War

• 3575 Replies

Tom Bishop

• Flat Earth Believer
Re: War
« Reply #1710 on: August 22, 2022, 10:17:03 PM »
Tom... You do know that the second comming of Jesus and the Rapture will conclude with Satan taking over the Earth, right?
Are you saying we should fight AGAINST God's wishes?

Actually it's just pretty interesting that Russian government is a version of InfoWars and seems to have their government and military philosophy built around the idea that they are fighting against Satanic globalists who are trying to corrupt and harm humanity.

They seem to truly believe it.

https://pravoslavie.ru/88285.html

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1548692871678664710

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-holy-war-ukraine-against-satanic-west-lgbt-commander-1725372

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 10:43:43 PM by Tom Bishop »

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1711 on: August 23, 2022, 12:06:53 AM »
It is bizarre. First it was "We are fighting to destroy the NAZI leanings of Ukraine...". Now it's just the same old-same old Cold War rhetoric of "The West and it's influence is evil". Nothing new there. Except for the swizelling in of an anti-LBGT aspect. That's a new one.

Lorddave

« Reply #1712 on: August 23, 2022, 12:27:20 AM »
Tom... You do know that the second comming of Jesus and the Rapture will conclude with Satan taking over the Earth, right?
Are you saying we should fight AGAINST God's wishes?

Actually it's just pretty interesting that Russian government is a version of InfoWars and seems to have their government and military philosophy built around the idea that they are fighting against Satanic globalists who are trying to corrupt and harm humanity.

They seem to truly believe it.

https://pravoslavie.ru/88285.html

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1548692871678664710

https://www.newsweek.com/russia-holy-war-ukraine-against-satanic-west-lgbt-commander-1725372

Not really.  Faith is a great tool of manipulation.  Using it to justify horrible acts has been a long, well established strategy.
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

« Reply #1713 on: August 23, 2022, 04:47:14 AM »
Ordained by God or in Gods name are always great ways for justification of things

Crouton

• Flat Earth Inspector General of High Fashion Crimes and Misdemeanors
  • Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1714 on: August 23, 2022, 05:04:05 AM »
Oh! They're acting in God's name.  That would explain all the atrocities they're committing.
Intelligentia et magnanimitas vincvnt violentiam et desperationem.
The truth behind NASA's budget

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1715 on: August 23, 2022, 05:05:33 AM »
Oh! They're acting in God's name.  That would explain all the atrocities they're committing.

If they are acting in Gods name and we are against them, that makes us the antagonists!! Oh snap!

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1716 on: August 23, 2022, 09:41:14 AM »
Russians are holding Brittney Griner.  But we're sending in our top special forces guy to rescue her, Dennis Rodman.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/dennis-rodman-says-going-russia-seek-release-brittney-griner-rcna44106

He may have to fight Steven Seagal though.

Calen

• Friend of Dorothy
« Reply #1717 on: August 23, 2022, 09:55:35 AM »
What? No Musk with a submersible?
S'ils te font de la peine, je les tuerai sans gêne.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1718 on: August 23, 2022, 10:50:24 AM »
He may have to fight Steven Seagal though.

He's waiting for Rodman's arrival.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1719 on: August 23, 2022, 12:17:28 PM »

His later movies are available for free on youtube.  I wouldn't recommend watching it but the comment section is hilarious.

I can't wait to see him making a Russian propaganda war movie about Ukraine where he fights Zelenskyy.

Stash

• Ethical Stash
  • I am car!
« Reply #1720 on: August 23, 2022, 12:48:42 PM »
Worst SNL host...Ever:

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1721 on: September 10, 2022, 06:21:46 AM »
Holy shit!

The Russian army is just crumpling into dust right now. In the last week Ukraine has retaken more territory than Russia took in the last two months. Hopefully they can hold onto it.

« Reply #1722 on: September 10, 2022, 07:00:09 AM »
Sounds promising, but it’s still a small area compared to all the territory under occupation.  Maybe if they can secure Kupiansk it will have a significant impact.

Can Ukraine actually do what Zelenskiy says and drive Russia out?  I don’t know, but I have little hope that Putin is going to see sense and end this no matter how badly it’s going for him.

« Reply #1723 on: September 10, 2022, 07:39:03 AM »
Itll be a standoff at the river
You cant hold that much open hostile terrain.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1724 on: September 10, 2022, 08:44:33 AM »
Sounds promising, but it’s still a small area compared to all the territory under occupation.  Maybe if they can secure Kupiansk it will have a significant impact.

Can Ukraine actually do what Zelenskiy says and drive Russia out?  I don’t know, but I have little hope that Putin is going to see sense and end this no matter how badly it’s going for him.

It's significant in a few ways. The biggest is that it shows Ukraine can retake territory. For a while there was concern that their military was really setup for defending and inadequate for offense.

« Reply #1725 on: September 10, 2022, 08:58:01 AM »
Fair point.  I’ve pretty much given up on trying to predict how this might all play out to be honest. 

« Reply #1726 on: September 11, 2022, 06:17:37 AM »

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1727 on: September 11, 2022, 08:25:27 AM »
The whole znpp thing has been pretty hilarious.

Ukraine, himars bitches!  All your ammo depots are belong to us.

Russia, shit! Think! Think...

I've got it! We'll store all of our explosives in the reactor rooms of a nuclear power plant we captured.

Step 2.we start shelling it and blame it on the Ukrainians! The world will definitely believe us and the west will stop supporting Ukraine.

Iaei, okay here's your problem. Your nuclear power plant is packed with gunpowder and tnt. Also someone, and I'm not going to name names, should stop shelling it.

Russia, Ukraine is shelling it!

Iaei, you know we have every spy satellite in the world pointed at this spot right?

Russia, it was Ukraine!

Iaei, then why is the tail of this unexploded missile pointing to your territory?

Russia,... Missiles are programed to reverse course right before impact.

« Reply #1728 on: September 11, 2022, 11:02:19 AM »
Hilarious isn’t quite the word I’d use.  Cowardly AF for Russian forces to store military equipment and shell nearby towns from a nuclear power site.  Not sure who was responsible for the damage though.

Good it been taken off line, but it’s still dangerous for any fighting to be anywhere near it.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1729 on: September 11, 2022, 11:37:07 PM »
I have a dark sense of humor.

But here, this should counterbalance it with a demonstration of how skillfully the Russians heroically reteated.

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1730 on: September 12, 2022, 09:59:09 AM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/putin-troops-surrender-fever-sweeps-through-ranks-in-ukraine-after-russian-forces-collapse

Interesting.  At least a part of the Russian forces in the Kherson region are negotiating a surrender.  I imagine that sort of thing would have a domino effect in that region.

Lorddave

« Reply #1731 on: September 12, 2022, 11:07:51 AM »
https://www.thedailybeast.com/putin-troops-surrender-fever-sweeps-through-ranks-in-ukraine-after-russian-forces-collapse

Interesting.  At least a part of the Russian forces in the Kherson region are negotiating a surrender.  I imagine that sort of thing would have a domino effect in that region.

Meanwhile, Russian politicians claim that they haven't gone "all out" yet.  While arguing on TV.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1569070513909022720
You have been ignored for common interest of mankind.

I am a terrible person and I am a typical Blowhard Liberal for being wrong about Bom.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #1732 on: September 12, 2022, 12:40:18 PM »

Meanwhile, Russian politicians claim that they haven't gone "all out" yet.  While arguing on TV.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1569070513909022720

They have been holding back the tactical nukes.

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1733 on: September 12, 2022, 03:27:57 PM »
I'm not sure how much a nuclear bombardment would improve their chances at success.  If they lobbed too many nukes they'd have to worry about fallout since they're next door.  If that fallout spread to a NATO country it might be getting close to an article 5 situation.

https://en.armradio.am/2022/09/13/azerbaijan-firing-intensively-in-the-direction-of-armenians-goris-sotk-and-jermuk-artillery-and-uavs-employed/

Damnit.  Now I have to google who these people are.

MaNaeSWolf

• Show me the evidence
« Reply #1734 on: September 13, 2022, 04:52:29 AM »
I'm not sure how much a nuclear bombardment would improve their chances at success.  If they lobbed too many nukes they'd have to worry about fallout since they're next door.  If that fallout spread to a NATO country it might be getting close to an article 5 situation.

https://en.armradio.am/2022/09/13/azerbaijan-firing-intensively-in-the-direction-of-armenians-goris-sotk-and-jermuk-artillery-and-uavs-employed/

Damnit.  Now I have to google who these people are.
Fall out from Nukes is not a real concern. A perfect nuke uses all its radioactive material in the blast. A bad nuke, like in Hiroshima does not, and disperses a lot of the material. Hiroshima's radioactive aftermath was really not bad at all.

The big issue about using ANY nuke is that they 100% lose any future hope of occupying Ukraine.

They are invading Ukraine to "save" "their" people from the Nazi's. If you Nuke the people your trying to save, it gives off the wrong message. It will be political suicide for Putin, both internationally and internally.

If you move fast enough, everything appears flat

« Reply #1735 on: September 13, 2022, 06:17:44 AM »
And humanitily

Crouton

• Planar Moderator
  • Djinn
« Reply #1736 on: September 13, 2022, 06:40:24 AM »
Ah. I was not aware of that.

Research on Twitter reveals another reason they would not use nukes. It would ruin all those sweet Ukrainian washing machines which seems to be the main reason most Russian soldiers keep fighting.

I wonder if we've explored the option of giving Russia large appliances to end the war.

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #1737 on: September 13, 2022, 07:18:26 AM »

Fall out from Nukes is not a real concern. A perfect nuke uses all its radioactive material in the blast. A bad nuke, like in Hiroshima does not, and disperses a lot of the material. Hiroshima's radioactive aftermath was really not bad at all.

You keep saying this and I know we’ve argued before and you haven’t done the decent thing and realised that I am right yet.
Watch “The Coming War on China” by John Pilger apart from being a good documentary it starts with the USA’s bomb testing in the Marshal Islands and shows the physical effects both on those that lived there but also on children that were born afterwards, then tell me that fall out isn’t a problem.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.

« Reply #1738 on: September 13, 2022, 07:28:28 AM »
cut it in half!

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #1739 on: September 13, 2022, 11:36:26 AM »

It's only an atrocity if you lose.   

(yes, I know where I'm headed.)    ::)