Help me Bom Tishop, you're my only hope

• 30 Replies

Bom Tishop

• Official friend boy of the FES!!
Re: Help me Bom Tishop, you're my only hope
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2020, 01:01:19 AM »
Crouton....

First, I would like to say I too have experienced the usefulness of a minivan... I had bought one from a friend that had lost his job during covid and needed out of the payments. My wife and I used it occasionally when we needed to do errands and we both were pissed at how amazingly flexible/useful it really was. Not to mention getting amazing gas mileage at the same time. I ended up selling it quick simply for the inner desire to keep it.

As for your dilemma.... Well first addressing the Tesla... As a vehicle they hold their value better than any car on the market as well as fantastic after sale support (updates etc which is one thing that support they very high resale value), their business model is interesting in the fact of supporting the cars in the road and continuing the attempt to improve them. Completely different than any other manufacturer who makes it where you are supposed to want a new one every 3 years.

As for the part of the expense... Yes I talk shit to annoy people and yes I have some very expensive vehicles, but in reality they did not effect my bottom line much (or I would not have done it). Even something as any of the lambos, Ferraris, the lotus, the vettes etc...I have a lot of equity in them and they are solid investments from either me restoring them or buying them during their slumps before they jump in value. I have only bought two expensive vehicles that were new and depreciated, and I really didn't enjoy that much. The turbo panamera being one that dipshit loves to make fun of. If I bought another brand new vehicle again, it surely would not be something that takes such a large hit from depreciation... No matter your financial standing, that hurts.

Also, I never bought anything expensive until I was in a situation that it had almost zero effect in my general net worth, even if I was buying for a future return. When I was building things earlier in my life I drove pieces of shit and just squinted my eyes thinking of better times ahead with the sacrifice. I have never financed a car, though not hating on those that do, just don't let the payments be much effect on your general monthly well being (just from my advice/opinion...life is much better when you can sleep well at night over having a shiny burden in the garage)

That is my two cents take it for whatever you want out of it...I feel it's pretty sound and I have been in polar opposites of the financial world from homeless and on a friends couch to pretty well off and feel I know the spectrum well. Guess final thoughts, if it doesn't effect your bottom line much and it fits your needs....tesla currently is better than even Honda on depreciation.

Just remember, it's much easier being up and falling down than getting back up. Don't let money burn a hole in your pocket
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 01:07:03 AM by Bom Tishop »
Quote from: Bom Tishop
LordDave is quite alright even for a bleeding heart liberal. Godspeed good sir