Winter Solstice Is On 25 December Christmas Day

• 73 Replies
« on: January 14, 2007, 11:52:54 AM »
Note that January (on modern calendars) is colder than December.  

The reason is that the longest night of the year occurs on 25 December as per the Julian Calendar (which is 7 January on the Gregorian Calendar).  In other words the Gregorian calendar is scientifically wrong.  The winter solstice is not on 21 December of the Gregorian Calendar but 7 January (i.e.25 December of the geniune Julian Calendar).  

The Gregorian Calendar was a sixteenth centiry weapon of the Papist West against the unity of the Orthodox Christian East (which proceeded to develop schisms after adopting it in the early twentieth).  The Gregorian Calendar is a part of the alternative religion (that uses faulty science) which Antichrist has been constructing.  The inventors of heliocentrism (Clavius and Aloyius) were colleagues of the heliocentrists such as Galileo (who was a personal friend of Clavius).  The inventors of the Gregorian Calendar partook in the founding of modern science.  The Gregorian Calendar is a crucial part of the scientific dictatorship.
http://www.conspiracyarchive.com/NWO/Ascendancy.htm

PROPOSAL:  As several proposals for new calendars even worse than the Gregorian such as an "International Calendar" have been advanced, it is recommended that scientific accuracy would be attained by everyone ditching the Gregorian in favour of the Julian Calendar.
http://www.easternchristiansupply.biz/products.cgi/c120/c14/c142/42050

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 12:04:02 PM »
Its a little late now, dont you think?
FE Pwnage Archive

http://theflatearthsociety.org/forum/index.php?topic=8101.0

The Engineer is still a douchebag

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 12:14:37 PM »
Quote from: "dantheman40k"

It's a little late to reclaim the truth?

I suppose you reckon it's a little late to revert to the flat Earth view of the Cosmos?

As far as I believe, man changes, but God does not change.  The Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem never adopted the Gregorian Calendar.  To this year, the Holy Light miracle occurs every year on Holy Sabbath - the day before Easter ACCORDING TO THE JULIAN CALENDAR where the Soul of Christ descended to the Underworld and liberated the souls of the righteous beginning with Adam.  This annual miracle which dates back to the Apostle James, the first Patriarch of Jerusalem, has never changed the date on which it occurs.
http://www.holylight.gr/agiofos/holyli.html

As far as I believe, those churches which do not use the Julian Calendar  are not Christian.  Those who have the truth retain this calendar.  It is the intention of Antichrist to instill ridicule and contempt towards those who abide with sacred truths like the Julian Calendar and Flat Earth.

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 12:33:35 PM »
Quote from: "Areopagite"

It's a little late to reclaim the truth?

I suppose you reckon it's a little late to revert to the flat Earth view of the Cosmos?

Well, yeah, as the idea thet the earth was flat was disproved centuries ago.

As far as I believe, man changes, but God does not change.  The Orthodox Patriarchate of Jerusalem never adopted the Gregorian Calendar.  To this year, the Holy Light miracle occurs every year on Holy Sabbath - the day before Easter ACCORDING TO THE JULIAN CALENDAR where the Soul of Christ descended to the Underworld and liberated the souls of the righteous beginning with Adam.  This annual miracle which dates back to the Apostle James, the first Patriarch of Jerusalem, has never changed the date on which it occurs.
http://www.holylight.gr/agiofos/holyli.html

I take it that you are basing this on the Bible?

As far as I believe, those churches which do not use the Julian Calendar  are not Christian.  Those who have the truth retain this calendar.  It is the intention of Antichrist to instill ridicule and contempt towards those who abide with sacred truths like the Julian Calendar and Flat Earth.

:roll:  Before you start calling the flat earth 'sacred truth' you should try proving it. I havent seen anything on this site that has caused me to doubt the earths roundness.
FE Pwnage Archive

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 12:38:30 PM »
Modern science is a religion.  More specifically it is a part of ecumenism - a movement to unite all religions into a one World religion.  

By having everyone believe that 21 December is the Winster Solstice (and other unsupported assertions), a scientific dictatorship has infiltrated most religions of the World by uniting them to common "scientific" beliefs (usually instilled through forced schooling, or brainwashing of the children of colonized peoples) which has in time made possible the adoption of a common calendar by the peoples and religions of the World thanks to this scientific dictatorship which is actually a branch of an ecumenistic religion.
http://ecumenizm.tripod.com/ECUMENIZM/index.html

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 12:57:15 PM »
Modern science is a religion.  More specifically it is a part of ecumenism - a movement to unite all religions into a one World religion.  

By having everyone believe that 21 December is the Winster Solstice (and other unsupported assertions), a scientific dictatorship has infiltrated most religions of the World by uniting them to common "scientific" beliefs (usually instilled through forced schooling, or brainwashing of the children of colonized peoples) which has in time made possible the adoption of a common calendar by the peoples and religions of the World thanks to this scientific dictatorship which is actually a branch of an ecumenistic religion.
http://ecumenizm.tripod.com/ECUMENIZM/index.html

Are you on crack? There is no scientific dictatorship, whatever the fuck that is. All of your posts contain nothing but long winded rambles about conspiracys and how Jews are evil and a whole bunch of hateful basdardised interpretations of the Bible that would sicken Fred Phelps. Do us all a favor and start your own forum, where you can post your little theories and anti-sementic bullshit untill you are blue in the face.
FE Pwnage Archive

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2007, 01:00:08 PM »
It wont change my life if it was said the calender is different...
Would it change yours?  :roll:

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »
Besides... dont you think god has given us brains for a reason? Like BE scientific?? I dont think its impossible to be religious and scientific.

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2007, 01:14:44 PM »
Quote from: "Sanirius"
I don't think its impossible to be religious and scientific.

I completely agree with that statement.  
And I am saying that the Gregorian Calendar exhibits poor science.

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2007, 01:19:04 PM »
It wont change my life if it was said the calender is different...
Would it change yours?  :roll:

As I follow the Julian Calendar, it would make things simpler.  

With reguard to the entire World, it would reopen a window to Christian tradition in a World where ancient Christian tradition is unknown.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2007, 01:20:55 PM »
You suck at quoting, Dan.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

Sanirius

• ~rawr~
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2007, 01:22:46 PM »
Quote from: Areopagite

With reguard to the entire World, it would reopen a window to Christian tradition in a World where ancient Christian tradition is unknown.

I dont care, im not christian, and this calendar works just fine.
Who cares

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2007, 01:51:00 PM »
Quote from: "thedigitalnomad"

Are you referring to dantheman40k?
I hope so because if you were referring to me, then we need to work on our identification skills.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »

Are you referring to dantheman40k?
I hope so because if you were referring to me, then we need to work on our identification skills.

Yes.  dantheman40k.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2007, 02:21:11 PM »
I thought it was generally accepted that he was born some time in august.

But then again, who knows.  You've got psycho-überChristians like Dio here who claim it's in January, tons of people who think it's in December.  Old scripture that tells it's in March, and was later moved to September to account for the messianic requirement...  Make up your fucking minds, folks.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2007, 02:37:24 PM »
I thought it was generally accepted that he was born some time in august.

But then again, who knows.  You've got psycho-überChristians like Dio here who claim it's in January, tons of people who think it's in December.  Old scripture that tells it's in March, and was later moved to September to account for the messianic requirement...  Make up your fraking minds, folks.
I thought it was generally accepted that He was born on 25 December.
The tons of people who claim Jesus Christ was born in December are correct - 25 December according to the Julian Calendar to be exact.

You apparently did not notice that I placed underneath my quote of Dogplatter the parenthetical note indicating that he was born on 7 January OF THE GREGORIAN CALENDAR.  The Gregorian Calendar is removed from the Julian Calendar by 13 days.  13 days before the Gregorian date of 7 January gives the Julian date of 25 December.  The Orthodox celebrate the birth of Christ on 25 December.  What we call 25 December is what most people nowadays call 7 January.  We celebrated Christmas a week ago.

Today is the first of January (despite the fact that most of the World follows the papacy in mislabelling today as 14 January).

Many years, everyone.

Jesus Christ was born on 25 December - the longest night of the year (Winter Solstice) - meaning that from the moment He came into the World, the Light will increase.

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2007, 03:41:08 PM »
There is no scientific dictatorship, whatever the frak that is.

'The Ascendancy of the Scientific Dictatirship:  An Examination of Epistemic Autocracy From the 19th to the 21st Centiry'
by Phillip Collins and Paul Collins

http://www.alibris.co.uk/search/search.cfm?S=R&qwork=8065887&qsort=p&siteID=ylzmM8udhXg-tYpkzDY4hmRV5Rq2VFpd4g
http://www.biped.info/articles/collins1.html
http://www.paranoiamagazine.com/ascendancydictator.html

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2007, 05:52:53 PM »
I thought it was generally accepted that He was born on 25 December.
The tons of people who claim Jesus Christ was born in December are correct - 25 December according to the Julian Calendar to be exact.

Those people are probably wrong.

One, the date of December 25th was chosen by Augustus Caesar.  To make it easier on Pagans that convert to be able to celebrate their existing holidays (and Christmas isn't the only date he did this with).

Secondly, the date itself isn't that well accepted.  Most Christians I know realize that the date is probably wrong, but the spirit of the holiday is just the same.  (edit: Oh, but I forgot you're an elitest asshole who only considers his church to be true Christian)

Thirdly, going by the dates in the bible, the date is placed in the fifteenth day of the seventh Jewish month of Sukkoth.  This date in the Gregorian calendar sits in October.  When I said August before, I had meant October.  The keys are, like, right next to each other.

Quote from: "Dionysius"
Jesus Christ was born on 25 December - the longest night of the year (Winter Solstice) - meaning that from the moment He came into the World, the Light will increase.

The winter solstice is not on the 25th, and as far as I know never has been.  This year it was on the 22nd.  Two years ago it was on the 21st.  I don't know what your sources are, but mine are readily available:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solstice
http://www.reference.com/search?q=solstice
http://www.britannica.com/ebc/article-9379074
http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1E1-solstice.html
http://www.answers.com/topic/solstice

Which in any case, does not equal January 7th on any calendar.  But I suppose that is part of the "scientific dictatorship".  Not taking into account that anyone who goes out and studies, will find that the solstice is indeed on the 21st or 22nd of December on the Gregorian calendar every year.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

?

Erasmus

• The Elder Ones
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2007, 08:20:39 PM »
One, the date of December 25th was chosen by Augustus Caesar.  To make it easier on Pagans that convert to be able to celebrate their existing holidays (and Christmas isn't the only date he did this with).

Convert to what?  Christianity?  Christianity didn't exist during Augustus' lifetime; he died when Jesus was a kid.
Why did the chicken cross the Möbius strip?

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2007, 08:59:08 PM »
I misread the wikipedia article, I apologize.  

In any case, the first mention of December 25th being the birthdate of Christ wasn't until A.D. 354.

This is all, of course, considering that Jesus was in fact the messiah, and that he was ever born in the first place.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2007, 12:03:34 AM »
I am very rude and hate religion

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2007, 12:09:11 AM »
Can you please edit that post, Hara, as this is the Alternative Science Forum, so is not actually for the debate of flat earth theory at all, making you wrong, and looking like a total jackass for posting such crap.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2007, 12:11:40 AM »
Righto, I just realised that.. soooo I'll change it now. Thanks for alerting me though! ^^

EDIT:>> DONE. ^^

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2007, 12:18:53 AM »
Erm, is faggot the new word in 7th grade?

beast

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2007, 12:29:34 AM »
Hara, I think you should realise that when you insult people in such a manner as you did, without attempting to back up your claims with any evidence, you actually tend to alienate the person and harden their beliefs, rather than having the desired effect of changing their opinions.  I'm a very passionate atheist and often involve myself in religious debate.  The strength of the atheist debate is definitely being rational and logical, rather than emotional.  You are probably actually hurting the atheist argument with posts like that one.

cmdshft

• The Elder Ones
  • swiggity swooty
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2007, 01:52:23 AM »
Beast:
1) Learn the meaning of joke.
2) After arriving at the meaning, read my post.
3) I in no way made any serious accusations.
3) The only truth in that post was my distaste for religion
4) It was a joke.

Some people... :roll:

beast

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2007, 02:47:07 AM »
We must have different definitions of joke because I have always thought jokes were meant to be funny.  Apparently that is not the case?

?

Rick_James

• The Elder Ones
  • Rick <3 Gayer
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2007, 03:52:49 AM »
Quote from: "Hara Taiki"
Beast:
1) Learn the meaning of joke.
2) After arriving at the meaning, read my post.
3) I in no way made any serious accusations.
3) The only truth in that post was my distaste for religion
4) It was a joke.

Some people... :roll:

Sorry mate, this isn't the school playground. try to bring it up to at least a "young adult" level.

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2007, 02:54:00 PM »
Augustus

Erasmus is correct, but you proceeded to make another false statement.  Where is your proof that Christmas was never celebrated before the mid-fourth century Anno Domini? (right after claiming that the pagan Emperor Augustus initiated it in the early first century in order to get converts!  (Augustus who died in AD 14 before the Chruch was even founded!)

The winter solstice is not on the 25th, and as far as I know never has been.

I am familiar with the mistaken opinion of many nowadays that the winter solstice occurs between the 21st and 23rd of December of the Gregorian Calendar.  Since you quote wikipedia as well, why not take a look at this:
"Some midwinter celebrations still centre upon December 25th, which was the winter solstice upon the establishment of the Julian calendar."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Solstice_Celebration

Not taking into account that anyone who goes out and studies, will find that the solstice is indeed on the 21st or 22nd of December on the Gregorian calendar every year.

Anyone?
Studies what? Opinions?
Never the less I will take a look at your sources.

Which in any case, does not equal January 7th on any calendar.

25 Decembre on the Julian Calendar does indeed equal 7 January on the Gregorian Calendar.

asshole

Gentlemen, please.  I defer to the wisdom of the esteemed Rick_James.

?

Nomad

• Official Member
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2007, 08:20:30 PM »
Where is your proof that Christmas was never celebrated before the mid-fourth century Anno Domini?

I scanned through previous posts, and have no idea what you're talking about.

The winter solstice is not on the 25th, and as far as I know never has been.

I am familiar with the mistaken opinion of many nowadays that the winter solstice occurs between the 21st and 23rd of December of the Gregorian Calendar.  Since you quote wikipedia as well, why not take a look at this:
"Some midwinter celebrations still centre upon December 25th, which was the winter solstice upon the establishment of the Julian calendar."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winter_Solstice_Celebration

Just because the solstice may have been on the 25th two thousand years ago, doesn't mean it still is.

Not taking into account that anyone who goes out and studies, will find that the solstice is indeed on the 21st or 22nd of December on the Gregorian calendar every year.

Anyone?
Studies what? Opinions?
Never the less I will take a look at your sources.

Anyone who studies the length of days and nights, yes.  Empirical evidence is not opinion.

You have yet to show your sources for why the Solstice is not on the 21st or 22nd, as well.  Since you are the one questioning popular knowledge, the burden of proof lies on you.

Which in any case, does not equal January 7th on any calendar.

25 Decembre on the Julian Calendar does indeed equal 7 January on the Gregorian Calendar.

The 21st or 22nd of December on the Julian calendar do not equal January 7th on any calendar.
Nomad is a superhero.

8/30 NEVAR FORGET