Disproof of gravity

• 1389 Replies

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
Re: Disproof of gravity
« Reply #300 on: July 07, 2015, 07:03:06 AM »
Ok, I watched the video several times over there.  I still see no "trickery".  The only reason you parrot the same old crap about conspiracy, is that you get a rise out of someone arguing with you.  I see you have enough brain cells to form sentences, therefore you do not believe the crap you spout.  Seriously, looking at your "theories" shows very limited thinking and a refusal to accept anything that would disprove it.  It's like arguing with a 2 year old kid.  So don't give me the crap that you think for yourself, as it is clear to anyone that has ever read anything you have said that you are not a researcher, a thinker, or anything other than another sad little troll thinking you are getting under someones skin.  You sir do not matter in the grand scheme of things, stop thinking you do and maybe go out and do something to be more involved.

Pretty much sums up what I think of scepti at this point,  I tried to push him gently in the right direction,  but  the conspiracy blinkers come down and his brain goes into some weird reality distort mode. 

Someone on here said it perfectly when they said,  trying to talk to scepti  is  like playing chess with a pigeon,  they strut about, knocking pieces over,  then squawk  a bit,   crap all over the board and fly off to the roost claiming victory.
Stop playing chess with pigeons and play real people. It might help you to think.

Stop acting like a pigeon and start acting like a real person,  not a conspiracy zombie.
Stop acting like a wax work dummy at the chess board and start playing the game of chess.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #301 on: July 07, 2015, 07:04:27 AM »
Ok, I watched the video several times over there.  I still see no "trickery".  The only reason you parrot the same old crap about conspiracy, is that you get a rise out of someone arguing with you.  I see you have enough brain cells to form sentences, therefore you do not believe the crap you spout.  Seriously, looking at your "theories" shows very limited thinking and a refusal to accept anything that would disprove it.  It's like arguing with a 2 year old kid.  So don't give me the crap that you think for yourself, as it is clear to anyone that has ever read anything you have said that you are not a researcher, a thinker, or anything other than another sad little troll thinking you are getting under someones skin.  You sir do not matter in the grand scheme of things, stop thinking you do and maybe go out and do something to be more involved.

Pretty much sums up what I think of scepti at this point,  I tried to push him gently in the right direction,  but  the conspiracy blinkers come down and his brain goes into some weird reality distort mode. 

Someone on here said it perfectly when they said,  trying to talk to scepti  is  like playing chess with a pigeon,  they strut about, knocking pieces over,  then squawk  a bit,   crap all over the board and fly off to the roost claiming victory.
Stop playing chess with pigeons and play real people. It might help you to think.
Take your defeat like a man and just move on.
When one of you manages to do it I will move one. Until then I'll educate people on reality against the lies that people like you spew.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #302 on: July 07, 2015, 07:28:05 AM »

When one of you manages to do it I will move one.
You denying you lost, over and over and over and over, does not make you the winner.
Until then I'll educate people on reality against the lies that people like you spew.
You got anything more than "possible" assertion that we are liars and you are telling the truth?  You know, why don't you show the results of your ice lake experiment, show us progress on your scale model of the ice dome you have been working on, anything.  Why should we do a bunch of leg work, just for you to spout off with a rant about how we are liars and what we are showing you is fake?  Why don't you support some of your claims first?

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #303 on: July 07, 2015, 07:30:44 AM »

When one of you manages to do it I will move one. Until then I'll educate people on reality against the lies that people like you spew.

Ok,  last chance.   Why do objects of different mass fall at the same rate of acceleration in a vacuum.    And don't say they don't unless you can prove it.    Your move.

Stop gilding the pickle, you demisexual aromantic homoflexible snowflake.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #304 on: July 07, 2015, 07:35:35 AM »

When one of you manages to do it I will move one.
You denying you lost, over and over and over and over, does not make you the winner.
Until then I'll educate people on reality against the lies that people like you spew.
You got anything more than "possible" assertion that we are liars and you are telling the truth?  You know, why don't you show the results of your ice lake experiment, show us progress on your scale model of the ice dome you have been working on, anything.  Why should we do a bunch of leg work, just for you to spout off with a rant about how we are liars and what we are showing you is fake?  Why don't you support some of your claims first?
Get this into your numb meat head.

I don't care what you or your silly global mates think of me or what I say. My stuff is there for those who have a brain and are willing to logically look at all this stuff to make their own minds up.
You people jumping in is a minor hindrance and I deal with you  people as and when I feel the need with whatever I feel you deserve at the time.

I don't talk serious with dunces like you for crying out loud. Dogs have better understanding of small commands than people like you do of actually understanding one small piece of logic. You'll probably jump right in and ask what logic next.  ;D

Seriously you're as thick as crap. Off you pop and deal with your little global mates. You can pat each other on the back as many times as you feel the need.

Denpressure is gravity. It's 100% proven and people will eventually take notice once they actually realise how duped they've been.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #305 on: July 07, 2015, 07:38:27 AM »

Ok,  last chance.   Why do objects of different mass fall at the same rate of acceleration in a vacuum.    And don't say they don't unless you can prove it.    Your move.
There's no chamber big enough to evacuate enough air to to prove your case. 10 feet or 20 feet is hardly enough height to verify anything. Now go to the top of a sky scraper and do it and you'll see that your theory you stand by, is bullshit.

Why hasn't it been done?....because to do it will destroy the illusion. Over to you.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #306 on: July 07, 2015, 07:46:51 AM »

There's no chamber big enough to evacuate enough air to to prove your case. 10 feet or 20 feet is hardly enough height to verify anything. Now go to the top of a sky scraper and do it and you'll see that your theory you stand by, is bullshit.

Why hasn't it been done?....because to do it will destroy the illusion. Over to you.

Well there's the squawk and knocking a few pieces over..      So let's try some other basic questions. 

1. Why do objects of different mass fall at the same rate of acceleration in a vacuum?  ( For heights up to 60 ft )
2. What is the difference between mass and weight?
3. Why does it take more force to accelerate a greater mass?
4. Have you ever heard of the Cavendish Experiment?

Your move.

?

hoyhoy5

• Irrational disbelief is not critically thinking.
« Reply #307 on: July 07, 2015, 07:51:57 AM »
Well, it seems my comment has been effectively and purposely ignored by the FE'ers. So much for trying.
When in doubt, remember RELM:
Rationality, Evidence, Logic and Math.

« Reply #308 on: July 07, 2015, 08:06:11 AM »
Heh, nailed.
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #309 on: July 07, 2015, 08:13:32 AM »
1. Why do objects of different mass fall at the same rate of acceleration in a vacuum?  ( For heights up to 60 ft )
The simple answer is, they don't in mos cases. Sometimes they will depending on the masses involved, such as a bowling ball and a cannon ball may fall roughly the same but that's because they are dense enough to overcome air resistance more easily.
As for 60 feet in a vacuum. It's never been done.
Mass is a grouping of matter into any shape and weight is the measurement of matter that is grouped into whatever shape.
It takes more force to accelerate a greater mass because there's a greater resistance on that mass. Meaning he mass is resisting more atmospheric pressure so it takes more energy to move into that resistance.

Your move.
Yes I've heard of the Cavendish experiment and it's nonsense. It's another Foucault's pendulum scam. A slow moving piece of dog crap designed to fool people into believing fantasy.

Your move.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #310 on: July 07, 2015, 08:22:29 AM »
The simple answer is, they don't in mos cases. Sometimes they will depending on the masses involved, such as a bowling ball and a cannon ball may fall roughly the same but that's because they are dense enough to overcome air resistance more easily.
Mass is a grouping of matter into any shape and weight is the measurement of matter that is grouped into whatever shape.
It takes more force to accelerate a greater mass because there's a greater resistance on that mass. Meaning he mass is resisting more atmospheric pressure so it takes more energy to move into that resistance.

Your move.
Yes I've heard of the Cavendish experiment and it's nonsense. It's another Foucault's pendulum scam. A slow moving piece of dog crap designed to fool people into believing fantasy.

Your move.

If we use the materials aerogel(Near air density) and steel (Much denser than air, much denser), then we should be able to see the difference in a 10 feet drop in a vacuum chamber. If you say that they do not fall/accelerate at the same rate, bring us proof.
Math is the language of the universe.

The inability to explain something is not proof of something else.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

« Reply #311 on: July 07, 2015, 08:26:29 AM »
Quote from: mikeman7918
a single photon can pass through two sluts

Quote from: Chicken Fried Clucker
if Donald Trump stuck his penis in me after trying on clothes I would have that date and time burned in my head.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #312 on: July 07, 2015, 08:27:09 AM »
OK, then why does thsi happen, in a vacuum chamber that is 120ft tall? In a near perfect vacuum?  Why doesn't the air pressure cause the less dense object to fall slower?
" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:34:55 AM by BJ1234 »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #313 on: July 07, 2015, 08:28:00 AM »

Your move.

Your move.

If we use the materials aerogel(Near air density) and steel (Much denser than air, much denser), then we should be able to see the difference in a 10 feet drop in a vacuum chamber. If you say that they do not fall/accelerate at the same rate, bring us proof.
Hire a 10 foot vacuum chamber and bring it over, then we'll both perform the experiment. Deal?

?

hoyhoy5

« Reply #314 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:05 AM »

Your move.

Your move.

Wrong.

An experiment involving a vacuum and dropping both a bowling ball and a feather has already been done. Guess the results? Both fell at the same rate and reached the ground at the same time.

Your answer on why it takes more force in order to change the momentum in a massive object is not valid because it also works in a vacuum, where there is no atmospheric pressure and air resistance. 

Mass is a property of matter given by the Higgs Field. And how exactly would you measure that mass grouped in whatever shape? Based on what force? Weight as we know it is measured acording to the gravitational attraction it suffers from the earth. Weight would have no meaning if gravity didn't exist.

Mikey T.

« Reply #315 on: July 07, 2015, 08:30:35 AM »
That was not a move, that was more taking a crap on the board scepti, please say something that actually addresses things rather than saying it doesn't.  Again your only response is to say the test is invalid, with no reason, and suggest something that can't currently be tested.  If such a chamber the size of a skyscraper were ever built and the test again showed the same thing, you would again change the parameters of the test.  You think you are moving the goal posts in a way to ensure victory, yet you haven't gotten off of the sidelines to play yet.  The scoreboard has broken because the points against you are so high and you still sit with zero refusing to compete.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #316 on: July 07, 2015, 08:31:33 AM »

Your move.

Your move.

You score zero out of  4 so far,  but you have a chance.

1.   The Brian Cox video was a drop in vacuum from  >  60'  of a bowling ball, and feathers, and showed they fell at the same rate.    Since you dispute the result, where is your evidence that they fall at different rates?

2.  You seem to be saying that mass and weight are the same thing, is that your contention?

3.  If what you say is true then why does it take the same force to accelerate an object  in a vacuum as it does in air?   If you disagree show your evidence.

4.  You seem unaware that the Cavendish experiment was about density of the earth.   Knowing that do you still think it's nonsense?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:36:09 AM by Rayzor »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #317 on: July 07, 2015, 08:32:24 AM »
OK, then why does thsi happen, in a vacuum chamber that is 120ft tall? In a near perfect vacuum?  Why doesn't the air pressure cause the less dense object to fall slower?
[/quote]Air resistance caused the feather's to fall slower, right?
What more proof do you need?

The next experiment  in a supposed vacuum was bullshit and is clear to see.

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #318 on: July 07, 2015, 08:37:41 AM »

Your move.

Your move.

Hire a 10 foot vacuum chamber and bring it over, then we'll both perform the experiment. Deal?

I won't hire anything for you, you have to get the proof yourself. I'm pretty sure you won't even need a 10 foot chamber, especially if you film it with a camera. See if any university near you has a vacuum chamber you can lend for the test, and use a camera to film the whole experiment, then upload it. Think of the fame you'd get if you were right.

We don't speak for reality - we only observe it. An observation can have any cause, but it is still no more than just an observation.

When in doubt; sources!

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #319 on: July 07, 2015, 08:38:13 AM »
An experiment involving a vacuum and dropping both a bowling ball and a feather has already been done. Guess the results? Both fell at the same rate and reached the ground at the same time.
Read back to what I said about this scam. Stop being so naive.
Your answer on why it takes more force in order to change the momentum in a massive object is not valid because it also works in a vacuum, where there is no atmospheric pressure and air resistance. 
Again, stop being so naive. You're told about this vacuum and you have no clue about the reality of it.
Mass is a property of matter given by the Higgs Field. And how exactly would you measure that mass grouped in whatever shape? Based on what force? Weight as we know it is measured acording to the gravitational attraction it suffers from the earth.
Weight is simply a measurement of mass that man numbered to give meaning on a scale. Take away the scale and weight does not exist.

Weight would have no meaning if gravity didn't exist.
Weight would have no meaning if man made scales weren't invented. Simple as that. Nothing to do with fictional gravity.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #320 on: July 07, 2015, 08:40:23 AM »
That was not a move, that was more taking a crap on the board scepti, please say something that actually addresses things rather than saying it doesn't.  Again your only response is to say the test is invalid, with no reason, and suggest something that can't currently be tested.  If such a chamber the size of a skyscraper were ever built and the test again showed the same thing, you would again change the parameters of the test.  You think you are moving the goal posts in a way to ensure victory, yet you haven't gotten off of the sidelines to play yet.  The scoreboard has broken because the points against you are so high and you still sit with zero refusing to compete.
If we both keep crapping on the board we won't see the squares to play the game. Over to you.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #321 on: July 07, 2015, 08:41:09 AM »
Air resistance caused the feather's to fall slower, right?
Yes, outside the vacuum chamber, air resistance causes the feather to fall slower, just as predicted.

Why?  Because it goes against everything you spout out and destroys denpressure?  Where is your evidence that the experiment is bullshit?  Burden of proof is on you.  Incredulity is not a valid argument.

I am also going to play your game of semantics, the video never claimed it was a perfect vacuum, they said it was a near perfect vacuum.  So don't pull out your bull shit of "There is no such thing as a vacuum"
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 08:44:06 AM by BJ1234 »

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #322 on: July 07, 2015, 08:48:37 AM »

1.   The Brian Cox video was a drop in vacuum from  >  60'  of a bowling ball, and feathers, and showed they fell at the same rate.    Since you dispute the result, where is your evidence that they fall at different rates?
My evidence is the feather's used in the supposed vacuum and also the usage of slow motion. The feather's were changed, You know this and so does anyone with a brain. The slow motion was to hide the truth.
2.  You seem to be saying that mass and weight are the same thing, is that your contention?
mass is grouped matter in any form or shape. Weight is the measurement of that matter by usage of a numbered man made scale. No scale and no weight.
3.  If what you say is true then why does it take the same force to accelerate an object  in a vacuum as it does in air?   If you disagree show your evidence.
Have you ever accelerated an object in a vacuum as opposed to in air? if so, what was the force reading?
4.  You seem unaware that the Cavendish experiment was about density of the earth.   Knowing that do you still think it's nonsense?
The Cavendish experiment may be a real thing but it does not prove gravity at all. Mass attracting mass over a long period of time and it's called gravitational attraction. Come on, it's bollocks.
Don;t mention it again. It's bollocks and weak as piss as an argument by you people.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #323 on: July 07, 2015, 08:56:51 AM »

Your move.

Your move.

I won't hire anything for you, you have to get the proof yourself. I'm pretty sure you won't even need a 10 foot chamber, especially if you film it with a camera. See if any university near you has a vacuum chamber you can lend for the test, and use a camera to film the whole experiment, then upload it. Think of the fame you'd get if you were right.
I'm not after fame. I couldn't give a shit about any of it. The world will be here long after I've gone and the bullshit will be heaped upon the populace just as much, if not more, when I'm gone.

What you accept or deny is down to you - not me. I don't care - seriously - what you think or believe, because ultimately your peace of mind will be found by your own means and if that means you believe everything you're told, then don't frequent places like this. It will work against your mind.

I'm trying to help you. If your mind is so made up that your only course of action is to believe you are getting somewhere by adding a force against my cart so I can't push, then you have to keep up that force and eventually it will wear you down and you will tire and get irritated, then you will start to question why you tried to push against me, because now you're in a dilemma. If you slack off, you know I will push that cart forwards and roll over you, leaving you to dust yourself down and either disappear - take your place further back for another go - or start to wonder if aiding in the push with me might get you to a place that you didn't think existed.

Either way is fine with me.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #324 on: July 07, 2015, 09:00:53 AM »
Air resistance caused the feather's to fall slower, right?
Yes, outside the vacuum chamber, air resistance causes the feather to fall slower, just as predicted.

Why?  Because it goes against everything you spout out and destroys denpressure?  Where is your evidence that the experiment is bullshit?  Burden of proof is on you.  Incredulity is not a valid argument.

I am also going to play your game of semantics, the video never claimed it was a perfect vacuum, they said it was a near perfect vacuum.  So don't pull out your bull shit of "There is no such thing as a vacuum"
How many square inches would you say the inside of that supposed vacuum chamber is?
A rough guess, you don't have to be accurate.

?

BJ1234

« Reply #325 on: July 07, 2015, 09:03:00 AM »

My evidence is the feather's used in the supposed vacuum and also the usage of slow motion. The feather's were changed, You know this and so does anyone with a brain. The slow motion was to hide the truth.
You have evidence that the feathers are changed? Because the orientation of the feathers are different? Also, how does slow motion create the illusion that the feather falls at the same speed as the bowling ball?
Once again, incredulity and assertion are not valid arguments.

Rayzor

• Looking for Occam
« Reply #326 on: July 07, 2015, 09:04:26 AM »

mass is grouped matter in any form or shape. Weight is the measurement of that matter by usage of a numbered man made scale. No scale and no weight.
Have you ever accelerated an object in a vacuum as opposed to in air? if so, what was the force reading?
The Cavendish experiment may be a real thing but it does not prove gravity at all. Mass attracting mass over a long period of time and it's called gravitational attraction. Come on, it's bollocks.
Don;t mention it again. It's bollocks and weak as piss as an argument by you people.

1. Where is your evidence that objects of different mass fall at different accelerations in a vacuum?   if you don't have any evidence you can't claim that as a fact.
2. If you contend that weight is related somehow to mass, what it the relationship,  Or put it another way how do scales work?
3. What is the relationship of force to acceleration and mass.   More mass requires more force doesn't it.  More force on the same mass gives more acceleration,  Do you agree?
4. Cavendish measured the gravitational constant,  which proves gravitational attraction,   if you disagree you need to do more than just call it bollocks. 

Just to warn you about mass and weight,  you are walking into a trap.   Think carefully before you answer Q2.

?

hoyhoy5

« Reply #327 on: July 07, 2015, 09:08:21 AM »
Read back to what I said about this scam. Stop being so naive.
Again, stop being so naive. You're told about this vacuum and you have no clue about the reality of it.
Mass is a property of matter given by the Higgs Field. And how exactly would you measure that mass grouped in whatever shape? Based on what force? Weight as we know it is measured acording to the gravitational attraction it suffers from the earth.
Weight is simply a measurement of mass that man numbered to give meaning on a scale. Take away the scale and weight does not exist.

Weight would have no meaning if gravity didn't exist.
Weight would have no meaning if man made scales weren't invented. Simple as that. Nothing to do with fictional gravity.

I, here, officialy declare that I am done argueing with you in this thread.

Any evidence that we present is claimed false by you, without any ceremony. All is part of the great conspiracy, apparently, even the mathematics and physics.

You make up arguments on the spot, hoping for them to fit in your non-sensical theory that fails to explain simple phenomenons.

Nothing, even clear evidence can convince you because you find yourself so stuck in this blind and desperate fanaticism for a flawed "truth".

No matter how many experiments are done, no matter how much wrong your theories are, you will always claim that our evidence is a setup, CGI or rigged, and will promptly modify your theory in anyway possible.

An example was just made clear by you: we showed evidence that a feather and a bowling ball fall at the same rate in a vacuum, and not only you claimed that it was false, but you denyed the very existence of vacuum.

Your main argumentation to FET is not showing how it explains the phenomenons we see everyday, but accusing us all for being blind to a greater "truth", apparently exclusive to you.

Perhaps solipsism is a more fitting ideology for you to follow. Check it out.

sceptimatic

• Flat Earth Scientist
« Reply #328 on: July 07, 2015, 09:10:15 AM »

You have evidence that the feathers are changed? Because the orientation of the feathers are different? Also, how does slow motion create the illusion that the feather falls at the same speed as the bowling ball?
Are you serious?  ;D
Do you know how films are made?

Let's make a film about a bowling ball and feather's. You're the film maker and you goal is to make the feather's fall the same as the bowling ball. Who do you call?

Your modelling department to make you the feather's so they fall with the bowling ball. Metal quills or whatever it takes to achieve it.
Not hard to do, is it?

?

Master_Evar

• Well rounded character
« Reply #329 on: July 07, 2015, 09:14:34 AM »

Are you serious?  ;D
Do you know how films are made?

Let's make a film about a bowling ball and feather's. You're the film maker and you goal is to make the feather's fall the same as the bowling ball. Who do you call?

Your modelling department to make you the feather's so they fall with the bowling ball. Metal quills or whatever it takes to achieve it.
Not hard to do, is it?

But you saw the feathers before the vacuum-test, and there they fell at a slower rate than the bowling ball.

When in doubt; sources!