Sceptimatics theory

• 1903 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Sceptimatics theory
« Reply #900 on: September 13, 2013, 12:37:53 PM »
The air inside is nearly static relative to the plane and at the same pressure than outside...Another clue ?

Let's imagine an object weighting 1 kg at 14.7 psi
You say it's weight at 0 psi is 0 kg
What pressure corresponds to 1/2 kg ?
The air inside isn't near static at all. It may start off as static, as taxiing but as soon as the plane accelerates, the air is compressed. It only evens back out when there is no further sharp acceleration.

It's like holding a saucer of water. If you walk with it, your water stays on the saucer, but if you were to suddenly try to throw the saucer at speed, the saucer would fly off and leave the water behind. It creates a compression and friction due to sudden movement.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #901 on: September 13, 2013, 12:42:53 PM »
How is something heavier because of less air pressure?
Less resistance against the mass/weight.
Resistance against what?  Objects aren't moving when you weigh them on a scale.
What are you talking about?
You said less resistance, I presume you're referring to resistance against motion since that is generally the definition unless you're talking electronics.  There is no motion of an object on a scale, or at least not always, thus nothing to resist.  Logically, resistance from surrounding air plays no part in weighing an object.
Everything on earth is resisting pressure, whether it's moving or still.
the earth weighs nothing.
We use measurement of weight inside of it but the earth has no weight.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #902 on: September 13, 2013, 12:45:48 PM »
You said less resistance, I presume you're referring to resistance against motion since that is generally the definition unless you're talking electronics.  There is no motion of an object on a scale, or at least not always, thus nothing to resist.  Logically, resistance from surrounding air plays no part in weighing an object.

Sure it does. It has a relative weight to it's sun and it's moon.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #903 on: September 13, 2013, 12:49:30 PM »
Quote from: REphoenix
1. What causes weight if there is no gravity? Gravity is actually in the definition of weight.
Weight is simply different stages of matter in their place in earths sandwich filling. Once something invades that space , sort of against the grain, it becomes heavier or lighter than it, depending on which way it's been done, up or down.

2. I have not personally looked (unfortunaltely I don't currently have a telescope) but you could check for yourself or ask someone else to look.
But you're telling me you can see this and that. Are you just relying on what you've been told?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #904 on: September 13, 2013, 12:51:27 PM »

The sun in part of the earth, or what you see as the reflection and so is the moon. Earth weighs nothing. It sits in suspended animation in the blackness of what we call a vacuum.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #905 on: September 13, 2013, 12:53:09 PM »

The sun in part of the earth, or what you see as the reflection and so is the moon. Earth weighs nothing. It sits in suspended animation in the blackness of what we call a vacuum.

Yeah yeah I know. You believe in what you believe. I'm really not trying to get into it with you. I'm just providing you with the information that in RET planets have weight too.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #906 on: September 13, 2013, 12:56:02 PM »

Yeah yeah I know. You believe in what you believe. I'm really not trying to get into it with you. I'm just providing you with the information that in RET planets have weight too.
You're quite entitled to think so, but at least you know why I don't.

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #907 on: September 13, 2013, 12:57:20 PM »
1. What causes weight if there is no gravity? Gravity is actually in the definition of weight.
Weight is simply different stages of matter in their place in earths sandwich filling. Once something invades that space , sort of against the grain, it becomes heavier or lighter than it, depending on which way it's been done, up or down.

2. I have not personally looked (unfortunaltely I don't currently have a telescope) but you could check for yourself or ask someone else to look.
But you're telling me you can see this and that. Are you just relying on what you've been told?

1. Explain how the same object can have different weights in different places.
2. Considering the fact that the planets have been known to exist before space travel was even around I would assume that they are visible with a telescope. Also, you can check this yourself.
Anyone with a phoenix avatar is clearly amazing.

« Reply #908 on: September 13, 2013, 01:07:56 PM »
The air inside is nearly static relative to the plane and at the same pressure than outside...Another clue ?

The air inside isn't near static at all. It may start off as static, as taxiing but as soon as the plane accelerates, the air is compressed. It only evens back out when there is no further sharp acceleration.

It's like holding a saucer of water. If you walk with it, your water stays on the saucer, but if you were to suddenly try to throw the saucer at speed, the saucer would fly off and leave the water behind. It creates a compression and friction due to sudden movement.

Let's say we are stopped at the runway. The planes accelerates. You are saying that the air pressure in the back of the cabin is greater than the air pressure in the front ?

You've not answered to my other question.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #909 on: September 13, 2013, 01:38:30 PM »
So what exactly do you see through your telescope. Describe it for me.

When I saw Saturn I saw a planet with rings. By all means, prove to me that I never saw Saturn.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #910 on: September 13, 2013, 04:03:07 PM »

Variations in atmospheric pressure upon the object.

2. Considering the fact that the planets have been known to exist before space travel was even around I would assume that they are visible with a telescope. Also, you can check this yourself.
Go and look through a telescope. Pick out somewhere on land or out at sea and tell me how far you can see before the furthest object becomes indescribable.
Ok, you're looking through a thicker atmosphere, but you'll find that you can't see much after tens of miles ,clearly.
Equate that to the sky and add a larger helping of sight and you'll realise that telescopes aren't what you think they are, in terms of this distant planet carry on. Thy're fine for viewing big things in the atmosphere, like, say reflections off of a dome.
Saying planets existed before space travel is pointless because space travel is a figment of over active imaginations and skulduggery.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #911 on: September 13, 2013, 04:08:16 PM »

Let's say we are stopped at the runway. The planes accelerates. You are saying that the air pressure in the back of the cabin is greater than the air pressure in the front ?

You've not answered to my other question.
The best way I can answer this so you can get a clue on it, is to imagine the cockpit filled with water with the pilot in his seat taxiing onto the runway.
The water will be fairly static, just like the air would in his cabin.
Now he accelerates...and as he does so, that water gets pushed back against him and as long as he keeps speeding up...that water will continue to be pushed against the back of the cabin/cockpit but also, it will be pushing against his face, too, until he stops accelerating, in which case the water will return to it's normal pressure, just like the air would.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #912 on: September 13, 2013, 04:11:22 PM »

When I saw Saturn I saw a planet with rings. By all means, prove to me that I never saw Saturn.
So what exactly did you see? Can you describe it, briefly as in clarity and size to your sight, say compared to seeing the reflection of what people think is a moon.

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #913 on: September 13, 2013, 04:21:13 PM »

Go and look through a telescope. Pick out somewhere on land or out at sea and tell me how far you can see before the furthest object becomes indescribable.
Ok, you're looking through a thicker atmosphere, but you'll find that you can't see much after tens of miles ,clearly.
Equate that to the sky and add a larger helping of sight and you'll realise that telescopes aren't what you think they are, in terms of this distant planet carry on. Thy're fine for viewing big things in the atmosphere, like, say reflections off of a dome.
Saying planets existed before space travel is pointless because space travel is a figment of over active imaginations and skulduggery.
What blocks the light from reaching my eyes through space?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #914 on: September 13, 2013, 04:24:23 PM »

What blocks the light from reaching my eyes through space?
Nothing.
There is no space. It does not exist, except for blackness that you perceive.
Anything you see against that blackness, is mirrored reflections from earth. EVERYTHING.

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #915 on: September 13, 2013, 04:27:39 PM »
How can a planet with rings possibly be a reflection?

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #916 on: September 13, 2013, 04:31:59 PM »
I'm still waiting for someone to describe this planet from seeing it with their own telescope and not just relying on being told.

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #917 on: September 13, 2013, 04:33:51 PM »
I'm still waiting for someone to describe this planet from seeing it with their own telescope and not just relying on being told.
Sokarul already did.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #918 on: September 13, 2013, 04:35:56 PM »
Sokarul already did.
I'm waiting for him to explain what he saw.

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #919 on: September 13, 2013, 04:37:13 PM »
Sokarul already did.
I'm waiting for him to explain what he saw.
He saw a planet with rings. Clearly he was implying that he saw exactly how Saturn is supposed to look.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #920 on: September 13, 2013, 04:38:11 PM »

So what exactly did you see? Can you describe it, briefly as in clarity and size to your sight, say compared to seeing the reflection of what people think is a moon.
I saw it over 15 years ago. There was a couple telescopes set up. The one that was looking at Saturn was the biggest telescope. Saturn fit in the field of view of the telescope and took up the whole view from what I remember. It was not in color.The rings were clearly visible, it's how you knew it was Saturn. It didn't look like a dot, it looked like as if you were looking at the moon through weak binoculars.   
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #921 on: September 13, 2013, 04:42:32 PM »

I saw it over 15 years ago. There was a couple telescopes set up. The one that was looking at Saturn was the biggest telescope. Saturn fit in the field of view of the telescope and took up the whole view from what I remember. It was not in color.The rings were clearly visible, it's how you knew it was Saturn. It didn't look like a dot, it looked like as if you were looking at the moon through weak binoculars.   
And tilted of course, right?

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #922 on: September 13, 2013, 04:45:55 PM »

And tilted of course, right?
I think it was.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #923 on: September 13, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
Here is a video I found. Probably what I saw.
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">

Here is where I was. https://sites.google.com/a/jeffcoschools.us/outdoor-lab/windy-peak
If you check the weekly schedule, they still do it to this day.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #924 on: September 13, 2013, 04:57:13 PM »
1.5 billion supposed miles away and you could see it like that through a telescope?

?

REphoenix

• Round Earther
« Reply #925 on: September 13, 2013, 04:58:23 PM »
1.5 billion supposed miles away and you could see it like that through a telescope?
There is nothing in the way to block the light.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #926 on: September 13, 2013, 04:59:58 PM »
Yes, just like the youtube video.
The night I saw Saturn I also saw another galaxy. I'm not sure which one.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #927 on: September 13, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »
There is nothing in the way to block the light.
There is nothing for light to travel through. That's why, what you are seeing, is reflections from earth.
Space like you think you know it, does not exist.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #928 on: September 13, 2013, 05:04:06 PM »
Saturn is visible with the naked eye.  Telescopes just help you see it better.
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #929 on: September 13, 2013, 05:04:51 PM »
Yes, just like the youtube video.
The night I saw Saturn I also saw another galaxy. I'm not sure which one.
Whatever you see up there is not 1.5 billion miles away. It's a reflection from earth on to the dome.