RET Last Stand

• 7 Replies
RET Last Stand
« on: April 03, 2013, 07:22:01 PM »
A year or so ago, I posted several RET posts, challenging FET believers. I have now returned, and am willing to fight the deranged lunacy that is FET. If you are an FET believer, reply with your best arguments and I will attempt to refute them. If I cannot refute them, I will be forced to accept FET.

Pongo

• Planar Moderator
Re: RET Last Stand
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 11:25:45 PM »
I think that, perhaps, you have an erroneous idea of what the Flat Earth Society is. We come here to discuss flat-earth related topics and debate with our peers. We are not a stand-by group of people awaiting someone like you to come along and bark demands at us. I recommend you look to the wiki if you want more information.

?

jason_85

• 4D n-sphere earth believer
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 11:59:09 PM »
A year or so ago, I posted several RET posts, challenging FET believers. I have now returned, and am willing to fight the deranged lunacy that is FET. If you are an FET believer, reply with your best arguments and I will attempt to refute them. If I cannot refute them, I will be forced to accept FET.

The earth is flat because most things that look flat are flat. For example, my table looks flat and also is flat. My TV screen looks flat and also is flat.

On the other hand, objects that appear round usually are round. My soccer ball looks round and is round, my lightbulbs looks round and also are round.

Based on this evidence I can conclude that 100% of objects that look round are round, and 100% of objects that look flat are flat. Given that the earth looks flat, I must therefore conclude that it is flat.

8)
Jason, you are my least favorite noob.

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:28 AM »
You have a tv as big as the earth and a table as big as the earth? ???

?

jason_85

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 02:23:52 AM »
Within the framework of the prepositions I gave it is not important. As the examples on which I based my conclusion (ie. the various objects that appear and are flat) do not include any counterargument to the hypothesis that objects that appear flat are flat, it is logical to conclude, in the absence of willingness to accept or ability to comprehend more complex inferences from mathematics and social indicators such as the media and common knowledge, that the earth is in fact flat.

?

Flour

• I think that the "gender" option is too binary.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 06:08:49 PM »

The earth is flat because most things that look flat are flat. For example, my table looks flat and also is flat. My TV screen looks flat and also is flat.

On the other hand, objects that appear round usually are round. My soccer ball looks round and is round, my lightbulbs looks round and also are round.

Based on this evidence I can conclude that 100% of objects that look round are round, and 100% of objects that look flat are flat. Given that the earth looks flat, I must therefore conclude that it is flat.

8)

A quarter that is on my table looks the size of a quarter. Therefore it is a quarter. A dime held a foot away from me looks the size of a quarter. Therefore it is a quarter. The sun looks the size of a quarter. Therefore it is a quarter.
Why is the character limit 266? That doesn't even make sense, memory-wise.

?

jason_85

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 06:16:10 PM »
The sun doesn't look like a quarter, it's way too bright.

?

Shmeggley

• Eppur si muove!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 06:31:55 PM »
The sun doesn't look like a quarter, it's way too bright.

That's just the atmosphere catching the light and focusing it on your retinas. Plus bendy light and stuff.
Giess what? I am a tin foil hat conspiracy lunatic who knows nothing... See what I'm getting at here?