2! is still two.

1x2=2
"My breasts are small and humble so you don't confuse them with mountains"

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: What about the Dinosuars?
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2009, 11:30:13 AM »
Hundreds of dinosaur species are known from a single specimen only, or even partial specimens. By the standards of dinosaur archaeology, two complete specimens is plentiful.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #152 on: June 02, 2009, 12:02:48 PM »
Putting aside the dismissal of all KillaBee's arguments, something not worth boasting about, this thread is still a massive victory for FET.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

Rogherio

• Me gusta las gambas.
« Reply #153 on: June 02, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »
*forum high five*

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
« Reply #154 on: June 02, 2009, 01:14:42 PM »
Putting aside the dismissal of all KillaBee's arguments, something not worth boasting about, this thread is still a massive victory for FET.

No it's not. Dogplatter has not presented any evidence for his claims.

« Reply #155 on: June 02, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »

"We will not agree to anything until its generally denied."

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #156 on: June 02, 2009, 01:25:57 PM »

Yes he has. Everything he has said is based on fossil records that are well established. His claims are based on existing evidence, so he doesn't need to provide anything new. You Re'ers have yet to provide any evidence that contradicts his interpretation. Ball's in your court!
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

svenanders

• I'm always right. If you disagree, you're wrong.
« Reply #157 on: June 02, 2009, 01:37:34 PM »

Yes he has. Everything he has said is based on fossil records that are well established. His claims are based on existing evidence, so he doesn't need to provide anything new. You Re'ers have yet to provide any evidence that contradicts his interpretation. Ball's in your court!

Where did he provide evidence that dinosaurs built boats?

Rogherio

• Me gusta las gambas.
« Reply #158 on: June 02, 2009, 04:15:04 PM »
There would be no remains of the boats after so many millions of years. The dinosaurs would have the comprehension and intelligence to built the boats, and the fossil studies provide evidence that they must have moved from one continent to another. Given that Pangea never occurred, how else would they have traveled from america to Asia etc?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #159 on: June 02, 2009, 07:43:33 PM »
There would be no remains of the boats after so many millions of years. The dinosaurs would have the comprehension and intelligence to built the boats, and the fossil studies provide evidence that they must have moved from one continent to another. Given that Pangea never occurred, how else would they have traveled from america to Asia etc?

If dinosaur remains can be found after all those millions of years, why couldn't their boat remains exist?
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• Flat Earth TheFLAMETHROWER!
  • The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #160 on: June 02, 2009, 07:47:06 PM »

If dinosaur remains can be found after all those millions of years, why couldn't their boat remains exist?

I think the appropriate question is, why would we expect their boat remains to exist?  We have mere fragments of relics from ancient human societies that are only thousands of years old.  How could you possibly expect such relics to last for millions?
Where did you educate the biology, in toulet?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #161 on: June 02, 2009, 07:54:27 PM »

I think the appropriate question is, why would we expect their boat remains to exist?  We have mere fragments of relics from ancient human societies that are only thousands of years old.  How could you possibly expect such relics to last for millions?

For the same reason that dinosaur remains exist.  Fossilization.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #162 on: June 02, 2009, 08:04:28 PM »

What exactly would you expect to find?

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #163 on: June 02, 2009, 08:44:21 PM »

What exactly would you expect to find?

I don't know.  Maybe evidence that dinosaurs really did build boats?

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #164 on: June 02, 2009, 08:49:17 PM »
I don't know.  Maybe evidence that dinosaurs really did build boats?

How would a wooden boat sunken in seawater fossilize into rock?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:52:00 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #165 on: June 02, 2009, 08:52:37 PM »
I don't know.  Maybe evidence that dinosaurs really did build boats?

How would a wooden boat sunken in seawater fossilize?

The same way that dinosaurs fossilize.  Minerals in the sediment replacing the organic materials.

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #166 on: June 02, 2009, 08:54:40 PM »
The same way that dinosaurs fossilize.  Minerals in the sediment replacing the organic materials.

How would that happen to a wooden boat sunken at the bottom of the sea?

It would corrode into oblivion by the sea water long before it got covered by dirt and sediment.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:57:40 PM by Tom Bishop »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #167 on: June 02, 2009, 09:09:09 PM »
The same way that dinosaurs fossilize.  Minerals in the sediment replacing the organic materials.

How would that happen to a wooden boat sunken at the bottom of the sea?

It would corrode into oblivion by the sea water long before it got covered by dirt and sediment.

OK Tom, pick your favorite response:

1: So you're saying that there is no physical evidence to support Dogplatter's theory?  Who's side are you on?

2:  Organic materials don't corrode, they decay.  Are you suggesting that dinosaurs mastered metallurgy as well as boat building?

3:  Not if there was a storm that stirred up the sediment as the boat sank.  Fossils of any significant size are pretty rare anyways so I really wouldn't expect many dino boats to survive the process.  However, if dinos did build enough boats to facilitate large scale migration, then it would not be unreasonable to expect to find an example eventually.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #168 on: June 03, 2009, 01:09:10 AM »
How many dinosaur fossils have been found in total, compared with the number of dinosaurs that actually existed?

Just for illustrative purposes, if we estimate that 10000 specimens have been found in total (it's probably far fewer), compared with the number of total dinosaurs which ever existed (if for the sake of argument we estimate that maybe on average a million individual dinosaurs were born each year - it's probably many times more than that, but you can alter the numbers however you want if you feel there were fewer or more dinosaurs - the result will still illustrate my point), over the 160 million years in which dinosaurs covered the Earth.

These numbers would result in 160000000000000 dinosaurs ever existing (this seems pretty conservative as an estimate really) which would mean that 1/16000000000 dinosaurs which existed have been found. 0.00000000625% of the dinosaurs which existed have actually fossilised and been discovered if these numbers are anywhere near accurate.

By the same token, if fewer than 16000000000 boats were built by the dinosaurs, we would be lucky to find a single specimen, even if bone and wood had equivalent candidacy for fossilisation (they don't quite, though both can become fossilised). Of course, the dinosaurs would have built far fewer than 16000000000 boats.

If anybody has any disagreement with these figures and processes, provide me with new variables. If you believe that either of the following:

Total number of dinosaur specimens discovered by humanity
    Total number of dinosaurs, on average, born every year during the 160 million years in which they existed

ought to be different, please provide your own variables. I assure you that any reasonable estimates will yield the result that a miniscule percentage of the total dinosaurs which have existed have actually been found, and that the same would be true of the boats they built.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #169 on: June 03, 2009, 04:59:22 AM »

Hmm this looks like it's going to be a whole heap of baseless speculation.... yep...

I have explicitly invited you to provide your own figures if you think mine are inaccurate! LOOK!

If anybody has any disagreement with these figures and processes, provide me with new variables. If you believe that either of the following:

Total number of dinosaur specimens discovered by humanity
    Total number of dinosaurs, on average, born every year during the 160 million years in which they existed

ought to be different, please provide your own variables. I assure you that any reasonable estimates will yield the result that a miniscule percentage of the total dinosaurs which have existed have actually been found, and that the same would be true of the boats they built.

So go on! Give me YOUR figures, and we'll perform the same operations. I'm happy to hear your estimates for how many dinosaur fossils have been found and how many dinosaurs existed in total. I want to hear these. Post them. Then we can both be in no doubt as to the result!

Rogherio

• Me gusta las gambas.
« Reply #170 on: June 03, 2009, 05:24:35 AM »
The boy is obviously too incompetent to carry out his own mathematics. He doesn't seem to what 2 factorial is.

Unless;

2! is still two.

1x2=2

lrn2c++

Has some ridiculous hidden meaning inside a spelling mistake?  Because I'm pretty sure we were talking about maths... not computer programming? If you were talking about computer programming then it seems pretty out of context from the debate in hand? Unless you were suggesting that the dinosaurs had the capacity to design semiconducting materials, build computers and then write programs in c++?

Even I think that's absurd.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #171 on: June 03, 2009, 06:12:12 AM »
You say my figures about how many dinosaurs existed, and how many were found, are wrong - they might be! That is why I want you to provide your own estimates! Please, provide them, I am 100% serious, there is no trick going on here. I earnestly want you to estimate the number of dinosaurs which existed, versus the number found, so that we can calculate the probability of finding an individual fossil of a boat. Give me your estimates!

Rogherio

• Me gusta las gambas.
« Reply #172 on: June 03, 2009, 06:13:58 AM »
All calculations and statistics are based upon assumptions. Especially in the form of crude science such as archaeology.

Rogherio

• Me gusta las gambas.
« Reply #173 on: June 03, 2009, 10:48:30 AM »
All calculations and statistics are based upon assumptions. Especially in the form of crude science such as archaeology.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #174 on: June 03, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »
You have no evidence that dinosaurs built boats. All the made up statistics in the world can't save you from that fact.

Wrong.  The distribution of species across continents is clear evidence that dinosaurs built boats.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #175 on: June 03, 2009, 11:16:48 AM »
You have no evidence that dinosaurs built boats. All the made up statistics in the world can't save you from that fact.

Wrong.  The distribution of species across continents is clear evidence that dinosaurs built boats.

No. It's clear evidence of species distribution across continents.

Which raises the question of why that should be the case.  Dinosaurs breeding these species and carrying them across seas is a perfectly valid hypothesis for that question.

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #176 on: June 03, 2009, 12:12:27 PM »
Dinosaurs breeding these species and carrying them across seas is a perfectly valid hypothesis for that question.

No it's not.

Plate movement and species evolution is a perfectly valid hypothesis. There's evidence for both.

Dinosaurs breeding these species and carrying them across seas is an invalid hypothesis. There's no evidence for such.

What evidence is there that all the continents were once joined together, then ripped apart, besides the distribution of species across continents?

« Reply #177 on: June 03, 2009, 12:14:20 PM »
Dinosaurs breeding these species and carrying them across seas is a perfectly valid hypothesis for that question.

No it's not.

Plate movement and species evolution is a perfectly valid hypothesis. There's evidence for both.

Dinosaurs breeding these species and carrying them across seas is an invalid hypothesis. There's no evidence for such.

What evidence is there that all the continents were once joined together, then ripped apart, besides the distribution of species across continents?

similar "scarring" (lack of a better word) from glaciers.  Also, the fact that south america and africa fit so well.  But you are right, its not necessarily a fact that all of them were connected simultaneously at one point.  It is just a theory.

Im not 100% sure, but im pretty sure that there is evidence of continental drift occuring right now.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 12:16:14 PM by brathearon »

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #178 on: June 03, 2009, 12:37:17 PM »

No it's not.

Umm...  Plate tectonics and continental drift?

Roundy the Truthinessist

• The Elder Ones
  • I'm the boss.
« Reply #179 on: June 03, 2009, 12:57:24 PM »

No it's not.

Umm...  Plate tectonics and continental drift?

I don't see how plate tectonics and continental drift so readily lead to the conclusion that the continents were once joined together and then ripped apart.  That's really reaching.

http://tinyurl.com/os7ktx

It's not hard.

If you can't explain it yourself what puts you in such a position to speak of it as fact?