Astronomical Objects

• 171 Replies

Testify

• In the name of the Father, Son and the Holy Ghost
Re: Astronomical Objects
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2015, 07:34:29 AM »
If you say you believe the earth is flat, which would you believe ?
(1) Flat earth measurements which say the moon is  approximately 3,000 miles from the earth ?
(2) Laser and radio wave measurements  which say the  moon is approximately 250,000 miles from the earth ?

Are either or both of these measurements contrary to God's word ?

It would depend on how the flat Earth measurements were taken: methods must be compared. Laser and radio wave measurements may be accurate, or the results may be lies.
That being said, the moon may not exist as a physical entity, as you suppose. Though we see God's light in the sky, He is not limited to anything so crude as matter. Christ's light would be similar. Attempting to measure the distance to such an object is an exercise in futility.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2015, 07:55:13 AM »
If you say you believe the earth is flat, which would you believe ?
(1) Flat earth measurements which say the moon is  approximately 3,000 miles from the earth ?
(2) Laser and radio wave measurements  which say the  moon is approximately 250,000 miles from the earth ?

Are either or both of these measurements contrary to God's word ?

It would depend on how the flat Earth measurements were taken: methods must be compared. Laser and radio wave measurements may be accurate, or the results may be lies.
That being said, the moon may not exist as a physical entity, as you suppose. Though we see God's light in the sky, He is not limited to anything so crude as matter. Christ's light would be similar. Attempting to measure the distance to such an object is an exercise in futility.

Let me explain this from the "round earther" viewpoint.
We know that the moon is definitely a physical entity.
We know that the moon reflects the light of the sun.
We know that the moon  is approximately 250,000 miles from the earth.
Astronomical observatories, such as Mc Donald Observatory in Texas, have aimed laser beams at reflectors placed there by the astronauts , and measured the time for these beams to return to earth. Using this time multiplied by the speed of light enabled them to determine the distance to the earth. They have been enabled to measure the distance to the centimeter.
Amateur radio operators , in an operation called "Moon Bounce", using highly directional and highly sensitive equipment, aimed radio beams at the moon. They measured the time for the radio waves to return to earth . Multiplying the time by the speed of radio waves they determined the distance from the earth to the moon. These measurements were not as precise as the laser beam measurements but were well within the parameters of the known distance to the moon.

Would you say these measurements are true or would you just go back on the old flat earth method of saying all of this was a lie ?

Or is this just too complicated for you to comprehend ?  I have tried to explain as simply as possible.
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Testify

« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2015, 08:27:43 AM »
Would you say these measurements are true or would you just go back on the old flat earth method of saying all of this was a lie ?

There is a fact I'm sure we both agree on: an experiment is only as good as the assumptions made are accurate. That is, an experiment will be far more reliable if the parameters set or used are accurate.
If you measure the energy it takes to accelerate to a certain speed, take into account air resistance. If you want to know the angle to shoot to hit a target, take into account wind speed and direction.
If you can show me where the possibility of demons interfering is taken into account, I would be grateful. Science rarely allows for such possibilities, however: this is one of my problems with it. It works under the assumption that there is no God or angels or fallen to affect observations.
Isaiah 40:22: "It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in"

« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2015, 11:29:17 AM »
Now I would like to ask you nicely to keep all religious believes out of this debate. And lets discuss with logic and scientific reason, why its logical to believe earth is special and flat, while all the other planets are round. Personally I believe earth is just a planet. This is not a religious believe because its based on scientific evidence, what is your believe and what is your reason?
Earth is flat, but Jupiter is the flattest planet in our solar system.

Testify

« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2015, 11:44:30 AM »
Now I would like to ask you nicely to keep all religious believes out of this debate. And lets discuss with logic and scientific reason, why its logical to believe earth is special and flat, while all the other planets are round. Personally I believe earth is just a planet. This is not a religious believe because its based on scientific evidence, what is your believe and what is your reason?

I assume you're an atheist? I am not: I believe God exists, I believe He made the world, I believe the Bible is His word. I cannot divorce this from how I think, or what I believe. Scientific evidence, to me, leads to the conclusion that the Creator will know more of the shape and workings of the world, and what could crudely be called experimentation confirmed to me He was as written in the Bible.
What you term religious belief is where the evidence leads me.

« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2015, 12:15:24 PM »

I assume you're an atheist? I am not: I believe God exists, I believe He made the world, I believe the Bible is His word. I cannot divorce this from how I think, or what I believe. Scientific evidence, to me, leads to the conclusion that the Creator will know more of the shape and workings of the world, and what could crudely be called experimentation confirmed to me He was as written in the Bible.

Your assumption is wrong. And I simply could not care less what you believe. But I do wonder how you prove a creator with scientific evidence, may I read your work?

Testify

« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2015, 12:44:07 PM »

Your assumption is wrong. And I simply could not care less what you believe. But I do wonder how you prove a creator with scientific evidence, may I read your work?

Pray with an open mind and open heart. If you are a believer, have you felt God's Holy Spirit? This fills the role of an experiment. Pray, and feel His truth.
Often things are referred to as unscientific merely because they deal with God and His word. This is dishonest. There are repeatable ways to conclusively verify His existence, as I have done, and as anyone with an open heart may do.

« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2015, 12:59:16 PM »

Pray with an open mind and open heart. If you are a believer, have you felt God's Holy Spirit? This fills the role of an experiment. Pray, and feel His truth.
Often things are referred to as unscientific merely because they deal with God and His word. This is dishonest. There are repeatable ways to conclusively verify His existence, as I have done, and as anyone with an open heart may do.
Where is Jora when we need him?

Still waiting for your answer on the height needed to see all the earth.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #98 on: September 29, 2015, 01:02:09 PM »

It has been explained that "testify" is basing his belief that the world is flat from one quote from Isaiah 40:22. It has been shown that he is just taking this out of context. There are no churches that believe the earth is flat.  To my knowledge they all know that it is the globe that it is."testify" also denies any facts and evidence that the earth is round. His "I am holier than thou" views really do not belong on this forum. Of course, it you look at this from a standpoint of reality, it is a moot point that the earth is the globe that it is. There is every evidence that it is a globe and there is no evidence that it is flat.   

Chorus:

Testify

« Reply #99 on: September 29, 2015, 01:07:55 PM »

I did answer that. I do not care about the precise value, only that it exists as stated by God. If you are interested in the exact height, you have access to all the same materials and resources as I. You are the one who cares about the answer, I will not do your work for you. If you believe the answer is relevant and accessible, find it.
I will not answer irrelevancies. I also cannot tell you Adam's hair color. God does not specify minor, irrelevant details.

Testify

« Reply #100 on: September 29, 2015, 01:10:03 PM »

It has been explained that "testify" is basing his belief that the world is flat from one quote from Isaiah 40:22. It has been shown that he is just taking this out of context. There are no churches that believe the earth is flat.  To my knowledge they all know that it is the globe that it is."testify" also denies any facts and evidence that the earth is round. His "I am holier than thou" views really do not belong on this forum. Of course, it you look at this from a standpoint of reality, it is a moot point that the earth is the globe that it is. There is every evidence that it is a globe and there is no evidence that it is flat.

No. I repeatedly state that multiple verses tell us that the world is flat: for example, god tells us that all the world may be seen from one high point, such as in Matthew 4:8. The Bible is explicit.
Few Churches believe in a flat world at present. This is because demons are insidious. They spread lies, and have been doing so an increasing amount, drawing people away from God's word.
I am not 'holier than thou.' You need only pray to God.

« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2015, 01:11:02 PM »

I did answer that. I do not care about the precise value, only that it exists as stated by God. If you are interested in the exact height, you have access to all the same materials and resources as I. You are the one who cares about the answer, I will not do your work for you. If you believe the answer is relevant and accessible, find it.
I will not answer irrelevancies. I also cannot tell you Adam's hair color. God does not specify minor, irrelevant details.
Please repeat the approximate height.

« Reply #102 on: September 29, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »

Please shut the fuck up. If you don't know what logic and scientific reason is I suggest you Take you mouth, shut it, and the fuck up. If you feel offended, read this again: Sorry I know quoting myself is douchey.

Testify

« Reply #103 on: September 29, 2015, 01:44:40 PM »

Please repeat the approximate height.

You are the one who cares what the height is, and you have access to the same resources as I. If it is possible to find this height, why do you not do so?

Testify

« Reply #104 on: September 29, 2015, 01:46:19 PM »

Please shut the fuck up. If you don't know what logic and scientific reason is I suggest you Take you mouth, shut it, and the fuck up. If you feel offended, read this again: Sorry I know quoting myself is douchey.

It is logical to trust the word of an omniscient being. This is true: this does not mean said being exists, but if one does, then this would be logical.
I then offered a repeatable 'experiment' to verify said being does exist, and what it's word is. What aspect of this is not scientific?

It is as I said, you conclude something is not scientific merely because it deals with God, even though science is meant to be a method, and not a conclusion.

« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2015, 01:57:57 PM »

It is logical to trust the word of an omniscient being. This is true: this does not mean said being exists, but if one does, then this would be logical.
I then offered a repeatable 'experiment' to verify said being does exist, and what it's word is. What aspect of this is not scientific?

It is as I said, you conclude something is not scientific merely because it deals with God, even though science is meant to be a method, and not a conclusion.

No its not, its not logical at all. Maybe in your head but trust me, normal people do not hear voices. And praying is not an experiment. for fuck sake, did you not go to school? what country are you from? did they not have science class there?

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #106 on: September 29, 2015, 02:07:20 PM »
"testify" Back to square one

Just to make it clear. Your belief that the world is flat is based on Isaiah 40:22 ?

Do you believe that anything that says the world is a globe is a work of demons and witchcraft ?
And anyone who works in the field of satellites is a demon and a witch ?

Chorus:

« Reply #107 on: September 29, 2015, 02:11:04 PM »

Just to make it clear. Your belief that the world is flat is based on Isaiah 40:22 ?

Do you believe that anything that says the world is a globe is a work of demons and witchcraft ?

Yes, yes he does. That is the only thing he has ever said, like a thousand times.

Testify

« Reply #108 on: September 29, 2015, 04:31:54 PM »

Yes, yes he does. That is the only thing he has ever said, like a thousand times.

I do not hear voices.
I believe the world is flat partially by Isaiah 40:22. I have given other biblical evidences on multiple occasions, including I believe after you have asked me that precise quetsion.
Those who say the world is a globe are often deceived by demons. Those who work in the field of satellites may be deceived by demons. Demons certainly exist and do possess, fool and corrupt, but at no point have I ever claimed that everyone involved in those areas is a demon. At no point.
If you honestly think your post approaches a rational recount of what I have been saying, you have made your hardened heart incredibly clear. You bastardize God's word and then mock the result, which was never claimed in the first place.

« Reply #109 on: September 29, 2015, 06:25:14 PM »

I do not hear voices.
I believe the world is flat partially by Isaiah 40:22. I have given other biblical evidences on multiple occasions, including I believe after you have asked me that precise quetsion.
Those who say the world is a globe are often deceived by demons. Those who work in the field of satellites may be deceived by demons. Demons certainly exist and do possess, fool and corrupt, but at no point have I ever claimed that everyone involved in those areas is a demon. At no point.
If you honestly think your post approaches a rational recount of what I have been saying, you have made your hardened heart incredibly clear. You bastardize God's word and then mock the result, which was never claimed in the first place.

Why would a demon deceive everyone in to thinking the Earth were round?  What's the point of that?  Couldn't God or a demon just as easily deceive you into thinking the Earth were flat?

Testify

« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2015, 04:26:44 AM »

I do not hear voices.

Why would a demon deceive everyone in to thinking the Earth were round?  What's the point of that?  Couldn't God or a demon just as easily deceive you into thinking the Earth were flat?

God tells us the world is flat: demons seek to draw us away from God's word. For centuries they have been treating more and more of the Bible as untrue, as 'metaphor', though God states His parables clearly.

« Reply #111 on: September 30, 2015, 04:47:18 AM »

I do not hear voices.

God tells us the world is flat: demons seek to draw us away from God's word. For centuries they have been treating more and more of the Bible as untrue, as 'metaphor', though God states His parables clearly.

How can you be sure demons are decieving us and not you. Majority of the world believes earth is round. It is logical to believe you are the exeption, not us.

Testify

« Reply #112 on: September 30, 2015, 05:05:16 AM »

I do not hear voices.

How can you be sure demons are decieving us and not you. Majority of the world believes earth is round. It is logical to believe you are the exeption, not us.

Pray to God. I do not expect you to believe me simply because I say so: pray to know the truth and you will feel God. It is logical to believe God will tell us the truth.

« Reply #113 on: September 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM »

I do not hear voices.

Blind faith is a beautiful thing.  It unfortunately doesn't tell you anything about God.  Your entire belief system is based on the word of God written by God.  Is it not entirely within the realm of possibility that a demon came along and saw a primitive Earth and decided to write a great book about himself and have all its inhabitants worship him?  It seems plausible to me, I'm not saying its true or that I believe that.  I feel questioning your faith and still believing in it is a much stronger belief system.  If I wrote a book about myself and claimed to be God, would you believe me?  Why or why not?  If I wrote a new chapter saying God spoke through me to write it, would you believe it? Why or why not?

Testify

« Reply #114 on: September 30, 2015, 09:14:11 AM »

I do not hear voices.

Blind faith is a beautiful thing.  It unfortunately doesn't tell you anything about God.  Your entire belief system is based on the word of God written by God.  Is it not entirely within the realm of possibility that a demon came along and saw a primitive Earth and decided to write a great book about himself and have all its inhabitants worship him?  It seems plausible to me, I'm not saying its true or that I believe that.  I feel questioning your faith and still believing in it is a much stronger belief system.  If I wrote a book about myself and claimed to be God, would you believe me?  Why or why not?  If I wrote a new chapter saying God spoke through me to write it, would you believe it? Why or why not?

None of that describes my belief. You could not possibly claim it did if you were honest.
I believe as I do because I have felt God come to me, and I have felt His Holy Spirit, as you may. There is no questioning in certainty. If God would confirm the truth of your work to those who pray, I would believe it: none may fake that.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #115 on: September 30, 2015, 10:54:20 AM »
"testify". I know you keep repeating yourself. And I keep repeating myself, too. LOL.

But the earth is a globe. There is no doubt about it. It is a proven fact and there is infinite evidence of it . There is absolutely no evidence that the earth is some flat disc, etc. It's the plain truth.

The problem with flat earthers seems to be they are rather myopic. They are so near-sighted they can't see past the windows of their houses.

I would suggest you contact some Biblical Scholars to explain how you are taking  those passages  out of context you keep quoting to try to prove that the earth is flat. How skilled
are you in translating the languages of Hebrew , Greek and Aramaic are you ? Or since they would probably disagree with you, you would probably consider them demons, demon possessed , satanics or satan worshippers any way.

I know a lot of us keep repeating ourselves. But it seems it does little good. Neither do you.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:03:53 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

Testify

« Reply #116 on: September 30, 2015, 11:17:59 AM »
But the earth is a globe.
It is not. God is clear, and He knows.

I would suggest you contact some Biblical Scholars to explain how you are taking  those passages  out of context you keep quoting to try to prove that the earth is flat. How skilled
are you in translating the languages of Hebrew , Greek and Aramaic are you ? Or since they would probably disagree with you, you would probably consider them demons, demon possessed , satanics or satan worshippers any way.
I follow God's word, and think independently of the science spread by demons which corrupts most minds. Do you think people could conclude the world was round by the Bible alone or did they require the words of scientists to do so?
God's word is clear. Rejection is your choice, but it does not alter His truth.

You call men demons far more readily than I. People are deceived.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:19:52 AM by Testify »

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #117 on: September 30, 2015, 11:35:09 AM »
In the words we use in ham radio, "We're not getting through to you" LOL

In closing, best wishes and best regards anyway. But there are lot of Christians who do not believe that the earth is flat . And a lot of other members of other faiths, too. About 6 or 7 Billions of them. They don't just believe the earth is a globe. They know the earth is a globe.
God  knew what He was doing when He designed creation. Including all those things that man has discovered that we call science. They were designed to be put to good use. Like optics and electronics to name just a few. That includes, satellites, GPS and cell phones to name just a few, too. All of them are based on some proven scientific principle. 

I am vacating at present. I will leave it to others if they want to debate with "testify.

But let me give you a clue : It won't do you  any good. LOL.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2015, 11:47:01 AM by Googleotomy »

Chorus:

« Reply #118 on: September 30, 2015, 11:58:49 AM »

I do not hear voices.
Please explain how satellite communication works.  Don't just say you don't care.  And don't mention God.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #119 on: September 30, 2015, 12:02:13 PM »
Everybody, this is the Q&A forum for the flat Earth society.  We have a debate forum, but this is not it.  Please keep this in mind, because I am about to start issuing warnings.  Thanks for your cooperation.