Athiest World

• 680 Replies

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
Re: Athiest World
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2008, 02:44:05 PM »
I don't believe anything you say about America.
have you ever been there
i live in america right nao
i know what i see (i think?)

|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2008, 03:20:03 PM »
I'm half American, genetically anyway. I visit the eastern board usually 2-3 times a year.
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2008, 07:00:30 PM »
I'm half American, genetically anyway.
Native?

Sexual Harassment Panda

• Now more sophisticated
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2008, 08:06:52 PM »
I'm half American, genetically anyway. I visit the eastern board usually 2-3 times a year.
cool
and you still havent seen people with starbucks on their roof
i see it at least once a week
also where in the eastern seaboard do you go
boston*coughfreakscough* has completely different codes then what we in the south have
|^^^^^^^^^^^\||_____          
|     STFU          |||""'|"""\___            O
| ______________|||___|__|__|)          -|- 
  (@)@)""""""**|(@)(@)**|(@)          / \

New Flat Earth FAQ: http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=30512.0

Benocrates

• Canadian Philosopher
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2008, 06:04:09 AM »
The places I visit most are: Barstow, VA., Washington, PA., Outter Banks, NC., Ft. Meyers FL., and Hagersville MD. And my point was, if I remember, that any comment about how "Americans" do things mean nothing, there are no "American" characteristics.
Quote from: President Barack Obama
Pot had helped
Get the fuck over it.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2008, 04:36:17 PM »
Since Atheist don't believe in the existence of god and all, I am wondering that if for example an Atheist believed in the existence of one almighty god (Allah) what are the things he would lose for this new believe?
"And say, `All praise belongs to ALLAH; HE will soon show you HIS Signs, and you will know them.' And thy Lord is not unaware of what you do."

"Were they created of nothing, or were they themselves the creators? "
(Translations of Allah's Words)

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2008, 04:39:09 PM »
Are you saying atheists have nothing to lose by believing just in case?  I don't think a person can honestly do that. 
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

Dr Matrix

• In Soviet Russia, Matrix enters you!
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2008, 04:42:04 PM »
Since Atheist don't believe in the existence of god and all, I am wondering that if for example an Atheist believed in the existence of one almighty god (Allah) what are the things he would lose for this new believe?

Well not being a 'true' or 'militant' atheist I'm only semi-guessing, but I would suspect that adopting a belief in something for no reason other than to have 'a belief' is about the most hypocritical thing a person can do, so most atheists would lose their sense of honesty and integrity.

When I did jury service I was asked if I wanted to read the atheist affirmation, or swear on a holy text... I swore on the Bible since it seemed the right thing to do, but I was wondering as soon as I'd done it whether I really should have, not being a true Christian 'believer'. With hindsight I should have affirmed rather than sworn on the Bible, since the Bible isn't really any closer to covering my beliefs than the Qu'ran (or Koran, spelling?).
Quote from: Arthur Schopenhauer
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2008, 04:47:47 PM »
Since Atheist don't believe in the existence of god and all, I am wondering that if for example an Atheist believed in the existence of one almighty god (Allah) what are the things he would lose for this new belief?

If it's the christian God who's real then he'll be pissed, same if it's bhrahma, Ra, Zeus, the FSM, . out of all the Gods who have been claimed to be real (www.godchecker.com has about 3,000 according to wiki) you can't just pick one at random and believe die-hard enough to get to heaven.

MadDogX

• Resistor is fubar!
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2008, 04:50:26 PM »
Duh. The more people believe in a god, the more real he is!
Quote from: Professor Gaypenguin
I want an Orion slave woman :(
Okay, I admit it.  The earth isn't flat.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2008, 04:56:46 PM »
Are you saying atheists have nothing to lose by believing just in case?  I don't think a person can honestly do that. 

Yes, hmmm I mean for example I am talking to Mr. Althalus, oh AbdulAziz you should thank god once a day otherwise you would go to hell....etc I am not losing anything if I said oh thank you god ? I am not losing anything if I was Atheist because I believe that there is no life-after and no judgment, so I am not afraid and at the same time if it was true I did what I am required to do in either way I am not losing?

But if I was a Muslim and I have a god saying, listen if you prayed to Jesus a human I created even once you would be burned in Hell then here I have something stopping me from doing. However Atheists they have no such fears?
---

Well according to Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus we all believe in the same one "Almighty God" but others I dont know.

"And say, `All praise belongs to ALLAH; HE will soon show you HIS Signs, and you will know them.' And thy Lord is not unaware of what you do."

Chris Spaghetti

• Flat Earth Editor
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2008, 05:01:25 PM »
I think we should pledge allegiance to Kauket: Goddess of Dark Chaos.

Or how about Min: God of Lettuce and Sex.

Wendy

• I laugh cus you fake
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2008, 10:59:47 PM »
I went to Godchecker.com and found an aztec equivalent of the great deluge witihin seconds. lol, the irony. ::)
Here's an explanation for ya. Lurk moar. Every single point you brought up has been posted, reposted, debated and debunked. There is a search function on this forum, and it is very easy to use.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #73 on: October 02, 2008, 10:59:10 AM »

Yes, hmmm I mean for example I am talking to Mr. Althalus, oh AbdulAziz you should thank god once a day otherwise you would go to hell....etc I am not losing anything if I said oh thank you god ? I am not losing anything if I was Atheist because I believe that there is no life-after and no judgment, so I am not afraid and at the same time if it was true I did what I am required to do in either way I am not losing?

But if I was a Muslim and I have a god saying, listen if you prayed to Jesus a human I created even once you would be burned in Hell then here I have something stopping me from doing. However Atheists they have no such fears?
---

Well according to Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus we all believe in the same one "Almighty God" but others I dont know.

If the only requirement to get into heaven is false piety then I guess there is nothing to lose. 

If God is real, then wouldn't he know if you are thanking him with honesty?  I assume he'd know if you were doing it "just in case". It would be pointless for an atheist to do that, when he/she doesn't truly believe he's thanking anyone real.   
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2008, 02:17:18 PM »

If the only requirement to get into heaven is false piety then I guess there is nothing to lose. 

If God is real, then wouldn't he know if you are thanking him with honesty?  I assume he'd know if you were doing it "just in case". It would be pointless for an atheist to do that, when he/she doesn't truly believe he's thanking anyone real.   

God knows who is thanking him for real and who is not for sure, but again there are people thanking a false god and they think that he is the real god. For example the Arabs before the Prophet Mohammed some of them were honestly worshiping Allah however they were at the same time worshiping status! God said in the Quran that there are people who are doing good deeds and they think they are doing good but the problem they are on the wrong way.

For example which one is better, we have two ways, one takes you to hell and the other to heaven. You might be running and trying your best to be better than me in every aspect but the path you have chosen is the wrong path, this way it's better to be slow but on the right track. Another example is that tomorrow I am having an exam in History but I was honestly studying Math and then failed the History exam, can I use this excuse to my teacher: "Oh teacher I was honestly studying Math"!!!! in fact this once happened when I was kid  ;D This what god want us to know. That's why God said in the Quran >>>

"Say, `Shall WE tell you of those who are the greatest losers in respect of their works.' `Those whose labour is all lost in pursuit of the life of this world, and yet they imagine that they are doing good works.' Those are they who deny the Signs of their Lord and the meeting with HIM. So their works are vain, and on the Day of Resurrection WE shall give them no weight."

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2008, 04:08:00 PM »
How are we mere mortals to know which one is the correct one, if the real God won't tell us?  It's all too silly for me.

Vauxhall

• dark matter does not exist
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
I don't see how it's any different than the world we live in now... it just seems like people are being honest in Atheist world?
Read the FAQS.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »
How are we mere mortals to know which one is the correct one, if the real God won't tell us?  It's all too silly for me.

How come God didn't tell us which one is right? if your someone who like Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus...etc who believe in the concept of "Almighty God" then you would realize he said that. In every old scriptures the message is same, it's to worship God and none beside him and not denying his existence. God clearly say it in the Quran and showed us the two way, the way of evil and the way of god and then he gave us the free will to choose which one we want to follow.

Suppose now we all know (Jews, Muslims, Christians...etc) tomorrow we have exam in History (Day of Judgment, Hell & Heaven). The Teacher told us listen my students, if you want to pass the history test read section ABC and ignore section XYZ, now those who listened and followed the teacher instructions would surely pass but those students who did the opposite for sure wouldn't pass even though they know that tomorrow's exam is History. This is the difference between we Muslims and others.

We understood the God's message clearly without changing any bit of his words, it's to worship him alone, but some students ignored the clear message and instructions of their god and followed instructions of other students who doesn't have the full knowledge about the contents of the test.

WE have created man from a mingled sperm-drop that WE might try him; so WE made him hearing, seeing. WE have shown him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful.

How we know, in addition to god's instructions use your common sense, can god's words contradicts itself? of course no, so if any book that contradicts it's own words ignore it and follow a book that cannot contradict itself. If that's not enough then test the one who is giving you the instruction, can God rest, sleep...etc? can almighty god get slapped or insulted? common sense would answer you NO WAY! because common sense have fixed attributes of God! He is almighty, all wise, all knowing, there is nothing like him....etc you would surely realize all false gods would fail in the test.

Vauxhall

« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2008, 04:32:42 PM »

How come God didn't tell us which one is right? if your someone who like Jews, Muslims, Christians, Hindus...etc who believe in the concept of "Almighty God" then you would realize he said that. In every old scriptures the message is same, it's to worship God and none beside him and not denying his existence. God clearly say it in the Quran and showed us the two way, the way of evil and the way of god and then he gave us the free will to choose which one we want to follow.

Suppose now we all know (Jews, Muslims, Christians...etc) tomorrow we have exam in History (Day of Judgment, Hell & Heaven). The Teacher told us listen my students, if you want to pass the history test read section ABC and ignore section XYZ, now those who listened and followed the teacher instructions would surely pass but those students who did the opposite for sure wouldn't pass even though they know that tomorrow's exam is History. This is the difference between we Muslims and others.

We understood the God's message clearly without changing any bit of his words, it's to worship him alone, but some students ignored the clear message and instructions of their god and followed instructions of other students who doesn't have the full knowledge about the contents of the test.

WE have created man from a mingled sperm-drop that WE might try him; so WE made him hearing, seeing. WE have shown him the way, whether he be grateful or ungrateful.

How we know, in addition to god's instructions use your common sense, can god's words contradicts itself? of course no, so if any book that contradicts it's own words ignore it and follow a book that cannot contradict itself. If that's not enough then test the one who is giving you the instruction, can God rest, sleep...etc? can almighty god get slapped or insulted? common sense would answer you NO WAY! because common sense have fixed attributes of God! He is almighty, all wise, all knowing, there is nothing like him....etc you would surely realize all false gods would fail in the test.

There have been times when I honestly started thinking "hey, maybe God does exsist... and maybe I'm going to hell!"

I would get really scared, so I'd start praying...

Praying not only produced zero results, but also made me feel like a complete and utter moron.

Your god did nothing to prove himself to me, and made me feel very lonely. Why would he do that to me?!

I'm not an idiot, if God came down right now and said "hey, I'm god... worship me", then I'd start believing.

Also, why is it that miracles only happened in the days of the bible? Why aren't they happening now? Does God not like our generation?
Read the FAQS.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2008, 04:39:33 PM »
How do you know those instructions came from God? That is the question!

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2008, 04:43:55 PM »

There have been times when I honestly started thinking "hey, maybe God does exsist... and maybe I'm going to hell!"

I would get really scared, so I'd start praying...

Praying not only produced zero results, but also made me feel like a complete and utter moron.

Your god did nothing to prove himself to me, and made me feel very lonely. Why would he do that to me?!

Dear Fluoresence,

Did you follow the way of God telling you how to pray? for example at the time of Mohammed peace be upon him some Arabs were praying to a piece of date (A kind of food) and they thought this pray would let Almighty god answer them! and god never did, is this a prove that he doesn't exists?

For example if I had to fight with a group of people and I want someone to help me, and I found a deaf man who can't hear my words, would he answer me and come to fight along side with me, of course not. Your prayer were the same, you were praying to a false god and a false method so how do you want him to answer you.

I'm not an idiot, if God came down right now and said "hey, I'm god... worship me", then I'd start believing.

That day your believe would be useless, Almighty god said in the Quran >>>

"They are but waiting that angels should come to them or that thy Lord should come or there should come some of the Signs of thy Lord. The day when some of the Signs of thy Lord shall come, it shall not profit a soul to believe, which had not believed before, nor earned any good by its faith. Say, `Wait ye, we too are waiting."

Also, why is it that miracles only happened in the days of the bible? Why aren't they happening now? Does God not like our generation?

I already answered this question before >>>

Almighty Allah already gave us the answer why :)

"But ALLAH would not punish them while thou wast among them, and ALLAH would not punish them while they sought forgiveness."

Today more than 1 Billion ask god for forgiveness 5 times on daily basis :)

Wallah there is no one more merciful than Allah, all praise to him

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2008, 04:47:29 PM »

I already posted dozen of proves that the Quran can never be from Human but only from someone who knows all, there are countless proves to this. If I am allowed I would post more than 500 topic and each topic includes 50 proves if you want but it's something people around here wouldn't like to see. However if you read some of my previous posts you would realize that the only answer is: "It's from god".

I am wondering why people never asked themselves this question, why a graduated muslim from School can win debates against Christians scholars, why only students of Quran can win all debates with followers of other religions even though the difference in experience and knowledge. The only answer is that because one side is using the truth while the other dont. Allah said in the Quran >>>

"And proclaim: `Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. Verily, falsehood is bound to vanish."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:53:20 PM by AbdulAziz »

Vauxhall

« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

I already answered this question before >>>

Almighty Allah already gave us the answer why :)

"But ALLAH would not punish them while thou wast among them, and ALLAH would not punish them while they sought forgiveness."

Today more than 1 Billion ask god for forgiveness 5 times on daily basis :)

Wallah there is no one more merciful than Allah, all praise to him

I'm a bit confused, are you saying the reason Allah isn't answering people's prayers is because we are praying too much?

What?
Read the FAQS.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2008, 04:50:16 PM »

I'm a bit confused, are you saying the reason Allah isn't answering people's prayers is because we are praying too much?

What?

No dear Fluorescence, I said this >>>

Did you follow the way of God telling you how to pray? for example at the time of Mohammed peace be upon him some Arabs were praying to a piece of date (A kind of food) and they thought this pray would let Almighty god answer them! and god never did, is this a prove that he doesn't exists?

You were praying to a false god, in a wrong way. How can you imagine a God answering your prayer when your praying to a false God.

Believe me the more you know about God the more you know how to reach him but sadly most of the people don't know the attributes of god that's why they are comparing him to his creation or putting him on the same category as limited being and then they blame him for not answering prayer...etc

Allah Said >>>

"I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me."
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:54:49 PM by AbdulAziz »

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2008, 04:56:29 PM »

I already posted dozen of proves that the Quran can never be from Human but only from someone who knows all, there are countless proves to this. If I am allowed I would post more than 500 topic and each topic includes 50 proves if you want but it's something people around here wouldn't like to see. However if you read some of my previous posts you would realize that the only answer is: "It's from god".

I am wondering why people never asked themselves this question, why a graduated muslim from School can win debates against Christians scholars, why only students of Quran can win all debates with followers of other religions even though the difference in experience and knowledge. The only answer is that because one side is using the truth while the other dont. Allah said in the Quran >>>

"And proclaim: `Truth has come and falsehood has vanished. Verily, falsehood is bound to vanish."

Who judges these debates?  If you are reading a debate, and one side believes as you do, then you are biased.  Quoting scriptures from the Quran doesn't prove anything.

Vauxhall

« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2008, 04:56:38 PM »

What?

No dear Fluorescence, I said this >>>

You were praying to a false god, in a wrong way. How can you imagine a God answering your prayer when your praying to a false God.

Believe me the more you know about God the more you know how to reach him but sadly most of the people don't know the attributes of god that's why they are comparing him to his creation or putting him on the same category as limited being and then they blame him for not answering prayer...etc

Allah Said >>>

"I am so self-sufficient that I am in no need of having an associate. Thus he who does an action for someone else's sake as well as Mine will have that action renounced by Me to him whom he associated with Me."

Well, unfortunately... there's no way to know which 'God' is the real God.

What you're trying to argue is that Allah exists... which isn't an argument at all, really... because you can't prove it either way. You can argue endlessly, but it all comes down to faith. I respect you for trying, but faith is faith... and faith can't be argued with.

I remain fully agnostic until 'Allah' shows himself and proves it's him somehow.
Read the FAQS.

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2008, 05:03:14 PM »

Who judges these debates?  If you are reading a debate, and one side believes as you do, then you are biased.  Quoting scriptures from the Quran doesn't prove anything.

No way, when I for example debate a Christian I bring them proves from their own authentic book the "Bible" and if you did read my previous posts when I debate with my friends here I quote from their own books and then proving that the Quran says the same thing :) I can never prove to anyone anything if I quote from the Quran if in the first place they don't believe in the Quran. The method is to prove them using what they have ^_~

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2008, 05:05:54 PM »
If it says the same thing in both books, how does that prove them wrong?

?

AbdulAziz

• Slave Of Allah
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2008, 05:09:18 PM »
What you're trying to argue is that Allah exists... which isn't an argument at all, really... because you can't prove it either way. You can argue endlessly, but it all comes down to faith. I respect you for trying, but faith is faith... and faith can't be argued with.

I admit the greatest thing you need to prove his existence if faith, but there are countless signs in our universe proving an existence of such almighty god, there are many books can prove you this both by using logic and other methods of calculations. As I said to our beloved moderator Mr. Osama, I can provide you dozens of books proving his existence but the question is, would you accept it or would continue denying for no reason? the problem is that some Atheists they don't want to change their believes like one of the members here, saying for example I am always Christians and I will always be, I am always Atheist and I will always be that just proves he is not ready to even know about the other side. You know how to describe such people :) while me a Muslim who knows that I am having the truth in my hands yet I am ready to listen to all of you and discuss and accept to change if you just found one single contradiction in the book I have.

I remain fully agnostic until 'Allah' shows himself and proves it's him somehow.

>>>

I will be waiting as well and I am sure this is what will happen >>>

"But whosoever will turn away from MY remembrance, his will be a straitened life, and on the Day of Resurrection WE shall raise him up blind. He will say, My Lord, why hast Thou raised me up blind, while I possessed sight before ?' God will say, Thus did OUR Signs come to thee and thou didst ignore them and in like manner wilt thou be ignored this day. And thus do WE recompense him who transgresses the limits of Divine Law and believes not in the Signs of his Lord; and the punishment of the Hereafter is even severer and more lasting. [/quote]

Because one of them contains contradiction while the other doesn't. For example if in the Turah God said in 5 verses listen ppl you should only worship me alone and if you ever associated another in worshiping I will punish for you ever.  Then after some pages the same book says exactly the opposite, that if you worshiped only one god you will be punished forever, now we can clearly say this book can never be from Book and this book contradicting itself. However in the Quran God in the first page for example says worship me alone and through all the book the same message clearly and he never contradicted himself. We can clearly say this book doesn't contain a single contradiction so it's not a wrong book :)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 05:16:52 PM by AbdulAziz »

Vauxhall

« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2008, 05:13:13 PM »

I admit the greatest thing you need to prove his existence if faith, but there are countless signs in our universe proving an existence of such almighty god, there are many books can prove you this both by using logic and other methods of calculations. As I said to our beloved moderator Mr. Osama, I can provide you dozens of books proving his existence but the question is, would you accept it or would continue denying for no reason? the problem is that some Atheists they don't want to change their believes like one of the members here, saying for example I am always Christians and I will always be, I am always Atheist and I will always be that just proves he is not ready to even know about the other side. You know how to describe such people :) while me a Muslim who knows that I am having the truth in my hands yet I am ready to listen to all of you and discuss and accept to change if you just found one single contradiction in the book I have.

Because one of them contains contradiction while the other doesn't. For example if in the Turah God said in 5 verses listen ppl you should only worship me alone and if you ever associated another in worshiping I will punish for you ever.  Then after some pages the same book says exactly the opposite, that if you worshiped only one god you will be punished forever, now we can clearly say this book can never be from Book and this book contradicting itself. However in the Quran God in the first page for example says worship me alone and through all the book the same message clearly and he never contradicted himself. We can clearly say this book doesn't contain a single contradiction so it's not a wrong book :)

The Quran contradicts itself just as much as any other Holy Book does:

http://www.answering-islam.org/Quran/Contra/
Read the FAQS.