Near Earth Objects?

• 2 Replies
?

Deceiver

• The grant money made me do it.
Near Earth Objects?
« on: April 05, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
In light of the many proposed hypotheses for Flat Earth 'Theory', how can the observation of lunar/terrestrial impacts be accounted for? As it says in FAQ, using a disk structure with a diameter equal to 32 miles, floating 3,000 miles above the surface of a similar disk-shaped earth which has a radius roughly equal to 24,000 miles, how is it possible that they would develop impact craters given that under your model/s

1) the moon would not attract celestial objects in the first place, since according to FE gravitational attraction does not exist and the moon has an exceedingly small diameter (small target; cannot modify orbits to create an impact earth-side).
2) requires that there is an object (the Earthen disk) that seriously blocks any celestial masses that might have a favorable trajectory.
3) all objects are supposedly affected by the Universal Accelerator with humans being the sole exception.

Here are some quick calculations, again, from your FAQ:
Area of the Earthen disk = (pi)r^2 = (3.14)(12,000)^2 = 452,160,000 square miles
Area of the Moon disk = (3.14)16^2 = 804 square miles
Thus, the moon in comparison has 1/563,088 the surface area of the earth.

To reiterate the seriousness of the problem, what you are saying is that you have a massive impenetrable sheet lying smack in front of flattish dot. Somehow, on the lighted face of this speck of rock facing said sheet, there are countless impact craters. The most plausible explanation I can come up with is that somehow, earth itself manages to heavily bombard the Moon with asteroids. Unless we have a NEW force, one that propels objects away from earth -- not merely keeps objects vertically stationary -- such that it can make objects that are intersecting earth's accelerating path to do a complete turnaround and hit the moon. Since nothing that has a trajectory above the horizontal relative to the moon can impact the surface facing earth, a serious flaw is in the Flat Earth Model.

I am willing to ignore the fact that even a relatively small object, as small as 2km diameter, would have enough kinetic force to utterly tear apart the moon or send it crashing into the earth.

To add to this, we have extensive evidence of cratering here on Earth and every other observable solid celestial body, so it must be assumed that the Moon is subject to this process at similar magnitudes as well (it's cratered!) . Also, as a graduate student in planetary geology, I can firsthand tell you that the materials that make up all of the observed celestial bodies are no different than the materials abundantly found on earth (including humans). I have the extreme pleasure of staring at spectrographs and trying to recreate these compounds in the lab. They are not self-illuminating...
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 11:00:54 PM by Deceiver »

?

Mr Pseudonym

• Official Member
Re: Near Earth Objects?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 08:04:37 PM »
Assumptions are the mother of all fuckups and your post contains several.
Why do we fall back to earth? Because our weight pushes us down, no laws, no gravity pulling us. It is the law of intelligence.

?

Deceiver

• The grant money made me do it.
Re: Near Earth Objects?
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 08:13:51 PM »
In all fairness, I based my assumptions purely on what is contained within your own FAQ.  The only questionable bit is the radius of the Earth, which given even a minutely small radius would still seriously hinder anything from coming close to the moon let alone directly impacting it.