Sun & Moon

• 52 Replies

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
Re: Sun & Moon
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2009, 06:22:51 PM »
The Sun, Moon and Antimoon are all metallic massice discs, subject to photoelectric suspension in relation to the Earth's iron core.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »
The Sun, Moon and Antimoon are all metallic massice discs, subject to photoelectric suspension in relation to the Earth's iron core.

How about you address the topic of this thread then?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2009, 06:53:07 PM »
The luminescence of the Moon migrates regularly in order to sustain itself. The Sun always looks circular because we view it from within the atmolayer. If you were to view it from beyond the atmolayer, perhaps you would see an ellipse.
"For your own sake, as well as for that of our beloved country, be bold and firm against error and evil of every kind." - David Wardlaw Scott, Terra Firma 1901

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2009, 07:01:06 PM »
The luminescence of the Moon migrates regularly in order to sustain itself. The Sun always looks circular because we view it from within the atmolayer.  If you were to view it from beyond the atmolayer, perhaps you would see an ellipse.

And what exactly does the atmolayer do?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2009, 07:01:46 PM »
You breathe it, dumbshoe.

Lord Wilmore

• Vice President
  • Flat Earth Believer
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2009, 07:03:13 PM »
If all you took away from that was PEER REVIEW, you need to look again.

What I took away from it is that nobody said 'science is a logical fallacy'. The reason I only addressed the 'peer review' aspect was because that was the only part of the thread which had any connection to an argument about logical fallacies. That's what we're talking about, that's what's relevant, so that is what I discussed.
"I want truth for truth's sake, not for the applaud or approval of men. I would not reject truth because it is unpopular, nor accept error because it is popular. I should rather be right and stand alone than run with the multitude and be wrong." - C.S. DeFord

« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2009, 07:05:03 PM »

In regards to the shape of the Sun halfwit!

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2009, 07:08:05 PM »

IT MAKES IT LOOK CIRCULAR!

« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2009, 07:10:46 PM »

IT MAKES IT LOOK CIRCULAR!

You really are quite simple aren't you?

How does it make it look circular?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2009, 07:13:44 PM »

No, I am a complicated individual really.

The same way it makes the black sky look blue, and the Moon look circular, and a whole host of other illusory phenomena. The atmolayer has inherently distortive properties any time light gets involved.

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 07:18:22 PM »

No, I am a complicated individual really.

The same way it makes the black sky look blue, and the Moon look circular, and a whole host of other illusory phenomena. The atmolayer has inherently distortive properties any time light gets involved.

Why can't you tell me how?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »
Why can't you understand when I tell you how?

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2009, 07:24:56 PM »
All you've said is that it distorts light.

You haven't said how?

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones

« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 10:22:33 PM »
Too hard for you to write refraction?

So you think the sky is blue because of refraction.

You think the flat discs that are the sun & the moon appear circular because of refraction. Well why do they still look circular regardless of where they are observed from be it at high altitude or from the ice wall to the centre?

Maybe you should read a bit more about refraction.

Also what's your comment on this?

Dr Pwnstein

"So, Consider the spotlight an orb then."

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 10:39:04 PM »
My answer to that is that Dr Pwnstein is not generally considered to be a serious Flat Earther, at least, I have never before encountered him on this website, or anywhere else.

W

« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2009, 11:07:22 PM »
My answer to that is that Dr Pwnstein is not generally considered to be a serious Flat Earther, at least, I have never before encountered him on this website, or anywhere else.

He joined earlier this week. He's only made about 15 posts in the upper forums (not that that means he's not really a flat earther).
If you say that the earth is flat, you are destroying centuries of evolution.

?

Squat

« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2009, 11:24:36 PM »

Does massice mean that they are 'charged' objects?

?

Squat

« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »
http://www.glenbrook.k12.il.us/GBSSCI/PHYS/class/refrn/u14l1b.html

Your link is part of this site:

http://www.physicsclassroom.com/

which is quite clearly a spherical earth indoctrination site. It even tells readers (in a different section) about satellites, both man made and natural, orbiting the earth.  Anyway, I looked around quite a bit of it but nowhere could I find any information on atmosphere making round discs, which should at most times look elliptical, always look circular.

As you obviously understand the phenomena James any chance you could draw a diagram to help me and others understand this. A picture tells a thousand words etc.

James

• Flat Earther
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2009, 07:48:27 AM »

Does massice mean that they are 'charged' objects?

Massice is a term which denotes something being the subject of charge repulsion. A massice disc is a disc which is of like charge to a base object which it is in a repulsive relation to.

When Alpha decay occurs, for example, the ejected helium nucleus is a massice object in relation to the main nucleus. In that case, it is a massice particle, not a massice disc (obviously). The relation between the Alpha particle and the other nucleus is electrostatic force, so the smaller "repulsed" object can be described as being massice.

?

Squat

« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2009, 08:02:26 AM »

Massice is a term which denotes something being the subject of charge repulsion. A massice disc is a disc which is of like charge to a base object which it is in a repulsive relation to.

When Alpha decay occurs, for example, the ejected helium nucleus is a massice object in relation to the main nucleus. In that case, it is a massice particle, not a massice disc (obviously). The relation between the Alpha particle and the other nucleus is electrostatic force, so the smaller "repulsed" object can be described as being massice.

So the sun and moon, both having been repulsed by the earth have the same charge then?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 10:33:36 AM by Squat »

?

KatiePipkin

« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2009, 10:24:46 AM »
If the Moon is a disc, why isn't it flat then?

« Reply #52 on: August 24, 2009, 05:20:48 AM »
The Sun and Moon operate in a spotlight EFFECT, they shine on specific parts of the world at different times.

Nowhere in the FAQ does it says they are man-made objects.

Try reading the FAQ before you post.