...yet another dumb video by Jeranism...

• 128 Replies
Re: ...yet another dumb video by Jeranism...
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »

Humans are, according to taxonomy, a member of the Animal Kingdom.

Humans are Mammals.

Humans are also a member of the Great Ape Family (which also includes Chimpanzees, Bonobos (aka "Pygmy Chimpanzees), Orangutans, and Gorillas.

Some anthropologists, like Desmond Morris, have referred to humans as "The Naked Ape." (Though we have the same amount of body hair, and in the exact same pattern, as an Orangutan, our is just finer. BTW, male Orangutans suffer from male pattern baldness, just like humans.)

Our DNA is ~ 98.8% the same as a Chimpanzee or Bonobo.

In fact, anthropologists and evolutionary biologists like Jared Diamond ,think that humans should be called "Pan Sapiens" ("Thinking Chimpanzee") rather than Homo Sapiens Sapiens (as we are know as in the binomial nomenclature.) Basically, we are, as Jared Diamond called us, "The Third Chimpanzee". 

Genetics, Phylogeny (Phylogenetics), Evolutionary Taxonomy, Cladistics, Phenetics, etc, all agree - Humans are Animals, Humans are Apes. Names and definitions and classifications may change a tiny little bit over times are scientists disagree, and as they discover new things, and as they try to make more precise definitions, but at this point all that is is hair-splitting and basically, we Humans are Primates.

You can disagree with that, but you would be wrong. Just as wrong as you are that the Earth is flat and that Space doesn't exist. 

Our evolutionary history is written not only *literally* in stone - and bone - but in our bones, and in our very DNA. The eyes that you use to read this with are Primate eyes, who's form was shaped by millions of year in trees and on the Savannah in Africa...the hands you use to type on a keyboard to respond to this were formed by millions of years of evolution so that some primitive monkey-like ancestor could better climb trees....and the language you use to take about these ideas, and the voice you use, is a system designed over millions of years so that one primate in a tree could shout to another primate in another nearby tree.

The mind we all share (well, most of us who actually *have* minds) is a primate mind built upon a mammal brain built upon a reptilian brain build upon a fish brain.

And the atoms that make up those hands and eyes and brains were forged in now long-dead stars billions of year ago...and in the fires of the Big Bang, at the very beginning of Time itself.

That is who and what you are, that is who and what I am, that is who and what we all are.

You can dislike it, you can deny it, but it's the truth.

Pezevenk

• Militant aporfyrodrakonist
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2015, 12:31:11 PM »

By the way, tappet, humans are not monkeys. Humans are apes. Yes, there is a difference. No, I don't expect you to understand.
Whatever? You are an ape then. You people are on such a mission to prove you are nothing but animals so be it.
But I am not like you, I am a man and you are an animal.
Congratulations.

Yes, you and I are both humans.
No I am not a human, human is a bi peddled primate. You are a human, I am mankind.

What is this even supposed to mean?
Member of the BOTD for Anti Fascism and Racism

It is not a scientific fact, it is a scientific fuck!
-Intikam

Read a bit psicology and stick your imo to where it comes from
-Intikam (again)

?

tappet

« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2015, 01:36:02 PM »

By the way, tappet, humans are not monkeys. Humans are apes. Yes, there is a difference. No, I don't expect you to understand.
Whatever? You are an ape then. You people are on such a mission to prove you are nothing but animals so be it.
But I am not like you, I am a man and you are an animal.
Congratulations.

Yes, you and I are both humans.
No I am not a human, human is a bi peddled primate. You are a human, I am mankind.

What is this even supposed to mean?
It means you have been reduced to the level of an animal. Human means bi pedalled primate. And you are so dumb you will search for any  shred of evidence to prove you are nothing but an animal. People like you make shit up wanting to be animals.
Scientists are so dumb they want to prove we are animals, why don't they make an effort to prove we are not animals?
Sounds like bestiality is on its way, wouldn't it be weird if they legalized it in some countries, oh that's right they did.

« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2015, 04:00:23 PM »

Scientists are so dumb

Says somebody typing on the *internet* in the 21st century who probably has cell phone and a car (or rides in cars or buses) has benefited from vaccines, modern medicine, agriculture, clean water, and probably has a microwave oven and a TV, and can regulate the temperature in his parent's basement.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2015, 04:09:58 PM »

Humans are Mammals.

Humans are also a member of the Great Ape Family (which also includes Chimpanzees, Bonobos (aka "Pygmy Chimpanzees), Orangutans, and Gorillas.

Some anthropologists, like Desmond Morris, have referred to humans as "The Naked Ape." (Though we have the same amount of body hair, and in the exact same pattern, as an Orangutan, our is just finer. BTW, male Orangutans suffer from male pattern baldness, just like humans.)

In fact, anthropologists and evolutionary biologists like Jared Diamond ,think that humans should be called "Pan Sapiens" ("Thinking Chimpanzee") rather than Homo Sapiens Sapiens (as we are know as in the binomial nomenclature.) Basically, we are, as Jared Diamond called us, "The Third Chimpanzee". 

Genetics, Phylogeny (Phylogenetics), Evolutionary Taxonomy, Cladistics, Phenetics, etc, all agree - Humans are Animals, Humans are Apes. Names and definitions and classifications may change a tiny little bit over times are scientists disagree, and as they discover new things, and as they try to make more precise definitions, but at this point all that is is hair-splitting and basically, we Humans are Primates.

You can disagree with that, but you would be wrong. Just as wrong as you are that the Earth is flat and that Space doesn't exist. 

Our evolutionary history is written not only *literally* in stone - and bone - but in our bones, and in our very DNA. The eyes that you use to read this with are Primate eyes, who's form was shaped by millions of year in trees and on the Savannah in Africa...the hands you use to type on a keyboard to respond to this were formed by millions of years of evolution so that some primitive monkey-like ancestor could better climb trees....and the language you use to take about these ideas, and the voice you use, is a system designed over millions of years so that one primate in a tree could shout to another primate in another nearby tree.

The mind we all share (well, most of us who actually *have* minds) is a primate mind built upon a mammal brain built upon a reptilian brain build upon a fish brain.

And the atoms that make up those hands and eyes and brains were forged in now long-dead stars billions of year ago...and in the fires of the Big Bang, at the very beginning of Time itself.

That is who and what you are, that is who and what I am, that is who and what we all are.

You speak like you are dealing with facts.

Everything you just said is based on theories. You can try and deny it, but it's the truth.

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #125 on: September 16, 2015, 04:26:41 PM »

Scientists are so dumb

Says somebody typing on the *internet* in the 21st century who probably has cell phone and a car (or rides in cars or buses) has benefited from vaccines, modern medicine, agriculture, clean water, and probably has a microwave oven and a TV, and can regulate the temperature in his parent's basement.

Nobody has ever benefited from vaccines, except the pharmaceutical companies, vaccines kill innocent people each year and are probably the most successful scam in history.

Agriculture is not science. When science mixes with agriculture you get chemical pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, fertilizers , and GMOs and more death and disease. 

Clean water????   Where do you live? My tap water is pumped full of chlorine and fluoride, both very potent toxins.

Microwaves cause cancer, so I don't own one.

And I don't live in my parents basement I own my own home

« Reply #126 on: September 16, 2015, 04:28:33 PM »

Humans are Mammals.

You speak like you are dealing with facts.

Everything you just said is based on theories. You can try and deny it, but it's the truth.

Fossils aren't a theory. DNA it's a theory. The Human Genome isn't a theory (in fact, we've mapped it.)  And the Earth's age isn't just a theory, we can measure it - multiple ways. Same as the shape and size of the Earth, because 100's of people have seen it from space, and we have pictures and have had them for decades.

And all of our science - even the theories - fit together like pieces in a gigantic puzzle. We can argue and debate about the details (and scientists do just that all the time) but the broad strokes of the picture we are very well aware of.

Some people don't like the philosophical implications of that picture, so the reject it, either in bots, or whole cloth. But it's a very self-consistent picture, where as most "alternatives" are internally self-inconsistent.

Plus all those philosophical implications, *those* aren't necessarily even true, they are just speculation. I'm an atheist, and I *believe* that science has shown that a God is not needed for things to run, but I do not *know* that God doesn't exist. I don't believe in Free Will, but I could be very, very wrong (and I would LOVE to be proven wrong.)  I am pretty confident that science shows that humans are insignificant and unimportant in the grand scheme of things - but I could be wrong about that. We could be the most significant thing in all the universe (and would be, if we are the only intelligent life in the universe.)

Serulian

• Flat Earthian
« Reply #127 on: September 16, 2015, 04:35:51 PM »
There is no way to know the age of the Earth. Science can take a best guess, but that is all. No one can ever know for certain.

Poko

« Reply #128 on: September 16, 2015, 06:10:06 PM »
There is no way to know the age of the Earth. Science can take a best guess, but that is all. No one can ever know for certain.

Just so you know, nothing can be known for certain, even things we can observe. This is because direct observation of anything is impossible. Any observation of an object is really just an observation of how that object interacts with other objects and your 5 senses. Even when you look at an object, you aren't observing it directly. Your retinas are receiving light and that light seems to have been reflected off the object.

However, this is perfectly fine. In science, certainty is not the goal. The goal is to create theories that predict future data. In science we make predictions and then we test those predictions. Then we build a theory that we can use to help make more predictions. The more accurate our predictions, the better our theory.

In chemistry, we use atomic theory to make predictions about which elements will react with which other elements. For example, we predict that Hydrogen will react with Fluorine to create Hydrogen Fluoride. To test this prediction, we mix Hydrogen with Fluoride, and we find that they do indeed react. Does this mean our atomic theory has been proven? Not by a long shot. However, it does mean that our atomic theory has predictive capabilities, and that's all we can really hope for.

When scientists say the world is billions of years old, that isn't just a random number they pulled out of nowhere. They used what they know about geography, geology, radioactivity, and other fields to make a prediction. They basically said "If the world were billions of years old, we would expect to see X". Just as importantly, they make predictions that say "If the world were not billions of years old, we would not expect to see X". Then they went out, make their measurements, and found X. This does not mean that we are certain the world is billions of years old. It means that the model of the old Earth has predictive capabilities, and that is the goal of science.
"In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection." - Hugo Rossi