NAMBLA people have their precious man/boy love,I say this:

When you die, remember my face.

And those studies that were mentioned in the OP, not a source was given. I call bullshit. If it is, in fact, established doctrine in the mental health field for prominent people to say such things, show me a clinical journal that explains this. It calls into question the lobby behind these ideals, and it stinks like shit.

Psychopaths need not a pill. :-*

« Reply #411 on: December 31, 2007, 04:53:57 PM »
You like pills in your ass, don't you dickwarmer?

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #412 on: December 31, 2007, 04:59:38 PM »
I like your inability to find a purpose, you batshit insane Mexican.

« Reply #413 on: December 31, 2007, 05:05:17 PM »
I like your inability to stop fucking your dad and go find some pussy!

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #414 on: December 31, 2007, 05:08:10 PM »
You are precious in my sight, heathen. Have another taco.

« Reply #415 on: December 31, 2007, 05:48:32 PM »
your asshole is in daddy's sights, bitch. Have more of daddy's creation fluid.

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #416 on: December 31, 2007, 05:49:50 PM »
LOL TOUGH GUY ON THE INTERWEB

« Reply #417 on: December 31, 2007, 06:07:24 PM »
LOL TOUGH GUY ON THE INTERWEB
Get a clue pussyfarts!

Midnight

• RE/FE Apathetic.
« Reply #418 on: December 31, 2007, 06:32:56 PM »

« Reply #419 on: December 31, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
What? Cat got your tongue? Or is daddy's cock in your mouth? Make sure to wash your mouth out with his pee, cockslave!