Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions

• 690 Replies

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
Re: Moonlight: Dangers & Precautions
« Reply #450 on: July 15, 2018, 09:21:14 PM »
Yesterday (and not for the first time) I have witnessed the lie that is our moon

It was a very thin crescent shape YET when looking at it, you could see the WHOLE moon! The rest of it was just really dark but you could clearly see a full circle

And don't give me any garbage about it being some stupid 'optical illusion' and that our brain fills in the gaps or other such nonsense. If the moon is as it is described in official texts, than I should NOT have seen a full moon when there should only have been the thinnest of crescents

Moon is debunked

Quote from: sokarul
what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

What animal relates to your wife?

Know your place

« Reply #451 on: July 16, 2018, 02:44:26 AM »
Yesterday (and not for the first time) I have witnessed the lie that is our moon

It was a very thin crescent shape YET when looking at it, you could see the WHOLE moon! The rest of it was just really dark but you could clearly see a full circle

And don't give me any garbage about it being some stupid 'optical illusion' and that our brain fills in the gaps or other such nonsense. If the moon is as it is described in official texts, than I should NOT have seen a full moon when there should only have been the thinnest of crescents

Moon is debunked

This is quite common and is a result of the dark side of the moon being lit by earthlight.

In what sense do you think it 'debunks the moon' ?

« Reply #452 on: July 17, 2018, 02:01:13 PM »

Moon is debunked
As I interpret what you have said, you're seeing the moon just after, the new Moon, as opposed to Full moon. This occurred during the day, and the reason why you see the rest of the Moon dimly lit, Is earth shine, the light reflecting off the earth onto the moon.
Earth shine still occurs after dark.
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #453 on: July 17, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »

Moon is debunked
As I interpret what you have said, you're seeing the moon just after, the new Moon, as opposed to Full moon. This occurred during the day, and the reason why you see the rest of the Moon dimly lit, Is earth shine, the light reflecting off the earth onto the moon.

It was early in the night although pitch black. Not a ray of sunshine

I dont care how many light bulbs you turn on on Earth. It is not going to light up the moon. The surface of the Earth is covered by around 70% water. Hardly reflective enough to light up the Moon

what website did you use to buy your wife? Did you choose Chinese over Russian because she can't open her eyes to see you?

Know your place

« Reply #454 on: July 17, 2018, 03:24:52 PM »
The surface of the Earth is covered by around 70% water. Hardly reflective enough to light up the Moon

Plenty reflective enough, as your own observation testifies. Unless you have another explanation...

« Reply #455 on: July 17, 2018, 05:43:07 PM »

Moon is debunked

I dont care how many light bulbs you turn on on Earth. It is not going to light up the moon. The surface of the Earth is covered by around 70% water. Hardly reflective enough to light up the Moon
The the universe has no obligation to makes sense to you.
The earth is a globe.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #456 on: July 18, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »

Moon is debunked

I'm guessing that this is something like what you saw:

The bright part of the moon is directly illuminated by the sun.  The barely visible part is illuminated by sunlight reflecting off of the daytime part of the earth (which is why it's barely visible).
Science is what happens when preconception meets verification.
Quote from: Robosteve
Besides, perhaps FET is a conspiracy too.
Quote from: bullhorn
It is just the way it is, you understanding it doesn't concern me.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #457 on: July 20, 2018, 10:24:45 AM »
Today is "national moon day" don't let them trick you into looking at it.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #458 on: July 20, 2018, 08:12:37 PM »

« Reply #459 on: August 14, 2018, 12:55:33 PM »
When the moon appears as a thin crescent, the Earth is almost at the full phase when seen from the moons dark area.  You know how bright the full moon is?   The full Earth is even brighter.  It is bright enough to partially illuminate the dark portion of the moon.  This effect is sometime referred to as "The old moon in the new moons arms"

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #460 on: August 14, 2018, 01:11:07 PM »
I hope you wear protection when in the arms of the moon.
I'm sorry. Am I to understand that when you have a boner you like to imagine punching the shit out of Tom Bishop? That's disgusting.

?

robintex

• Ranters
« Reply #461 on: August 14, 2018, 01:33:00 PM »

Moon is debunked

I'm guessing that this is something like what you saw:

The bright part of the moon is directly illuminated by the sun.  The barely visible part is illuminated by sunlight reflecting off of the daytime part of the earth (which is why it's barely visible).
That picture of the moon was obviously taken with a camera and film.
 Another case of exposure as in "Why don't you see the stars in the moon pictures ?". 
 Your eyes have a more dynamic range than film and camera.
You would probably see a bit more brightness than in the dark area barely visible  in the picture,
Stick close , very close , to your P.C.and never go to sea
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Look out your window , see what you shall see
And you all may be Rulers of The Flat Earth Society

Chorus:
Yes ! Never, never, never,  ever go to sea !

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #462 on: January 11, 2019, 10:56:06 PM »
The super wolf blood moon is coming up. I want to ensure all are aware of it that are flatists. Please wear your protective glasses.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

Username

• Administrator
  • President of The Flat Earth Society
« Reply #463 on: January 11, 2019, 11:12:34 PM »
Super wolf blood moon.

How do you guys not realize you are being had.

Super. Wolf. Blood. Moon.

I mean come on.
The illusion is shattered if we ask what goes on behind the scenes.

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #464 on: January 12, 2019, 10:56:06 AM »
I have dug a bunker just in case.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #465 on: January 16, 2019, 12:36:01 PM »
One would think that the shadow object should block any harmful rays during the total lunar eclipse.

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #466 on: January 16, 2019, 12:51:05 PM »
Super wolf blood moon.

How do you guys not realize you are being had.

Super.
According to the original definition of supermoon – coined by Richard Nolle in 1979 – a full moon or new moon has to come within 90 percent of its closest approach to Earth to be dubbed a supermoon. In other words, any full moon or new moon that comes to within 224,775 miles or 361,740 km (or less) of our planet, as measured from the centers of the moon and Earth, is a supermoon.

Wolf.
January: Wolf Moon. Native Americans and medieval Europeans named January's full moon after the howling of hungry wolves lamenting the midwinter paucity of food.

Blood.
“The red component of sunlight passing through Earth's atmosphere is preferentially filtered and diverted into the Earth's shadow where it illuminates the eclipsed moon, making it appear red or 'blood' color,” said Caleb Scharf, director of astrobiology at Columbia University.

Another way to think of this change in color is to imagine standing on the surface of the moon during a total lunar eclipse. When looking at the Earth, you would see every sunrise and sunset happening on Earth at the same time.
This new color the moon takes on is how total lunar eclipses earned the blood moon nickname.

“'Blood moon' is not a term used in astronomy. It’s more of a popular phrase, perhaps because it sounds so dramatic. It simply refers to a 'total lunar eclipse,'” the Old Farmer’s Almanac reported.

Moon.
What else should we call it?

I mean come on.
Where are we going?

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #467 on: January 16, 2019, 12:57:21 PM »
I totally forgot about this. Damn! I was going to board up the windows and hide under the bed but instead maybe I got exposure! Dammit! I should be more careful

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #468 on: January 16, 2019, 01:32:26 PM »
You still have time to an hero.  The super bloody werewolf moon isn't until Saturday.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #469 on: January 16, 2019, 01:48:58 PM »
You still have time to an hero.  The super bloody werewolf moon isn't until Saturday.

Awesome!! There is still time to prepare! Phew!

Know your place

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #470 on: January 20, 2019, 01:28:06 PM »

Well looks like preparation for me may not be needed afterall

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/lunar-eclipse-super-blood-wolf-moon-to-be-seen-by-28-billion/news-story/314aeab2f00c1a86196ee0ddcce06250

Apparently Australia wont be able to see it. Good.

Know your place

markjo

• Content Nazi
  • The Elder Ones
« Reply #471 on: January 22, 2019, 12:44:11 PM »

Well looks like preparation for me may not be needed afterall

https://www.news.com.au/technology/science/space/lunar-eclipse-super-blood-wolf-moon-to-be-seen-by-28-billion/news-story/314aeab2f00c1a86196ee0ddcce06250

Apparently Australia wont be able to see it. Good.
Australia may not have seen the super bloody werewolf moon, but it still saw the super werewolf moon.

« Reply #472 on: March 01, 2019, 05:07:03 AM »
We've had two 'Super' full moons already this year and a third due this month. Many millions of people have viewed them and it is probably reasonable to assume that the next will be too.

With such a large sample size, will the society be gathering good statistical evidence of the claimed dangers of exposure to moonlight?

Son of Orospu

• Jura's b*tch and proud of it!
  • Planar Moderator
  • I have artificial intelligence
« Reply #473 on: March 05, 2019, 10:52:25 PM »
My theory is that there is a correlation between all of these rare moons and the the rise in self righteous, entitled, whiny millennials.  Has anyone else pieced together the connection, or is it just me?

« Reply #474 on: March 11, 2019, 07:16:50 AM »
Probably just you. The real connection is almost certainly their age. Since time immemorial the elder generation have thought scornfully of the younger.

Space Cowgirl

• MOM
  • Administrator
  • Official FE Recruiter
« Reply #475 on: March 20, 2019, 04:28:08 PM »
Beware the super worm moon tonight. The only way to safely view it is through a welding helmet.

Bullwinkle

• The Elder Ones
  • Standard Idiot
« Reply #476 on: March 20, 2019, 07:27:24 PM »
I am covered by malfunctioning rain clouds. I am SAFE !

boydster

• Assistant to the Regional Manager
  • Planar Moderator
« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2019, 04:48:26 PM »
I noticed precisely 0% more worms today than yesterday. I think this one was a dud.

Wolvaccine

• EXTRA SPICY MODE
« Reply #478 on: March 22, 2019, 12:15:28 AM »
I noticed precisely 0% more worms today than yesterday. I think this one was a dud.

That's a relief. I had to walk outside at night a few times last night and my face was exposed. In saying that, no exposure is safe exposure so I assume some damage on a micro scale took place anyway. FML

Know your place

Jura-Glenlivet II

• Flat Earth Inquisitor
  • Will I still be perfect tomorrow?
« Reply #479 on: March 22, 2019, 03:54:30 AM »

Last night I bathed in its cool rays, this morning I am renewed.
Life is meaningless and everything dies.

Suicide is dangerous- other philosophies are available-#Life is great.