Why does the Sun reach the horizon?

• 103 Replies

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
Re: Why does the Sun reach the horizon?
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2014, 12:04:17 PM »
Yes it is.
Given the situation of exactly perpendicular rays the sun needs to be ∞ far. Neither would perpendicular rays cast the shadow of something up against the clouds. It will just travel over the mountain:

That shadow is not reaching the clouds.  It only appears to from the perspective of the photographer.  Go up to the top of that mountain and tell me if that shadow is on the clouds before you make your claim.

Since when does shadows depend on your perspective? No matter where you stand that shadow will be there.
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2014, 12:11:27 PM »
That side can never be the bottom on a flat earth.

The original point that I made is that this particular side of the cloud cannot be both the bottom in one part of the world and then the top in some other part of the world if the Earth is flat.
You never said anything about two different parts of the world.  I don't see what that has to do with this.  We were discussing how light can illuminate the bottom of clouds at sunset.  And yes it CAN happen on a flat Earth because the sunlight reaches everything and as it moves away, it gradually dims everything from East to West....Earth and sky.

Weird, cause I'm pretty sure that the picture that got us all talking about light on the side/top/bottom of clouds is this one, where I responded:

Here's some sufficient evidence that the sun at least drops lower than cloud level relative to a given position on the earth.

Which is just insane. I mean, we know that at any given time, the sun is directly overhead (as in, above the clouds) in some part of the world.

Now, how can the sun be both above and below the clouds at the same time? Hmmm, I wonder...

Funny you should condescendingly ask me to re-read the thread.

We also already discussed why light gets dimmer as it gets further away and it has nothing to do with the distance of the sun and everything to do with angle of incidence.

Furthermore, NO IT CANNOT LIGHT THE BOTTOM OF A CLOUD ON A FLAT EARTH. Not unless you make up something like perspective and refuse to explain why it would work that way. It has a lot to do with 2 different locations because I think we can all agree that in some part of the world the sun is always overhead. Simultaneously, in some part of the world a sunset is happening and probably illuminating the bottom of a cloud. The sun cannot be both above and below clouds at the same time.

Any logical FE'r would also recognize this and that is why they have to resort to pseudo bullshit like perspective.

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2014, 01:12:51 PM »
I don't know why you can't understand how it's possible, I have no problem.  When you look out over the ocean and see it meet the sky, you know the sky is above that ocean, even though it appears the sky is as low as the ocean.  It's an illusion....caused by your perspective.

?

rottingroom

• Around the world.
« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2014, 01:20:30 PM »
I don't know why you can't understand how it's possible, I have no problem.  When you look out over the ocean and see it meet the sky, you know the sky is above that ocean, even though it appears the sky is as low as the ocean.  It's an illusion....caused by your perspective.

Wtf are you talking about?

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2014, 02:06:48 PM »
Why is the Sun casting two shadows if the Sun is the light source and not a projection of the true light source?

« Reply #95 on: January 05, 2014, 02:30:37 PM »
Why are there double rainbows?

« Reply #96 on: January 05, 2014, 03:44:54 PM »

My answer would be because light is projected from Venus and the light projection forms the Sun. However the Light Venus has is not from itself but another reflection from the energy surrounding the Universe both inside and outside of it.

The Fainter Rainbow in a double rainbow is always the projector, the brighter rainbow is the projection.

All rainbows fork if you catch them at the right angel though. That's because their mirroring the outside energy.

They usually happen after it rains because that's when conductivity is the highest without a lot of extra dust in the air.

?

Scintific Method

• Trust, but verify.
« Reply #97 on: January 05, 2014, 04:28:33 PM »

Scientifically tested explanation for double rainbows.
Quote from: jtelroy
...the FE'ers still found a way to deny it. Not with counter arguments. Not with proof of any kind. By simply denying it.

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."

« Reply #98 on: January 06, 2014, 06:33:02 AM »

So that was tested in a lab?

« Reply #99 on: January 06, 2014, 07:45:52 AM »

So that was tested in a lab?

I expect so, You can test it with a lamp a garden hose and a sprinkler head if you like.

Moosedrool

• Ice Wall Guardian
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2014, 10:39:28 AM »

My answer would be because light is projected from Venus and the light projection forms the Sun. However the Light Venus has is not from itself but another reflection from the energy surrounding the Universe both inside and outside of it.

The Fainter Rainbow in a double rainbow is always the projector, the brighter rainbow is the projection.

All rainbows fork if you catch them at the right angel though. That's because their mirroring the outside energy.

They usually happen after it rains because that's when conductivity is the highest without a lot of extra dust in the air.

What about the light reflecting from mt. everest? You shouldn't forget to take that into account...
I'm not trying to disprove gravity. I've succeeded in disproving it. It's called denpressure.

ausGeoff

« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2014, 12:49:49 PM »

OF COURSE it's the sides because that is the angle the sun is coming from!

This directly contradicts your own previous claims that the clouds were illuminated by the sun on their upper surface, but—presumably—not their sides.  Or do you want to change your story a bit?

The tops of the clouds are coplanar with the sun's rays, but the sides are perpendicular to the sun's rays.  And which explains why the upper surface of most of the clouds are unilluminated, or in partial darkness.

« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2014, 04:40:44 PM »

This directly contradicts your own previous claims that the clouds were illuminated by the sun on their upper surface, but—presumably—not their sides.  Or do you want to change your story a bit?

The tops of the clouds are coplanar with the sun's rays, but the sides are perpendicular to the sun's rays.  And which explains why the upper surface of most of the clouds are unilluminated, or in partial darkness.
You shouldn't make presumptions because the light can and does illuminate the upper, lower and side surfaces of the clouds.

sokarul

• Extra Racist
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2014, 07:15:43 PM »

You shouldn't make presumptions because the light can and does illuminate the upper, lower and side surfaces of the clouds.
Yes, because the Earth is round.
ANNIHILATOR OF  SHIFTER

It's no slur if it's fact.