Why doing it this way?

• 19 Replies
Why doing it this way?
« on: December 27, 2006, 05:19:55 PM »
Why are all this fe'ers sitting on this forum and trying to prove something that is unproveable instead of going out and try to find a proof for the FE theory?.. personally i dont believe in it, but if anyone could show some really evidence i think it would be easier to convince people... so why dont go out and find some good proofs instead of this bullshit?

Dioptimus Drime

• Meep.
Why doing it this way?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 05:21:51 PM »
If you looked beyond the General Discussion thread, you'd see that plenty of believers ARE looking for evidence and trying to do something about it.

~D-Draw

Re: Why doing it this way?
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 05:37:03 PM »
Quote from: "This is so... stupid"
personally i dont believe in it, but if anyone could show some really evidence i think it would be easier to convince people...

What evidence have you seen for a "round" earth? A few photographs here and there. We've all made pictures on a computer, it's easy. Before not believing in a flat earth, ask yourself why you believe in a round earth first.
eep it real, Keep it FE

** verum est in flatness of orbis terrarum **

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 05:49:13 PM »
yes but the round earth model is taken to be the norm, and so has no need to continually prove itself. forgive me if i'm wrong but many years ago people believed the earth to be flat, but now they don't because they found conclusive evident to prove otherwise. i don't know what that evidence was myself (and quite frankly i dont care), but i am sure it has been well documented and agreed by many before being taken for granted.
otherwise, would could just as easily argue that curtains are actually a hybrid form of space invading monkeys, and winge that instead of having to prove it to be the case, insist that people come up with proof to show otherwise.
quite frankly, the flat earth model is the most pathetic, if not amusing, thing i have heard in a long time, with no substantial proof of its existence.
xxx kissy bums xxx

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 05:57:20 PM »
Quote from: "BumholeX"
yes but the round earth model is taken to be the norm, and so has no need to continually prove itself.

That's fine then. So what is currently the norm HAS to be true?

forgive me if i'm wrong but many years ago people believed the earth to be flat, but now they don't because they found conclusive evident to prove otherwise.

People still believe the earth to be flat. The government has created a false idea the earth is round, it's a conspiracy, get it ?!?

i don't know what that evidence was myself (and quite frankly i dont care),

Good point

quite frankly, the flat earth model is the most pathetic, if not amusing, thing i have heard in a long time, with no substantial proof of its existence.

And you just admitted you know nothing of the "proof" for RE theory? How can you be so blind and convinced you are right? it's madness
eep it real, Keep it FE

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 06:09:40 PM »
aaaaaahh hark you got me good. flawed by your undeniable logic.
FYI - i can happily blindly believe in the "RE model" because i am full confident that the evidence offered at the time would have been substantial to change the minds of millions who believed otherwise. and DONT THINK that putting good point on my line, lends any credibility to your own arguments. they're all ridiculous and riddled with more flaws than i care to mention. not forgetting the fact every time someone comes up with a point, one of you buggers comes out with something like blue magic ice or some other proverbial tripe like that to loophole your way out of this ridiculous mess of theory you've got yourself in.
ATLEAST THE ROUND EARTH MODEL DOESN'T USE MAGIC ICE AND SLURPEE MACHINES TO EXPLAIN ITSELF.

i havnt yet seen the proof that curtains aren't actually a hybrid form of space invading monkeys, so no doubt you will tell me that im mad for believing otherwise on that point aswell.
i love how you're gonna reply with some more rubbish for me to sift through.

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2006, 06:12:55 PM »

i love how you're gonna reply with some more rubbish for me to sift through.

No, not this time.
eep it real, Keep it FE

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2006, 06:14:11 PM »
finally some sense outta you buggers!
i am so awesome it's not true

midgard

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 09:36:04 AM »
i havnt yet seen the proof that curtains aren't actually a hybrid form of space invading monkeys, so no doubt you will tell me that im mad for believing otherwise on that point aswell.

I don't think you're mad, just stupid.

Go to a curtain manufacturer and you'll see how they're made.

I can't prove you wrong at the moment and I have no intentions of going to a curtain manufacturer or even learning about curtains.

Long story short: I'm not going to bother with your little theory. If you are serious about your theory then perhaps you should start your own forum.  The thing I don't get is why Round Earthers stay around here when they don't believe, and have no proof against a Flat Earth.

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 10:33:27 AM »
Quote from: "midgard"

Long story short: I'm not going to bother with your little theory. If you are serious about your theory then perhaps you should start your own forum.  The thing I don't get is why Round Earthers stay around here when they don't believe, and have no proof against a Flat Earth.

You can't figure out why we like hanging around these forums? It's because it's hilarious!

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2006, 04:29:25 PM »
The thing I don't get is why Round Earthers stay around here when they don't believe, and have no proof against a Flat Earth

Because your people are so fun when your talking about ice walls and millions of guards living on a platform on the other side of earth:P

But when you Fe'ers begins to say that the world is flat we need to see some evidence? Do you have anything that actually can proof the world somehow could be flat?

And no dont answer with something about my grammar, my sexsual orentation, skin colour, my mom, my mind or any other personal things...

And dont tell me to come up with my evidence first, because its you who claims something controversial not me ...

Any evidence?

?

GeoGuy

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2006, 04:36:03 PM »
As I have said more times than I care to count, read Samuel Rowbotham's "Earth not a Globe" for evidence of a FE. A link to which can be found in the FAQ.

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2006, 04:41:52 PM »
yeah i already did... but i didnt found anything valueable, anyone who is able to pinpoint it for me?

?

GeoGuy

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2006, 04:45:51 PM »
This, the entire book is a collection of proofs for a FE. How is it you were able to read the whole thing yet find nothing valuable?

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2006, 04:46:53 PM »
i dont know? maybe im stupid, but cant you at least try to pinpoint the best proofs for the flat world?

?

GeoGuy

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2006, 04:53:13 PM »
Here's the first.

And the second.

Here's the third

A complete list of the experiments performed can be found here, in the index of the book. These are just a few of the many presented.

And here is the explanation for why a ship's hull might appear to sink before the mast.

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2006, 05:31:18 AM »
Quote from: "GeoGuy"
Here's the first.

And the second.

Here's the third

Did you every do this experiments by YOURSELF? And how do you know that they really prove that the world is flat? (I have to admit that I didn't waste my time dealing with them for a long time, because the experiments obviously weren't able to convince any scientist.) Do you just rely on what is written there?

And: 'sacred texts'?  :lol:

And here is the explanation for why a ship's hull might appear to sink before the mast.

Where's the explanation?
eel free to correct my language, thanks.

But if there aren't arguments there is ... THE CONSPIRACY! That's a practical little thing...

"In the grand scheme of things, those with the prettiest pictures will win." (Seriously)

TheEngineer

• Planar Moderator
  • GPS does not require satellites.
Why doing it this way?
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2006, 07:10:07 AM »
Quote from: "Yeah, sure..."

Did you every do this experiments by YOURSELF? And how do you know that they really prove that the world is flat? (I have to admit that I didn't waste my time dealing with them for a long time, because the experiments obviously weren't able to convince any scientist.) Do you just rely on what is written there?

The same thing can be said of you and the RE.  Did you do any experiments that show the earth to be round yourself?  How do you know that they really prove the earth to be round?  Do you just rely on what other people tell you and what you read in books?

"I haven't been wrong since 1961, when I thought I made a mistake."
        -- Bob Hudson

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2006, 08:03:32 AM »
As I have said more times than I care to count, read Samuel Rowbotham's "Earth not a Globe" for evidence of a FE. A link to which can be found in the FAQ.

I fail to see how anything in there qualifies as proof. Reading it actually makes FE LESS beleivable.

And isn't it a strange coincidence that his experiment failed as soon as there was another person present to observe it?

By your logic, as you have to do is read a book about NASA's exploration to have "proof" of RE.
atttttttup was right when he said joseph bloom is right, The Engineer is a douchebag.

Why doing it this way?
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2006, 08:19:33 AM »
Quote from: "TheEngineer"
Quote from: "Yeah, sure..."

The same thing can be said of you and the RE.  Did you do any experiments that show the earth to be round yourself?  How do you know that they really prove the earth to be round?  Do you just rely on what other people tell you and what you read in books?

Not really. You FE just have (in that case) one man's word. Whereas we RE's have oodles. And we don't believe that there is a giant conspiracy. But if I were paranoid like the FE's I wouldn't believe someone who writes that the did an experiment.
eel free to correct my language, thanks.

But if there aren't arguments there is ... THE CONSPIRACY! That's a practical little thing...

"In the grand scheme of things, those with the prettiest pictures will win." (Seriously)