Jerry Falwell is dead

• 73 Replies

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
  • Former President of Iraq
Jerry Falwell is dead
« on: May 16, 2007, 04:15:03 AM »
Yesterday, Jerry Falwell died at the ripe old age of 73.

In case you don't know Falwell, he's the guy who repeatedly suggested Tinky-Winky the Teletubby is gay, blamed feminists for 9/11 and Hurricane Katrina, and has hinted at martially enforcing Biblical laws.

Am I the only one not overwhelmed with grief?

Colonel Gaydafi

• Spam Moderator
  • Planar Moderator
  • Queen of the gays!
Re: Jerry Falwell is dead
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 04:26:51 AM »
Tinky Winky was gay
Quote from: WardoggKC130FE
If Gayer doesn't remember you, you might as well do yourself a favor and become an hero.
Quote from: Raa
there is a difference between touching a muff and putting your hand into it isn't there?

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 06:29:35 AM »
I caught some hilarious wiki-vandalism after he died yesterday:

http://home.comcast.net/~fse452/falwell.jpg

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:12:27 PM »
Jerry Falwell was a great christain leader and was one of the few people with the courage to stand up to this country's moral and ethical issues. I was sad to learn of such a great soldier of God had died.
NASA employees use the "space program" as a way to pocket billions of dollars from the government....there you have it. Motive.

Franc T., Planar

• Leader of the Planar Army, Republic of Canada
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:13:50 PM »
No one is going to mourn his passing. He was a depraved lunatic, and his death is a relief for any sane individual.
Broadcasting live from the Republic of Canada!

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 02:59:57 PM »
No one is going to mourn his passing. He was a depraved lunatic, and his death is a relief for any sane individual.

Granted he did embarrass the conservative base quite a bit, but it is disrespectful to mock someone when they just died.
NASA employees use the "space program" as a way to pocket billions of dollars from the government....there you have it. Motive.

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

• Who says that I don't have a life?
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 03:06:38 PM »
For once i am going to have to agree with Franc T., Planar. Jerry Falwell was the worlds most famous pescimist. He hated just about everything, and criticized everyone. (except those that gave him money) The point is not many sane people will miss him.
The most useful tool in the world...sarcasm. The most useless tool in the world...Tom Bishop.

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 03:16:39 PM »
Jerry Falwell was a great christain leader and was one of the few people with the courage to stand up to this country's moral and ethical issues. I was sad to learn of such a great soldier of God had died.

Please tell me that's some kind of poorly-constructed joke.

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 03:19:35 PM »
I wish that it was...but i think he maybe one of tens of people out there that supported that lunatic.
The most useful tool in the world...sarcasm. The most useless tool in the world...Tom Bishop.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 04:18:03 PM »
I agree! Jerry Falwell was a religious genius. He led brilliant intellectual crusades against what everyone knows was morally incorrect, fighting with every shred of dignity that he had--he had three left until he died.

The man was cunning and intelligent, following the Bible as it was MEANT to be followed--rejecting all this silly "symbolism" bullcrap that those harmful atheists and agnostics tell us in favor of brilliant literal translations--and using the correct translation of the holy Scripture--the King James could never be closer to my heart.

His death is one of utter sadness and my heart sinks in sorrow at the news of his death. Why, oh why does such a brilliant man need to be smote so harshly when he could have done much more good in the sake of Christianity? WHY?!

~D-Draw

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 04:45:09 PM »
Was that meant to be sarcastic?  I couldn't tell.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 07:58:40 PM »

No it wasn't a joke. Falwell was a great religous leader; he did everything he could to stop the decay of this countries morals.

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 08:03:53 PM »

No, it was meant to be satirical. Like sarcasm on crack. If you didn't get the ironic jokes, I feel bad for you.

~D-Draw

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 10:37:03 PM »

No it wasn't a joke. Falwell was a great religous leader; he did everything he could to stop the decay of this countries morals.

Please, the man had no morals.
the cake is a lie

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 10:40:30 PM »

No, it was meant to be satirical. Like sarcasm on crack. If you didn't get the ironic jokes, I feel bad for you.

~D-Draw

Whatever.  Sarcasm is sarcasm.
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 10:50:42 PM »
THIS IS SHIT

Saddam Hussein

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2007, 04:12:49 AM »
Sometimes, Uncyclopedia is closer to the truth than it was originally meant to be.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2007, 12:13:53 PM »

Masterchef

• Rabble rabble rabble
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2007, 12:37:51 PM »
Granted he did embarrass the conservative base quite a bit, but it is disrespectful to mock someone when they just died.
Isn't that the point of mocking him? The guy was a douche, and he deserves to be disrespected.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2007, 01:55:52 PM »
i just thought i was rude is all.

?

Ethan_MVgolfer2008

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Its not rude to say a lunatic is a lunatic whether he is dead or not. ::)

dysfunction

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2007, 03:56:46 PM »
Is it rude to say that tyrannical dictators like Pinochet or Hussein were evil just because they're recently dead? I'm not saying Falwell was as evil as all that, but he was a horrible person. How long do we have to wait before it's alright to criticize him?
the cake is a lie

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2007, 04:40:43 PM »
What, does this board censor people who are rude? If so, half the RE contingent should be banned before anyone who spoke here.

They say death and taxes are the only two absolutes. Actually, they're only half right.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
Not to bash another FEer but you would be first out the door.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2007, 05:08:21 PM »
Not to bash another FEer but you would be first out the door.

OWNT

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2007, 06:55:12 PM »
No.. I am not rude.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2007, 07:40:58 PM »
I hope that was sarcasm...otherwise you would be a rude liar.

Franc T., Planar

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 07:43:23 PM »
For every rude thing I have said, I have received about ten equivalent or worse.

?

FEbeliever90

• Galileo never existed
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2007, 07:45:35 PM »
Thats what everyone says. ::)