Who or what created this "flat" earth and how and why?

• 58 Replies

Luke 22:35-38

• The earth is a globe, DUH! prove its not
Re: Who or what created this "flat" earth and how and why?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2015, 06:41:38 PM »
GOD who's name is Great. The eternal one. Has created it.
HE created it to raise a family to Himself.
You do not need to seek HIM if you choose not to.
The rewards to those who do will be beyond man's ability to comprehend.
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered in the heart of man, the things which
GOD hath prepared for them that love HIM"

I take it that you believe everything in an old dusty book written thousands of years ago, hmm?
Yes I do. And if you read it carefully it doesn't say that the earth is flat. The Bible is the anvil that wore out many hammers.

You mean, if you interpret it the way you want it to interpreted, right?
No I mean if you read it in context.
The Bible doesn't support a flat earth.

Scripture, facts, science, stats, and logic is how I argue.

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2015, 06:50:27 PM »
"Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered in the heart of man, the things which

I take it that you believe everything in an old dusty book written thousands of years ago, hmm?
Yes I do. And if you read it carefully it doesn't say that the earth is flat. The Bible is the anvil that wore out many hammers.

I've seen it interpreted in many different ways.  Are you claiming to be the only person who can interpret the Bible in its true context? 

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2015, 07:09:19 PM »

I've seen it interpreted in many different ways.  Are you claiming to be the only person who can interpret the Bible in its true context?
No, I'm probably wrong on a few things but I think I got it right on a lot of it. Why don't you give scripture showing that the earth is flat?

« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2015, 07:13:52 PM »

Irrelevant. Context > Interpretation. Otherwise, anything could be - well - anything. Therefore, I could say "Flat" in Flat Earth stands for something round.

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2015, 07:24:12 PM »
No, I'm probably wrong on a few things but I think I got it right on a lot of it. Why don't you give scripture showing that the earth is flat?

But, you seemed so sure that you knew the truth a few minutes ago.  Why the change of heart? 

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2015, 07:44:28 PM »

But, you seemed so sure that you knew the truth a few minutes ago.  Why the change of heart?
I'm pretty sure in this case that the Bible does not say that we live in a flat earth. Would you like to give scripture that says otherwise?

Son of Orospu

• Planar Moderator
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2015, 07:58:08 PM »

I'm pretty sure in this case that the Bible does not say that we live in a flat earth. Would you like to give scripture that says otherwise?

Then, why do so many people claim that the Bible does, in many places, say that the Earth is flat?  Could it be because they simply interpreted the Bible differently from your interpretation? 

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2015, 11:43:00 PM »

Then, why do so many people claim that the Bible does, in many places, say that the Earth is flat?  Could it be because they simply interpreted the Bible differently from your interpretation?

Doesn't that say more about the bible than it does about the shape of the earth? Maybe it's not the right tool to determine the shape if the text is up for interpretation ...

JRoweSkeptic

• Flat Earth Believer
  • DET Developer
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2015, 12:57:41 AM »
There is no doubt that Aether exists: without it nothing would be possible. Since the world exists, we know Aether exists. it's that simple.
Leprechauns also exist, otherwise gold wouldn't exist. The problem is that they are all invisible, so we can't see them. But we know they exist because we observe gold to exist.

SCIENCE
Please tell me that you are being sarcastic.

He's a troll so insecure he has to constantly misrepresent DET because he's too pathetic to manage a single honest argument. He's not sarcastic, he's a trolling penguin.

In what way did my statements misrepresent?

I'm not wasting time on you, you pathetic penguin. You can't define aether, and your bullshit about leprechauns is clealry trolling. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU INSECURE FUCKWIT
WHY DO YOU DO THIS?! ARE YOU REALLY THAT DISHONEST THAT YOU CAN'T MANAGE A SINGLE HONEST DISCUSSION?!
http://fet.wikia.com
dualearththeory.proboards.com/
On the sister site if you want to talk.

Frank Lee

• Truth has no agenda. Science does.
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2015, 01:49:17 AM »

This of course is an ongoing discussion. I am convinced the Bible teaches a flat, stationary square plane
with a circle cut into it with, a firmament (vault) above to protect it. It is fixed on pillars and was to be a garden for our creator.
This is the flat earth society which is why I'm here. If you choose to argue a round ball planet it is your right,
but it is unlikely you will convince many here away from the plane concept.
See this compilation and discussion.
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=54310.msg1728488#msg1728488
Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2015, 03:00:59 AM »

This of course is an ongoing discussion. I am convinced the Bible teaches a flat, stationary square plane
with a circle cut into it with, a firmament (vault) above to protect it. It is fixed on pillars and was to be a garden for our creator.
This is the flat earth society which is why I'm here. If you choose to argue a round ball planet it is your right,
http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=54310.msg1728488#msg1728488
Science has moved on and we now know the shape of the earth.

Frank Lee

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2015, 04:31:36 AM »

Oh yes! Science, I forgot.
Science that knows that jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel, yet it took down several
buildings at free fall speed. Even a building not struck or burned.
Science, that holds to a "theory" of evolution and teachs it as fact to our children.
Science, that knows about the Van Allen radiation belts and sends unprotected men through it.?
Science that irradiated our planet by detonating high megaton yield nuclear weapons at the "dome" of our earth. (Operation fishbowl)
Science, that refuses to act on the fukashima nuclear disaster that has three reactors in full meltdown and
burning through the earth in a "China syndrome". Contaminating our world.
Science, fascinating to contemplate. Believe what you will. I find it lacking. It is at best very irresponsible.

Science is religion for people who will not be subject to a supreme Creator. Free choice is love.

TheEarthIsASphere.

• who fucking cares what shape the earth is lol
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2015, 04:41:37 AM »

Science that knows that jet fuel does not burn hot enough to melt steel, yet it took down several
Science, that holds to a "theory" of evolution and teachs it as fact to our children.
Science, that knows about the Van Allen radiation belts and sends unprotected men through it.?
Science that irradiated our planet by detonating high megaton yield nuclear weapons at the "dome" of our earth. (Operation fishbowl)
Science, that refuses to act on the fukashima nuclear disaster that has three reactors in full meltdown and
Science, fascinating to contemplate. Believe what you will. I find it lacking. It is at best very irresponsible.

You are aware of the differences between a theory and a hypothesis, right? I a theory has strong evidence to back it up, and in the case of evolution, mounds of research to back it up as well. On the other hand, the fact that the Earth is 6000 years old, and evolution is a lie is simply just a hypothesis. There's really no other proof other than "the Bible".

Also, the Van Allen Belts are simply a layer of energized particles. With protection, a spacecraft can fly through it.

In addition, while jet fuel can't burn hot enough to melt steel, magnesium, which was used in aircraft body alloys, burns at 3,100 degrees Fahrenheit, while steel melts at about only 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit.

I don't have time to refute your other bullshit points, but you get the idea.
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Frank Lee

« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2015, 04:56:10 AM »

You are aware of the differences between a theory and a hypothesis, right? I a theory has strong evidence to back it up, and in the case of evolution, mounds of research to back it up as well. On the other hand, the fact that the Earth is 6000 years old, and evolution is a lie is simply just a hypothesis. There's really no other proof other than "the Bible".

Also, the Van Allen Belts are simply a layer of energized particles. With protection, a spacecraft can fly through it.

In addition, while jet fuel can't burn hot enough to melt steel, magnesium, which was used in aircraft body alloys, burns at 3,100 degrees Fahrenheit, while steel melts at about only 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit.

You refuted nothing.
You offered BS. That is all.
I don't have time to prove your foolish statements.
Peace.

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2015, 05:06:12 AM »

You refuted nothing.
Peace.

Mhmm, "BS". Why don't you put down your bible and look around you for once? Your religion's "holy book" is acting as a barrier between you and the truth, science.

Every single statement I made above is true. Every. Single. One. And why would know they're false if you don't know squat about science? Hmm?
Quā ratiōne nōn redimus ad senectēs societātēs sapientium patrum? Quā ratiōne relinquimus eārum sapientiam?

Frank Lee

« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2015, 05:14:52 AM »

You refuted nothing.
Peace.

Mhmm, "BS". Why don't you put down your bible and look around you for once? Your religion's "holy book" is acting as a barrier between you and the truth, science.

Every single statement I made above is true. Every. Single. One. And why would know they're false if you don't know squat about science? Hmm?

To think I don't know science is another presumption.
I spent over 50 years in that religion.
Truth has set me free.
I wish you well, sir or madam.

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2015, 05:24:11 AM »
I do not know why God could not have created the earth no matter what the method of creation was. Big Bang, clouds of gases being forced into mass or aether at low concentrations sprinkling dust. Whatever happened it is inconceivable to me that it just happened. God devised it and set it in motion and put all the laws into place that keeps it going. Revelation even says the God created man out of dust. We are made from the same stuff as the earth but how did we spring forth. No one can convince me it was by chance, the scientific explanation is much more far fetched than creation, yet we ridicule it like a fairytale. I don't even see evolution happening, I see de-evolution because humanity is such a dumbass! 
The complete opposite of the way we are living is much closer to the True nature of life on this earth. About Face!

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2015, 05:26:24 AM »

You refuted nothing.
Peace.

To think I don't know science is another presumption.
I spent over 50 years in that religion.
Truth has set me free.
I wish you well, sir or madam.

"Truth". How do you know it's the truth? Do you have physical evidence that anything your religion says is true?

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2015, 05:40:30 AM »
I do not know why God could not have created the earth no matter what the method of creation was. Big Bang, clouds of gases being forced into mass or aether at low concentrations sprinkling dust. Whatever happened it is inconceivable to me that it just happened. God devised it and set it in motion and put all the laws into place that keeps it going. Revelation even says the God created man out of dust. We are made from the same stuff as the earth but how did we spring forth. No one can convince me it was by chance, the scientific explanation is much more far fetched than creation, yet we ridicule it like a fairytale. I don't even see evolution happening, I see de-evolution because humanity is such a dumbass!

Thank you for saying this. There are so many places in the bible that support many scientific theories. For example, take this piece of scripture:

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. - 2 Peter 3:8

For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night. - Psalm 90:4

These verses are essentially saying that time doesn't flow "in sync" with humans for a Christian god. This means that the "6 days of creation" could be millions of years.

Also, take the verse below, probably one of the most recognizable ever:

And God said, "let there be light", and there was light.

Is there a reason this can't mean the Big Bang (aka an explosion of light and energy)? All I'm really trying to say here is that science and religion don't have to disagree everywhere. They can mesh, and work with each other.

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2015, 05:42:02 AM »
[quote author=TheEarthIsRoundNotFlat link=topic=64897.msg1730869#msg1730869 date=
"Truth". How do you know it's the truth? Do you have physical evidence that anything your religion says is true?
[/quote]

Do you know the meaning of the word FAITH. Knowing something with absolute certainty and not being able to prove it.
The complete opposite of the way we are living is much closer to the True nature of life on this earth. About Face!

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2015, 05:53:36 AM »

These verses are essentially saying that time doesn't flow "in sync" with humans for a Christian god. This means that the "6 days of creation" could be millions of years.

Absolutely, 6 days, Bullshit! I am of the understanding that 6 days was mistranslated (as was much of the bible) and the actual meaning is 6 eons. Are you aware of the mayan long calender which states the periods in order and the events which occurred during them, the first period was billions of years and the last a matter of days

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2015, 05:56:27 AM »

Absolutely, 6 days, Bullshit! I am of the understanding that 6 days was mistranslated (as was much of the bible) and the actual meaning is 6 eons. Are you aware of the mayan long calender which states the periods in order and the events which occurred during them, the first period was billions of years and the last a matter of days

Hey, I'm not trying to be rude with the statement I said. Simply trying to said some light on the subject. As far as I can tell, you agree with me, right?

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2015, 06:07:30 AM »
Yes! Sorry, I wasn't snapping at you, I was agreeing with you!

TheEarthIsASphere.

« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2015, 06:10:09 AM »

Cool. That's okay. BTW, if you want to quote someone properly, you can just do it like this:

Code: [Select]
[quote]
Text you're quoting goes here.
[/quote]

« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2015, 06:17:08 AM »

Cool. That's okay. BTW, if you want to quote someone properly, you can just do it like this:

Code: [Select]
[quote]
Text you're quoting goes here.
[/quote]

Thanks! Ive been trying to work that out!

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2015, 09:56:06 AM »
Guys we're getting off topic. Please refer to OP and answer the question.

« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2015, 01:20:18 AM »
Guys we're getting off topic. Please refer to OP and answer the question.

Why were we getting off topic, did it not match your beliefs, I was discussing creation theories, how and why!

Frank Lee

« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2015, 03:04:04 AM »

Thank you for saying this. There are so many places in the bible that support many scientific theories. For example, take this piece of scripture:

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. - 2 Peter 3:8

For a thousand years in your sight are but as yesterday when it is past, or as a watch in the night. - Psalm 90:4

Also, take the verse below, probably one of the most recognizable ever:

And God said, "let there be light", and there was light.

Is there a reason this can't mean the Big Bang (aka an explosion of light and energy)? All I'm really trying to say here is that science and religion don't have to disagree everywhere. They can mesh, and work with each other.

I too agree that I spent many hours relating science to scripture.
I also believe the earth itself is more than 6000 years old, but I do hold it is possible I am wrong.
There may be evidence coming to light that dinosaurs existed with man.
Someday I believe I will know.
My thoughts are that before man fell, and became flesh, he was not subject to time as we know it.
GOD walked in the garden and HE and Adam spoke together.
When the fall happened, GOD came into the garden and said "Adam, where are you?"
Adam said "I heard thy voice in the garden and I was afraid, because I was naked, and hid myself"
GOD had told Adam earlier "The day you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, you will surely die"
"He made for them coats of skins, and clothed them" (In the flesh?)
Adam lived just short of 1000 years. FROM THAT point in time. (A day?)

As for the big bang quote, (Let there be light) I don't think it worked like that.
The earth was already formed, and it started out as a mass of water.
"In the beginning GOD created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void, and darkness was upon the face of the deep.
And the Spirit of GOD moved upon the face of the waters.
And GOD said let there be light, and there was light. And GOD saw the light, that it was good.
And the evening and the morning were the first day"

I agree, this could have been a great length of time.

Either way I hope all know I am just sharing my heart, and not trying to offend anyone or say anyone
who thinks different is dead wrong. We are all growing and just speaking together.
I say that as I feel as if I was harsh before.,

My best to all.

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2015, 04:11:30 AM »
Not one thing you stated do I disagree with Frank, very nicely said too.

The period where darkness was upon the earth is what I consider to be, the first day (eon)
This is the longest day, Billions of years, maybe, the long period of laying the foundation for what was to come.
Light came upon the earth when the sun or the suns source burst into action as a result of the previous processes.
Life appeared quickly on the earth when conditions were suitable, This is known to traditional evolutionists/scientists. The fossil record proves that life arrived very quickly and they cant explain it because traditional evolution is dependent on a slow rise passing through various stages of development. All the days (eons) are markers of stages of development and the latter days are periods of intellectual and spiritual development. The final day of rest is the period when all the work is done and God plays no further part except for the echo of remembrance that remains throughout creation, more available to those that seek the ways of the Creator and our fall from grace early on has distanced us further. We were warned about knowledge and told that we can only speculate about the Truth, the True Reality is beyond us, we should accept that and instead, follow the guidelines we are told to adhere to, most ignored it and the laws of cause and effect changed our very state of being. The fall!

The sequence of creation in Genesis and the Qur'an do not make sense under the Round earth, big bang theory, the sequence is all wrong, but does suit Flat earth theory which fits perfectly. That is evidence helped sway me recently.

Very possible that we existed with dinosaurs, ancient folklore is littered with accounts, and tribal art depicts coexistence. I no longer accept blindly anything from mainstream science, much of it is deception over time, making it appear true.

We have to realize where we are on the time line and the fact that it was always said that it would be like this. We all have the means of navigating back to the source, it is a matter of acceptance or denial of Truth that seals the fate of a soul.

My beliefs on the whole creation thing, no one is right, but some are closer than others. The messengers are our best guide.